ghostexiled's yaoi thread

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

hello, ghost :)

Is there any story behind your nick?
Where exactly do you live in the US?
Hello, koenosaki! :D

the story behind my nickname... hrmmmm. Well it comes from several different places actually.

Ghost - comes from me being kinda on the pale side, I can't get a decent tan to save my life! :p Also, when I was younger I was kinda like a ghost... few people paid attention to me and I stayed out of the path of the "All seeing eye"!

Exiled - comes from always coming and going from places... I moved around a lot when I was younger. So it also felt that I was being exiled to a new place when I was younger.

I live in Kansas City, Missouri. I am desperately trying to leave... it sucks here! :p I need/want to travel more... Japan is in my cross hairs! :D

I haven't found this question here yet so I'll ask, what ARE you currently reading? (genre wise)?
Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tale, DGM, Gantz, Psyren and Reborn. So Shonen and Seinen.

I am breezing thru Rave Master right now in my spare time.

I need to start FMA, I watched their first go thru of it and found out they went away from the manga half way thru it. I am also watching the new one that is suppose to be more faithful the manga.

I have to go record saying that do know about a ton more series out there... I have watched their respective animes, I just have not gotten around to reading their respective mangas.

But Blai, I will fo sho check out those Shoujo that you recommended me! :D
 
Last edited:

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Glomps are always welcomed! :p
How about another? Hehe... :glomp

ghostexiled said:
well let's see... I got into anime first and it was Dragonball when I was 16 years old. I continued for a good while only watching anime, until sometime during college I learned that some anime was based off manga so I started to read the mangas to the shows that I was currently watching (Bleach, Naruto and One Piece)
Nice. ^^ I think Dragonball was the first anime for a lot of people around here. I was a bit of a late bloomer entering into the otaku world, so I've never seen/read it. :darn I started out with Inuyasha instead. I found anime on adult swim and then eventually made my way to manga after I discovered its existence.

ghostie said:
I am sorry... what is shoujo exactly? I know shonen and seinen... but outside those 2 I have not really gotten into. I am not against new stuff, I just know there are tons of stuff out there... so I usually stick to stuff that I am familiar with. Boring I know! :p But if there is anything that anybody is willing to recommend, I am willing to take a peek! :D
It seems Blai already explained shoujo pretty well, but yeah, you should really give it a try (I was hesitant to branch out as well, so don't feel bad ;)). It's good if you're in the mood for something sweet or angsty/dramatic (depending on the series you choose). I'd personally say to give NANA a try if you're looking for something on the more angsty side (plenty of comedy in here, too) or Kimi ni Todoke for something a little lighter on the drama.

ghostie said:
I do have to say I really have never gotten into mech based stories... but there have been exceptions to this. Full Metal Panic, I absolutely love! There are a few others that I have liked but can't seem to remember their names at the moment...
Yep, I'm the same way. :amuse Not big into mecha, but I've run into a few that I really liked. Code Geass, for example, was awesome but I found myself bored and spacing out a lot during the mecha scenes. :p

ghostie said:
Music... I like all kinds really, but nothing too the extreme of any genres. ex: Gangsta rap - I like hip-hop more and Heavy metal - I like just rock.

Right now I just got into Elbow, they are an indie group from England. I also like Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Queens of the Stone Age and Method Man & Redman... at the moment.
Rock would be my preferred music as well. ^^ Love QOTSA! They were veeery disappointing live, though. Saw them a few years back -- and maybe I caught them on a bad day -- but Josh Homme sounded like crap. :s

Hmmm.... more questions.... What's your favorite food? Do you have any guilty pleasures? :fan
 
Last edited:

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

How about another? Hehe... :glomp
Keep em coming... no complaints here! :p

Hmmm.... more questions.... What's your favorite food? Do you have any guilty pleasures? :fan
Favorites food... wow, lets see here... I like all kinds really! But if I had to pick, I would say that I am a steak and potato kinda man. I was raised in the country, so I am a carnivore! :D

Guilty pleasures would have to be... I am a sucker for chick flicks and romantic comedies! But don't tell anyone! :p

Also I like emotional stuff (very unmanly) "Wolf's Rain" had me crying like a baby at the end of that flipping series! :s
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Favorites food... wow, lets see here... I like all kinds really! But if I had to pick, I would say that I am a steak and potato kinda man. I was raised in the country, so I am a carnivore! :D
:thumbs

Mmmhmm, me too. I could never be a vegetarian. I don't know how people do it. Seriously. :darn

ghostie said:
Guilty pleasures would have to be... I am a sucker for chick flicks and romantic comedies! But don't tell anyone! :p

Also I like emotional stuff (very unmanly) "Wolf's Rain" had me crying like a baby at the end of that flipping series! :s
You like chick flicks, eh? Then what's your favorite... *thinking of stereotypical chick flick actor/actress*.... Meg Ryan movie? No wait! Your favorite Hugh Grant movie? :XD

J/k, I actually think it's good if you're in touch with your emotional side. :amuse And now I'm more convinced than ever that you need to try some shoujo! :shakefist

So, being serious this time, what *are* some of your all-time favorite movies?
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

No wait! Your favorite Hugh Grant movie? :XD
It is funny you should say him... one of all my time favorites is "About a Boy".

