Game Fan League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
WTF i need to proofread my posts...

It should be

Hey sherlock and Fayte, with how complex you've made this little game do you need someone else to do the match ups other than just you two? I have no problems helping if you'll let me.
Anyway..i can't really think of anything...well actually it's more like I'm worried that: like a fighting game you think you've made everything balanced..then when the game is released you find out Ryoga is meta knight/v-13/Shikamaru-Hiruko tier...

I'd rather see how the ability system plays out before adding even more tweaks.
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah I agree. We need to finish up the season first.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Indeed. We have to wait for Jyten and Ravsieg's lineups. Ravsieg only sends his lineups on the weekends though, so it might take some time.

Fayte, let me see if I understood the system correctly:

You can either activate 1 effect or 1 aura per character, and feats activate whether you want or not right?
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So guys, any predictions on who is going to win between Fayte and Ravsieg/Hinata vs Jyten?
My guess is Fayte and Hinata Fan are winning 3-2 and 3-1 respectively.
(Don't know why though)

Also, you might wanna give Shishido an ability similar to Ootori's, Rising Counter or something, so that he is boosted a bit in singles as well.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I say Fayte is going to win 3-2.
His singles are much better, so unless Ravsieg outpysches him into putting his strongest players in doubles, he won't have a problem.

Rav has to win 1 match in singles, and 2 in doubles. It's not impossible, but considering that Fayte can still win doubles if he...

*notices something*

Oh, I'm changing my answer.

3-2, Ravsieg. I just noticed one lineup he can use that would outright destroy whatever Fayte threw at him.

Jyten, 3-2. His singles are just too good. Irie can kill Oni, and Yagyuu and Chitose can kill anything Hinata Fan throws at him.

Say he goes with a lineup with his 3 top singles, he will probably win. Even if he doesn't, he still will probably win at doubles.

If he hits Oni with Irie, he wins the match easily.

Oh Fayte, why don't you and Atobe do a test run of the new system?

Send me your lineups, using effects/feats and etc and I'll post the results, just as if it was a real match.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Indeed. We have to wait for Jyten and Ravsieg's lineups. Ravsieg only sends his lineups on the weekends though, so it might take some time.
I'm a bit relieved by this as I have to go on a school trip from Thursday on. I'll be back on Saturday though, so with this there shouldn't be much of a delay.

3-2, Ravsieg. I just noticed one lineup he can use that would outright destroy whatever Fayte threw at him.
*takes another look at the teams*
Ah, how could I not see this...
Seriously, I've no idea which lineup you're talking about. Maybe you can tell me when it's over.
(*skips school in order to look for the lineup*)
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I'd post the lineup here, but that would give Rav an unfair advantage haha. I'll pm you tomorrow(I'm afraid I must sleep. It's 4:06 am here, in the land of maple syrup.)
 

Ravsieg

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
325
Reaction score
2
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Alrighty, my lineup is sent. So... we'll see soon who wins!


Alright, now it's sent correctly. I had sent it to Bowser, rofl.
 
Last edited:

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I should have my line up in soon brain is a bit messed up. So, this may go poorly..prays SS does all the work for me. :P

Sent. Ahh...sad when my winning or losing means nothing to me...
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I feel your pain Jyten, I really do.

Jyten vs Hinata Fan

Singles 3: Shishido vs Yagyuu (22.5)=Winner: Jyten
Doubles 2: Jackal/Kurobane vs Chitose + Inui (34)=Winner: Jyten
Singles 2: Chinen vs Irie (55)=Winner: Jyten
Doubles 1: Gin/Kaidoh vs Gakuto + Aoi (12)=Winner: Hinata Fan
Singles 1: Oni vs Kai (11)=Winner: Hinata Fan

Winner: Jyten. 3-2!

Now, FOR THE FINALS!

Fayte vs Ravsieg

S3 Oshitari (18.5) vs Sanada (30)=Winner: Fayte
D2 Kite + Kintaro (44.5) vs Akutsu/Rin (43)=Winner: Ravsieg
S2 Amane (15) vs Tachibana (32) =Winner: Fayte
D1 Fuji + Kirihara (lol @ combo, 48) vs Zaizen/Jiro(33.5)=Winner:Ravsieg
S1 Kamio (15.5) vs Bunta (23.5)=Winner: Fayte

Game, match, championship! Fayte! 3-2!

Very well! It seems like our first champion is Fayte!

This is how our ranking ends!

1)Fayte,(18 points, +6 games)
2)Bowser, Ravsieg (15 points, +5 games)
3)Jyten(15 points, +3 game)
4)Sherlock Holmes.(9 points, +0 games)
5)Atobe The King, (6 points, -5 games)
6)Hinata Fan(6 points, -12 games)
7)_________________

I guess this is it for the final seaso-...



We have two players tied in second! Can't have that!

Ravsieg and Bowser will play one final match!

This match won't increase their total points, only their total games. That way, neither of them can catch up with Fayte since giving them an extra match would be just unfair.

But to put it simply, whoever wins becomes number 2, and whoever loses becomes number 3.

THAT'S RIGHT. TIME TO FIGHT FOR THE SILVER!
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I feel your pain Jyten, I really do.
Yeah, You, Hinata, and me...our ideas ended up not working for us...having 1 over powered player is terribly rough. I'm dead center and your slightly below me. If Atobe had looked at his opponents before sending his line up I think he'd be above all of us. lolz...

Even still IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT! Other than Fayte (I had like 1/49 chance of winning) it was fun to figure out what lineup was best against everyone and I guess I didn't enjoy the match against Hinata...that match was pointless...

So, when will we know exactly how repicking will work for the next league?
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, damn. I put the doubles pairs in the wrong spots again. I could have won if they were the other way around.

