Discussion Garp Discussion Thread

kazekage_shinagami

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

This is just a silly opinion but the" D." could be their last name being shortend and then they have their nickname taked on by family while they still young.

That and no oen seems to have noticed the absences of Luffy's father *cough* Dragon*cough*

Infact the "D." might even stand for Dragon

who knows but I am sure we will find out soon enough.
 

shoked

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
68
Reaction score
1
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

Sephcloud said:
Cuz then Luffy would be at least 1/4 giant and he's not even especially tall
true but gomu gomu may affect that...whatever i dont think so either.

what i really think is that roger was the father or granfather of luffy and i just remember something. luffy is similar to him not only in how he could look but also his heart i think... because smoker in old episode when luffy was going to be execute in the same place that roger was execute smaoker says that he has just seen 1 people with the same smile and it was roger.

if you dont remember the chapter it is when they just arrive toi grand line and they met with buggy and albudaba and those 2 were going to exxecute luffy and smoker surrender them...

it might be related but i am 1999% sure that roger and luffy are related a lot it might be blood, father, grandfather, or reincarnation but luffy is related with him for sure
 

soul-star

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

hagwall d. saulo is in fact the grandfather of luffy, furthermore he is the father of goldroger and whitebeard.
whitebeard is the father of puma d. ace and monkey d. luffy that makes goldroger to his uncle, thats all mentioned in the manga if you read it right.
but i dunno who blackbeard is thats never mentioned in the manga but he could be the brother of whitebeard and goldroger or the son of goldroger, just my 2 cents.

g-logy you remeber puma d. ace meeting buggy the clown, buggy mentions that puma d. ace is whitebeards vice-captain and son and we all know that luffy is pumas lil brother, thats it, if you read the manga right you will understand many more things.
 

G-ology

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

whitebeard is the father of puma d. ace and monkey d. luffy that makes goldroger to his uncle, thats all mentioned in the manga if you read it right.
:blink

Oh, please shut up :D

This was _NEVER_ mentioned in the manga, so please stop spreading these dumb rumors.

btw. Blackbeard was Whitebeard's Vice-Captain until he finished one member off and fled.
 

hrseber

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

G-ology said:
btw. Blackbeard was Whitebeard's Vice-Captain until he finished one member off and fled.
umm I think Blackbeard was Ace's underling. Ace mentions that Blackbeard killed a crewmate and fled which is why Ace, his commander, has to hunt him down to punish him. I don't he was so high up as vice-captain. In fact I think he was rather low on the Whitebeard totem pole.
 

G-ology

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

This is stephen's translation of #159

I told you, I only came to do that.
I'm chasing a major criminal right now... He's been calling himself "Blackbeard" lately.
But he originally used to bea member of the Whitebeard Second Corps.
My subordinate.

He committed the worst possible crime on a pirate ship... "crewmate-killing".
I'm the commander, so I have to finish him off.
Soo.. u're right, hrseber^^

I guess our german publisher (Carlsen Comics :darn) just made one more mistake :eyeroll
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

umm I think Blackbeard was Ace's underling. Ace mentions that Blackbeard killed a crewmate and fled which is why Ace, his commander, has to hunt him down to punish him. I don't he was so high up as vice-captain. In fact I think he was rather low on the Whitebeard totem pole.
Gee, I wonder what the "other" commanders of the rest of the divisions are like??
 

Roocketman

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

In a chapter someone sais that it's a kinda of problematic family,but maybe Luffy's grandpa is Hagwall (english translation of Haguwara) D. Saul,because of that Luffy's that monster strenght.
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

Roocketman said:
In a chapter someone sais that it's a kinda of problematic family,but maybe Luffy's grandpa is Hagwall (english translation of Haguwara) D. Saul,because of that Luffy's that monster strenght.
I'm pretty sure his strength comes after he ate the gomu gomu fruit!
 

Kickmeister

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

kunai jutsu said:
I'm pretty sure his strength comes after he ate the gomu gomu fruit!


I don't agree.. Look at Ace, he beat the crap out of Luffy all the time even before he had the Mera Mera no mi..
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

Kickmeister said:
I don't agree.. Look at Ace, he beat the crap out of Luffy all the time even before he had the Mera Mera no mi..
Ace is in a different league, kinda like Sanji and Zoro (no fruits but abnormally strong). Now he has fruit and strength
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

I didn't think the non-Zoan fruits added anything to physical strength, but rather just what the body is made of.

Which makes Luffy abnormally strong, too (I don't see how tearing two buildings apart from eachother without any momentum can be put on the rubber body)
 

Kickmeister

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

kunai jutsu said:
Ace is in a different league, kinda like Sanji and Zoro (no fruits but abnormally strong).  Now he has fruit and strength


Yeah well what I meant was that Luffy most likley would've been as strong even without the gomu gomu no mi..
 

Roocketman

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

Yeah,and it's genetic that monster strenght they show,I mean,Luffy when he was a chlid was very very strong,but the gomu gomu doesn't bring him the strength,only the skill to stretch his body don't you agree? Look at Buggy,he is not that fuck strong and ate a Paramecia DF too.
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

If Luffy was THAT strong, he would've taken out the minions of that 8 million beli gangsters from the beginning!
 

tyleroc

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

he was only 7 years old. obviously your strength changes a tremendous amount in those 10 years
 

Roocketman

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

Totally agree with tyleroc,he was only a child ,it doesn't matter how big you are,he was just a child,but he learned how to fight and improved his strength,if you don't agree look at how weak were zoro at the begining of his train.
 

ftabah

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 22, 2006
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

Well, I bet that at one part of the manga, Eichiro will discuss about Luffy's past. Not only the D. in his name, but also a really big background that made two brothers not only stronger than most pirates but also trying to get the one piece.

I really believe that Shanks wasn't the first one to make Luffy wants to become a pirate.

=p
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

Roocketman said:
Totally agree with tyleroc,he was only a child ,it doesn't matter how big you are,he was just a child,but he learned how to fight and improved his strength,if you don't agree look at how weak were zoro at the begining of his train.
Zoro gained strength with his determination. However they're refering to Luffy being strong when born!
 

Roocketman

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Luffy's Grandpa?

Yes,thats what I said too. He has natural strenght, but he start improving that monster strenght since Shanks gave his arm away to save Luffy and his strawhat too,THEN Luffy started to train himself ,what happens? Eiichiro didn't show us anything of that yet. We may wait till the end of this arc to see something I think.
 
Top