Discussion General Episodes Discussion

Do you watch One Piece? (anime)


  • Total voters
    513
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythsoul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

cool ..thanks guys...I just downloaded the episode...I usually get it from INP... at instantz.net.... but they didn't release anything this week.......

the episode was a bit stretch out....nothing really happened but Oz calling out the strawhat crew...the good fighting begins next week....but I so wanna see nightmare luffy!!!!
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

365 was beginning pretty boring but I liked the last like 5 minutes... though I have to say that I don't really like the anime that much anymore - and I don't even know why :/
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

I feel the exact same way. I used to like the anime alot, but somewhere after Enies Lobby was where it took a wrong turn for some reason. It may be because last arc was a filler and Thriller Bark episodes are just dragged out really badly, but I really don't like the feel that the anime has over it lately. The only reason I keep watching is to see if it'll suddenly get better again.
 

Fallou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
1,403
Reaction score
1,871
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

@Akainu and Organizized: agreed, the anime is gettin real lame..I mean, the Sanji Absalom fight was allright in the manga(though maybe a little too easy), but in the anime, it was awful. And the fight between Zoro and Ryuuma, which was awesome in the manga was disapointin in the anime. And changing the design is a good thing, but only if it's done in a good way(and it ain't)..I also (really) hope 9th movie's design was just a try, because it'll be a nightmare if the actual episodes turn out to be like that
 

Mythsoul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

365 was ok....the last minutes of it was really good....their really stretching it a bit too much....but the animation was ok
 

knivez

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
83
Reaction score
12
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

The anime has been taking a turn for the worse indeed. Animation has been worse in TB arc and all the episodes are dragged out to the extreme. I watched the frist through to the end of ennies lobie in 3 days so I really used to love it... but now. Something is wrong.
 

Darek Khort

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
612
Reaction score
88
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

I think it's just because the Anime is getting too close to the Manga. They probably don't want to do a filler or at least not too many so they are instead dragging this arc out.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Well I don't know about you, but I'd rather see a somewhat bad filler that I can forget than see one of my favorite manga-arcs in my top 1 favorite manga be dragged out to a piece of no-paced, boring, quirky-voiced crap.

Nevertheless, I rewatched 365 in a "pace and event" point of view and it was actually okay. The main problem is still the voices and the lack of interesting stuff happening. Also, the minute-long scroll of Oz's body at both the beginning and end (as well as realllllly slow and uninteresting scrolling over the KO'd straw hats at the end) makes it seem like nothing has happened in between, leaving overall impression worse.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

omg, I love it again.
though 367 had some parts we didn't see in the manga, these scenes were the ones Iliked most apart from the fighting. I think that's an example of "good" dragging.
showing us things that were only spoken of beforehand.

:wtf for the transformation. it reminded me of power rangers.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

These two chapters were indeed better than the other recent ones, but as I said before, with the fighting episodes it's pretty okay to drag it out since the pace is still there in the fighting. The docking was great though. Let's hope it will only get better from here on.

Did anyone, like, totally not imagine Kuma's voice that way? o__O
 

Roti

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
39
Reaction score
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

What an amazing episode, i think the animation specially was way better, loved the scene where brooke is in the kitchen and the one of sanji's last strike to make Oz fall
Did anyone, like, totally not imagine Kuma's voice that way? o__O
After finding out about
the pacifista I actually thought that his voice would be more Terminator-like
, but i really liked this voice, it seems to fit his personality.
 
Last edited:

RichardMNixon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
908
Reaction score
285
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

I was expecting a lot deeper for Kuma. It's a really cool voice, awesome for Hawkins or Law, but I don't think it fits Kuma at all.
 

wing_gundam

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
1,278
Reaction score
878
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Well he's very sure of himself, well say
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Kuma's voice definitely would fit better for someone like Hawkins or Law, Kuma is a huge tyrant and should have a deeper voice. What about the voice that does fit is the calm and sofisticated sound it has to it, so maybe they went for the "holy, saint"-like characteristic rather than the cold-blooded terminator that he really is.

368 was kinda good. Not quite as dragged out as earlier, thanks to the fighting. I'm beginning to enjoy the anime again. :)
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

I think it's back on track again, I wasn't even bored to see japanese advertisments inbetween :darn.
about Kumas voice I have an addditional theory. if you look at it anatomicaly either his vocal cord was messed up or his balls (which would explain his trousers) ... anyway I think it fits him. it's kinda creepy though.
can't wait for the next few chapters ... how do you guess it will go on afterwards? when will we hear whether or not there is filler again?
 

wing_gundam

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
1,278
Reaction score
878
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Well whatever the filler, its never as bad as Naruto for filler... we can thank someone for that!

lol at his missing balls....

I guess 10-15 eps to getting to the Shabondy arc, however, OP usually has some post-arc fillers... Sanji cooks, Zoro gets lost, Chopper makes a friend, etc. And they might do a travel filler (though FFR's is filler enough - you hear me animators? haha).
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Sorry wing, but One Piece is known to add a lot of filler fights and scenes. I haven't read the manga, but I say at least 20+ eps before we go to the next one. 10-15 would be too good to be true.
 

Roti

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
39
Reaction score
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

This week episode was pretty decent, not as good as 367 but still way better than the ones before, hope they keep it that way.

Well whatever the filler, its never as bad as Naruto for filler...
Totally true, but lets hope they dont insert another filler ark, in my opnion after Thriller Bark is over the anime could show Hachi adventures or another one from the covers (like they did with coby), cuz this way its still canon and has something to do with the storyline.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top