FeelsBadMan Zone

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Uh, better ask niichan that, he's the Lore Lord. But I believe Blackhand was the original Warchief (during Draenor and after until he died or some shit). Actually wiki says: Blackhand the Destroyer was the Warchief of the Horde during the First War between Stormwind and the Horde, but I'm pretty sure he was Warchief a while before that too as Gul'Dan heavily manipulated him, effectively being the "hidden Warchief". In any case he's just an underling now I think, in the alternate WoD, where Garrosh (son of Grommash) has made Grommash unite the clans, rather than Blackhand being the main guy.

So your anwer is: Before Azeroth/Early Azeroth from Horde/Orc perspective, but not something we experience in WoW.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Uh, better ask niichan that, he's the Lore Lord. But I believe Blackhand was the original Warchief (during Draenor and after until he died or some shit). Actually wiki says: Blackhand the Destroyer was the Warchief of the Horde during the First War between Stormwind and the Horde, but I'm pretty sure he was Warchief a while before that too as Gul'Dan heavily manipulated him, effectively being the "hidden Warchief". In any case he's just an underling now I think, in the alternate WoD, where Garrosh (son of Grommash) has made Grommash unite the clans, rather than Blackhand being the main guy.

So your anwer is: Before Azeroth/Early Azeroth from Horde/Orc perspective, but not something we experience in WoW.
The story seemed good so I was hoping it'd be before WoW timeline. Nicce to know.
I actually found this regarding the characters in the upcoming movie http://toybox.io9.com/a-whos-who-of-the-heroes-of-the-warcraft-movie-1656436541

but I couldn't figure out the precise time, only that it's before Thrall got it.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

The story seemed good so I was hoping it'd be before WoW timeline. Nicce to know.
I actually found this regarding the characters in the upcoming movie http://toybox.io9.com/a-whos-who-of-the-heroes-of-the-warcraft-movie-1656436541

but I couldn't figure out the precise time, only that it's before Thrall got it.
It probably would be "before WoW timeline", considering it's probably about Draenor. It's just considered "alternate" because the Orcs didn't get corrupted like they did before.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

It probably would be "before WoW timeline", considering it's probably about Draenor. It's just considered "alternate" because the Orcs didn't get corrupted like they did before.
So the new WoW expansion is about an alternative timeline`? How do you even do that... go through a portal?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

So the new WoW expansion is about an alternative timeline`? How do you even do that... go through a portal?
Exactly. Story in a nutshell, a random bronze dragon (who can travel through time) freed Garrosh (son of Gromm) and lead him to the past, where he told his then still alive father that they can't drink Mannoroth's blood because that will lead them to become corrupted slaves of the Burning Legion. Afterwards they connected the Dark Portal to the current timeline and want to invade Azeroth. Instead the forces of Azeroth went inside the portal and destroyed it from the other side, so now it's a battle on the old, not ruined, Dreanor. This could help I guess, intro for WoD:

 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

So the new WoW expansion is about an alternative timeline`? How do you even do that... go through a portal?
Yeah basically, but the portal opening is due to Gromm's son escaping his imprisonment and preventing the corruption from ever happening. The whole concept is pretty flimsy (like almost anything else involving time travel). Blizzard basically said "this shit is cool, so we're making it and fuck you if you don't like it".

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

fuck...this niichan :residentsleeper
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Yeah basically, but the portal opening is due to Gromm's son escaping his imprisonment and preventing the corruption from ever happening. The whole concept is pretty flimsy (like almost anything else involving time travel). Blizzard basically said "this shit is cool, so we're making it and fuck you if you don't like it".

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

fuck...this niichan :residentsleeper
You're WoW and Wacraft noob, don't try to explain things to ibra :residentsleeper
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Exactly. Story in a nutshell, a random bronze dragon (who can travel through time) freed Garrosh (son of Gromm) and lead him to the past, where he told his then still alive father that they can't drink Mannoroth's blood because that will lead them to become corrupted slaves of the Burning Legion. Afterwards they connected the Dark Portal to the current timeline and want to invade Azeroth. Instead the forces of Azeroth went inside the portal and destroyed it from the other side, so now it's a battle on the old, not ruined, Dreanor. This could help I guess, intro for WoD:

