ghostexiled's yaoi thread

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Now what?

Nothing really yet...

Hopefully I will stumble onto something soon.
 

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
5,080
Reaction score
2,366
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Now what?

Thanks Arro! :D

Sorry... my wording is a bit wrong.

I didn't get the job... they had informed me that they passed on hiring me for the job.
Gah! I read your other post and thought that they passed you on to other people for further review! Not that they dropped you :(. Well keep on trying, one day you'll end up where your supposed to be. :thumbs
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: Now what?

F**k, sad it is but its life. I can understand your feelings, I spent a year searching for a job before I got one. Although, it is has been longer in your case. Gotta have faith is all I can say. What about applying in foreign once you planned?
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Now what?

I wouldn't even know how to apply for an artist position in a foreign country...

I asked them if I could apply for a different art position and they said yes, but that I would have to do another art test.

So now I get to try and do this:


"1) CREATING A COW SPRITE IN ISOMETRIC VIEW:

The goal of this test is to create an isometric “sprite” – a 2D asset for use in a game project. The sprite should have a transparent background and may be drawn and submitted at any scale you like, but remember that for use in the game it would be reduced to about 64x64 pixels.

You may create this character as either vector art (Illustrator/Flash) or raster art (Photoshop)

Create a cow character for a project like Farmville or Harvest Moon. This game will be targeted at children so the character should be cartoony and cute/appealing with a strong outline and bright colors. It should not be “anthropomorphic” – (it should look and act like an animal, not human-like)

The sprite must be in isometric perspective:


The sprite should be facing southwest, with its head in the bottom left corner:


2) WALK ANIMATION:

With the character you designed in the 1st section, please make a short walking animation. It may be either Flash-style or “traditional” frame-by-frame” animation. If it is traditional animation it does not need to be more than 4-8 frames.

3) IDLE/PERSONALITY ANIMATION:

With the character you designed in the 1st section, please create a short idle animation. The cow should be standing still performing a simple action to give it some fun personality (examples: chewing cud, swatting flies with its tail, mooing, etc)"


I don't have that much experience in making sprites or animated things... so not sure how I will do on this.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: Now what?

That sounds like a lot of work ^^;;;;

They gave you a time frame to accomplish these tasks? Do you have a friend a who can guide/help you on these, considering you don't have much experience in making sprites etc.?
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Now what?

I have a week to get it done.

I don't know anyone that knows sprite animations.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: Now what?

Good luck...in that case, Google is your best friend.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Now what?

*revived*

Hey, ghost!

What's up?
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Now what?

Not much...

slowly losing my mind as I try to find work that isn't part-time retail.

How have you been doing?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Now what?

Good luck! :cheerbunny

Nothing much.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Now what?

Didn't you get a job some time ago? *is sooo out-dated on your life* :o

Fill me in bro *no homo*
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Now what?

nope... came close, but cigar.

I have been living the punch in and punch out life of part-time retail since the end of last summer.

I have been trying and applying my ass off to get a "REAL" job.

But no luck...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Now what?

But didn't you return to school during that time? Or did that not work out?
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Now what?

No Gary, I withdrew a few months back.

Turns out that I am really interested in Psych., just not enough to take the BS classes that I had to take.

I have loaded my resume into a machine gun and have been firing it off at any company that has anything remotely similar to what I am able to do.

Tonight (Monday) I ran into some old friends/classmates at a memorial service for my greatest mentor.

A few of them have helped me out in knowing where to concentrate my fire.

Hoping that something pans out from these new avenues.
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Now what?

correct you are...

Lets rephrase and say that I had the patience to go thru them when I was younger.

I can't successful go thru school without squeezing every last bit of effort into what I actually have the most passion in.

Art.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Now what?

I love BS classes, unless they're the type of BS classes that "are important" but really aren't... If you umm, catch my drift...
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Now what?

yeah well I had to take a bunch of useless classes and it didn't make me happy...

---------- Post added March 12, 2012 at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was March 06, 2012 at 05:33 AM ----------

For those following and for those that care, I am once again submitting another art sample to a local company that deal in making kid's menus and the such. I am applying for an illustrator position.

Anyway, take a look... let me know what ya think and wish me the most luck you have ever wished someone!!

I need it!

 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Wish me Luck part II... the return of the ulcer.

Looks very nice ghost!

As always you know you have our full support and we're all very much rooting for you to do well! :cheerbunny
 
Top