Actually it's only a panel, I don't feel like searching the complete page
It's a little bit spoilerish and from Berserk
I love this pic. Caska looking so surprised and Guts so calm and cool when he catches the blade just with his (armored) hand, without a slight bit of agression even though he just got cut. So superior in stance and, in addition, due to beeing taller by one and a half head, let allone his body mass.
It makes Caska really looking like a child here.
I love this page because Naruto saved Sakura in an epic way. Not only that, but the look in his eyes just show determination and danger! He finally made his decision what to do regarding Sasuke!
That's one of my favorite Naruto pages too. That might have been Naruto's most GAR moment in five years. The look in his eyes was epic. To bad the next chapter had Naruto's most yaoi moment in five years
@Milly: The perspective and motion in the double spread is well-done. If I were to describe it in one word, it would be "dynamic". (Asarii isn't an art student.)
I also like the second page you gave. It was a good way to end off a chapter, and I bet the readers were spending the whole week pondering about what was going to happen next.
@naruto-niichan: I was about to choose the first one so I guess I'll have to find another. Obata did a good job with both pages, and he deserves to be called an artist.
That page was the start of an epic Naruto moment. I love that page and hold it in high regards, because Naruto also matures and becomes the person he is now.
It's not like it was artistically great or something, not even above average. But what I do like is this extreme austerity. The people of these stories don't have any doubts, if they find themselves in a situation to fight, they fight. When they have to slice people, they do so. They always seem to have a clear mind, and it's so much displayed in the swordman's face.
I like that page because Luffy's basically punching one of the highest powers on the world, a man so powerful he could get away with anything. Why? Because that jerk shot Luffy's friend and is a bastard. This shows that Luffy doesn't care about power or the consequences; he just wants to protect his friends and will fight for them/get revenge for them. Pretty epic if I do say so.
I like this because it shows that Luffy finally got the respect he earned. Might be reading too much into it but Sentomaru saying that Luffy isn't a piece of shit like the impostor showed that he did have some respect for Luffy.
I like that page because Luffy's basically punching one of the highest powers on the world, a man so powerful he could get away with anything. Why? Because that jerk shot Luffy's friend and is a bastard. This shows that Luffy doesn't care about power or the consequences; he just wants to protect his friends and will fight for them/get revenge for them. Pretty epic if I do say so.
I like the reason you gave for both pages, but this one is visually impressive. You can tell that the punch Luffy gave is powerful and obviously hurts a lot! The page also emphasize what you said about Luffy's desire to protect his friends. If it wasn't drawn with as much impact, it wouldn't have the same effect.
I guess seeing the heroine..."put in her place", was a little refreshing. Almost feels like a propaganda poster for an authoritarian government to remind people of the consequences of dissent.
Edit: A couple more from Blame!
As bloody resilient as Killy is, there's not much of a superhero vibe about him, the environment really overwhelms the characters as the most significant element of the story. Life and death is almost insignificant in an artificial world filled with near primal instincts. Even though the kind of destruction our protagonist is capable of would put any nukes to shame, it is but an minute speck within the shadow of this all encompassing megastructure, no one is even there to be awed by any such display of power. Here is a rare moment where the audience get a feel of Killy's heroic aura from a badass looking pose.
There's an eerie atmosphere for me here, one moment of intimacy and comfort suddenly interrupted by an ungodly powerful being just popping out of thin air next to you. It's not a unexpected attack where you get a hand shoved through the torso or anything, but rather the thing is just floating there, waiting for a reaction. This is different to say One Piece, where we've seen marineford filled with soldiers, admirals and shichibukai while basically the whole world is watching and anticipating for Whitebeard. Yet the completely unannounced appearance here still managed to send shivers though me just as the long awaited arrival of the world's strongest man did.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.