FeelsBadMan Zone

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

No but on the cute side of hot. :luv
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Well thankfully this whole long-running bullshit is a pretty rare thing these days, nowadays the only studio I would trust with something like that is Madhouse because HUNTER X HUNTER :wtf
You can't compare long running shows like OP and Naruto to HxH honestly. What Madhouse did was highly ambitious, but was also a controlled project due to the length of the story. Sure it's super high quality for such a long anime and without significant filler, which it in all honesty had every opportunity to add, but if in a hypothetical world where HxH would still be weekly ongoing and Madhouse would end up adapting the monster manga of 800+ chapters, or let's say it ended at 700 too like Naruto, the quality would dip significantly with such a long anime. But yeah what Madhouse does is really cool and refreshing, since they could milk HxH for all it's worth, but just adapted high quality all the way without any break.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Are you following True Detective this season?
No, I watched the first episode, and it was alright to me. Seemed less interesting than the previous season by the START (yeah I know, too early to judge), but even the first season was kind of hard to follow for me due to how slow it was. I can tell it's an extremely high quality show, but I sort of have a hard time watching "cop shows" in general.

I saw your tweet, so I assume you are here to hype it up? That good huh?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

No, I watched the first episode, and it was alright to me. Seemed less interesting than the previous season by the START (yeah I know, too early to judge), but even the first season was kind of hard to follow for me due to how slow it was. I can tell it's an extremely high quality show, but I sort of have a hard time watching "cop shows" in general.

I saw your tweet, so I assume you are here to hype it up? That good huh?
Yeah, seems people were pretty dubious about it from the beginning. I guess viewers aren't used to anthologies or something? Idk. It isn't a southern gothic story, so some people were expecting more of the same, I guess? There were definitely some pacing problems but it's only 8 episodes and it's really picked up in the last few. Last night's episode was fantastic. 90 minute finale next weekend :kreygasm. This seems like it would be a great thing to binge-watch though, definitely recommended if you liked the first season.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

You can't compare long running shows like OP and Naruto to HxH honestly. What Madhouse did was highly ambitious, but was also a controlled project due to the length of the story. Sure it's super high quality for such a long anime and without significant filler, which it in all honesty had every opportunity to add, but if in a hypothetical world where HxH would still be weekly ongoing and Madhouse would end up adapting the monster manga of 800+ chapters, or let's say it ended at 700 too like Naruto, the quality would dip significantly with such a long anime. But yeah what Madhouse does is really cool and refreshing, since they could milk HxH for all it's worth, but just adapted high quality all the way without any break.
Well I don't think much would've changed with another 100 or 200 chapters, but that's basically just speculation. Sure they had it easier, but 350 chapters still is really really long and let's be honest, those Hunter x Hunter chapters are usually more "rich" (in terms of context to adapt) than your average Naruto or One Piece chapter, not even to mention Bleach. Madhouse certainly had it easier, but I'm pretty sure most other studio's would've failed hard with this. Let's be honest, if Pierrot (Naruto) or Toei (One Piece) had got their hands on the remake god knows how that would've turned out, probably far from as great as what it was thanks to Madhouse. The quality constantly was great, better than in some 12 or 24 episodes long shows, and besides two recap episodes it had basically no filler. I say you could've hardly adapted this better than what Madhouse did, so yeah.

In general I think long running shows are just bad nowadays, really. Divide it a bit like Durarara, make it three 3 cour if you want (like with Yowamushi) but running the whole year multiple times in a row just hardly works nowadays if the manga isn't way way ahead and if you're not willing to put a lot of money into this, like Madhouse did. Long-running shows are almost dead, and that's a good thing me thinks.

---------- Post added August 05, 2015 at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was August 04, 2015 at 11:05 AM ----------

Only 5,6 million people remaining who're playing WoW... xD In a matter of half a year they lost 5 million users, no surprise that they're pushing for the next expansion now.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

That's with the Token too. I'd love to see the number of people who are willing to pay actual money for their sub now...because I know I'm not.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Well I don't think the number would fall that much but I can hardly tell I guess... would be interesting to see how many of those users actually still pay money. Prolly enough that they still gain a lot of money out of this, but if the trend continues WoW might "die" sooner than one would think. My guess is 2-3 more add-ons.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Well I don't think the number would fall that much but I can hardly tell I guess... would be interesting to see how many of those users actually still pay money. Prolly enough that they still gain a lot of money out of this, but if the trend continues WoW might "die" sooner than one would think. My guess is 2-3 more add-ons.
I think this was just Q2 which probably ended in June I think, so it might not take into account how many people returned for 6.2. But none of the "content" there probably kept people around long honestly. So next quarter might receive a slight bump in numbers, or at least not as much of a sharp decline...but who really knows. But you can tell they're a bit panicked.

