TV - Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption) | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: Game Of Thrones

It indeed is the one casting that is important to get right. About avatars, I'm gonna make one of Melisandre when she is cast (or wait untill proper promo footage) :hurr

AlB

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Georgia

Yeah! Screw Targaryens!

STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS! :fangirl2 :worship2

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

After watching this series, I'm dying to get the books. Sadly, I couldn't get ANY on my country. And I looked for them fiercely.

Last chapter was epic and I've the deep feeling that there is so much details lost when it became series. And those Dragons, and the mix of stories, all the characters playing a political role! So much excitement!

I avoided reading the previous post because I'm afraid I get too many spoilers. ;_;

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire

After watching this series, I'm dying to get the books. Sadly, I couldn't get ANY on my country. And I looked for them fiercely.
Whaat?! That's bad, I feel for you. Have you checked if you can get them as e-books?

Last chapter was epic and I've the deep feeling that there is so much details lost when it became series. And those Dragons, and the mix of stories, all the characters playing a political role! So much excitement!

I avoided reading the previous post because I'm afraid I get too many spoilers. ;_;
Yeah, it was incredible. Indeed, some details and lot of history have, understandably, been lost as it is being adapted. But generally they have done a pretty good job in my opinion. So great parts of dialogue cut, but some good added. Only thing that really bothers me, is the talk between The Hound and Sansa, which was cut/ partly moved to Littlefinger.

And I'll try my best to avoid spoilers. I know how it feels and I hate it ;_;

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Whaat?! That's bad, I feel for you. Have you checked if you can get them as e-books?
Sure I could, but it's not the same. All the books I enjoy more I NEED to have them on my hands, to read them sit next to my fireplace and dedicate to it fully. You can't when you're reading it trough the screen and it's not the same printing it neither.

I'm an old school reader. ;_;
Yeah, it was incredible. Indeed, some details and lot of history have, understandably, been lost as it is being adapted. But generally they have done a pretty good job in my opinion. So great parts of dialogue cut, but some good added. Only thing that really bothers me, is the talk between The Hound and Sansa, which was cut/ partly moved to Littlefinger.
And I'll try my best to avoid spoilers. I know how it feels and I hate it ;_;
I don't particularly hate them as I always spoil myself a little bit. To fully understand the houses thing I needed to make a little research that showed me more than I should know (Some deaths ;_;) but I function well anyway.
So Sansa talked with the Hound then? I actually prefer having Littlefinger talking there (Not knowing the future consequences of it, also) since He has such a high charisma.

...And I particulary HATE Sansa. Does she gets ANY better someday? >_>
Fave character so far: The Khaleesi <3 and Renly who is not only hot and gay but seems smart enough as well!

And I have an impression that those Dragons will hatch soon and everyone will actually fear that blonde bitch. 8D

AlB

Reaction score
Country
Georgia

...And I particulary HATE Sansa. Does she gets ANY better someday?
Without spoiling much I will simply tell you that you will become VERY interested in how Sansa will develop as a character after book four. Certain Somebody (a cookie if you guess :hurr) will be teaching her the most important thing in the world: how to play a game of thrones! :amuse

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

That seems quite...far away. >_> And I hope it's Littlefinger.

---------- Post added May 30, 2011 at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was May 26, 2011 at 05:51 PM ----------

I did not expected that AT ALL. Great ending, great chapter. Between the words of the Khal that made my skin shake and the truce of Littlefinger that made my heart beat faster, I think this was so far the best episode. I liked everything of it, the rhythm was so well managed that even in the moments that were the slower you still waited something big to happen and hold your breath to the next scene.

Damn, maybe I'm becoming too much a fanboy and I became unable to see the mistakes >_>

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire

Yeah, it was brilliant. Just rewatched it.

Seriously, Jason Momoas role as Drogo has been this far just a joke, gruntinh and laying naked in the furs. But this episode, that speech of his. So powerfull! Intense! Impressive job by the actor there.

Talking about great performances Charles Dance nailed the essence of Tywin. He really isn't the guy you wanna mess with.

Stannis, Stannis, Stannis. So many mention of hime lately, can't wait to hear who they cast in that role.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Awesome episode, indeed! One of the best so far, without a doubt (actually, the last three have been the best.. this show just gets better and better).

As has been mentioned, Drogo was awesome in this episode. He's been one of the characters I've been rather unimpressed with up to this point, but this episode changed that completely for me. That speech was friggin' intense! And so they mount their wooden horses to cross the poison water... Shit's about to go down!

The Tywin Lannister scene was masterful, almost flawless. Can't wait to see more of this character, he certainly seems a force to be reckoned with (and masterfully acted out by Charles Dance!!)

The ending was just... startling, while somewhat expected. I've really grown fond of Littlefinger because he's, well, intellectually awesome and his wits has made for some interesting stuff already... but I've always sort of expected him to be a double-crosser. I mean, you're supposed to be suspicious of him, right? I'm going to go out on a limb and suspect that he was behind the framing of Tyrion, as well...?

Speaking of which, that's the only thing that this episode was missing. My favorite character, the Imp. But naturally, it was necessary to focus on all the other incredibly intense stuff that went on in this episode. I have to agree with Uriel: this is probably the best episode so far, with or without Tyrion. :p Re-watched it right after I was done with the first go-through, that's how good it was!

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire

Hmm, I think Littlefinger framing Tyrion seems likely, but I just can't see why. He couldn't really have had anything to do with ordering Bran's assanation (and giving the dagger) since he was in Kingslanding all the time. I wonder what his motif was, if he indeed framed Tyrion.

I didn't see any Tyrion in the preview of next episode either. But I doubt they'll keep him away for more than 2 episodes.

