FeelsBadMan Zone

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Wow gary ignoring my plead for help and my answer to him... sad days
I didn't understand what you were asking...final phase? :XD

and idk about the Karazhan thing. It was featured in the announce trailer because Khadgar is the new Guardian somehow...but other than that, I haven't heard anything about it being reused. Maybe he misunderstood?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

I didn't understand what you were asking...final phase? :XD

and idk about the Karazhan thing. It was featured in the announce trailer because Khadgar is the new Guardian somehow...but other than that, I haven't heard anything about it being reused. Maybe he misunderstood?
I meant this guy mentioning that you have to stop Gul'Dan or something before the exp is released, like a prelude to the exp (what we had with Vanilla shortly before the release of BC or before Ahn'Qiraj opened). I expect they will announce the event once it comes up, so that's what I was asking for you to tell me xD

Not even sure why Khadgar is the new Guardian tbh... and this after Medivh's grand speech in the end of W3, this is one of the things that really bother me :residentsleeper
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

I meant this guy mentioning that you have to stop Gul'Dan or something before the exp is released, like a prelude to the exp (what we had with Vanilla shortly before the release of BC or before Ahn'Qiraj opened). I expect they will announce the event once it comes up, so that's what I was asking for you to tell me xD

Not even sure why Khadgar is the new Guardian tbh... and this after Medivh's grand speech in the end of W3, this is one of the things that really bother me :residentsleeper
Oh, the prepatch? I saw somewhere that they're adding more things to Tanaan maybe? Still won't save the zone...but the pre-expansion event is probably going to be on the Broken Shores, and will be the reason why we get artifacts, etc. Well, not even an alpha is out, so I don't really know, but I guess I'll see it somewhere and let you know. But I doubt there's a reason to sub again just for that. The pre-WoD event in the Blasted Lands only took an hour and a half or something to complete...lol.

The confusion over Khadgar is a huge reason why a lot of people thought he was an impostor. Supposedly there's a theory that Medivh didn't die, etc. I like him being around, but his existence is a bit odd to me. Apparently Jaina leaves pissed off because he's helping the Horde or something.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Nuno, in an interview the team currently working on the last Starcraft expansion confirmed that Warcraft 4 is a possibility for a new project, they're going to discuss it internally.

Damn Blizz, make it happen and take my money :XD
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Rofl, the dream. I'm kind of inclined to believe it can happen "soon" given the new expansion info. Sounds like they're packing a little of "everything" in it. It's kind of like they are rushing the story IMO. If WoW ends then there's nothing stopping them from doing WC4. But then again, what will the story be if the main story is already done?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Rofl, the dream. I'm kind of inclined to believe it can happen "soon" given the new expansion info. Sounds like they're packing a little of "everything" in it. It's kind of like they are rushing the story IMO. If WoW ends then there's nothing stopping them from doing WC4. But then again, what will the story be if the main story is already done?
Well I think they're noticing that the number of users is going down more and more rapidly and want to finish it on a somewhat high note. Like I said, I don't expect more than another 2 exp after Legion.

Some users on the site said they could retell the story more compressed, especially for those who never played WoW or just a little bit of it. Let's the be honest, the majority of people who joined back in Vanilla probably knows shit about the story from the last 3 exp or so.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

That's true, but I wonder how that would work. They'd have to make up new "campaign heroes" that somewhat take the place of the regular player. Who would it be tbh? I mean it could be the Prince of Stormwind or something like that.... One of the characters at least.

Also, have you been following the DB Super anime at all? I hadn't checked it out, but I saw a lot of videos discussing the controversy around ep 5 and checked the episode out to see what it was about. Holy shit I can't believe they turned DB into this piece of garb-o, roflmao. DBZ from 20 years ago looked better WTF.... How is that even possible.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

That's true, but I wonder how that would work. They'd have to make up new "campaign heroes" that somewhat take the place of the regular player. Who would it be tbh? I mean it could be the Prince of Stormwind or something like that.... One of the characters at least.

