FeelsBadMan Zone

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

I don't remember the specific names, but there were 3 dungeons in the "batch", which came out in addition to the last raid to take down Deathwing. It was a super cool way of gearing up IMO. You got epics there that were good enough for LFR to meet the ilvl, so it was a cool way of gearing up with some friends etc without doing LFR where it becomes a brainless boring grind. Plus the dungeons were really cool. No doubt people liked the dungeon with Illidan especially.

That's true. UBRS sucks time wise. You could do the Everbloom or whatever dungeon in 1/5 of the time, lol...

Probably not coming back for 6.2. I have no drive to really play now honestly, even if the raid sounds cool. Would be cool to coordinate next xpac gaming more though. This time it really sucked where I played, then niichan got convinced and came back but we couldn't really work out a coop then since I was too burned out to lvl at his pace from scratch. It kind of surprised me that I even managed to lvl that hunter, but somewhere along the line it suddenly became a little fun. Until max lvl that is where I quickly went afk. Then you came along too but by that time I had no motivation to really play at max lvl at all... At the moment I kind of need a new expansion to get a completely "new experience" to gain motivation I think (+time). Don't forget I played quite a bit of vanilla WoW too xD
Ah yeah! End Time was one, then Well of Eternity, and then Hour of Twilight. Yeah, I remember doing those now. From leveling up, pretty much the end of Wrath on, I only got a sample size of the instances since you just level so damn quickly...and this was without Heirlooms since it was my first toon. Well, it's a super longshot, but maybe we'll get a 6.3 and some Farahlon dungeons to go with a Shattrath raid or something. Unless they go full Cho'gall in Hellfire Citadel and you have to kill Guldan during the Archimonde fight. That loose end with Guldan is kind of a mindfuck if you think of 6.2 being the final patch...I don't want to believe they'll kill him during the ring quest...wtf

I guess being done is understandable, even 6.2 looks a bit lackluster considering how sparse everything is. Too much afk "content". And it shouldn't be a problem next xpac, I have a max level Alliance and Horde character, slowly shifting to Horde aside from my Monk. Doesn't really make sense to keep making Alliance alts since TN is a Horde server.

You still derp around on Nostalrius? I haven't really revisited it, but I might pay more attention to it when I'm done with my sub.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

I didn't care all that much about Sasuke towards the end, though I still liked him when he wasn't doing nonsense things. But even so I find it boring that he's left out during important parts of the story. But obviously they couldn't involve him too much as Naruto + Sasuke teaming up would destroy anything in seconds... I've spoiled myself way too much really, kinda sucks but I only have myself to blame.

Well you can't doubt how good he is at fighting xD I would love for Boruto to have a more "slick" style than Naruto's overly brash style. Sasuke is so much more smooth to spectate. Maybe Boruto will be somewhere in the middle of the two.
But didn't he basically do nonsense things ever since the Itachi reveal? I dunno, since then he acted nonsensical to me, though I did have a good laugh about him wanting to become Hokage at least :amuse I mean I was quite the hard broshipper (Naruto and Sasuke) but after the Itachi reveal I became more and more annoyed with his emo bitch nonsensical behaviour. So if anything, I would want to see him for smooth fights like you mentioned, though even that became just pew pew pew with all his new powers, so not really all that different to Naruto. I would be interested to see how Sasuke is actually behaving now, maybe that will make me like him as a character again.

Hence why I don't like to spoil myself heavily btw, a little bit as a teaser is nice and all but if you already know most of it that takes quite a bit of the fun and suspense away for me.

---------- Post added April 18, 2015 at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was April 17, 2015 at 08:47 PM ----------

dat moment when you look at the Top 10 Anime List on MAL and 5 of them are from Gintama :lmao

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

I mean sure Gintama is great but the people on MAL hype it to death, it's ridiculous xD
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Gintama anime is extraordinary though.. it's pretty rare to see an anime adaptation that can exceeds the manga quality.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

