Discussion Flying Six Discussion Thread

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Yeah, although Jack is a full fish-man.
 

PeanutButterJelly

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
2,639
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Personally I think not all of them will haven an Ancient zoan ( aside from Drake, P1 and Ulti).

Who's who will have a regular Zoan
BM will have a mythical one
And Sasaki wont have one at all ( somebody had to save Jack when he was underwater)
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Personally I think not all of them will haven an Ancient zoan ( aside from Drake, P1 and Ulti).

Who's who will have a regular Zoan
BM will have a mythical one
And Sasaki wont have one at all ( somebody had to save Jack when he was underwater)
What has been said about Sasaki so far, he would rather cut Jack's throat to rise up.

Jack was likely pulled up by some waiter divers. Kaido has tech, and if Masira can lift ships, then a Yonko certainly can pull up a person, even if that person is 8m tall.
 

hokageji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
3,744
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Isn't it amazing that after more than 20 years, Oda can still create new characters that creates a buzz in the community and keeps us going?

So much discussion about them..... its amazing...

I wonder if any of these pirates are the supernova from Cavendish's generation. He was supposed to be extremely popular a year or so before the worst generation came up, so there gotta be a few pirates from his time.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

OK now looking at Who's Who's crew, I predict he has a sabertooth DF.... since the feline obsession
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
OK now looking at Who's Who's crew, I predict he has a sabertooth DF.... since the feline obsession
I'd back this prediction but also I just want to see some really cool ancient zoans.

I could also see Black Maria having a mythical devil fruit of some kind.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,386
Reaction score
12,174
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wanted Sasaki to have the Sabertooth fruit, but yeah, Who's Who seems to fit the bill.

If Black Maria has a Mythological Zoan, she might have a spider fruit based on the Jorogumo yokai.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@McNuss I went ahead and made this a general Flying Six thread since they are turning out to be quite a significant part of this arc now.
 

Melmoth

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2009
Messages
262
Reaction score
373
Gender
Male
Country
France
I wonder if the Flying Six will keep serving under Kaido for so long, I mean they're all supposed to be ex-captains and we have yet to discover how they surrendered. Did they all lost their pride already, do they really believe in Kaido's cause? Or are they hopelessly following him because they're no other choice in the new world, just like Apoo or Basil? Could Luffy, and an open war change that? Denjirou not killing Sasaki really left me wondering about it.

I guess some like Black Maria just fell in love with Kaidou, but the rest of 'em might end up surprising us
Anyway the clash between Luffy and Ulti / Page 1 could be the begining of an answer.
 
Last edited:

thedude

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
3,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wonder if the Flying Six will keep serving under Kaido for so long, I mean they're all supposed to be ex-captains and we have yet to discover how they surrendered. Did they all lost their pride already, do they really believe in Kaido's cause? Or are they hopelessly following him because they're no other choice in the new world, just like Apoo or Basil? Could Luffy, and an open war change that? Denjirou not killing Sasaki really left me wondering about it.

I guess some like Black Maria just fell in love with Kaidou, but the rest of 'em might end up surprising us
Anyway the clash between Luffy and Ulti / Page 1 could be the begining of an answer.
I think some were broken, Who's Who for sure. I think others joined because of strength, Page One and Ulti. Obviously Drake joined as a spy. Sasaki I think is like Who's Who. I think those two were always looking for a little revenge, but are happy to stay in the crew.

For Who's Who, I wonder if it was Queen who beat him and his crew, and that's why he really wants to kill him.

(I can't read Black Maria yet, she may just be like Page One and Ulti and joined because she wanted to be with a Yonko's crew).

I hope P1 gets some of his swagger back. Oda neutered him after his loss to Sanji.
 

Sachsenhesse

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
2,841
Reaction score
3,655
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I hope P1 gets some of his swagger back. Oda neutered him after his loss to Sanji.
Which loss though? :P I kinda like his behaviour... in his dinoform he is such a badass and in humanform kinda the opposite... kinda intriguing.
 

thedude

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
3,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Which loss though? :P I kinda like his behaviour... in his dinoform he is such a badass and in humanform kinda the opposite... kinda intriguing.
Yeah, I do like his character...but we need some more swagger! It's been on "weak form" for too long. I think it's really Ulti who makes him feel meek, she's traumatized him somehow lol.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,386
Reaction score
12,174
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ulti is an overbearing sibling, so yeah, Page One is a bit "meek" compared to her.

