Art Favorite Manga Pages

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
@xCube: Epic Nihei is epic. There's almost to many great pages to post, it's hard to decide on a favorite.




A sweet, moment from Kuragehime. The blond is a guy, in case anyone was wondering :p
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
:oh Are you serious? That's a dude? :facepalm
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Indeed. Great series too; funny, well written, full of memorable characters. Kuranosuke, the transgender, is one of the best characters in manga.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro:
Although Matsui Yuusei's art is average as a whole, he does manage to draw grotesque and abstract images that's pretty impressive. They can be gross to look at, but it adds a nice other worldly touch.

Shiki
Scans don't do it justice! I find every page beautiful because of the the high contrast and harsh lighting. This particular double spread stood out because it's just plain creepy. *shudders*

Sorry for the large image!
 

Bromamura

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
273
Reaction score
142
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
@Kaiten: That's very true, the guy produced so much goodies, I wish I had more time on my hand.





The above I've probably posted before, but the links died :darn so I deleted the old posts.
 
Last edited:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
From What a Wonderful World by Asano Inio


This image sent chills down my spine in a good way, and in context painted a beautiful picture of hope in the midst of despair possibly worse than death (the girl was as good as being a dead soul residing in a living body).
 
Last edited:

Bromamura

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
273
Reaction score
142
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Not quite manga but close enough.
This page was the reason I picked up this Manhwa, saw the image somewhere and decided that the art and creature design alone warranted me checking it out.

Just deserts is all I got to say.
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

That scene moved me to tears, it's like, for this moment, only the two of them existed :pleased
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
@Milly and naruto-niichan: It's Valentine's Day so what a good timing to post those manga pages!

Sket Dance Ch. 105: This is actually a colour page, and...? :derp Jokes aside Shinoraha Kenta was a genius to add the colour page within the chapter itself; usually CPs would be separate from the story content and would appear first. The colour gradually started to appear when Captain made up with her friend, and the whole scene was really touching.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Sket Dance color pages are always brilliant. There's so much more texture and shading than most mangaka use. His color looks like it was done with paint, rather than marker.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Sket Dance color pages are always brilliant. There's so much more texture and shading than most mangaka use. His color looks like it was done with paint, rather than marker.
It's beautiful isn't it? :hearts What I like the most about it was the fact that he decided to incorporate it within the chapter itself. I wish more mangaka could be like him and think outside the box to make a page stand out.

I think the tools he used to colour is waterpaint. Takahashi Rumiko's colouring is waterpaint and this colour page is similar to how she does it.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Sket Dance has got to have some of the best colour pages, and also covers, among Jump series (or shounen series in general). I'd actually post the one colour picture of the Sket Dan performing as a band, but thats actually a volume cover.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
These are some of my favorite manga pages from Yu Yu Hakusho because of the whole friendship thing and then what happens at the end- so hilarious. :XD Yu Yu Hakusho is so awesome, screw HxH.

Warning, a lot of pictures.























 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Sket Dance has got to have some of the best colour pages, and also covers, among Jump series (or shounen series in general). I'd actually post the one colour picture of the Sket Dan performing as a band, but thats actually a volume cover.
I know which volume cover you're talking about! I'm always impressed by the colour pages so I hope Shinohara Kenta will experiment with his inking as well. It'll be nice to see a little pizzazz within the manga pages. This is simply my desire so he can do whatever he wants. :3

These are some of my favorite manga pages from Yu Yu Hakusho because of the whole friendship thing and then what happens at the end- so hilarious. :XD Yu Yu Hakusho is so awesome, screw HxH.
Perhaps what I love the most about those pages is Yusuke's facial expression. He's cool, calm (different from his exuberant personality) and determined. It was funny how he quickly reverts back; I guess that was the hidden side in him.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
He also had that sad look in his face. It was so awesome looking at his face after he saw Kuwa was alive. xD Funny thing is, this is not the first time Kuwa played such a trick on Yusuke, but he never said anyone died... I think.
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I've been re-reading Vinland Saga partially since it's been a while that I originally read it through, and it has a huge amount of awesome pages/panels :D

No, he doesn't have the power to summon swords... he's throwing it away. And yes, it was his only weapon.

I always liked Bjorn in those scenes, what a monster he can be :D

One of the most epic moments, and pretty bloody...

Interesting reunion :D


And one for laughing: Extra Story - Ylfa at Work


This panel, I think it's Ch. 54, too, was always one of my favorites. It's a lot about showing strength and perhaps a warrior's pride, whatever, it made Thorkell to one of the coolest characters ever to me - even more than before.
 
Last edited:

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
A page from a manga that I currently fell in love with, a manga that shows true emotion in so many ways, it is just plain beautiful, from REAL, this is very inspirational. :)

 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
There's a whole ton of stuff I could post from Hunter x Hunter but pretty much nothing can beat this





 
Last edited:
Top