There's nothing really amazing about the anime though (in regard to how it's handled). It takes the good content of the manga and works better mostly because it's not HEAVY TEXT SPEECH BUBLES IN YOUR FACE. Obviously it's a good adaption but there's nothing that puts it miles above the huge majority of other anime out there. I mean come on it's ridiculous how, after two episodes, the new anime is rated as high as Steins;Gate and above many other amazing works. In that sense it's simply riding on the hype train, people going all WAOW NEW GINTAMA SEASON GONNA RATE THIS 20/10 BECAUSE NEW GINTAMA SEASON!
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Ah yeah! End Time was one, then Well of Eternity, and then Hour of Twilight. Yeah, I remember doing those now. From leveling up, pretty much the end of Wrath on, I only got a sample size of the instances since you just level so damn quickly...and this was without Heirlooms since it was my first toon. Well, it's a super longshot, but maybe we'll get a 6.3 and some Farahlon dungeons to go with a Shattrath raid or something. Unless they go full Cho'gall in Hellfire Citadel and you have to kill Guldan during the Archimonde fight. That loose end with Guldan is kind of a mindfuck if you think of 6.2 being the final patch...I don't want to believe they'll kill him during the ring quest...wtf

I guess being done is understandable, even 6.2 looks a bit lackluster considering how sparse everything is. Too much afk "content". And it shouldn't be a problem next xpac, I have a max level Alliance and Horde character, slowly shifting to Horde aside from my Monk. Doesn't really make sense to keep making Alliance alts since TN is a Horde server.

You still derp around on Nostalrius? I haven't really revisited it, but I might pay more attention to it when I'm done with my sub.
Even with such dungeons I'm kind of done with it for now I'm afraid.

I'll likely play Horde if I ever return. I've pretty much learned now that the only character I will bother maining is my rogue, who is UD. The next class I'll level is likely a paladin or warlock at that point.

No, I quit it weeks ago. I got to level 45 I think, and 19 on my rogue. Takes so long. We would basically level one level every day (would take around 4+ hours for one level). I went away on that short trip and when I came back I suddenly had no drive to really log on even.

But didn't he basically do nonsense things ever since the Itachi reveal? I dunno, since then he acted nonsensical to me, though I did have a good laugh about him wanting to become Hokage at least :amuse I mean I was quite the hard broshipper (Naruto and Sasuke) but after the Itachi reveal I became more and more annoyed with his emo bitch nonsensical behaviour. So if anything, I would want to see him for smooth fights like you mentioned, though even that became just pew pew pew with all his new powers, so not really all that different to Naruto. I would be interested to see how Sasuke is actually behaving now, maybe that will make me like him as a character again.

Hence why I don't like to spoil myself heavily btw, a little bit as a teaser is nice and all but if you already know most of it that takes quite a bit of the fun and suspense away for me.

---------- Post added April 18, 2015 at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was April 17, 2015 at 08:47 PM ----------

dat moment when you look at the Top 10 Anime List on MAL and 5 of them are from Gintama :lmao

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

I mean sure Gintama is great but the people on MAL hype it to death, it's ridiculous xD
Man, this Gintama debate again? Can't you just get over it, jeez.

Itachi was a huge retcon to begin with. Sasuke's character was honestly ruined by it. Before that while his quest was up for disagreement in terms of his methods, it was understandable that he had suffered too much damage to think in any other way than in thirst for vengeance. After that it was too much stupidity due to the retcon. I honestly think it's an obvious retcon. It's insane how Itachi is glorified as the best character in the series when he killed his entire clan... I mean come on, the fact he killed even elders and children speaks to the stupidity here. Why the fuck would he need to kill babies, and small children. I won't believe Sasuke was the ONLY kid in the clan at that point. We even saw elders in Sasuke's flashback who likely had very low battle power. I digress, but Sasuke was destroyed due to Itachi's turning point. Still I think it somewhat worked that he was too mindfucked and taken too much psychological damage after the twist, that he went a little crazy, but it should've been a phase instead I feel. It made no sense that he would remain crazy even after meeting Itachi again. Itachi should've changed him there, but of course Kishi can't make someone not named Naruto fix something, so the story ONCE AGAIN suffered. But you are right, that his battles were really boring after unlocking MS. But still when he had become a changed man after the end of the manga, I would love to see more of him, what he's like etc. Since in 699 you get his monologue and it's obviously talked "from the future" as he speaks of things he learned on his journey. He obviously seems much wiser and calm, and normal. So I'm very interested now.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Even with such dungeons I'm kind of done with it for now I'm afraid.

I'll likely play Horde if I ever return. I've pretty much learned now that the only character I will bother maining is my rogue, who is UD. The next class I'll level is likely a paladin or warlock at that point.

No, I quit it weeks ago. I got to level 45 I think, and 19 on my rogue. Takes so long. We would basically level one level every day (would take around 4+ hours for one level). I went away on that short trip and when I came back I suddenly had no drive to really log on even.
Yeah, I say I'll be back to see all of the content just because I want to experience the full thing...but who knows.