Also, have you been following the DB Super anime at all? I hadn't checked it out, but I saw a lot of videos discussing the controversy around ep 5 and checked the episode out to see what it was about. Holy shit I can't believe they turned DB into this piece of garb-o, roflmao. DBZ from 20 years ago looked better WTF.... How is that even possible.
Well it could be whatever hero, it never made sense that some random dudes killed a big boss or something, so they could just major NPCs who guide you be the heroes. That or they could always redo the first two games, which just look awful nowadays xD

Nope I haven't, they're milking a dead cow and I know that the studio behind it would create even more crap. Not even going to bother with that awful series.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Well I think they're noticing that the number of users is going down more and more rapidly and want to finish it on a somewhat high note. Like I said, I don't expect more than another 2 exp after Legion.

Some users on the site said they could retell the story more compressed, especially for those who never played WoW or just a little bit of it. Let's the be honest, the majority of people who joined back in Vanilla probably knows shit about the story from the last 3 exp or so.
Eh, I don't see it that way at all. This expansion was supposedly being worked on back in MoP...now, it's hard to tell what they've done to it in reaction to how mercurial the sub numbers have been within the past year or so. They said in an interview that they don't decide things based on sub numbers, but who can honestly believe that? I agree with Nuno that it seems like a lot of everything has been sprinkled in, and while it has been planned for a while and was supposedly feature-complete last winter, it's hard to know. The game is still profitable, and if they can keep making xpacs that bring numbers back up, they're not going to end it IMO. I just hope they get better at retention and get rid of this moneygrabbing, xpac every year mindset. That's only going to make the product suffer. Or they could dump everything they have into Legion, bringing people back and then half-ass the next xpac. Either of those sound terrible.

As far as WC4 goes, I'm not sure if repackaging things that already happened is going to sell boxes. Even with how poorly WoW conveys deeper storylines, I'm not sure the last several expansions would work in an RTS. Wrath doesn't really connect to Cataclysm in any way at all iirc. And if WoW is still doing well, it would seem odd to have things happen concurrently. They're different development teams, but still...dunno
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Eh, I don't see it that way at all. This expansion was supposedly being worked on back in MoP...now, it's hard to tell what they've done to it in reaction to how mercurial the sub numbers have been within the past year or so. They said in an interview that they don't decide things based on sub numbers, but who can honestly believe that? I agree with Nuno that it seems like a lot of everything has been sprinkled in, and while it has been planned for a while and was supposedly feature-complete last winter, it's hard to know. The game is still profitable, and if they can keep making xpacs that bring numbers back up, they're not going to end it IMO. I just hope they get better at retention and get rid of this moneygrabbing, xpac every year mindset. That's only going to make the product suffer. Or they could dump everything they have into Legion, bringing people back and then half-ass the next xpac. Either of those sound terrible.

As far as WC4 goes, I'm not sure if repackaging things that already happened is going to sell boxes. Even with how poorly WoW conveys deeper storylines, I'm not sure the last several expansions would work in an RTS. Wrath doesn't really connect to Cataclysm in any way at all iirc. And if WoW is still doing well, it would seem odd to have things happen concurrently. They're different development teams, but still...dunno
Well sure but it's not like the numbers didn't went down rapidly with Pandaria too, so they could see the trend long ago. Honestly at this point it's pretty obvious that the numbers will peak in the beginning and then start to fall quite a bit, so they're probably going for faster releases now. It's already more than down to half of the numbers the game had during it's biggest popularity, so I doubt the game will be that amazingly profitable in another 3 exp, it's not going to survive forever.

