Shounen Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki

emobread

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Gintama Discussion

*hops in*

I first would like to say thanks for everyone who scanned, translated, edited and uploaded all volumes and chapters! <3

Now... I'm not sure who joined the Gintama LJ com (I know Bomber D Rufi does), so:

Raws, translations & Edited Mangas index

I've updated my list on all chapters edited or just translated on the Gintama LJ (it was previously locked, now everyone can see it). Hopefully, this will be helpful to anyone who wants to edit or just read Gintama.

It is as complete as I could, but I may have missed a chapter or something, so please notify me!
(I do know I'm missing a few translations, according to Silver Sea's post! D:)

I intend to make a back-up of everyone's chapters (they are sitting on my desktop, and are slightly modified by their filenames, rezipped because it didn't work with PicWalker, and I remember resizing one chapter because the editor forgot to - otherwise, they're the same, I didn't change anything). However, my router is still hating me - I haven't figured out why I can't upload on my FTP. Anyway, I own vplus.free.fr, if anyone wondered - but I only did that, uploading the raws.

/shameless plug

I strongly recommend to register on MangaTraders, that's where I got most of my files. :D
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

K....K...Kaguraaaaaaaaaaaa!

第二百十二訓 晴れの日に雨傘さす奴には御用心
Lesson 212: Beware of guys who use umbrellas on sunny days.

晴太に刺さったクナイは銀時がはじき返して刺さってやつだった
Picking up from last time, Gintoki failed to protect Seita who has a kunai sticking out of his head.

月詠は偽者の吸盤付きのクナイを刺して殺したフリをして銀時達を逃がしてくれる。
However it seems like Tsukuyo was using a plastic kunai,so Seita is ok. She instead tells Gintoki to run away with him.

銀時達を逃がすように命令したのは日輪太夫だった。
Gintoki and the gang get away, just as Hinowa appears.

子供の頃から月詠は日輪の事を慕っている。
Tsukuyo had yearned to be like Hinowa, even when she was younger.


日輪は晴太を人質にされ、ずっと吉原で働かされていた。
Apparently the boss guy is using Seita's life to keep Hinowa hostage in Yoshiwara.


月詠が吉原の成り立ちや日輪の過去について話終わると、そこに傘を持った人物が現れる。
それに対して神楽「・・・傘 まさか…あれっ・・・!?」と反応する。
After Tsukuyo is finished talking about her past, A man with an umbrella appears, and Kagura in shock recognizes him. "That Umbrella....It can't be!" she says with a surprised face.

今週はここで終わり。日輪の過去話はちょい説明すんのが難しい。
And thats it. The spoiler poster says that Hinowa's past is really complicated to explain...(Will it be complicated to translate then?)

pics at gintama lj. community.livejournal.com/gintama.

Oniichaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
 
Last edited:

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

:o

I was wondering when that would finally happen.
 

ikuroi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
478
Reaction score
75
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Re: Gintama Discussion

Finally we'll see how Kaguras brother is, who appearntly is stronger than her father!
 

pirate-hitman:L

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
191
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

Wasn't he mentioned in, like, chapter 52?
And he cut off his father's arm?
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

Gintama just gets better and better!

第二百十三訓 見開き使うとジャンプっぽい
Lesson 213: Using two whole pages together is so jump like.



薄汚い夜兎のオッサン登場。月詠の攻撃にも余裕の表情。
すると今度は下からゴツイ夜兎のオッサン登場。
ゴツイ方が晴太を捕まえる。神楽がそいつに襲いかかる。
すると神楽兄が見開きで登場。神楽を傘でぶっ倒す。
銀時達も足場が崩れて下に落ちてしまう。夜兎3人はそのまま晴太を連れ去っていく。
The person that appeared at the end of last week's chapter is actually a dirty old man Yato. (Oh Sorachi....) He attacks Tsukuyo, and when it looks bad for her, Kagura jumps in and starts to fight back. But then her brother REALLY shows up and easily defeats her with one umbrella swing. Then he, the old yato and another yato clansmen all take Seita and escape.



3人の夜兎は春雨のメンバー。そして吉原のボス・夜王鳳仙は夜兎の王と呼ばれた男。
海坊主と並び称される程の実力者だとか。
しかし神楽が言うには、鳳仙よりも兄貴の方がヤバいらしい。
今週はここで終わり
The three yato are actually part of the Harusame. (Hoshit are we getting Takasugi involvement then too?! O_O) They call Housen the 'King of the Yato' Housen compares Kagura's brother's strength to Umibozu and says that Kagura's bro could easily beat him. However Housen goes on to say that if he had to fight against Kagura seriously, that he'd get his ass beat. Thats it for this week.

