Discussion - Gildarts Clive | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Gildarts Clive

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Gildarts will get a fight. There is no way you bring him back into an arc without giving him a proper fight. His role in the story is basically to provide awesomeness.

Gildarts + Jellal vs August. Cana assists with Fairy Glitter. That would be enough to satisfy the hype of all 4, even August.

Gildarts + Laxus would be awesome too. Opponents should die just looking at them :hip

GamerSkull

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I want Gildarts to get a fight soon. We've only seen him wreck fodder up to this point.

I don't think we've ever seen him go all out. :emocat

I'm hoping he has some sort of role in taking down August.

Last edited:

BrandyThema

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I think Gildarts is reserve for August, that's why we didn't see him do anything when he appeared. The strongest FT mage vs.The King of all magic. Now that's what I call hype :XD

It would be even more awesome if Laxus join him in that battle too :XD

tertonon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Actually i can't even describe Gildarts. There are some words like "awesome" but it's too obvious. Sorta like a guy you look up to.

BTW, thank you Hiro Mashima for giving this chapter without words about him.
It's where he met Natsu, accidently destroyed mountain, saved then blew village and etc.
That gave me a good laugh and pleasant feeling. Such a CLASSICAL adventure of Fairy Tail member.

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gildarts solos the spriggan 12, besides Dimaria. Though Crash was able to destroy light and a black hole both of which are non physical objects. He MIGHT be able to destroy Transport and the time magic around him.

Other than that, he bodies everyone. Look what happened to Irene who's supposedly on August level. Natsu would probably one shot him.

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Gildarts solos the spriggan 12, besides Dimaria. Though Crash was able to destroy light and a black hole both of which are non physical objects. He MIGHT be able to destroy Transport and the time magic around him.

Other than that, he bodies everyone. Look what happened to Irene who's supposedly on August level. Natsu would probably one shot him.
I do believe that Gildarts probably will be able to defeat Irene considering what happened in the past few chapters, but I want to say that natural light and natural black holes /=/ magical light and black holes. They obviously have different properties considering magical light and black hole are made from Ethernano whereas black hole is infinite gravity which is a non-contact force and light is an electromagnetic wave.

Tbh, Science shouldn't really be applied to fictional literature especially when its about magic since authors rarely include science in fantasy works and don't even think about them while writing their manga...

Gryffindor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
It'll be interesting to see what Hiro has planned for Gildarts. I doubt Hiro brought him back just to fight a Historia and foot soldiers. The obvious choice is that he will face August(Crash will most likely be a counter to make the defeat "logical"), but then there's also Jellal, who like Gildarts, hasn't been given a proper fight yet, neither has Natsu, but I doubt August is an option for him. Judging by the end of 517, it looks like Jellal's help to "protect Erza" won't be needed as Erza looks ready to roll. If Jellal doesn't help versus Irene then that gives him a role against August, a Jellal + Gildarts team-up looks awesome, but I don't think Hiro will go down that route. If anything, should Gildarts face August his team-up will be with Cana, it'll probably involve some father-daughter drama similar to the ship fights this arc. Should Jellal fight August, then the only option I see for Gildarts is a fight with Natsu presumably as END, which would be a nice touch to bring his relationship with Natsu into a bigger focus and would also serve to give Gildarts a high-quality opponent.

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
It'll be interesting to see what Hiro has planned for Gildarts. I doubt Hiro brought him back just to fight a Historia and foot soldiers. The obvious choice is that he will face August(Crash will most likely be a counter to make the defeat "logical"), but then there's also Jellal, who like Gildarts, hasn't been given a proper fight yet, neither has Natsu, but I doubt August is an option for him. Judging by the end of 517, it looks like Jellal's help to "protect Erza" won't be needed as Erza looks ready to roll. If Jellal doesn't help versus Irene then that gives him a role against August, a Jellal + Gildarts team-up looks awesome, but I don't think Hiro will go down that route. If anything, should Gildarts face August his team-up will be with Cana, it'll probably involve some father-daughter drama similar to the ship fights this arc. Should Jellal fight August, then the only option I see for Gildarts is a fight with Natsu presumably as END, which would be a nice touch to bring his relationship with Natsu into a bigger focus and would also serve to give Gildarts a high-quality opponent.
Gildarts solos August so I don't get why people keep placing him with another person who he would one shot.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I really wanted to see a full powered God Serena VS Gildarts fight.Gildarts himself was not sure and said he wanted to see who would win if he and God Serena clashed.

