Game Fan League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sherlock you made some mistakes I need to point out.

"One interesting thing: Had Atobe The King picked world of ice instead of rondo towards destruction, he would have won this match. Be careful when selecting your effects kids!"

-World of Ice[Effect]: If the opponent is within 10 levels, they drop 5 points. (singles only)

World of Ice would have made me drop levels, yes, however, an Effect is NOT an Aura. I had this on Sanada,

-Pinnacle of Destruction[Aura]: If the opponent is a higher level, Sanada gets boosted 15 points.

------------------

As for the Yukimura match,

-The Yips[Effect]: All status effects of any opponents are neutralized. (singles only)

This does not work on Aura's

-Wild Lion[Aura]: If the opponent is within 5 levels, Tachibana gets boosted 5 points.


To make it easier to understand, think of an actual match in the manga. Yukimura is able to stop "Techniques" but Yukimura isn't doing anything against someone busting out an Aura. So the Yips have no effect on an Aura. If the Wild Lion was an [Effect], it would have been canceled by the Yips. But it is an [Aura]

So actually, that match was a Tie. If Atobe picked SoSA, Yukimura would have won.

--------------


You got it right for Zaizen though, oddly enough lol. He can't steal and Aura because it isn't an [Effect]
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Auras do not count as status?
My mistake. I thought it counted as status, so in Atobe vs Sanada, his insight would have turned down Sanada's change as well.

I thought status counted as "anything that makes a character get +something"

Yukimura...Same thing, I was still thinking that status=anything that gave a character a +.

I'm editing my post right now, to leave it as reference.

By the way, is there a reason why Momo's insight is an effect while Atobe's insight is a feat? Is it because his insight is much worse than Atobe's?
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
By the way, is there a reason why Momo's insight is an effect while Atobe's insight is a feat? Is it because his insight is much worse than Atobe's?
Nope, I just forgot to change it. Done.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Also, the top 4 characters in the game...

Ryoga (65)
-The Prince[Feat]: If the opponent is Echizen, Ryoga automatically loses. (singles only)

Kazuya (60) Sherlock Holmes
-Intimidation[Effect]: If the opponent is at a higher level, they go down 10 points. (both singles and doubles)

Irie (55) Jyten
-Brainstorm[Feat]: All effects and auras neutralized.

Oni (50) Hinata Fan
-Power[Feat]: User gets boosted 3 points.
-Rage[Effect]: If the opponent is at a higher level, Oni gets boosted 5 points. (singles only)
Really now, Tezuka and co have 4 abilities in total, and the top 4 characters have 1 or 2?

I think we should fix that.
...And I'm not just saying that because I have Kazuya >.>
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I updated some characters, changed effect names and what not on Tezuka, Atobe, Renji, Chitose and Fuji.

I don't know what to add to the top 4. I think they are too high to have amazing abilities. I mean might as well not have abilities if nobody can beat someone higher than them.


Also, here are my personal favorites when it comes to what effects I think stand out and say awesome.

Niou (21) Sherlock Holmes
-The Trickster[Effect]: If the opponent is not from Rikkaidai, Niou swaps points with whoever he plays (singles only).

Sengoku (21) Bowser
-Lucky![Effect]: If the opponent is within 7 levels, Sengoku's team gets raised 7 points, they drop 7 points and their effects are canceled. (doubles only)

Wakato (23)
-Change Over![Feat]: Copies the effect of any player he chooses.

Oshitari (18.5) Ravsieg
-The Man Of 1000 Techniques[Effect]: Oshitari gets boosted 3 points and copies the effect of his opponent. (singles only)
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Good point, but I think they deserve at least a feat/effect. I'm not saying they have to be useful, but you know. Just to be there.

Something like "Ryoga: Non Canon- Ryoga's level increases by five if he is playing against a non canon character."

I don't know, I suppose you are right. They are pretty much invincible already.
I love all those 4. I also love Zaizen's effect.

Btw, question. Do I have to activate Niou's effect, or can I just play with as a 21 point character?

Also, does Niou's effect to swap points happen before or after his opponent's effects have resolved?

(ex: Yuuta gains 15 points with his effect. Would they switch before or after Yuuta gained points?)

