Fantasy GMG Jellal VS Future Rogue

GMG Jellal VS Future Rogue


  • Total voters
    29

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Jellal
Heavenly Body Magic
Future Rogue
Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic
Shadow White Dragon Mode
My Take is Future Rogue will win this Fight Mid To High Difficulty.
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Jellal takes this with medium diff.

Future Rogue sure isn't weak, but Jellal's spells are incredible powerful. I think Jellal can take him down with Grand Chariot followed by Sema.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Jellal takes this with medium diff.

Future Rogue sure isn't weak, but Jellal's spells are incredible powerful. I think Jellal can take him down with Grand Chariot followed by Sema.
But He Can become Shadow and Escape From The Area.After all It will take some time to Charge in that Moment Future Rogue Can Attack.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This is a very interesting battle in my opinion but there is still quite a difference in their powers.
  • Future Rogue > GMG Jellal [Easy-Medium Difficulty]
The reason to my claim is that Future Rogue is from the future which he should, in theory, be stronger than anyone from the GMG arc. He is from so far into the future that even the Tartaros characters will fail to kill him. The Spriggans probably has the power to beat him because of their true strengths but it won't be an easy fight either.

Additionally, we saw Future Rogue one shot Future Lucy while he was also known to be responsible for Future Sting's death. That is quite a feat in itself because if we were to hype Lucy and Sting to be strong in the current arc, think about the capabilities of their future selves. Even Crime Sorcière was after the 'extraordinary power' coming from the GMG stadium whom they mistakened to be on the level of Zeref's power when it was just Future Lucy. Remember, Future Rogue > Future Lucy. Not to mention, Natsu couldn't kill Future Rogue. Instead, he hit him back into the Eclipse Gate.

Now, I would agree that this Future Rogue is technically just "Rogue" who we know is far weaker than GMG Jellal or even the Main Fairy Tail Characters... But as I've always emphasized in my previous posts on other threads, timeframe always matters. If this were Alvarez Jellal, I'd admit it would be a very close and decisive fight.
 
Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I'd give this one to Jellal. He is one of the strongest mages we've had in the story, and although Future Rogue is incredibly powerful, Jellal also has a few aces up his sleeve that he can fall back on if he has to, and assuming its a fight to the death he can cat Altiaris which steals away life. On the other hand, we never saw Future Rogue go all out, and the same can actually be said about Jellal as well. So Jellal would take this high difficulty to me.

Additionally, we saw Future Rogue one shot Future Lucy while he was also known to be responsible for Future Sting's death. That is quite a feat in itself because if we were to hype Lucy and Sting to be strong in the current arc, think about the capabilities of their future selves. Even Crime Sorcière was after the 'extraordinary power' coming from the GMG stadium whom they mistakened to be on the level of Zeref's power when it was just Future Lucy. Remember, Future Rogue > Future Lucy. Not to mention, Natsu couldn't kill Future Rogue. Instead, he hit him back into the Eclipse Gate.
I'm pretty sure it was a case of Future Lucy's magic was pinging evil for them due to her emerging from the Eclipse Gate, rather than her power being great or somewhat like Zeref's to set them off.
 

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
1,684
Gender
Male
Country
South Africa
Rogue would win this fairly easily, he was practically playing around with an angry Natsu as if he was nothing, he only took hits because he didn't take Natsu seriously because if he did he would just have used DF and beat everyone who was fighting against him, Rogue might have been above
Mard Geer lvl and lost because of his stupidity
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I actually can't remember the fight that well, but I've always held Future Rogue in the same regard as Mard Geer or Hades. Basically because his DS magic was advanced enough to control dragons, and that he once tried the subjugation magic on Acnologia. The last point mightn't be a biggie, but considering he got close enough to try it and didn't lose limbs like Gildarts I kinda felt that it was a noteworthy feat. These things tell me F.Rogue is a very advanced wizard, and his performance iirc against Natsu backed it up. But Jellal isn't a pushover, really apart from Spriggan's I can't see anyone smashing GMG Jellal. So I give this to FRogue high diff, based on my classing of him as Mard level.
 

