Favorite Fighting Series? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorite Fighting Series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Mine is by far, the Mortal Kombat series.

I don't know what it is about them, but I've just loved playing these games even though they were nearly outright condemned for excess violence (blood galore!) here in America, and had a pretty bad reputation for a while. Maybe it was just the graphics, though, that I liked, and the first Mortal Kombat movie was pretty good, too!

I'm sure a lot of you like different fighting series though, so feel free to post away here which one you liked the most. I haven't played THAT many myself.

Also, feel free to mention what your favorite combatant - one you wished you could be in ANY fighting series - is. Mine would have to be Scorpion. He's just cool. "Get over here!" :D

blasta

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I like Street Fighter of course and King of Fighters the most they are great and are classics especially SF. Dead or Alive, Tekken, Virtual Fighter, Gulity Gear, and Soul Calibur are also good fighting games too.

zypher

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
No one are saying Super Smash Bros series??

The i say Super Smash Bros ^^

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Two series, the first one is Soul Calibur, which is just the greatest fighting game series ever, and the second one is Dead or Alive, I like the simplicity of the gameplay and the pretty bishoujo fighters. I hope that the Tecmo guys who signed the exclusive rights with Microsoft will end in the last circle of hell, though :notrust

If I could be a fighter ? Hmmm, i'd say Kilik in the Soul Calibur Series. Bōjutsu is just one of the coolest fighting styles in my opinion^^" And no, I didn't pick him because he usually travels with the cute Xianghua :eyeroll

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Hhhmmm..... I've been playing Street Fighter since like.... eerrr... so many years ago. Since the first game with only four characters until the Alpha Zero series....

Mortal Kombat too. Heh... Seeing Raiden flying across the screen all the time >.>

And the latest would be NH3 ^^ Heh.. Hiraishin no Jutsu is awesome ^^

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I enjoyed Street Fighter II, but past that it sort of became old for me. I liked how Mortal Kombat felt more real in the fighting styles.

Never played Soul Calibur - I know, I've been missing out.

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Soul Blade 1-3 (aka Soul Calibur) and when up to 4 people Super Smash Brothers.

My favorite SF character would be Vega, but truth be told I play best with Ryu. The ones I hate are Zangief (and in Alpha 3 it's also Dan).

In soul calibur it's that kunoichi.

Analog Fish

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite series would have to be the Jump Stars fighting series. Next would have to be Narutimate Hero games. Smash Brothers is good and all though it could be better I'll just wait for Brawl and see where they go with it.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The street fighter series and the marvel vs capcom series (why did they have to fall into the hands of ea?)

Narutimate Hero<<<<<<<<<<<Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen series. That kicks sooo much more ass.

Venom65437

Yes, Marvel vs. Capcom is great, I have the second one, it's loads of fun, and worth a lot of money. Not that I would ever sell it.

I'd love to see a third game, with even more characters (and more balanced, some fighters in MvC 2 just PWN! the others, haha.)

Anyway, if there had been a third one, I would have mentioned it with the other series, but only 2... meh.

KaiserRyuujin

Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite Fighting Series would well its tough. I'd say a running with Tekken and Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter very far down the road because Scorpion busted out the firey skull and torched them :P I have liked what they started to do with Mortal Kombat and implimenting the different martial art styles, and with their most recent the create a fighter which is fun. Tekken I am curious to see just how the story will continue on, as its been pretty crazy and interesting continuence type of thing. But yeah, Tekken and MK series.

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti
I'm thinking between Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.

juUnior

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Mortal Kombat, but only games 1,2 and defiently 3 or Ultimate 3 ^^
Street Fighter, especially those from automats xD

And its not series, but i like Dragonball Z: Hyper Dimension very much (from SNES). It was one of the best for that platform xD

zypher

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Yeah I had forgotten about Dragonball Z those are great fighting games ^^

DemonDays

Reaction score
Country
England
Soul Calibur, because it has weapons and Mortal Kombat for fist fighting (and the finishing moves).

zetsuie

Banned
Reaction score
doa because im good at it or i once was

worm34

Reaction score
Country
United States
Street fighter has got be my favorite. Some thing about this game keeps making me want to play it after a while. I remember there was this class where some of us brought ps2 controls and somebody brought their ps2 and we would always go crazy when some time of comeback would happen and it was great ehh good times.

4thHokage

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Im a big fan of fighting games, i think im pretty good at most ;) my top 3 series are
1) Street fighter (esp the alpha series)
2) Tekken (esp 5 with the reintroduction of a "jun" style character asuksa)
3) King Of Fighters ... Kyo, Iori and Terry team undefeatable lol

zypher

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
4thHokage said:
3) King Of Fighters ... Kyo, Iori and Terry team undefeatable lol
This one sounds realy intresting ^_^
On witch console is it ??

Status
Not open for further replies.