Match - Genius 10 vs. middle schoolers | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
What I mean is, with Kite, they might be able to stall for longer, having more chance of yips kicking in.

ybr99

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Toyama has no chance if he plays doubles. He has the same skill level in doubles as ryoma, 0.
What if Yuki and Niou play tanageshima. Niou plays as yukimura so they can synchro and double yips. My other idea to beat them is to use chitose. He can use saiki to beat them. Since neither have any shots impossible for chitose to return even with saiki then he has a solid chance.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm pretty convinced that Tooyama could play doubles with a select number of players, most notably Shiraishi, but also potentially Sanada.

Niou can't copy Yips, it's exclusive to Yukimura.

Using Saiki would likely not win them the match either. The rallies would probably be impossibly long and Niou and Chitose have both much less stamina than Tanegashima and Ohmagari.

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanada only lost to tanageshima because he uses special moves every play of the game. all special moves can be stopped by tanageshima so you either have to play without special moves or only use defensive moves. Bunta with wonder castle and kite taking the back with shuchuchiko. Or you can use one of the top tier players without special moves. Yukimura shiraishi akutsu toyama atobe(his special is they can't react to the ball so he is ok) and any data players

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Shiraishi maybe sanada i dont think would work.
What about kabaji or niou with atobe

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, it's true that Mu stops special moves, but we can't neglect that Tanegashima has a stat total of 28 whereas the top MSers hovered around the 23 total mark. Even if there were no special moves for Mu to stop, Tanegashima would still come out on top.

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes but this is doubles not singles.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yes? Ohmagari's stats are also higher and he basically beat Sanada and Akutsu by himself before Sanada started using Black Aura.

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
So the only options to beat them are yip them, consistently use AK, or injure one of them.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Pretty much. Issue being that the latter two probably wouldn't work because then Mu kicks in again (and it doesn't look like AK can be spammed in doubles anyway).

Tato

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
the only way to beat tanageshima/ohmagari is with kite/sanada, because kite can use his skills to reach all mu's ball and sanada can score sometimes, but is matter of luck

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanada can't score at all but kite and bunta have a chance of returning everything and bunta's attacks might get a few points

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Tanegashima can return any fancy tehniques. If he can return Sanada's Black Aura, without a sweat what makes you think Kite has a chance (who's weaker than Sanada)? Tangashima is basically a much stronger player than Shiraishi since he can return Fuji's counters without much effort. Continuously using special techniques will be nullified by Tanegashima. Only players who don't have many special techniques can take on Tanegashima.
The only people I can think of are Yukimura and Shiraishi.

Last edited:

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
If they play defensively so kite gets anything that gets past bunta using WC and they can get a few points by
Viking horn. He hits it after they move so if you can't touch it you score (don't know if it wipl work in doubles)
Bunta's offensive moves. Since they bounce off the net an tanageshima plays farther back he might not get it.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Yukimura shiraishi was my first thought but will the yips work
The yips come from having all of your shots getting returned, but tanageshima can do the samething so will it work on him?

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I think Yukimura/Sanada pair have a genuine chance of beating Tanegashima/Ohmagari pair.

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanada was already destroyed. He got 1 point off tanageshima and it was off complete luck and we don't know if the yips would even work on him. Yukimura should play because he is amazing even without yips. Sanada is all special moves which can all be returned he is not as good as others who don't use special moves.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

what about niou as tezuka and atobe they can win their serves if each use tannheuser and zero which are probably the 2 best MS serves then niou is atobe right after he serves so they can synchro and score with AK

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I have no doubt in my mind that Tanegashima and Ohmagari can both return Tannhauser without much trouble. Zero Shiki might be more difficult, but considering that Mouri found a way to return it, it's not out of the realm of possibility. Niou can't keep using ZSS for too long either. Outside of very specific applications, I don't think Synchro would be useful here either (Ken's idea from last page may have some merit, but that's about it).

Also, keep in mind that we can't just put in the two strongest MSers here since they still need to win three more matches.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Tezuka will actually be horrible against Tanegashima. A guy who can nullify any ball spin is bad for Tezuka. I think Tanegashima can answer Zero Shiki here.

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is it even possible for the MSers to beat tanageshima. What if they played oni or tokugawa whichever is worse. In my opinion tokugawa is an easier match than oni. So what if niou or kabaji play tokugawa. Niou plays as tokugawa/ byoudin/ oni or kabaji just copies him.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Kabaji might be able to copy the move given enough time but it's most likely useless because Kabaji base stats is lower than those three. So it's the battle between same tech but lower base stats.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tanegashima isn't as magical as Yukimura, in the sense that when he 'returns anything' it's shown that he still has to at least remotely make it to the general vincinity of the ball and prepare for it. For example when Sanada got upgraded to the double Black Aura he has to watch the ball closely to make sure he saw the change in direction correctly. This isn't a Yukimura's 'I return shots because I say I can', so it can be defeated if you can repeatedly hit the ball to a spot that's difficult for him to reach. That said, there's really nobody in the MS that fits this profile and Tanegashima comfortably has an overall stat advantage to cover for most issues. Something like tight rope or zero drop shot would work on him fine since he can't magically increase his speed to return the shot just because it's called a special move, but it's hard to see him falling for that more than a couple of times with his massive stat advantage compared to MS guys.

World of Ice line and Saiki should both work on him though he's probably going to pull a 'too strong for his weakness to be seen deal' versus WoI, and in the case of Saiki, I'd imagine a nod to reality like "I foresaw I'm totally going to get owned in 5 moves" again due to his massive stat advantage to anyone in MS category.