Shounen Gamaran by NAKAMARU Yousuke

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
What to say a good chapter indeed. Gama's growth has been impressive. His ability to analyze the situation and then react according to is exceptional. Kosen was awesome, lol he screwed his blade through him.

To think, we will sure see more powerful characters is really exciting. Only Gama is fighting with them alone. I am sure we will see, his comrades jump into action very soon.


Chapter 31 is out folks. A decent chapter once more.
 
Last edited:

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Very nice chapter, though I think at least one of the nin should've been taken out.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Chapter 33 was very exciting. The second round is so crazy.

First we got Muraku showing up and pushing Gama to his limits (at least that's how it appeared to me), and now Saizou is there too?! Gama has got to get out of there. There is no way he can take both. He could barely keep himself and Naoyoshi alive with just Muraku there.

The Ogame school just needs to try to retreat for now and think of some sort of battle plan. As it stands now, I don't see how they will last against such powerful opponents.
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Chapter 34 is on OM


Disappointed. I hoped this would be forced to an end and they'd regroup before these two fights took place at different times.
 
Last edited:

jasperng10

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 12, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
this manga is awesoome ~ Anymore similar manga as this ? XD i just love the samurai thingy~
 

TheIroneOne

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 8, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anyone know how this series is doing in Japan?
 

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
920
Reaction score
1,846
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
While the ToC for WSM seems to be decided by the editors (from what I've seen being discussed), it doesn't seem to be doing badly from the position of the manga on the ToC weekly...it's normally at the 1st third or middle of the magazine...

Although the thing that will really tell how well it's doing is you'll have to find out the tankoubon sales in Japan... I think.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Once again Gama was in a dire strait in chapter 35. But this time I think the opposition is much tougher. The chapter ends with his special attack, which I think will not connect.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I don't think that Gama's opponent will be easily defeated. Gama is doing a special attack but the opponents of the second round are completely different to the ones he fought before. His opponent (I really forgot his name) will probably avoid the attack by taking some steps back. Gama must buy some time for his henchmen to come giving aid and assistance
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Chapter 39 was way better than chapter 38. So they are helped out by request of jinsuke and nao's mother.

Souen school is making a mess. They aren't part of the game but they are killing schools being part of the game. I definitely look forward to upcoming fight. We saw zenmaru's skills but I definitely want to see xyz's (forgot his name) skills
 

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
920
Reaction score
1,846
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Chapter 39 was way better than chapter 38. So they are helped out by request of jinsuke and nao's mother.

Souen school is making a mess. They aren't part of the game but they are killing schools being part of the game. I definitely look forward to upcoming fight. We saw zenmaru's skills but I definitely want to see xyz's (forgot his name) skills
Spoiler tags (although the raws for Chapter 40 is already out, but not the t/l and Edited Manga)

You mean Shinnojou? Yeah, it's his turn to fight. We see some of Shinnojou's past in Chapter 40 and the beginnings of the next fight which I think is having Shin fighting against someone(s) by himself while Gama and the others go for some target? (I seriously need to catch up to reading to the latest chapter Edited Mangas...but I forgot which chapter I stopped reading at -__-")
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'm really enjoying this manga, but feel like it feels a bit all of the place. Maybe it's the alternating pace and how they're always against it, but I do feel there's a lack of real progress at the moment, either in this chapter or with Gama's abilities.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Nice plot developments in latest chapter from two sides:
- we had some shinnojou history and we got to see his strength when he is serious. Even the guy - whose name I forgot - leading Gama a way out, was surprised by the speed of this attack
- What surprised me even more is how fast Naoyaoshi's younger brother naokatsu is demonstrated as this arc's antagonist. He has some fearsome school, the Myoujin school. There'll be great encounters in the future
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
A really nice chapter. Naokatsu wanted to fight his brother, the brother he adored, a test of will for Naoyoshi. The prospect of seeing Jinsuke is exciting. The four diving spears look really powerful. But my guess is, Gama can post serious resistance if they decide to fight 1-1. Not sure, others can do much about them, except for Shin.

Two of the characters that feel stronger than Gama and others are Iori and Ranmaru. I really would love to see them go all out. Jinsuke wouldn't have taken Ranmaru as his apprentice, if he was not a prodigy and insanely powerful. Off course, Gama is no where near his father's strength at the moment, or even Ranmar or Iori.

The good thing about this series is, they are warriors and as such they are relentless and merciless. In most of series, our hero doesn't want to hurt or kill others. But its quite different in Gamaran and one of the reason I like it. It breaks the monotony most of the series exhibits.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I am really intrigued by the father-son relationship between Gama and Jinsuke. There has to be something going on between those because Gama wants to defeat his father. I also wonder if Iori and other Ogame school members are aware of this.

The four divine spears are very powerful and it won't be easy to defeat. Maybe, Iori is going to participate in it because the long black haired one looks like the strongest to me. Don't forget those three have surpassed their fathers. I think it's good be careful but this might be a battle where we will see a lot of skill development.

As for Ranmaru, yeah he's probably very strong and I can see a fight between him and gama happening in the near future.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Agreed. IMHO, as you said, it shouldn't be simply because Jinsuke left Gama. Its not a reason for Gama wanting to kill his own father. For the time being, the only other reason I could think of, which made a son desiring to kill his own father, is Jinsuke killed his wife / Gama's mother. Or may be he left them in such a position that she died. There has to be something more significant and vital.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Chapter 48 came out recently. What a good chapter. This has to be the best battle so far. The good thing about this series, we get to see a little flashbacks/background of the characters like Shingo and the others before him. Just a glimpse but it certainly adds to the character's personality.
 
Top