道産子友達から蟹とイクラを
貰いました。GW明けに何で
すが北海道帰りてぇ!<英秋>

I got some crab and salmon from a friend in Hokkaido during Golden Week, Man do I wish i could head up there myself! (Sorachi's comment.)

Man I hope that Sunrise gets this far in the anime! as usual, pics are at the Gintama LJ. community.livejournal.com/gintama.
 

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

Takasugi??? Holy shit, yes! :D
 

Sakata Gintoki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
21
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Gintama Discussion

Hi guys! Emobread, I´m seeing you´re collecting all Gintama raws. I radomly found one web which has online all Gintama raws and the databook (which lacks Zura and Shinshengumi :facepalm), but they´re in chinese.

Here is the url: http://www.cococomic.com/Comic/78/

BTW Anyone of you know chinese? I would like the two pages about Gin-san of Gintama´s databook being translated from chinese to english, please!

The images are big, so I put them in the spoiler:


PD:
Housen said Kagura is stronger than Kagura´s bro? O_O
 
Last edited:

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

^ Ugh, you weren't kidding when you said big. Just give the links next time--everybody still downloads the images even if they're under a cut.
 

mayora13

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
20
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

I hope that this is a good long arc. And I wouldn't mind seeing some Shinsengumi thrown into the mix. But the brother looks a lot like Sougo, I was pretty sure on the flashback he had black hair.
 

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

I hope that this is a good long arc. And I wouldn't mind seeing some Shinsengumi thrown into the mix. But the brother looks a lot like Sougo, I was pretty sure on the flashback he had black hair.
Yeah, didn't he have a long black braid?
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

He did, but I wouldn't be surprised if he appeared SO long ago that Sorachi forgot what he looked like. That sometimes happens.....
 

ikuroi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
478
Reaction score
75
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Re: Gintama Discussion

I don't think that he forgot what he originally thought of, come on it's his manga... he just might have come up with a better character design. I wish Kaguras brother would meet Okita, that would be pretty funny. I guess he should pretty strong, her brother that is to say... he ripped the baldies arm out.
 

mayora13

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
20
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

the anime creators used black hair too. Dont you think that they must have ask sorachi about it? And I really would like him to meet sougo.
 

Sakata Gintoki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
21
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Gintama Discussion

Ey guys, I wonder if anyone is going to do the Edited Mangas of chapters 50-86 :cry (is easy and quick! Almost all these chapters are already in the anime subbed episodes by Rumbel :darn)
 

spades

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
100
Reaction score
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Gintama Discussion

well..maximum7 said they doin it..not sure if they still gonna do it tho
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

It's that time of week again! And I'm so happy that this arc is sparking Gintama interest! Let's get Gintama popular so that Gintoki can finally hang out with Ichigo and Luffy! You know that would make him happy ^^

Kagura's brother's name is...well to be honest I can't really tell what 神威 says. I checked a few dictionaries, and the only one that kind of fits is 'Shini' which means 'God's authority.'That doesn't sound right though, so lets wait until the chapter appears.

Anyway! Aniki (His temporary name) Actually has no intention of handing Seita over to Housen, because he still hasn't learned his lesson from what happened with Umibozu years earlier. He wants to fight Housen mano a mano, so he dangles Seita in front of him and challenges him to a fight.

What Aniki DOESN'T know is that Umibozu and Housen fought a long time ago and their battle ended in a draw. (Dear God, I think I'm more scared of Housen than Takasugi now.)

Gintoki and the others decide that if they have to destroy Yoshiwara to get Seita back they will.

End of chapter.

check out the Gintama LJ community.livejournal.com/gintama for pics.
 

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
Re: Gintama Discussion

thanks for the spoilers!!!!

sounds like an awesome chapter :D

as for the name:

Matches in English-main:
神威 (しんい) (n) god's authority; might of Heaven;
Matches in Japanese Names:
神威 (かむい) Kamui (p,f);
神威 (かもい) Kamoi (p,s);
Matches in Japanese Places:
神威 (かむい) Kamui (loc);
神威 (かもい) Kamoi (loc);
is what my dictionary says ^^;
 

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

I'm guessing Kamui.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

Thanks ^^ Chapter title just appeared too.

第二百十四訓
時の流れとは残酷そのものだ 

Lesson 214
Harshness is the flow of time itself.

Kamui it is! Fits with 'Kagura' too.
 
Top