Btw, I also heard there were some leaked photos of Shagga around, but haven't seen those yet. So seems he is in and I really hope so. Might just squeeze into top 5 funniest characters in the books, imo.

Next episode is the one which is fully scripted by George R. R. Martin himself. I wonder if it will stand out of the rest.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Wah, you pretty much spoiled it for me and confirmed that it wasn't Littlefinger who ordered the assassination on Bran. I mean, since you've read the books, right? Or is that whole scheme not in the books? :blink (or are you just trying to stay neutral? :p)

I just feel like since it's now confirmed he's definitely not to be trusted, the things he said about the dagger being Tyrion's and all was all false and lies. Maybe he wasn't the one to give the dagger to the assassin or even the one to order it, but he most certainly could be the one to scheme it, be it for someone else (Jaime and Cersei, I suppose) or not.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire

I didn't spoil it, even to this day it's bit unclear in the books. They are written in point of view chapters, so there are subjective views on the matter, but nothing exactly solid. That's one of the reasons why the books are so interesting. The views are biased. We might even have several slightly different descriptions of the same character, all depending in whose head the reader is at the moment.

But that is certain, that Tyrion did not order the kill on Bran. So yeah, Littlefinger might have lied about the dagger being Tyrions.

Asahina

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I love the books, and the TV series do them justice! It's not often that you see such a good interpretation of the story in the books when converted to a TV series. The producers of the TV series has done a very good job in following the story line from the book.

I was hesitant to start watching this series as I knew it couldn't capture my interest in the same way that George R.R. Martins books did, but boy, was I ever wrong...even though I know what will happen I still look forward to every new episode, and I am just as excited as my brother, who hasn't read the books, is.

The actors are very good and the casting tremendous, I wouldn't want to change any of the characters. Especially "the gimp" and Aria are superb in their roles even though "the gimp" is somewhat more unpleasant in the TV series than in the books in my opinion...

I recently got used to seeing better and better productions from HBO, but this one takes the lead (for me of course). I quickly got webbed into the storyline and enjoyed so far every second of every episode, and it's hard to let go. Haven't been so exited over a new TV series in a while, I really HOPE to see more and more episodes/seasons. This has got so much used potential that it's impossible not to enjoy at least some small part of each episode (so far). The violence the language the sex scenes are not vulgar at all (like other previous productions), this series got taste. I love the cast, Sean Bean seems he was born with a sword (a good thing), Lena Headey also incredible and the rest just seem to know their places and roles. HBO keep this series alive. Please, please HBO, don't quit this series until the end of book 4. Promise?

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Talking about great performances Charles Dance nailed the essence of Tywin. He really isn't the guy you wanna mess with.
I imagine that If I talk to my father like that while He to skin (I don't know the word so I just googled it. In spanish would be despellejar.) would freak me out. :O

And it was a Stag too, which I refuse to think it was just for the visuals. Everything here seems to point always to the houses constantly.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suspect that he was behind the framing of Tyrion, as well...?
Damn if He was It would lost so many point at his favor. I love Tyrion, so charismatic and smart. Littlefinger is cool too, but not that much.

Although I doubt He gave that knife (I mean, I doubt Littlefinger was the one who gave the killer the knife), myself. The knife being his I think is actually true.
I know it was to frame Tyrion...What why then He would want to trick the Lannisters if He would help them later as an ally? Unless of course this is just to tease Lord Stark to push and defeat the Lannisters and He is a double-double crossers :P Or with the same chain of thought, He did it to make Ned confront the Lannisters to have him killed.
Or even more intricate: He's works under Tywin. Tywin commands him to accuse his son to have an excuse to destory the house of Jon Arryn and gain control over those lands and that fortress. In the same way, Tywin kills his shame (The Imp) or has a high chance of it. That also allows him to enter war with the Starks if Eddard doesn't make a move in the convenient times. It's a win-win situation for someone that seems that dangerous. It's why too He gave to his sons that words.
Anyway, brings Littlefinger the chance of winning two things: The first one is money (Rich as a Lannisters should mean something for someone that runs a whore-house) The second one is Catelyn (In the case He actually murders Ned without that information being leaked) Political power seems an obscure reason to me, being such an underground dog as He is.

Last edited:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire

Yup, when you see a dead animal in this show, you just instantly connect it to a house. I loved the how they basicly foreshadowed the whole direction of the season in the first episode. Direwolf and a stag being the end of each other. And Theon mentioning "Maybe it was a mountain lion". In previous episode there was the pile of dead fish (Tully) from the pillaged village, I can't help to think that the stag Tywin skinned is going to have a similar purpose.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I so frogot about the Tullys. Although I prefer to do so, considering that disturbing picture of that kid. >_>

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

I needed to change my location to Westeros. LOL, I became addicted already. :(

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Just bought the first book, gonna start reading right after I'm done eating. I'm so exciteeeeeeeed~!

BakaHaze

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Orgz you watched the series first...!?

I haven't watched this, but by the discussion...seems tempting.

How's it compare to the novels?

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Read it Orgz, read it hard! :yelling

I have actually yet to see episode six and seven because of my work hours (which means I'm too tried when I come home, and too busy before I go) but I have friday off. Going to watch the crap out of that show then :shakefist

The show is splendid and in my opinion it really justifies the novels (yeah I've read the first three already ehe). Of course some things are different, like Hound/Sansa etc. but all-in-all it's a splendid adaption and it's one of the best projects HBO has started in a long time.

Must say that I've lately become more and more impressed with the quality of the HBO shows. Just... Just wow.

Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Wait...How is the relationship between The Hound and Sansa? O_O