[Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

Who will win?

• Taira Yoshiyuki/Momoshiro Takeshi

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Doubles 1Taira Yoshiyuki
Momoshiro Takeshi
Tachibana Kippei
Chitose Senri
TitleSmiling Sharpshooter
-
Wings of Kyuushu
SchoolHigh School 2nd Year
Seishun Gakuen 2nd Year
Fudomine 3rd Year
Shitenhouji 3rd Year
Height???
170 cm
179 cm
194 cm
Weight???
58 kg
67 kg
81 kg
Dominant HandLeft
Right
Right
Left
PlaystyleAggressive Baseliner
Aggressive Baseliner
All Rounder
All Rounder
TechniquesBakyuun
Dunk Smash
Black Jack Knife
Abare Jishi
Abare Dama
Moujuu no Aura
Kamikakushi
Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami
Moujuu no Synchro

Serve order: Tachibana -> Taira -> Chitose -> Momoshiro

This round ends on Thursday, October 18th 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Last edited:

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
In Taira/Momo vs WoK, I'm not completely convinced either way. I think Taira/Momo can cause a lot of trouble with Bakyuun/BJK, but the synchro teamwork of WoK is important. Taira seemed to require Hara in order to set up for Bakyuun and Momo's just not Oni, so his BJK isn't nearly as effective, although it did break Hara/Taira's strings. Moreover, both Bakyuun and Momo's BJK appear to be one sided, so with the synchro teamwork, the special shots could be sealed a fair percentage of the time.

If WoK's Moujou no Synchro is anywhere remotely close to being as good as Atobe/Niou's synchro, they should have just barely enough to win. I'm going WoK wins 7-6.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I doubt Taira relies on Hara though. Otherwise they are too easy to seal up and defeat.
If Taira relies on Hara then they are a pathetic pair. Disappointed in them already the way they both got their racket strings and wrists killed in one shot.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Momoshiro solo 1st stringer of what seems to be 6-0 3rd court Taira himself is one of 1st stringer who 6-0 3rd court. Tachibana/Chitose is only 3rd court level pair>.>

This is different tier, entirely. The only way WoK wins is that they got benefits of doubt of improving. It depends whether people go by assumption or not.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Taira/Hara's opponents were not from 3rd Court. They were different people warning Momo and Kenya that they could lose.
I went through it, and Mitsuya mathematically must have been the man that left Takei Toshio lying on the ground.

Taira/Hara's opponents could have been even 4th Court. 2nd Court have run away, and only 6 guys of 1st Court got chosen.
(Tanegashima and Tokugawa as we know are of the best HSers).

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Momoshiro solo 1st stringer of what seems to be 6-0 3rd court Taira himself is one of 1st stringer who 6-0 3rd court. Tachibana/Chitose is only 3rd court level pair>.>

This is different tier, entirely. The only way WoK wins is that they got benefits of doubt of improving. It depends whether people go by assumption or not.
This means we are bringing in plot despite people saying in other threads there is no plot.
It's all become bs.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
This means we are bringing in plot despite people saying in other threads there is no plot.
It's all become bs.
Rules #0: If it helps characters I like win, plot is acceptable. If it would possibly make my character I like lose, then I won't use plot.

It's just unwritten rule.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I'm going with Momo/Taira. BJK will kill Chitose and probably Tachibana's wrists after some games, Taira is a good player and might cause trouble with his Bakyuun. Mojuu No Synchro will give Tachibana/Chitose the upper hand but I see Momo and Taira overcoming it evemtually.

Momo/Taira win 7-6 or 7-5

Fuji Shusuke

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
FFS a Kamikakushi or Abare Dama is enough to shut Momo down.
Also, Chitose is a smart guy (since he activated SKnK) he knows how to prevent BJK.

6-4 WoK wins

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Taira/Momoshiro both strike me as all offense and no defense characters. I don't think WoK can return their special shots (but they definitely won't be injuried) but Taira/Momoshiro won't be able to return WoK's special shots too. Assuming WoK can synchro they will win just because synchro is a huge advantage. I can forsee a lot of 1 frame instant scores going on between both teams but the side with synchro (WoK) will eventually find a way to stop the other team from scoring with special shots and win.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Chitose has the brains, Tachibana has the brawn. WoK ftw.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Chitose has the brains, Tachibana has the brawn. WoK ftw.
Momoshiro has brawn.
Do Tachibana and Chitose really have the technique for an onslaught of BJK + Bakyuun?
Not like this is an easy one at all.

Momoshiro destroys a lot of MSers right now with BJK.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

FFS a Kamikakushi or Abare Dama is enough to shut Momo down.
Also, Chitose is a smart guy (since he activated SKnK) he knows how to prevent BJK.

6-4 WoK wins
Why should he be able to prevent BJK?
SKnK is Doubles-only anyways.
Ryoma used SKnK, yet people were saying on here he won't be returning BJK.

As if Momoshiro is the only threat here. Taira has Bakyuun. Not exactly easy to return.
I don't know why people are disregarding Momo.
Of the 2nd Year MSers. Momoshiro is the best of them by far. Even though they are an untalented year group compared to the year above.

