ghostexiled's yaoi thread

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

What's your favorite work so far?
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

out of my work? hrmmm...

this one is by far my best in terms of techniques used and level of detail that I put into it.

this one because I have always struggled with the female form. I believe this to be the best piece I have done utilizing the female form.

Then this one because it was my first piece that I did digitally that I was proud of and really liked how I brought an engaging scene to life. Almost like a still from a movie.

which ones do you think are my best?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

First and third, at least the third for sure. HOw long does it usually take you?
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

well that all depends on how "into" the work I am.

The first one took me about 2 weeks to get done, but in total hours spent on it... 10.

second one took a week to finish... so about 6 hours spent.

third piece took about 3 weeks... and I spent 15 hours on.

the reason it took so long for the 3rd one, is because I was still new to the digital illustration stuff and didn't know the kinda short cuts and techniques I know now to get it done in less time. The first one took a while too, cause of what I mentioned earlier... I was using new techniques that I had just learned.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

Ah, quick learner?
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

yes sir. Something that I pride myself on!

Next I am going to start learning Flash hopefully starting this week.

That program is a must know these days in order to get any kind of art job.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

What kind of company are you hoping to work with?
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

anything at the moment, cause I need a job.

Dream job would to illustrate covers for books, do concept art for games and movies.

But as long as I remain in Kansas City, I will have to settle for getting a graphic artist position... which are pretty boring jobs.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

What would be your dream projects to work on?
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

pretty much given the opportunity to sit down and create characters and worlds for them to be in.

Not to much different from what a mangaka does.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

What kind of characters would you use?
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

what do you mean?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

Would you use completely original character or character based on a manga?
 

deffkryz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
809
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

Naa~h. Okay, ghostexiled, I fell for it - and since I've voted, here you are... :)

I would love to live in the world of OP since it's the most "open one" - you don't know how the next stop on the Mugiwara Tour looks like and what's gonna be next. Though I couldn't decide to be either Attachan (great photographs so far - esp. that one of Nami. ;)), Brook (just for the laughs!) or "just myself" (boring! :notrust).
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

Would you use completely original character or character based on a manga?
well I would jump at the opportunity to do either really! But if I had it my way, I would do my own characters.

I have been thinking about doing a web comic after I get these avatars and One Piece fanart done. :)
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

Web Comic? :nuts

Go for it dude!
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,765
Reaction score
26,123
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

I picked other; I choose the Gantz universe. I'd probably choose the Kei character minus the bitchiness?

Those suits and weapons are just awesome. It would be cool to try it out.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

Info on your webcomic please! =D
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

Web Comic? :nuts

Go for it dude!
I will as soon as I get caught up with everything else I got going right now. :)

I picked other; I choose the Gantz universe. I'd probably choose the Kei character minus the bitchiness?

Those suits and weapons are just awesome. It would be cool to try it out.
Wow! Most people would pick universes that did not have such a high fatality rate!! Gantz is a place where you would have to be Kei to survive, even then he has died a couple of times already! :)

Info on your webcomic please! =D
I have not really thought too much about it, but I think the main character will be this guy

I will flesh it out more when I get caught up! :)
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: I am the ocean. You are an island. My awesomeness is a Tsunami. You get the idea.

...
Why?
 
Top