Next xpac announcement is today http://www.twitch.tv/blizzard

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

DEMON HUNTER HYPE :pogchamp
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Well I'm watching it for like 10 minutes now, seems like I started to look at it just at the right time XD Thanks for the link gary, a lot more interesting than I thought :D

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Emerald Dream, Broken Isles, Tomb of Sargeras... this sounds very nice so far :kreygasm

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Did they already show some cinematic? I guess they did

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Artifacts sound interesting too... well I guess you can count me in for the next expansion lol
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

I think if you're a lore-stickler...you're going to be mindfucked by this xpac :lmao

Yeah, the cinematic was really short though.

idk...all of this sounds interesting, but it feels like a ton of shit is being jammed into this xpac. Like, I never thought of the Broken Isles as being like this for some reason...

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Well, I'll stop spamming here, going to go to the thread :XD
 
Last edited:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

No cinematic cmon :disappoint
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

I just want to see Illidan in the cinematic. I don't care how they bring him back. Just do it. He was killed off too soon. Much too soon. I was not prepared! :kappa
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

I just want to see Illidan in the cinematic. I don't care how they bring him back. Just do it. He was killed off too soon. Much too soon. I was not prepared! :kappa
He's in it! That's what Guldan was looking at!

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

What the hell, I missed that trailer :XD

How come Illidan is in some crystal thingy, I assume in Azeroth? LOL
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Yeah weird, I don't know what to make of that either :XD

Supposedly Karazhan will also get a remake... Gary mentioned something abour rescuing Malfurion from the Emerald Dream but rofl I think he just misunderstood, the guy simply said we will see a lot of the Emerald Dream at one of the new zones.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

And stopping Guldan and that shit will be a prologue to "Legion" as I understood it, or at least you try lol.

SHALL WE RETURN TOGETHER NEXT EXPANSION NUNO???
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

What the hell, I missed that trailer :XD

How come Illidan is in some crystal thingy, I assume in Azeroth? LOL
People are assuming he's in the Vault of the Wardens or whatever it's called. It will also be a new dungeon and will be part of the Demon Hunter starting area along with The Black Temple and some Legion planet. They took his body and imprisoned his soul there or some shit. The Wardens keep a prison full of all of the world's evils locked away, and I guess Gul'dan got there via Archimonde's "pact"...or he got there somehow after that, maybe through the nether.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Yeah weird, I don't know what to make of that either :XD

Supposedly Karazhan will also get a remake... Gary mentioned something abour rescuing Malfurion from the Emerald Dream but rofl I think he just misunderstood, the guy simply said we will see a lot of the Emerald Dream at one of the new zones.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

And stopping Guldan and that shit will be a prologue to "Legion" as I understood it, or at least you try lol.

SHALL WE RETURN TOGETHER NEXT EXPANSION NUNO???
Uh, I don't think so? But I think I misheard about Neltharian as well. I guess it's just a dungeon as well, but idk....the guy who gave the lore presentation was fucking awful at it...maybe it was nerves or something. But I was confused by quite a few things.

Karazhan will? I know you see it in the feature trailer when Khadgar is talking, but I guess it makes sense to use it in some way.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Huh, maybe I did mishear. Maybe it got muddle with something Nobbel said on his stream or something. Probably related to Xavius, who is trying to release the Nightmare in the first raid.

I definitely knew that I misheard about the Neltharion thing. We just go to his home in one of the zones/dungeons.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Wtf, actually I was right. It was in the dungeon presentation - Darkheart Thicket. So I guess it'll be an instanced thing just because Malfurion would probably be in any kind of Emerald Dream story anyways.
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Well I think the guy was trying at least, didn't really find him awful or anything. It's not that easy anyway, if you need to hype the audience but still need to be careful with your words, only revealing or hinting at stuff according to plan.

According to a german gaming news site Karazhan will be used again, yeah xD Honestly people can complain about rehasing all they want, but what was revealed so far did get me interested.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Yeah weird, I don't know what to make of that either :XD

Supposedly Karazhan will also get a remake... Gary mentioned something abour rescuing Malfurion from the Emerald Dream but rofl I think he just misunderstood, the guy simply said we will see a lot of the Emerald Dream at one of the new zones.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

And stopping Guldan and that shit will be a prologue to "Legion" as I understood it, or at least you try lol.

SHALL WE RETURN TOGETHER NEXT EXPANSION NUNO???
The Malfurion thing is part of a DUNGEON.......................................................... So underwhelming.