I don't think you're aware of the popularity those old Warcraft games still hold, a continuation would sell like pancakes, no matter what they choose to adapt xD Like I said a big number of Warcraft fans probably didn't even see half of the exp, so it would be new stuff to a huge number, not to mention it would be a nice way too fix the awful storytelling. Honestly I don't think that someone who's not played the strategy games really understands how hyped people would be for a new Warcraft, it arguably has a bigger fanbase than Diablo.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Well sure but it's not like the numbers didn't went down rapidly with Pandaria too, so they could see the trend long ago. Honestly at this point it's pretty obvious that the numbers will peak in the beginning and then start to fall quite a bit, so they're probably going for faster releases now. It's already more than down to half of the numbers the game had during it's biggest popularity, so I doubt the game will be that amazingly profitable in another 3 exp, it's not going to survive forever.

I don't think you're aware of the popularity those old Warcraft games still hold, a continuation would sell like pancakes, no matter what they choose to adapt xD Like I said a big number of Warcraft fans probably didn't even see half of the exp, so it would be new stuff to a huge number, not to mention it would be a nice way too fix the awful storytelling. Honestly I don't think that someone who's not played the strategy games really understands how hyped people would be for a new Warcraft, it arguably has a bigger fanbase than Diablo.
Yeah it's hard to predict, but I think they've set themselves up for a while. Anyone who buys a token is making Blizzard more money than what they would if someone just subbed. They could just go F2P at some point as well. It really depends on how Legion does honestly. If enough people come back and it doesn't have the immense endgame issues that WoD had, then it could be in a much better state in the long-run. But while I said it would be weird for it to be concurrent, I don't think Blizzard thinks this. Especially if the RTS people have nothing to work on since SC2 is done. It might depend on how Diablo 3 continues to do, or if Overwatch is a huge hit as well. Dunno.

Yeah I am aware...I've played them dude. :XD I just don't know if retreading old storyline would be the best thing for a new game. How would Pandaria work there? I imagine it'll sell a shitload of copies either way, so I guess that's all they would really care about. I wasn't really objecting to them making WC4, just saying that I don't see how WoW ending is a prerequisite, since I don't see that happening any time soon.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Yeah it's hard to predict, but I think they've set themselves up for a while. Anyone who buys a token is making Blizzard more money than what they would if someone just subbed. They could just go F2P at some point as well. It really depends on how Legion does honestly. If enough people come back and it doesn't have the immense endgame issues that WoD had, then it could be in a much better state in the long-run. But while I said it would be weird for it to be concurrent, I don't think Blizzard thinks this. Especially if the RTS people have nothing to work on since SC2 is done. It might depend on how Diablo 3 continues to do, or if Overwatch is a huge hit as well. Dunno.

Yeah I am aware...I've played them dude. :XD I just don't know if retreading old storyline would be the best thing for a new game. How would Pandaria work there? I imagine it'll sell a shitload of copies either way, so I guess that's all they would really care about. I wasn't really objecting to them making WC4, just saying that I don't see how WoW ending is a prerequisite, since I don't see that happening any time soon.
Doubt they will go F2P with WoW tbh, but who knows. Ofc it do better but if you look at the lore there isn't really that much left. What could they possibly introduce after the next exp, what mighty villain is left? I guess they could go and do another Pandaria, but I think they're aware that if they pull this again numbers will fall down immensely. I mean the exp is called Legion and it looks like we will get Aszhara too, so what's possibly left? Beating the same foes again and again won't work and hardly makes sense, it's already a big stretch that they brought back Illidan :XD Honestly the only ones I can think of are Sargeras and Kil'jeaden, maybe Archimonde - and they're all part of the Legion xD Nuno once mentioned an exp on Argus or something, that's the only possibility I can see, besides an exp maybe focusing on the Old Gods.
And from what I got the team will work on either Diablo or a new Wacraft next. That, or a completely new project :s