Oh, and I love Kabaji's effect of course. And Akutsu's.

Wakato can be a beast, depending on how people use him.
 
Last edited:

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, I think one issue with the Top characters, outside of Ryoga, is that we also don't know that much about them yet. We don't really know what abilities it would make sense to give to someone like Irie.

And they are all pretty awesome already.
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Btw, question. Do I have to activate Niou's effect, or can I just play with as a 21 point character?
No you don't need to activate any effect. That was the main reason I didn't make Niou's effect a "feat."

Also, does Niou's effect to swap points happen before or after his opponent's effects have resolved?

(ex: Yuuta gains 15 points with his effect. Would they switch before or after Yuuta gained points?)
BEFORE any effects, AFTER any feats.

Wakato can be a beast, depending on how people use him.
He is easily one of the best characters. I have no idea why people have not picked him.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
BEFORE any effects, AFTER any feats.
What about Auras? After or before?

He is easily one of the best characters. I have no idea why people have not picked him.
I'm surprised too. I don't see why people would pick Reiji over him. Or Kevin.
 

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Im lost..how'd did Tachibana's stats get so high O_O
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think Kenya and Minami were both on my list.
In that case, I'm gonna replace them with Krauser and Wakato.

Dunno why I didn't pick him before...
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
'Cause Kaneda isn´t free, I changed him to Wakato (23)
My team has right now:
Ryoga (65)
Koharu(16)
Hitouji(15.5)
Richard (12.5)
Arai (10)
Kadowaki (12)
Wakato (23)
I've more than 140 points, but Sherlock has permitted it
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Too bad Sengoku's effects are in doubles. Should be good enough though.


Minami "beat" Echizen, he needs a boost lmao :D
 
Last edited:

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sorry Javimgol I had to give you Reiji. Chaos took Wakato first so I have to give it to him.

NO MORE TEAM CHANGES -_-
Unless you still have 140 points..

Note: I just did a MAJOR balance out. I took away Tachibana's base boost and put it back to normal, and upgraded his effect. This way it can be canceled. Now everyone has 140 points and nobody has an advantage or disadvantage.

Sanada (30)
Akutsu (25)
Tachibana (24)
Rin (21)
Zaizen (20)
Bunta (20)
Kabaji (xx)

Total:140
Echizen(40)
Yukimura(35)
Atobe (26)
Kajimoto (15)
Shinji (12.5)
Saeki (7.5)
Yuuta (4)

Total:140
Kazuya(60)
Niou(22)
Momo (16)
Kikumaru(12)
Ootori (12)
Oishi (10)
Shishido (8)

Total:140
Tezuka (27)
Renji (25.5)
Shiraishi (24.5)
Sengoku (19)
Kenya (15)
Hiyoshi (15)
Minami (13)

Total:140
Fuji (25)
Tooyama (23)
Kirihara (23)
Kite (21)
Oshitari (18)
Kamio (15)
Amane (15)

Total: 140
Irie (55)
Chitose (23.5)
Yagyuu (22.5)
Inui (16)
Kai (11)
Aoi (7)
Gakuto (5)

Total: 140
Oni (50)
Gin (20.5)
Jiro (18)
Kaidoh (16.5)
Chinen (16.5)
Jackal (10)
Kurobane (8.5)

Total: 140
Ryoga (65)
Reiji (24)
Koharu(16)
Hitouji(15.5)
Richard (11.5)
Kadowaki (6)
Arai (2)

Total: 140
Kevin(30)
Krauser (23)
Wakato (23)
Mizuki (20)
Higashitaka (15)
Taka (15)
Itsuki (14)

Total: 140
 
Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Fayte has Kabaji...

*is scared shitless*

Whoever has Ryoga...watch your as cuz i have Echizen lmao.
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ah fuck, I only chose Minami cuz he had the double point in doubles effect, he was only 8 so it was kinda fairer (even though they were double partners) and then you changed it! My team is screwed lmfao
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ah fuck, I only chose Minami cuz he had the double point in doubles effect, he was only 8 so it was kinda fairer (even though they were double partners) and then you changed it! My team is screwed lmfao
Well, I picked Higashitaka for the same reason, can't be helped, I suppose.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top