Still don't get you and your Undead fetish. How did that start really? I mean the lore is cool, but the looks are pretty unappealing to me. It'd be way better if the model didn't fuck up the armor. I was considering Undead for my Rogue, but went with another Belf.

What???? No Vanilla Endgame Fantasy?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Well there's always next xpac.

Undeads have the coolest movement, that's pretty much it. Everything looked like shit, visually, in Vanilla. Undeads still have the coolest movement. The way they move around as rogues, stab with daggers, as well as cast spells is so cool. The classes I'd never play UD as is classes that use 2h and 1h + shield, so essentially warrior. Hunter looks like shit probably too, IDK.

Nah, I don't have the drive to really make the grind, or the time either. Being a softcore raider just sucks. Be in every raid or don't bother was what I used to say, and I still stick to it, lol. I think it would be fun to noob around in MC etc a few times, but grinding those raids again would be so fucking boring...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Well there's always next xpac.

Undeads have the coolest movement, that's pretty much it. Everything looked like shit, visually, in Vanilla. Undeads still have the coolest movement. The way they move around as rogues, stab with daggers, as well as cast spells is so cool. The classes I'd never play UD as is classes that use 2h and 1h + shield, so essentially warrior. Hunter looks like shit probably too, IDK.

Nah, I don't have the drive to really make the grind, or the time either. Being a softcore raider just sucks. Be in every raid or don't bother was what I used to say, and I still stick to it, lol. I think it would be fun to noob around in MC etc a few times, but grinding those raids again would be so fucking boring...
Yeah, I've read people saying that before, but they actually specified female UD for some reason. Undead Hunters make no sense...it's almost as bad as Tauren Paladins. :XD

I'm actually kind of curious as to how many series raid guilds are on that server. It's 40-man after all. Seems like a huge headache.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Man, this Gintama debate again? Can't you just get over it, jeez.

Itachi was a huge retcon to begin with. Sasuke's character was honestly ruined by it. Before that while his quest was up for disagreement in terms of his methods, it was understandable that he had suffered too much damage to think in any other way than in thirst for vengeance. After that it was too much stupidity due to the retcon. I honestly think it's an obvious retcon. It's insane how Itachi is glorified as the best character in the series when he killed his entire clan... I mean come on, the fact he killed even elders and children speaks to the stupidity here. Why the fuck would he need to kill babies, and small children. I won't believe Sasuke was the ONLY kid in the clan at that point. We even saw elders in Sasuke's flashback who likely had very low battle power. I digress, but Sasuke was destroyed due to Itachi's turning point. Still I think it somewhat worked that he was too mindfucked and taken too much psychological damage after the twist, that he went a little crazy, but it should've been a phase instead I feel. It made no sense that he would remain crazy even after meeting Itachi again. Itachi should've changed him there, but of course Kishi can't make someone not named Naruto fix something, so the story ONCE AGAIN suffered. But you are right, that his battles were really boring after unlocking MS. But still when he had become a changed man after the end of the manga, I would love to see more of him, what he's like etc. Since in 699 you get his monologue and it's obviously talked "from the future" as he speaks of things he learned on his journey. He obviously seems much wiser and calm, and normal. So I'm very interested now.
but I felt like laughing about it again and Doku-san turned it into a serious argument!

well pretty much my whole point yeah, already said that I'm interested in the current him too. Retcon it was most likely, authors hardly plan THAT far head. Never really understood the whole Itachi hype either. His whole behaviour screamed annoying to me, even if it would've been only a phase or something. Sasuke simply got trashed as a character for plot reasons, to the point where I really don't care much about him anymore, but we will see.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

There's nothing really amazing about the anime though (in regard to how it's handled). It takes the good content of the manga and works better mostly because it's not HEAVY TEXT SPEECH BUBLES IN YOUR FACE. Obviously it's a good adaption but there's nothing that puts it miles above the huge majority of other anime out there. I mean come on it's ridiculous how, after two episodes, the new anime is rated as high as Steins;Gate and above many other amazing works. In that sense it's simply riding on the hype train, people going all WAOW NEW GINTAMA SEASON GONNA RATE THIS 20/10 BECAUSE NEW GINTAMA SEASON![

Yeah, but I think the problem lies on the fact how people on the internet give rating for something, rather than Gintama as an anime per se. That's why, esp. in the early release days of books/anime/movie etc. people tend to go with the extremes i.e., giving a rating of either absolute 10 or 1, which is somewhat dubious for me personally. Just wait for a month or two, and the more objective scores would appear.

