TV - Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption) | Page 146 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
sweeeeet. I'm in for the blood.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
What? They don't care for blood, so how am I an Unsullied??

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
What? They don't care for blood, so how am I an Unsullied??
Unsullied don't care for blood? What show are you watching? :oh

"Unsullied" is a term used by fans to refer to "new" fans or show-only fans.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Oh. Like Jon Snow, I know nothing, but about the show.

The Unsullied only care about carrying out their orders, no?

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Ok, so Martin seemed to indicate on his blog that we are getting four spin-off series. What do we think they will be? And what would we rather them be?

I would like at least one to be either the Conquest or Maegor's story.

Some Age of Heroes stuff (literally anything honestly) would be great.

A story that occurs outside of Westeros would be amazing, but very unlikely. (Though maybe some Valyria?)

Dance of Dragons or the Blackfyre Rebellions would also be very acceptable.

Meliodaf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know if it's been posted in here or if it's a spoiler so

Theres a battle scene in Season 8 that took 55 days to film. For reference the Battle of the Bastards was less than half of that IIRC. And it's filmed by the director famous for Battle Of The Bastards and Winds of Winter(The season 6 finale)

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Ok, so Martin seemed to indicate on his blog that we are getting four spin-off series. What do we think they will be? And what would we rather them be?

I would like at least one to be either the Conquest or Maegor's story.

Some Age of Heroes stuff (literally anything honestly) would be great.

A story that occurs outside of Westeros would be amazing, but very unlikely. (Though maybe some Valyria?)

Dance of Dragons or the Blackfyre Rebellions would also be very acceptable.
If it isn't some sort of non-canon-but-canon fuckery, and actually an attempted adaptation of existing stuff, then it's probably likely that it'll be Dance of The Dragons, Blackfyre Rebellions, Aegon's Conquest, and maybe Robert's Rebellion. I could maybe see some Dunk & Egg stuff as I think that story would probably work really well for television, maybe even better than GoT. The issue is the series of novellas aren't finished, and who knows when they'll ever be...

I guess some Age of Heroes or a story outside of Westeros could be done, as it would give writers a bit more freedom, but the lack of familiarity might turn off some viewers.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Haha, stopped the video at

Euron being king.

This is ridiculous. Just like their idea to film multiple endings. They will just leak everything.
Well Euron being King in the tv show is ridiculous. I fully expect him to be King in the books for a short while.

SleipnirX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t think the prequels would really have been the same. The main series is a real labour of love and a magnum opus for a very talented screenwriter, these spinoffs would have just been cashing in - they might have been ‘good’ of themselves, but by comparison to the main series I think they would probably always come up short.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
You could label any spinoff as "cashing in" really. I mean, the same could be said about any series. Pilots don't get made and series don't get ordered unless the network thinks it can make them money. In GoT's case, they have a gigantic and detailed setting with it's own written history going back centuries, along with mythology that goes back millennia. With how successful GoT has been, they'd be stupid not to set another series in it's universe.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
You know there's something off when the series' most celebrated performer is only featured in the trailer for a single frame. I guess that's post-Season 4 Tyrion in a nutshell though. :eyeroll

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The first line of the season is an eunuch joke... :amuse

Jon learned the truth, Jaime is in the north, Theon saved his sister. The pacing was rather fast IMO.

Bran's state is sad, but at the same time the scenes with him staring at people are hilarious. While iI believe that Sansa is right about Cersei(I don't remember her being fine with Jaime's death btw), it's kinda annoying to see her lack of faith in Jon. That line about his feelings for Dany was too much.

How many episodes are scheduled for this season?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
The first line of the season is an eunuch joke... :amuse

Jon learned the truth, Jaime is in the north, Theon saved his sister. The pacing was rather fast IMO.

Bran's state is sad, but at the same time the scenes with him staring at people are hilarious. While iI believe that Sansa is right about Cersei(I don't remember her being fine with Jaime's death btw), it's kinda annoying to see her lack of faith in Jon. That line about his feelings for Dany was too much.

How many episodes are scheduled for this season?
6 Episodes,

Haven't seen the Episode yet,gonna watch tonight probably.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I didn't hate it. I guess that's a positive. It did feel very rushed though.

I think Sansa's comment toward Jon about Dany made a lot of sense, even though Sam put it better when he asked if she'd give up her crown for her people. There's nothing to indicate that she would honestly. But that is most likely a bit of false tension, as I don't think there's enough hours of the show left for some sort of conflict between the Starks and her and resolution as well as resolving all of the other plotlines. The North has zero chance without her anyways.

Look at if from the North's perspective, they named a bastard king, he went south and returned having knelt to what is essentially a foreign invader. The North has every reason to be pissed off at Jon and weary of Dany.

Are we supposed to be led to believe that Cersei is so nuts now that she'll go full tsundere mode and then let that dirtbag not-Euron beat it anyways? No clue what the point of that scene was.

The moment with Jaime and Bran at the end was incredible - "I'm waiting for an old friend" - Everyone and their mother thought he was talking about Sam. :lmao

What the hell was that comment Arya made about Sansa being "the smartest person I know"? Really? Really? I don't intend for that to be a knock against Sansa necessarily, but come on. There's a way to show Jon that you agree with your Sister without lying.