Games Fate/Grand Order

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I just hope to get Skadi with my 4-digits Quartz count (not even including the Quartz we will get for the anniversary). Then I will definitely go for the Assassin-Class paid gacha, and finallly get my hands on my very first 5 star Assassin Servant. It is the only class I'm lacking a 5 star Servant. :lmao If Skadi doesn't join my Chaldea, chances are high that I will go for Tamamo/Merlin/Waver in the paid gacha.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I also don't have a 5 star assassin. So that's where I'll be going. My outcome ranking goes pretty much like..

Don't try the gacha god, Jammin. :toc

I would be fine with anyone, but I prefer Cleo, MHX, and Shuten.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Don't try the gacha god, Jammin. :toc

I would be fine with anyone, but I prefer Cleo, MHX, and Shuten.
The gatcha goddess is well aware of how many male servants are sitting in my Chaldea unloved and unleveled. If she grants me Skadi I will accept any and all bad luck with a smile on my face.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
The gatcha goddess is well aware of how many male servants are sitting in my Chaldea unloved and unleveled. If she grants me Skadi I will accept any and all bad luck with a smile on my face.
Skadi should appear for all of us, since... by her own words... she loves all of us!?!?



 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I will be getting 160 SQ from the bonus + 30 next week from 50 days,so pray and hope.

Also I will be doing the extra banner, even the dupes on that are fine to me
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm liking Lost Belt 2 more than Lost Belt 1 so far but, man, I really don't like the way Goredorf's dialogue is written. He's like the embodiment of my least favorite thing in FGO writing, which I tend to think is really good overall.

He constantly does the thing where somebody puts exposition out there, then he repeats it for dramatic emphasis, the problem is that he repeats the entire thing in a more longwinded way without adding anything too it.

Example:

If someone said..

"There is a mysterious person out there!"

He would say..

"There is a mysterious person out there? I don't believe it. There can't be a person out there? Can there? There can't be right? You need to get your eyes checked there can't possibly be anyone out there!"

And he does that with every damn line. It's so much pointless bloat and just murders the flow. I just read that exposition, why would I need to read it again?:bored
 
Last edited:

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Goredorf vs Gerda dialogue cracked me tho.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I'm liking Lost Belt 1 more than Lost Belt 2 so far but, man, I really don't like the way Goredorf's dialogue is written. He's like the embodiment of my least favorite thing in FGO writing, which I tend to think is really good overall.

He constantly does the thing where somebody puts exposition out there, then he repeats it for dramatic emphasis, the problem is that he repeats the entire thing in a more longwinded way without adding anything too it.

Example:

If someone said..

"There is a mysterious person out there!"

He would say..

"There is a mysterious person out there? I don't believe it. There can't be a person out there? Can there? There can't be right? You need to get your eyes checked there can't possibly be anyone out there!"

And he does that with every damn line. It's so much pointless bloat and just murders the flow. I just read that exposition, why would I need to read it again?:bored
:XD I couldn't agree more.

It is not only Goredorf though. This is literally one of the main issues I have with the storytelling of FGO in general. These kind of repetitions are also done in anime, but never to such a degree as in FGO. What's more, an anime has at least the advantage that it doesn't require you to do something compared to FGO where you have to tap the hell out of your fingers for the same lines over and over again.

This time, I even made some notes myself, I am around section 11 (possible spoiler):

Case #1:
  • Mash explains that our objective is the Paper Moon and the Tree of Emptiness
  • Napoleon agrees with that
  • Napoleon repeats the exact same stuff Mash explained before

Case #2 before a fight:
  • Thrud gets ordered to deal with us
  • Thrud copies the order (same stuff)
  • Napoleon says she is the real deal -> an information we already know
  • Mash mentions that giants are approaching
  • Napoleon copies that
  • Thrud makes yet another comment that she is about to deal with us

Case #3 before a fight against Sigurd:
  • Someone mentions that it should be impossible to detect Servant's distinct presence, yet Sigurd's can be felt
  • Some blabla inbetween
  • Just before the start of the fight, the above is mentioned again.

Case #4:
  • Unlimited Ortinax Status Update Works from Mash within the same quest-scene

Case #5:
  • Ophelia mentions Mash's growth back to back

Case #6:
  • Kirschtaria repeats the same stuff about his plan just with other words for like 15 minutes within the same quest-scene

Case #7:
  • Countless back and forth between Koyanskaya and Ophelia ('I know you', 'no you don't')

Case #8:
  • Ortlinde, Thrud and Hildr all make the same comment about that Brynhildr has awoken

Case #9:
  • One of the three sisters explains why they put Brynhildr to sleep and the other two repeat the same stuff again.