I don't like score-based system in assessing the quality of something to be frank, especially if there is no clear guidelines.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Yeah, but I think the problem lies on the fact how people on the internet give rating for something, rather than Gintama as an anime per se. That's why, esp. in the early release days of books/anime/movie etc. people tend to go with the extremes i.e., giving a rating of either absolute 10 or 1, which is somewhat dubious for me personally. Just wait for a month or two, and the more objective scores would appear.

I don't like score-based system in assessing the quality of something to be frank, especially if there is no clear guidelines.
Well with Gintama not really, none of the Gintama seasons are below 9.00, a ridiculously high number if you compare it to how most other shows get rated. It's really mostly an MAL phenomenon if I look at other sides. I agree with you though, giving a score after an episode or two feels pretty dumb in general, but I guess sometimes the hype is just too immense xD

Ofc it's all highly subjective, none of us are critics or something and everyone has different values in how to rate a show or book etc. Sometimes I find myself shocked how opinions can differ so much on even the most simple things, though that's prolly more related to comments where I feel like the guy/girl didn't even start using his/her brain xD

---------- Post added April 25, 2015 at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was April 18, 2015 at 05:53 PM ----------

Nuno what are your thoughts regarding the new Gintama chap? I mean it was good like usual but I'm not entirely sure what to make of it. If I understood it correctly then

Isaburou only pretended to help the Naraku in the past but actually was in cahoots with Matsudaira. The crow told Oboro about his betrayal and he ordered Nobume to kill his wife. What I'm not sure about is the name... was Nobume the name Isaburou thought of regarding his kid and Nobume used this name afterwards as some kind of atonement?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

I haven't read Gintama in a few weeks xD Let me try and catch up later today.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

You really prefer reading stuff in batches huh? :XD Yeah sure, tell me once you've catched up because I'm not entirely sure how to interpret some things this chap by mself, so awesome Nuno-sama's opinion is needed 8)

which reminds me, did you actually finish Death Parade?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Well yeah, but in this case it just kind of slipped my mind. I check out MS for Bleach and OP, and then I kind of forget to go anywhere else xD

Not yet. Haven't found the time at night lately xD Will definitely do it soon though since it's a great series.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Well yeah, but in this case it just kind of slipped my mind. I check out MS for Bleach and OP, and then I kind of forget to go anywhere else xD

Not yet. Haven't found the time at night lately xD Will definitely do it soon though since it's a great series.
That's why using something like mangaupdates is pretty useful, just one click each day tells you if there was a new release. Guess you don't really need it with that low amount that XD

man as always you make it so easy for me to bitch about your pace!
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Yeah I only really read Bleach and FT... OP I only skim through sometimes, especially now that the arc is climaxing. OP sucks until the climaxes to me. Every OP arc to me almost always follow this recipe: Journey to the arc/beginning = amazing > shit fest "filler" until the real deal happens in the arc > climax = amazing again. OP is only worth reading at the start and end of the arcs to me. I don't feel like I even miss out on anything, which says a lot. As for Toriko I kind of dropped it a while ago since I cba to read the chapters. It was just not exciting to me. Gourmet Arc as a whole has been lackluster to me. So in general I only really read FT and Bleach.

Well I don't really care about your bitching anymore to be frank, so you can bitch all you want :XD
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Yeah I only really read Bleach and FT... OP I only skim through sometimes, especially now that the arc is climaxing. OP sucks until the climaxes to me. Every OP arc to me almost always follow this recipe: Journey to the arc/beginning = amazing > shit fest "filler" until the real deal happens in the arc > climax = amazing again. OP is only worth reading at the start and end of the arcs to me. I don't feel like I even miss out on anything, which says a lot. As for Toriko I kind of dropped it a while ago since I cba to read the chapters. It was just not exciting to me. Gourmet Arc as a whole has been lackluster to me. So in general I only really read FT and Bleach.

Well I don't really care about your bitching anymore to be frank, so you can bitch all you want :XD
Yeah that's true most of the time. The middle part can be quite good and entertaining, there were some really good parts during this arc for example, but overall it just dragged way too much and was rather boring, so you certainly didn't miss that much xD Only FT and Bleach huh? Wow, you know where the quality lies hidden!

What a harsh response even though I was only joking :gwah

---------- Post added April 30, 2015 at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was April 26, 2015 at 06:41 PM ----------

Nuno I'm getting angry here!

 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Hey, relax man!
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

No I got wifi at the hotel.

Quite a rarity in this day and age :^)
 
Top