Woah, nice cinematics. Dang, son. The story seems awesome but a cheap way to explore the old Draenor world. I feel like it's a slippery slope since if this is possible then Blizzard can do whatever they want...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Woah, nice cinematics. Dang, son. The story seems awesome but a cheap way to explore the old Draenor world. I feel like it's a slippery slope since if this is possible then Blizzard can do whatever they want...
Yeah, that's exactly how me and Nuno feel about this. From some vid he showed me it seems people are already speculating about a possible expansion "Past Azeroth" or something, where you fight in the events from back then. I still think they will handle this very carefully, but considering that WoD definitely used a very cheap trick to make an awesome story they could always do it again, yep. Would become a bit too repititive though, so I don't think something like this will happen again.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

And plz ibra, Blizz is the master of cinematics! :arf
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

You're WoW and Wacraft noob, don't try to explain things to ibra :residentsleeper
Oh so correct info is bad unless it's coming from the right person! :4head

And I'm not a Warcraft noob...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

No, I'm just saying I know better than you :kappa

By any chance, did you play Warcraft 1? :4head
So sorry that I replied to someone who quoted me....:residentsleeper

Yeah I did. I told you I did. I was playing Blizzard games when you were still shitting your diapers! :4head
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

So sorry that I replied to someone who quoted me....:residentsleeper

Yeah I did. I told you I did. I was playing Blizzard games when you were still shitting your diapers! :4head
Well you were the one who complained first :residentsleeper

So you played Blizz games at the age of 5? Amazing! :4head
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Yeah, that's exactly how me and Nuno feel about this. From some vid he showed me it seems people are already speculating about a possible expansion "Past Azeroth" or something, where you fight in the events from back then. I still think they will handle this very carefully, but considering that WoD definitely used a very cheap trick to make an awesome story they could always do it again, yep. Would become a bit too repititive though, so I don't think something like this will happen again.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

And plz ibra, Blizz is the master of cinematics! :arf
You speaking for me, I love it dude :4head

But it's not exactly just "fight in the past". That's related to a concept Blizzard intended for an expansion since the very beginning involving the Emerald Dream, which is very real and integrated into the story since forever. In the dream Azeroth isn't affected by the Burning Legion and thus isn't split due to the Well of Eternity's event. I remember seeing footage of the Emerald Dream zones from Noggaholic (hacker/content dude, legendary player from vanilla times). He explored zones back in Vanilla that we didn't see until much later. Some of the things he did I could copy, like going into Hyjal. It was changed a lot with fire and lava zones later, but the main thing actually looked very similar (but worse). I also glitched myself into Ahn'Qiraj way before its release, and saw content that was actually later scrapped. I remember a really cool area clearly intended as a "boss arena", which was never used in neither AQ20 or 40. Shame really since it looked really cool. Any way I digress, the point was that Emerald Dream wouldn't be a cheap device at all, and would be heavily tied into the Old God/Titan storyline.

It seems like they may have ditched it though as the videos explained about Blizz being afraid the zones would feel/look boring, which is bullshit, why would the Emerald Dream need to be green everywhere... You can have an overall emerald theme without tunneling on all green zones... plus if the Emerald Dream would be an Emerald Nightmare from N'Zoth's corruption and his Nightmare Lord, then that itself could explain the zones being twisted and not being green at all... Seems like bullshit to me since I doubt Blizzard wouldn't think of this. In addition Malfurion Stormrage was supposed to be trapped in the Emerald Dream by the previous Nightmare Lord, but was "magically released", so that in itself seems like Blizzard (cheaply and cowardly) just thought "hey we're ditching it, so might as well get Malfurion out of it and just stealth-dodge the entire thing." Ysera was in the dream too, fixing it, and she was also just "suddenly out without any problem" during Cata (same time as Malfurion), lol.

I think next exp will be Burning Legion attack or Naga/Azshara/Old Gods related honestly. I prefer Azshara since she HAS to be used... A legendary villain that is just "sleeping for over 10 000 years", cmon... We need the tomb of Sargeras and all that shit. but this too Blizz kind of "stealth dodged" with just raiding a few islands during Cataclysm, keeping the rest "avoided" for no logical reason.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Has anyone read the books?