Case #10:
  • When Brynhildr recognizes all three sisters, she talks about their survival until now.
  • Napoleon repeats that again

This is really triggering me. :lmao And sorry to say that, but Fou is annoying as hell. Either stop dedicating like every 5th-8th cutscene to him or just kill it off. Also, not a big fan of Napoleon as well as Goredorf. The whole love/fiancé/crush scenes with Napoleon are ultra cringe. Goredorf's convo with Gerda was irritating. Like... the world of Gerda doesn't know better/differently, why is he making such a fuss about it? Mash is also against that way of life, but she deals with it far more sensible.

On the other hand, I still think the story is quite okayish so far. I like this twisted nature of Skadi, and came to love Brynhildr whom I had not so much of an opinion of before. Now, I would gladly take her as a Servant. :zomg
 
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
On the more positive side I am enjoying Napoleon and Skadi. (Section 7 currently)

His out of nowhere love confession for Ophelia was great. A nice lively development. I'm rooting for you buddy!

And Skadi is the sort of Fate character I enjoy a lot. A villain who is more than just a villain. She's got an internal logic that's just alien. I like that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's pretty funny to me how often these story bossfights come down to Martha Ruler slugging it out 1v1 with the boss and his last bit of health. That has happened to me at least 3 times in this singularity alone.

It's always the same. I go in with a class advantage buster team of whatever type and they do the majoirty of the damage with her at the back of my team. But the break bars, lucky crits, or whatever mechanics the boss has slowly grind them down until it's a boss with 50-100k health versus Martha's fists. And she always wins. I love it so much. She is the Zaraki Kenpachi of my Chaldea.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Also kudos to whoever designed Ishtar. I love the character. But it always strikes me how her skill set is such a perfect fit for that character.

She's so powerful when things go well and so infuriating when they don't. It's very meta with how it matches an awesome but unreliable goddess. Like she gets the same buff as monstrous strength on a 3 turn cooldown but it's delayed. So it's incredibly easy to whiff with it and I just hate myself every time that happens. Then she has hard defense but the chance of it activating is only 80%. Which means when you really need it the odds of it activating are 0%. But when the dice roll your way she puts out more damage than almost anybody.
 
Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia





I don't want to sound greedy after holding hands with Okitan, but dear god... I can't wait to roll for Skadi. <3
Indeed, the wait is longer than I thought it would be but the day is nearly at hand. I just hope that these hands will be able to hold her jpeg in the game 🙏
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Indeed, the wait is longer than I thought it would be but the day is nearly at hand. I just hope that these hands will be able to hold her jpeg in the game 🙏
I am not quite sure if you deserve her though. You did forsake her as your #1 waifu after all. :rolleyes: Not saying Musashi isn't a top tier waifu, but you did what you did in the end...
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I am not quite sure if you deserve her though. You did forsake her as your #1 waifu after all. :rolleyes: Not saying Musashi isn't a top tier waifu, but you did what you did in the end...
Hahaha, talking about deserve? Now now syx that's just invoking karma to be unkind, but I hope for all our sakes that is not the case. Skadi shall love us all equally, but I do hope she will visit me and bless my servants with her presence.

Deserve? Expect? Ha! If the RNGoddess has a personality it would be Aqua.

Oh so true.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I don't follow the Japanese state of Fate GO, so my knowledge is usually very limited in regards to what we (NA) will get in the future.

Apparently we will get Command Codes soon. I wasn't aware of these until today. If you are in the same position as I am, then I advise you to watch this video. It's doing a great job at explaining the most important key points about them.




I am not entirely sure, if I welcome these Command Codes. Of course they have to add new stuff to avoid the feel of monotony. I may sound too sceptical, but that's because I made very horrible experiences with a certain other gacha game, where they implement new mechanics to power up your units over and over again, which are not only extremely time consuming to farm, but also aren't guaranteed to power up your unit, it is basically RNG. Not to mention that you can't clear high level content without those power ups anymore.

The Command Codes surely don't fall into that category, but I hope things don't get out of control in the future.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Have to wait and see. I don't love the keys as a concept. I hate that part. The rest of it sounds cool. Mainly because it will allow friend point gatcha to have more of a role for end game people. Because after you get all the 3 stars heroes maxed out there really isn't much a reason to ever use friend points aside from getting cubes if you need those.

As for their effects... meh they seem pretty negligible really.

There just aren't many battles where those are going to turn the tide. Even the really good ones, which we'll mostly get via events and we'll only get one or maybe two of if they're in the reruns, can only apply to one card so can only do so much. Feel like it's going to much more for personal customization than actual gameplay impact.

The best ones, IMO, are Magus of Flowers and the 2 Guda Guda ones. Which all increase the star absorption of a particular type of card. And even those aren't things you can't do without.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
11,637
Reaction score
6,369
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The Command Codes look interesting at first glance for solo/last standing servents, but I feel like they'll go the way of the 4-star stat cards and I will just end up dumping them in storage because I can't decide who to use them on.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Am I the only that think they paced these last 2 weeks horribly?

Lostbelt sure is nice but it does take a while with all the repetitive dialogue (didn´t really like the story), and then we have empty weeks since All the Statemen rerun is useless for those that have already done it
 
Top