lol didn't you tell me that you haven't played the old strategy games?
You could simply ignore Pandaria, seriously... they would need to compress and change the story quite a bit anyway, to make it work as a strategy game. Never said ending WoW was a necessity, that was Nuno. I mean as long as WoW is running (and even after that) they won't go beyond the content there, so if it actually comes they will either redo Wacraft 1/2 or retell the WoW story.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Doubt they will go F2P with WoW tbh, but who knows. Ofc it do better but if you look at the lore there isn't really that much left. What could they possibly introduce after the next exp, what mighty villain is left? I guess they could go and do another Pandaria, but I think they're aware that if they pull this again numbers will fall down immensely. I mean the exp is called Legion and it looks like we will get Aszhara too, so what's possibly left? Beating the same foes again and again won't work and hardly makes sense, it's already a big stretch that they brought back Illidan :XD Honestly the only ones I can think of are Sargeras and Kil'jeaden, maybe Archimonde - and they're all part of the Legion xD Nuno once mentioned an exp on Argus or something, that's the only possibility I can see, besides an exp maybe focusing on the Old Gods.
And from what I got the team will work on either Diablo or a new Wacraft next. That, or a completely new project :s
There being not much left lorewise is the exact reason why there's plenty left to do. All of the content up through Cata was tying off loose ends from the RTS. Pandaria came from nowhere, but the other side of Azeroth is still unexplored, more places from the RTS that haven't been introduced, like Kul Tiras, Zandalar, etc.

Azshara hasn't been mentioned as participating. We only have that one minion of hers and that her army is in one of the zones. Plus the dungeon there is called Eye of Azshara...but her actual involvement in the story as a character isn't really clear right now. Remember, Azshara and the Naga exist because of N'zoth. There might be some Old God stuff in this xpac in the background or in future patches, but that whole situation is just as big as the Legion itself since it ties in with the Titans. Wrathion spoke about us "rebuilding the final Titan" in MoP. The glimpse we'll get of the Emerald Dream is supposedly just an introduction as well, since there are limitless possibilities about what could be done with it...N'zoth is behind that mess as well. But there's just no way in my eyes that Sargeras is going to be the expansion's final boss. My bet is it either being the Avatar of Sargeras, like what Aegwynn faced...or it could be something with Azshara and N'zoth....but that stuff feels like it could carry it's own expansion honestly.

Then there's what Sylvanas is going to do, which seems like it might be addressed somewhat since the Val'kyr are back. Greymane is mentioned as well, so they'll be using him in some way. Maybe finally a resolution to the Gilneas thing. I really think the pre-launch event on the Broken Shores is going to have some serious ramifications for a lot of faction leaders and lore figures, hence the Artifact system existing in the first place.

Then there's what's going on with Bolvar potentially. There's a ton of stuff there if you look for it. What really matters is the game remains profitable, otherwise it could end at any time of course. :XD

lol didn't you tell me that you haven't played the old strategy games?
You could simply ignore Pandaria, seriously... they would need to compress and change the story quite a bit anyway, to make it work as a strategy game. Never said ending WoW was a necessity, that was Nuno. I mean as long as WoW is running (and even after that) they won't go beyond the content there, so if it actually comes they will either redo Wacraft 1/2 or retell the WoW story.
I played the first two and played some of Reign of Chaos. But I know the storylines involved etc. The thing is, I don't think you can ignore Pandaria given what was introduced there. Another Old God, more Titan lore, the destruction of Theramore and Jaina kicking the Sunreavers out of Dalaran as a result, the Horde splintering, etc. Say what you will about the xpac, but it's just as impactful to the story as any other one IMO.

Yeah idk, they could do whatever they want, but it'd feel super weird to ignore a bunch of stuff. It was different with WoW retconning some things because it became the only window into that story, so to speak. If they released WC4 tomorrow, I have no idea what they would do with it. :XD
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

That moment when you lost interest in discussing WoW further... :kappa

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Not really good quality but this is the scene I meant :wtf
 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

That moment when you lost interest in discussing WoW further... :kappa
:kappa

Just wanted to add that supposedly the Legion is going to be attacking multiple places in the prelaunch event. People are comparing it to the way the Scourge invaded a bunch of places pre-WotLK. Sounds really cool.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Gimme a note once you know more, but it sounds nice indeed :nod

@Nuno please give me a nice birthday present, when I wake up tomorrow I want to see that Gintama post :kappa
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Nice meme.
 
Top