He's not even acting too differently, she just undercuts whatever coolness he has by babying him, lol.

As for Who's Who and Sasaki, I'm not sure if they're broken. I'm waiting to see where their ambitions lie currently. The All Stars might just be a stepping stone for something higher to them.

I think that is the case with Black Maria as well. She's a courtesan and is currently in the best position to hear some interesting information and gain favor.
 

thedude

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
3,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ulti is an overbearing sibling, so yeah, Page One is a bit "meek" compared to her.

He's not even acting too differently, she just undercuts whatever coolness he has by babying him, lol.

As for Who's Who and Sasaki, I'm not sure if they're broken. I'm waiting to see where their ambitions lie currently. The All Stars might just be a stepping stone for something higher to them.

I think that is the case with Black Maria as well. She's a courtesan and is currently in the best position to hear some interesting information and gain favor.
I just meant "broken" in that they complied, they joined Kaido. Luffy and Kidd would never do that. They could have both lost their crews and decided against fighting on against Kaido. Not really "broken" though, their will is still strong, they just have new ambitions now, including taking out the people ahead of them.
 

hokageji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
3,744
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I could also see Black Maria having a mythical devil fruit of some kind.
I am for it, except is skews the power levels a bit though.... A mythical fruit user so far have had a secondary ability. Marco - bird plus fire/healing
Sengoku - giant plus those beam like things, Catarina Devon - nine tail fox plus changing appearance. I'd guess the ame about Orochi as well....

On the other hand, her being only a flying six with a mythical will highlight importance to how strong the all stars are, inspite of having a slightly inferior fruit.
If its a mythical creature, i'd like to see a sort of creature that seduces people and lures them before strike, atleast in the folklore world to tie the connection in.
 

Monox D. I-Fly

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
301
Reaction score
151
Age
36
Country
Indonesia
If its a mythical creature, i'd like to see a sort of creature that seduces people and lures them before strike, atleast in the folklore world to tie the connection in.
A mermaid who can't swim, maybe?
 

PeanutButterJelly

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
2,639
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
A mermaid who can't swim, maybe?
Modern interpretation of mermaids and sirens varies based on literature, myth, and franchise. Their abilities and traits vary , likely as a product of languages not having adequate terminology ( in Croatia we is one word to describe both of those creatures ).

What's important to not: mermaids were originally aquatic/half fish. sirens ( original to the greek myths) had heads and bodies of woman, while their legs/arms were that of birds. Siren were able to mesmerize sailors with their song., leading them to crash upon their rocks and feed of them.

As said, modern interpretation blurred the lines between those creatures and their background/appearance varies significantly.
 

Monox D. I-Fly

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
301
Reaction score
151
Age
36
Country
Indonesia
Modern interpretation of mermaids and sirens varies based on literature, myth, and franchise. Their abilities and traits vary , likely as a product of languages not having adequate terminology ( in Croatia we is one word to describe both of those creatures ).

What's important to not: mermaids were originally aquatic/half fish. sirens ( original to the greek myths) had heads and bodies of woman, while their legs/arms were that of birds. Siren were able to mesmerize sailors with their song., leading them to crash upon their rocks and feed of them.

As said, modern interpretation blurred the lines between those creatures and their background/appearance varies significantly.
That's why I said mermaid instead of siren, because a siren can refer to either a mermaid or a harpy.
 

I Am Atomic

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
2,377
Reaction score
3,208
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Whos who - sabertooth because his crew has a cat theme

I wanted Ulti to be a velociraptor because if her fiesty character

So maybe Black Maria might be a raptor contradictory to her size
 

PeanutButterJelly

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
2,639
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
That's why I said mermaid instead of siren, because a siren can refer to either a mermaid or a harpy.
Ye, but those are still distinctive creatures to their core, and the intertwined usage of those terms is incorrect.
 
Top