Fuji Shusuke

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Here is something interesting: can you return BJK with Abare Dama?
So far people have gotten wrists broken by returning it with the gut, since Abare Dama uses the frame, is it possible?

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Here is something interesting: can you return BJK with Abare Dama?
So far people have gotten wrists broken by returning it with the gut, since Abare Dama uses the frame, is it possible?
Theorically, yes. Rai is a stronger shot than BJK that breaks your racket gut and Yukimura returned it with the butt of the racket. Hitting and returning BJK with the frame isn't impossible and if is Tachibana who does that then BJK will be returned with Abare Dama. Tachibana could return Bakyuun with his strings no problem, but it would take a while maybe. However, Tachibana has more power than Momo and maybe Taira, so BjK can be returned with Abare Dama and Bakyuun too if Tachibana's strings were broken by trying to return it directly since Momo tried it and only returned it with BjK.

Thing is, Tachibana can't do that all the time, how many BjK will Chitose and Tachibana hold? Momo could destroy both of them before the match ends, Chitose will be really damaged by BJK as he lacks power.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Theorically, yes. Rai is a stronger shot than BJK that breaks your racket gut and Yukimura returned it with the butt of the racket. Hitting and returning BJK with the frame isn't impossible and if is Tachibana who does that then BJK will be returned with Abare Dama. Tachibana could return Bakyuun with his strings no problem, but it would take a while maybe. However, Tachibana has more power than Momo and maybe Taira, so BjK can be returned with Abare Dama and Bakyuun too if Tachibana's strings were broken by trying to return it directly since Momo tried it and only returned it with BjK.

Thing is, Tachibana can't do that all the time, how many BjK will Chitose and Tachibana hold? Momo could destroy both of them before the match ends, Chitose will be really damaged by BJK as he lacks power.
This post is full of assumptions.

Rai is stronger than BJK?
So you think Sanada will hit Rai once to Momoshiro and it will snap off his wrists in one shot? Even though BJK ALSO breaks racket guts.

You say BJK could be returned with the racket frame, in this series, the racket frame can return anything I gues.

Tachibana returning Bakyuun no problem?? That's nonsense. We don't know that at all.

Otherwise Taira wouldn't have been the No.18 if it is so easy to return.

Last edited:

ashore

Reaction score
Country
United States
my question
1)do you think momo's BJK is returnable? and is at the same level that oni used it on him?
2) when he used BJK vs non G10 doubles match did he break their writs or just gut only?

3) If one person is injured from WoK, will that terminate synchro?
4) do you think WoK is prepared for BJK?'
5) Do you know/think chitose can use Muga no Kyouchi while in synchro? please state reasoning.
6) is Taira special move also kill the gut of rackets?

i need these answereed in order to decide this match. thanks

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
1. BJK is returnable. Kintaro did it. Kaji Kazena likely did it.
Is Momo's like Oni's? Hell no. But Momoshiro's BJK should still be considered an excellent HS level shot of course.

2. It had to have broken their wrists. If Taira/Hara's wrists were fine, then all they had to do was aim for Kenya the whole match and win. Since like Mutsu/Mutsu was nearing the end of their game about to win, and Date/Ban were on match point, Taira/Hara couldn't have had long to go til they bt Momoshiro/Kenya.

Taira/Hara's wrists must have been broken by that shot. Otherwise Hara and Taira could have just ignored Momo. THey are capable of this since they were toying around right through up until Momo hit BJK.

3. When somebody is injured in Synchro then it should terminate it. If someone is running out of stamina however, it won't terminate it I believe.
It's the only reason I can think of why Washio needed medical attention against No.15/16.

4. WoK prepared for BJK? not fully. But they will work their way around it I believe. I don't know whether this falls under reasonable improvement or plot anymore since people intertwined the two with Oni's matches and Sanada's matches.

5. Why on earth should we assume Chitose can use Muga in Synchro? Niou didn't. No mention of it so no. He cannot until proven.

6. Taira Yoshiyuki's Bakyuun takes out racket guts as far as we are concerned. Top shot. He was worthy of his 1st Stringer badge with that shot.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't see both teams doing a complete shutdown on the other team's special shots. It'll look like your generic 6-6 where both side will have highlights using their special shots to score easily but synchro will prove to be the difference in the tiebreaker.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
5. Why on earth should we assume Chitose can use Muga in Synchro? Niou didn't. No mention of it so no. He cannot until proven.
...and the chapter when Niou achieves Muga is where?

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
...and the chapter when Niou achieves Muga is where?
Fayte, I'm pretty sure he meant that we didn't see Niou using Hyakuren or Saiki in synchro. Moreover, we never actually see Niou using either aura after the match with Fuji, but that's beside the point. Muga's just not going to be effective at this point in the story, but I don't believe you can use Muga while in synchro.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Given synchro is some kind of super teamwork tech, it'd seem that Muga which is more of a one man show would not be very useful in synchro. Maybe if both characters with synchro can use Muga it'd be effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.