And while I'm at it, if I understood it correctly, the Azshara is a DUNGEON too. Jesus fucking christ.... It's like Ner'Zhul all over again, only MUCH worse.

Sure, but I think this xpac will suffer from the same things the previous one did. Seem mega hyped, but end game will suck. Not to mention they are starting off with awful news like SIX dungeons being introduced. SIX(!!!!!!!!!!!!). Compare that to how many e.g. WOTLK got and it's SHAMEFUL. One of which is fucking VIOLETHOLD, I mean are you kidding me?! They reuse (even if it makes sense since Dalaran is reused) a dungeon that is literally a SINGLE ROOM?????? It's the most brainless reuse I've seen to date, unless it's completely new and just shares the name. Even Dalaran being used in itself sucks IMO. I mean god they couldn't have made the new base a giant airship or something if they don't have something that is actually THERE that makes sense? Fly over a city which you used before! Zero effort needed besides coding the city to new Y:X location and adding new NPCs! While we're at it, how great that Dalaran exists in two places at the same time, that makes sense too! Kage Bunsin no jutsu!!
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

The Malfurion thing is part of a DUNGEON.......................................................... So underwhelming.

And while I'm at it, if I understood it correctly, the Azshara is a DUNGEON too. Jesus fucking christ.... It's like Ner'Zhul all over again, only MUCH worse.

Sure, but I think this xpac will suffer from the same things the previous one did. Seem mega hyped, but end game will suck. Not to mention they are starting off with awful news like SIX dungeons being introduced. SIX(!!!!!!!!!!!!). Compare that to how many e.g. WOTLK got and it's SHAMEFUL. One of which is fucking VIOLETHOLD, I mean are you kidding me?! They reuse (even if it makes sense since Dalaran is reused) a dungeon that is literally a SINGLE ROOM?????? It's the most brainless reuse I've seen to date, unless it's completely new and just shares the name. Even Dalaran being used in itself sucks IMO. I mean god they couldn't have made the new base a giant airship or something if they don't have something that is actually THERE that makes sense? Fly over a city which you used before! Zero effort needed besides coding the city to new Y:X location and adding new NPCs! While we're at it, how great that Dalaran exists in two places at the same time, that makes sense too! Kage Bunsin no jutsu!!
Now is it? As I understood it you can enjoy parts of the Emerald Dream outside of Dungeons too, but maybe I misinterpreted that one.

Azshara as a dungeon boss? rofl. I doubt that will happen, considering they introduced some loyal leutanent of hers or something on the page. I seriously hope they will save Aszhara for a raid, anything else would be ridiculous.

oh, did they already give that much info? Please link to the dungeons dude :D If they're simply going to stuff new enemies into that one room I will laugh hard :lmao
I think they're simply going for the nostalgia factor with those reuses (though this dungeon is dumb no doubt), as simple as that. For some it will work, for others it won't, personally I don't really mind too much either way.
And sure it could just be massive hype only to fail again endgame but I had a damn lot of fun just leveling up and then enjoying my time until I got bored eventually, so that's what I expect from the next exp at least. Lore sounds really interesting, and I'm a sucker for that xD Which reminds me, if the plan is to summon Sargeras and they actually succeed, he has to be the endboss... which leaves the question what could actually be more powerful lol. Just before he's "only summoned and thus has just 10% of his original power" bullshit hahaha.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

And gary, tell me once there are news about the final phase or something starting, I might possibly join.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

There aren't 6 dungeons, there are 9, Nuno. There's the one slide listing 6 of the ones they didn't have screenshots/art for. But Watcher talked about three of them a little more in-depth prior to that. Still a really lame number, so hopefully they'll add more...or maybe learn from their mistakes and add more in later patches. But they are at least announcing more than the amount they had in WoD, and emphasized making them stay relevant in some way, which is good. Not sure about the Violet Hold, but hopefully it'll be a better version of it in some way...but hopefully more interesting than the new UBRS :lmao

They mentioned Naga being involved in the Azsuna zone, and there is a character called Tidemistress Athissa on the character page, but not Azshara herself. Doesn't mean we'll deal with her or even see her in the expansion honestly, just that her forces are there. I doubt she'll be given the Ner'zhul treatment, since it isn't like she's a main player of the expansion. The Warlords were heavily featured, which meant each of them had to be dealt with in some way, so they really couldn't do them all justice anyways IMO. Especially not when they cut so much of the content that was supposed to be in it from the beginning. The best example of this is Kargath not dying in HM originally, but that was changed. Probably due to cut content, etc.
 
Last edited:
Top