Fantasy - Gildarts Clive vs Makarov Dreyar | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Gildarts Clive vs Makarov Dreyar

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The battle between the 5th master of Fairy Tail, Gildarts and his successor, Makarov. Who is really the strongest mage in this guild?

This fight occurs after the time skip and is held at the Domus Flau Arena.
Both mages are at full strength and there is no time limit; the match is only won once the other mage is unconscious and cannot continue.

Who will win?

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Everyone keeps going on about how powerful Gildarts is, and he's undoubtedly impressive. But, I honestly have no idea how he'd defeat Makarov. Makarov just steps on him, or whips out the over-powered Fairy Law, presuming that's an option.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Everyone keeps going on about how powerful Gildarts is, and he's undoubtedly impressive. But, I honestly have no idea how he'd defeat Makarov. Makarov just steps on him, or whips out the over-powered Fairy Law, presuming that's an option.
I doubt Fairy Law would be an option. It only wipes the floor with enemies of the guild and Gildartz certainly isn't one.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
I doubt Fairy Law would be an option. It only wipes the floor with enemies of the guild and Gildartz certainly isn't one.
I thought it was enemies of the caster, although that probably wouldn't change things here. It is a rather over-powered magic, the only one that we've seen with the ability to match it is Purehito, and his answer seemed to be mutual destruction.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Remember Laxus back then. He couldn't think of Fairy Tail members as enemies either. Neither would Makarov. So it wouldn't work against Gildartz.

KingOfNight

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, even without Fairy Law, I'd still give this one to Makarov.

Gildarts primary fighting style if Hand to Hand combat. That's not going to end well for him against Makarov. Crush\Crash Magic hasn't been shown in full battle(since he never used it against Bluenote for some reason), but from what little we've seen, Makarov's light Magic is about five times more destructive than Crush\Crash.

In terms of pure Magic Power, Makarov is on a whole different level compared to any other character in the series(except Purehito).

KingOfNight

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Debatable and probably not the place for it, but there was a reason Makarov wanted Gildarts to take his place as leader, likely Makarov releasing he wasn't strong enough after being beaten so badly by hades , where Gildarts (and Laxus, who wasn't a guild member at the time) were doing jsut as well as him, if not better. Laxus will presumably get promoted to guild leader when Makarov finally retires, btu that'll likely be at the end of the series.
I moved the reply to a more appropriate thread.

It's not really debatable. Makarov choose him as a successor because his health was getting worse and his days are numbered. Gildarts didn't fight Hades and Laxus didn't put so much as a scratch on the guy. I will use the obvious argument once again, and that's Jura. He's painfully below Makarov but is still considered on par with Gildarts and Laxus.

Vasgoko

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Gildartz easy win. Makarov was strong and is strong but he can't help his old and frail body..

tarunraj

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Gidartz is sure winner why because i think he never use his full extent of power in any battle so far if he wanted he could destroyed any one with that magic of his but no he only use his fist.