There is a time travel storyline, where they go to the events of The Sundering...Azshara is there, Malfurion, Illidan, the great dragons too...the transformation of Deathwing...lots of juicy story elements...

War of the Ancients trilogy
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Sounds like the Well of Eternity
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Sounds like the Well of Eternity
It is xD

I haven't read any of the books, but I know the story enough to know the important details.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Btw, something I wanted to show you but forgot:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2015-01-05/diana-garnet/.82896

An interview with Diana Garnet, who made the song for the new Naruto Shippuuden ED. What's interesting here is that she comes from the US and later went to Japan to realize her dream there. Pretty interesting interview I daresay.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

You speaking for me, I love it dude :4head

But it's not exactly just "fight in the past". That's related to a concept Blizzard intended for an expansion since the very beginning involving the Emerald Dream, which is very real and integrated into the story since forever. In the dream Azeroth isn't affected by the Burning Legion and thus isn't split due to the Well of Eternity's event. I remember seeing footage of the Emerald Dream zones from Noggaholic (hacker/content dude, legendary player from vanilla times). He explored zones back in Vanilla that we didn't see until much later. Some of the things he did I could copy, like going into Hyjal. It was changed a lot with fire and lava zones later, but the main thing actually looked very similar (but worse). I also glitched myself into Ahn'Qiraj way before its release, and saw content that was actually later scrapped. I remember a really cool area clearly intended as a "boss arena", which was never used in neither AQ20 or 40. Shame really since it looked really cool. Any way I digress, the point was that Emerald Dream wouldn't be a cheap device at all, and would be heavily tied into the Old God/Titan storyline.

It seems like they may have ditched it though as the videos explained about Blizz being afraid the zones would feel/look boring, which is bullshit, why would the Emerald Dream need to be green everywhere... You can have an overall emerald theme without tunneling on all green zones... plus if the Emerald Dream would be an Emerald Nightmare from N'Zoth's corruption and his Nightmare Lord, then that itself could explain the zones being twisted and not being green at all... Seems like bullshit to me since I doubt Blizzard wouldn't think of this. In addition Malfurion Stormrage was supposed to be trapped in the Emerald Dream by the previous Nightmare Lord, but was "magically released", so that in itself seems like Blizzard (cheaply and cowardly) just thought "hey we're ditching it, so might as well get Malfurion out of it and just stealth-dodge the entire thing." Ysera was in the dream too, fixing it, and she was also just "suddenly out without any problem" during Cata (same time as Malfurion), lol.

I think next exp will be Burning Legion attack or Naga/Azshara/Old Gods related honestly. I prefer Azshara since she HAS to be used... A legendary villain that is just "sleeping for over 10 000 years", cmon... We need the tomb of Sargeras and all that shit. but this too Blizz kind of "stealth dodged" with just raiding a few islands during Cataclysm, keeping the rest "avoided" for no logical reason.
Well we spoke about WoD and both agreed that it's a great story implemented with a pretty cheap trick, so I thought I could include you here :huh

I wasn't speaking about the Emerald Dream lulz, with old I meant just like with Dreanor around 40 years ago if the current event, with all the Great Nations like Gilneas etc fighting out a war etc. The guy in the vid you posted was talking about it.
Tbh I'm not too enthusiastic about a possible Emerald Dream expansion though. I guess it could be fun in some way, but there are more interesting concepts in my eyes.

And I would prefer it if Burning Legion would just be one thing, not divided into attack and an invasion of Argus like the guy in the vid said, where you seem to get most ideas from :kappa I think the Burning Legion will always have it's part here and there, but once it becomes the main focus that should be the last expansion. I mean they could make Kil'jeaden (and Archimonde, if there is another weird "he didn't really die" explanation) the main boss in the attack and Sargeras for Argus, but then there would be like nothing left besides him (who we actually know from before) besides some guys mentioned here and there, so that would be disappointing to me. I would much rather prefer 3 epic raids in a row or so, where you fight Kil'jeaden then Archimonde and afterwards Sargeras.

And this "no logical reason" you mentioned is just money-milking, they will release it steadily over time because they have to keep some juicy/highly interesting parts for later, or there won't be much left.

It is xD

I haven't read any of the books, but I know the story enough to know the important details.
Hoho :4head
 
Top