- Joined
- Nov 11, 2013
- Messages
- 2,206
- Reaction score
- 238
- Gender
- Female
- Country
-
Which combos do you think would be able to take on Germany's D1?
Atobe/Irie will beat them.Byoudouin/Tanegashima.
But no, of course it's not that simple. First of all, looking at the matches so far, it's almost certain that Japan's pair will include a MSer, so any double HSer combination can basically be thrown out without too much worry. The problem that emerges is that while several of the HSers seem to have pro-level qualities in at least one or two areas, the MSers not so much. Furthermore, Bertie and Dankmar are supposedly able to employ pretty much any tactic, so identifying one weak area and targeting that doesn't seem feasible either.
This all leads me to believe that any pair that wants to stand a chance needs a certain amount of unpredictability. From the HSers, the best candidates in that area are probably Tanegashima and Irie, and from the MSers you're looking at Fuji, Niou, Oshitari and Sengoku. So I'd think that whichever combination of those guys has the best synergy is Japan's best bet.
...what's the fifth one that can't go either way? Unless you're implying that the round will end 3-1?Really looking forward to the Germany match 4 games can go either way.
I was referring to Volk, QP, Tezuka and Bertie/Dankmar matches. But after thinking about it the match will be like other big games. As for the score I think it'll be like the 1st Hyotei and 3rd court shuffle matches....what's the fifth one that can't go either way? Unless you're implying that the round will end 3-1?
I mean, Volk is considered the strongest player of the tournament, so if Tokugawa can defeat him, I'd think he would stand a chance against Amadeus or Medanore as well. Even if Medanore were to turn out stronger than Volk now that's recovered or if someone were to defeat Medanore in his best condition, I doubt it'd be a blowout victory and would put them heads and shoulders above Volk.I do seem him beating Volk if given another go.
1. Kintarou already did the same thing, why can't Ryoma?I'd consider the story unrealistic if Ryoma plays against a guy 6 years his senior. Whoever plays in the finals singles 1, is too worldly for Ryoma.
I don't know about Akaya, but I do think Kite will play the finals. I think it's meaningful that he was watching Switzerland's match during the first round rather than Germany's or France's.I see Kite playing in the semis and not the finals. Same with Kirihara.
He should have formidable technique as well and coming back from his defeat against Oni might have strengthened his mental. I don't think he'll win, but he'll probably play a good match if he ends up making a line-up.The only advantage he has is speed which may work with with Kite's Shukuchiho.
I'm confident Kaoz was talking about JJ, not Hakamada.This is how I see it. In the final, whether against Switzerland or Spain, Tokugawa may not have what it takes to play under pressure during the decider. Byodoin would. Byodoin's goal is to lead Japan to the top of the world. He would achieve that if he played the last match of the tournament.
I'm actually hoping Spain is in the final. Apparently, Medanore (before injury) > Volk > Amadeus. We know nothing about Spain and it would be a huge surprise to all if Amadeus isn't in the final. Switzerland is the highest seed on the other end and upsets aren't irregular. Byodoin has a connection to both Switzerland AND Spain. Switzerland because of Amadeus and Spain because of his Bullfighting of Spain.
Kintaro defeated Hakamada. He's not an amazing character. Compare Hakamada to Oni and it isn't a worthy match worth remembering. Ryoga is bound to be a 3rd year HSer, otherwise he'd be too old to play in the tournament. I don't see Ryoma beating either Volk or Medanore/Amadeus without a ridiculous power-up. He can't even beat his own father. Nanjiroh isn't serious when having a match with Ryoma.
In regards to Kite, I don't think he's strong enough to play against the No.1 or No.2/4 in the world. His tennis will be greatly improved because of Omagari's training but still not against the top 5 in the world.
I was. And Oni as well, for that matter. While it was a blowout in terms of score, Kintarou kept up well after he achieved TnK.I'm confident Kaoz was talking about JJ, not Hakamada.
But... that's all the options there are left. You yourself put him against the no. 1 country in your prediction.In regards to Kite, I don't think he's strong enough to play against the No.1 or No.2/4 in the world. His tennis will be greatly improved because of Omagari's training but still not against the top 5 in the world.
Yeah, against the top ranked country and even the tournament's no. 1 doubles pair. That's definitely playing against the world no. 1 in every sense.I put Kite in the semis rather than the finals.
In both Ryoma's and Sanada's case, that connection wasn't created until four chapters before the round started. There's still plenty of time to do the same for Germany and Switzerland/Spain, no matter who's going to play those matches. For that matter, Tokugawa also has a connection to France (at least on the same level as Byoudouin's to Spain), yet he isn't playing against them.However, Tokugawa has a connection with Germany and not Switzerland. In Japan vs France, the 3 singles players have some sort of connection with France. Ryoma and Ludovic fought over Sakuno; Sanada corrected the ninja's Japanese; and Duke was a former French rep.
If you have Switzerland in the finals, this isn't possible. America plays Switzerland next. The winner plays Spain in the semis and whoever wins there is the final opponent.For America vs Spain.. i think America will loss 0-3 to Spain or 2-3 with decided match between Ralph and Medanore..