So, being serious this time, what *are* some of your all-time favorite movies?
Well as mentioned above, About a Boy... would be one of them.

Lost in Translation, Garden State, Equilibrium, Groundhog Day, Leon the Professional, Last Samurai, Memoirs of a Geisha and pretty much all of Satoshi Kon's movies.

I use to work at Blockbuster for 4 years... so I have seen aloooooooooooot of movies and there are alooooooooooot that I like. But these are some that stand out, that I can remember at the moment! :p
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

:thumbs

Mmmhmm, me too. I could never be a vegetarian. I don't know how people do it. Seriously. :darn
Same over here. When eating a dish, when looking at my meal (or better when looking at a vegetarian's meal), I always think: meaaaaatttttttttttt :p :p :p (or screw you :D)

Lost in Translation, Garden State, Equilibrium, Groundhog Day, Leon the Professional, Last Samurai, Memoirs of a Geisha and pretty much all of Satoshi Kon's movies.

I use to work at Blockbuster for 4 years... so I have seen aloooooooooooot of movies and there are alooooooooooot that I like. But these are some that stand out, that I can remember at the moment! :p
I liked Memoirs of a Geisha a lot. I have a cool anecdote:
I watched that movie unintentionally. I remember I saw a cool trailer of another asian movie on TV. I think, it was golden flower, cursed flower, or something like that. I said to some mates: "damned, that movie looks pretty awesome. Chinese war romance/historical movie. Crouching tiger, hidden dragon, hero, etc always cool movies to see those martial arts scenes". They don't love these kind of movies as much as I do, but well I could convince them to watch it in the cinema

You had to see me after the movie. I was so happy I had mistaken myself. I loved the movie and my mates loved it too. I think they happily blamed my mistake

btw, any opinion about crash?
 
Last edited:

hdiuy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
1,885
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Just curious, care to list your top 10 manga that you're currently reading? I figured Bleach must be high on your list since you had an avatar of Ichigo, but then again since Reborn isn't my number 1 even though its in my signature. So yea.
 
Last edited:

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Just curious, care to list your top 10 manga that you're currently reading? I figured Bleach must be high on your list since you had an avatar of Ichigo, but then again since Reborn isn't my number 1 even though its in my signature. So yea.
Haha... first let me thank you for coming to this thread and asking me stuff! :) I do follow Bleach, but it is not my favorite anymore. I just thought that when Ichigo released into his new form a while back, I thought it was really cool... so I drew my interpretation of him. :)

anyway, my top mangas right now are (as in which I find really rolling with the greatness at the moment)

1. One Piece
2. Psyren
3. Reborn
4. D. Gray Man
5. Naruto
6. Fairy Tale
7. Gantz
8. Bleach


I would put Gintama for #4, but I was late to that manga and there is like 10 or so chapters around the 60th chapters that have not been scanned and translated... so I am stuck until that changes! :(

That is all at the moment... I suck at finding more and interesting manga to read. I just finished Rave and I am currently catching up with Berserk and Blade of the Immortal.

Like I have said, I am always looking for new suggestion! :)

btw, call me an idiot... but who is that in your avatar? Is is Hibari? :p
 
Last edited:

hdiuy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
1,885
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

^ Nice. *high five* we both like One Piece as our #1. Oh and that drawing was really nice.
I'm a sucker when it comes to manga cause i don't really read much mangas. I think mainly its because i can't appreciate humour in manga, so i can't really suggest any manga to you. Well other then Samurai X and death note ,since you didn't mention here so i assume either you finished it or you didn't read it. Flame of Recca too, though i watched the anime instead of reading the manga.

Actually the guy in the avatar is the lead character in Persona 3. You're the 2nd person who said that it looks like Hibari. I first got it from a friend on MSN who said that the character was Hibari.She supposedly got the avatar after she googled Hibari. After looking at it after having it i realised that it wasn't Hibari. It was untill i saw someone with the same character as his avatar then i asked that person who the the character was. And thus that's how i knew it was the lead character from Persona 3. Its kind of ironic huh.
 