Still, given how many low ranked players I had, I'm surprised I even did as well as this in the league. Next season shall be different.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I'll abuse feats/effects this time though.

My lineup ALWAYS will be
Doubles:
Ootori/Shishido
Kikumaru/Oishi

Singles
Niou
Momo
Kazuya

The fun will be in trying to figure out where the hell they are haha.

You guys can post here what changes you wish to make, and Fayte will update the list.

New players, you can also pick your team now. I know it won't be as good as everyone else's teams, but we'll have a little system to make things a little more fair.

Any characters picked by a new player will have +10 in their cost/power points, with the exception of the already godly Ryoga.

E.G:

Kenya (14.5)
-Supersonic[Feat]: When playing doubles, Kenya increases by 10 points.

Kenya would cost/have 24.5 points.

That way new players can still have a balanced team.
So, to make things easier to our two newcomers, here is the list of characters they can choose from!

Arai (10)
-Pride[Feat]: When playing with a Seigaku member, Arai gets boosted 5 points. (doubles only)

Richard (12.5)
-AHAHAHA[Feat]: Opponent gets raised 3 points. (singles only)

Kaneda (12)
-Doubles Expert[Feat]: When playing doubles, Kaneda gets double the points. (doubles only)

Kadowaki (12)
-Super Tennis[Feat]: When playing singles, Kadowaki automatically loses. (singles only)

Ishida (14)
-Power[Feat]: User gets boosted 3 points.

Higashitaka (14)
-Doubles Expert[Feat]: When playing doubles, Higashitaka gets double the points. (doubles only)

Taka (13.5)
-Power[Feat]: User gets boosted 3 points.
-Hadoukyuu[Effect]: Taka gets boosted 10 points. (both singles and doubles)

Itsuki (13.5)
-Sinker[Effect]: Nullifies the opponents special effects. (doubles only)
-Charge Up[Effect]: Itsuki wins if the opponent is within 1 point of his total. (both singles and doubles)



Akazawa(14.5)
-Blur Ball[Effect]: If Akazawa plays singles, he is boosted 5 points.

Koharu (16)
-Gay Pride[Effect]: If Hitouji is the partner, team gets boosted 15 points.

Hitouji (15.5)
-Gay Pride[Effect]: If Koharu is the partner, team gets boosted 15 points.


Minami (18)
-Doubles Expert[Feat]: When playing doubles, Minami gets double the points. (doubles only)


Mizuki (19.5)
-Observation[Feat]: If Mizuki plays a member of Seigaku, he is boosted 12 points.

Kenya (24.5)
-Supersonic[Feat]: When playing doubles, Kenya increases by 10 points.

Reiji (24)
-Power[Feat]: User gets boosted 3 points.

Wakato (23)
-Change Over![Feat]: Copies the special effect of any player he chooses.

Ryoga (65)
-The Prince[Feat]: If the opponent is Echizen, Ryoga automatically loses. (singles only)
So yes, the newcomers have a slightly different choice pool from us veterans. Our choices are weaker, but hey we already got our teams.

Remember newbies, you have 140 points to use to get 7 different characters!
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ok, then I'll go with these guys:
Taka (13,5)
Itsuki (13,5)
Higashitaka (14)
Minami (18)
Mizuki (19,5)
Reiji (24)
Kenya (24,5)

Total 127

I hope this is allright.

Also, congrats to Fayte for winning the first season. (At least I got this match right)
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Looks fine to me!

As soon as Jav finishes his team,Fayte/Atobe finish the test match, and Bowser/Ravsieg finish fighting for second place, we'll start season 2.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Great, although I feel a bit depresses at having 13 points left, naturally I' have liked to use Ryoga as well, compromises must be made somtimes.

Btw if anyone is interested in Reiji, say so, I really hate him as a character.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Great, although I feel a bit depresses at having 13 points left, naturally I' have liked to use Ryoga as well, compromises must be made somtimes.

Btw if anyone is interested in Reiji, say so, I really hate him as a character.
I'm interested in making trades right now..but given his cost...I think'd have to do two trades not just one...messes up my over all total..I still have no idea how this works...like can we trade in? I think I tried twice and failed? Like I'd really like to trade Inui for Wakato? If he trades me Reiji does he go back to -10 power?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm interested in making trades right now..but given his cost...I think'd have to do two trades not just one...messes up my over all total..I still have no idea how this works...like can we trade in? I think I tried twice and failed? Like I'd really like to trade Inui for Wakato? If he trades me Reiji does he go back to -10 power?
Do I understand you right, you want Reiji, or do you want to trade in general?
If you'd like Reiji and we're allowed to do that, I'd like to take Yagyuu in return. As for the level, I think it should/would remain, though I'm not really sure of it.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Do I understand you right, you want Reiji, or do you want to trade in general?
If you'd like Reiji and we're allowed to do that, I'd like to take Yagyuu in return. As for the level, I think it should/would remain, though I'm not really sure of it.
For Yagyuu...very tempting but I was more looking for 2 trades. 2 for 2. Reiji, isn't bad due to his level but his ability is a bit poor and I just realized all your guys cost more than all of mine except 3...and those 3 I can't really lose.

Reiji could have an effect of like deep impulse in the anime that makes his opponents go down by 6 points? Just a thought.

Granted after looking at my list, I'll just hold off for now I have like 2 semi-cool chars and Yagyuu's one of them. Praying for a win.

Maybe we should give the chars we know we won't ever see in the manga a slight boost or better abilities since they have no chance of getting stronger?
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
It's 144, but I have RICHARD AND KADOWAKI!

Ryoga (65)
Koharu(16)
Hitouji(15.5)
Kaneda (12)
Richard (12.5)
Arai (10)
Kadowaki (12)

There wasn't too much to choose...Only my Fantastic 7 and Ishida, Akazawa and Wakato
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top