But sadly we will not see that fight.

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I just can not see Gildarts + Jellal or even Gildarts +Jellal+Cana take down August. Objectively, August should take Jellal down with even less dificulty than before(given how injured he is. Cana has only one good spell. Gildarts measured compared himself as similar to g. Serena in terms of all-around capacity in battle. August supposedly annihilates a g. Serena level opponent. I'm not even trying to be a fanboy here. It just doesn't add up if August is taken down by this trio(worst case is Gildarts soloing).

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I just can not see Gildarts + Jellal or even Gildarts +Jellal+Cana take down August. Objectively, August should take Jellal down with even less dificulty than before(given how injured he is. Cana has only one good spell. Gildarts measured compared himself as similar to g. Serena in terms of all-around capacity in battle. August supposedly annihilates a g. Serena level opponent. I'm not even trying to be a fanboy here. It just doesn't add up if August is taken down by this trio(worst case is Gildarts soloing).
I think August may be taken down by God Tier characters like Acnologia or Full powered END unless Hiro makes Jellal and CS get up and defeat August.

So Gildarts should have supportive role in the fight against Acnologia.But that if he can get of from pleasure.

Orgastthemage

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I think August may be taken down by God Tier characters like Acnologia or Full powered END unless Hiro makes Jellal and CS get up and defeat August.

So Gildarts should have supportive role in the fight against Acnologia.But that if he can get of from pleasure.
The way Hiro has set this up to be, it's hinting towards a Gildarts vs August duel.
Nevertheless, being taken down by acnologia would be awesome(especially if he lands a few hits on human acnologia).
I would much rather like it if Gildarts would fight an out of control Natsu.

Laxus chan-yo

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Guys plz stahp :epicfacepalm

Irene was stated to be close to August and she'll get taken out by Wendy and Erza which is a heck of a lot weaker than a combo of Gildarts/Jellal/Glitter.

You are only setting yourself for disappointment if you don't taper your expectations of non-main villains like August. Mashima makes them seem like mountains and completely throws all that out the water during the final fight. I'll just be happy if Gildarts doesn't solo myself but even that isn't out realm of the realm of possibility :m3j

Zelefomavis

Reaction score
Country
France
Guys plz stahp :epicfacepalm

Irene was stated to be close to August and she'll get taken out by Wendy and Erza which is a heck of a lot weaker than a combo of Gildarts/Jellal/Glitter.

You are only setting yourself for disappointment if you don't taper your expectations of non-main villains like August. Mashima makes them seem like mountains and completely throws all that out the water during the final fight. I'll just be happy if Gildarts doesn't solo myself but even that isn't out realm of the realm of possibility :m3j

The worst would be ig Gildartz solo August off panel lol,and then acno comes and one shots him

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gildarts does not confirm he's the same level as God Serena. Historias do not give off magic, Gildarts could only give him the benefit of the doubt when judging his real power.

He told God Serena that he wanted to see who would come out on top at his real strength. That doesn't mean Gildarts is the same level as him.

God Serena at full strength used his cave dragon slaying magic which is nothing in comparison to what Gildarts can do with crash. He has projectile magic which can easily be canceled out with crash.

All Gildarts has to do is use dissambely magic and his opponents is split into weaker versions of themselves. That headbutt could've easily been a hand fused with dissambely and poof.