Last edited:

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

OK, first of all I find your art is great. I like the realistic works and your style is really cool!
Haven't seen you around here on the forum tbh, what are you modding? :?bunny
What kind of music do you listen to?
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

^ Nice. *high five* we both like One Piece as our #1. Oh and that drawing was really nice.
I'm a sucker when it comes to manga cause i don't really read much mangas. I think mainly its because i can't appreciate humour in manga, so i can't really suggest any manga to you. Well other then Samurai X and death note ,since you didn't mention here so i assume either you finished it or you didn't read it. Flame of Recca too, though i watched the anime instead of reading the manga.
High Five indeed! :)

I have seen the Samurai X and Death Note animes... but not the mangas. :p

OK, first of all I find your art is great. I like the realistic works and your style is really cool!
Haven't seen you around here on the forum tbh, what are you modding? :?bunny
What kind of music do you listen to?
Thank you for the compliments! :D

I spent a long time lurking on this website and then one day decided to partake in the discussions on the Reborn threads and soon after that they modded me for the Reborn section! :)

I make comments here and there on other sections... but Naruto, Bleach and One Piece your comments tend to get lost in the oceans of other comments, so I usually stick to commenting in the smaller mangas (ex. Reborn, Fairy Tale and Psyren)

I like all kinds of music really... but not the extremes of any. If that makes sense. :p

But if I had to choose a genre, it would be Rock. (ex. Muse, BRMC, Queens of the Stone Age... ect.)

Although I am a big Redman and Methodman fan as well... anything hip-hop, not gangsta gangsta. :)
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Actually the guy in the avatar is the lead character in Persona 3. You're the 2nd person who said that it looks like Hibari. I first got it from a friend on MSN who said that the character was Hibari.She supposedly got the avatar after she googled Hibari. After looking at it after having it i realised that it wasn't Hibari. It was untill i saw someone with the same character as his avatar then i asked that person who the the character was. And thus that's how i knew it was the lead character from Persona 3. Its kind of ironic huh.
*Jumps in the conversation*
I know the guy in your avatar is the lead in Persona 3 the moment i saw it. I am quite a gamer girl, and i played P3 some time ago :D

I saw your deviantart, Ghost-san. I like your gallery =D

Are you currently working in the creative industry?

P.S. i want to recommend Ouran High Host Club, it is super hilarious. :D You can start with the anime if you want to. The anime is a very good interpretation of the manga. Some of the humour are even funnier in the anime. I will recommend the Japansed dub rather than the English dub though...

I absolutely recommend Claymore and Vagabond =D
Vagabond is too awesome. Claymore has the most beautiful and badass girls ever...
 
Last edited:

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

I saw your deviantart, Ghost-san. I like your gallery =D

Are you currently working in the creative industry?
Thank you very much... I am not really in the creative industry, I would like to be, but it is not easy! :( I got my BA in Commercial Art - Illustration, but it is like trying to be a movie star... your are competing against ALOT of other people for good art jobs.

I have currently applied for the JET program this year and I am hoping to get in. Cause I have always wanted to visit/live in Japan and the other Asian countries. It gets boring staying in America... :p

So right now I just do art in my spare time. :)

and... Thank you for your recommendations as well I will give those a look!
 
Last edited:

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

^

I only read the introduction of the JET programme, sounds interesting (eventhough i actually don't really know what it is about). Hope you get in, good luck :)

One way to promote your works is... to enter competitions, i guess =D

Osamu Tezuka is amazing. I know some of his works are published in English (i forget the publisher). Buddha by Tezuka is one of the most mind blowing manga i have ever read, most of the mangas i had read pale in comparison to it. (in my opinion)... ok, i think i recommend too many mangas already. :)
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Thank you for your good luck casting! :p

The JET program is a program set up by the Japanese government in which they have countries that are first language English speaking, spend a year or more in Japan teaching English to the Japanese public schools.

It is a way to live abroad for a while and get cultured. :)

I would enter contests.... but I am really lazy and very good at procrastination, unless I have a real motivator going for me. It is something that I am trying to work on...
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Hello ghostexiled!

What are some of your likes & dislikes?
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Yo JinbeiDMaster!

You're hitting me with the broad stroke here, huh?

hrmmm...

Likes: art, manga, anime, all kinds of music, movies, open mindedness, sense of humor, steak, sleeping, daydreaming, thinking to much and some other things that I can't think of at the moment. :p

Dislikes: politics, close-mindedness, the extreme sides of any music genres, haters, brussel sprouts, unnecessary loud things, getting older and being sleepy. :)
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Just another ghost trying to be seen...

I like steaks as well hahaha :XD

Are you done with your christmas shopping?
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: Just another ghost trying to be seen...

Hello Ghost Budddy!

Never been here before. Hope all is good in life. Whats your favorite past time activity?
 
Top