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
1,684
Gender
Male
Country
South Africa
Just finished reading that fight again and Natsu only landed 1 hit that's thanks to Atlas Flame who used his hell fire flame dragon claw push move to propel Natsu and after he rammed Rogue and Motherglare on eclipse gate, they just got lucky or Rogue would have killed them all.
Natsu was no match at all for Rogue
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'd give this one to Jellal. He is one of the strongest mages we've had in the story, and although Future Rogue is incredibly powerful, Jellal also has a few aces up his sleeve that he can fall back on if he has to, and assuming its a fight to the death he can cat Altiaris which steals away life. On the other hand, we never saw Future Rogue go all out, and the same can actually be said about Jellal as well. So Jellal would take this high difficulty to me.



I'm pretty sure it was a case of Future Lucy's magic was pinging evil for them due to her emerging from the Eclipse Gate, rather than her power being great or somewhat like Zeref's to set them off.
Maybe or maybe not. I personally believe Future Lucy's magic was not evil just because she was from the Eclipse Gate because that wouldn't make sense. Only Future Rogue was 'evil'. Anyways, I kind of see your point because it seemed that there was an implication that Future Lucy was evil especially in this panel.

However, if you were to read on, I really think Future Lucy's power was supposedly great because of this panel. Plus, like I said, she came from the future so it only makes sense. Crime Sorcière probably didn't accurately depict her true power but the fact that they said it is similar to Zeref's power tells us something.
 
Last edited:

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Maybe or maybe not. I personally believe Future Lucy's magic was not evil just because she was from the Eclipse Gate because that wouldn't make sense. Only Future Rogue was 'evil'. Anyways, I kind of see your point because it seemed that there was an implication that Future Lucy was evil especially in this panel.

However, if you were to read on, I really think Future Lucy's power was supposed great because of this panel. Plus, like I said, she came from the future so it only makes sense. Crime Sorcière probably didn't accurately depict her true power but the fact that they said it is similar to Zeref's power tells us something.
Imo Future Lucy is the same as GMG Lucy. In F.Lucy's timeline she passed out during the 10000 dragon invasion, and woke up some days later, then went back thru eclipse. So she's not from the future like Rogue is who came from 7 years in the future. The timeline is this.

I think Jellal is sensing of Lucy is something to do with Eclipse. CS thought Chelia might have something to do with Zeref's magic too. I don't think they can really tell what Zeref's magic is, but anything that is peculiar or dark in nature they might be alarmed by it.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Maybe or maybe not. I personally believe Future Lucy's magic was not evil just because she was from the Eclipse Gate because that wouldn't make sense. Only Future Rogue was 'evil'. Anyways, I kind of see your point because it seemed that there was an implication that Future Lucy was evil especially in this panel.

However, if you were to read on, I really think Future Lucy's power was supposed great because of this panel. Plus, like I said, she came from the future so it only makes sense. Crime Sorcière probably didn't accurately depict her true power but the fact that they said it is similar to Zeref's power tells us something.
You also have to remember that this Lucy came to the past from only a few days in the future, where as Future Rogue came from 7 years in the future. Hiro even drew a timeline for this in another chapter. So Future Lucy who is from a few days after the GMG can't really be as powerful as Zeref, but the quality of her magic, like good or evil, could've been thrown off because of the eclipse, which I believe it was. So that said, Lucy getting one-shotted by Rogue from 7 years in the future when this is basically the same Lucy isn't that impressive.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Imo Future Lucy is the same as GMG Lucy. In F.Lucy's timeline she passed out during the 10000 dragon invasion, and woke up some days later, then went back thru eclipse. So she's not from the future like Rogue is who came from 7 years in the future. The timeline is this.

I think Jellal is sensing of Lucy is something to do with Eclipse. CS thought Chelia might have something to do with Zeref's magic too. I don't think they can really tell what Zeref's magic is, but anything that is peculiar or dark in nature they might be alarmed by it.
You also have to remember that this Lucy came to the past from only a few days in the future, where as Future Rogue came from 7 years in the future. Hiro even drew a timeline for this in another chapter. So Future Lucy who is from a few days after the GMG can't really be as powerful as Zeref, but the quality of her magic, like good or evil, could've been thrown off because of the eclipse, which I believe it was. So that said, Lucy getting one-shotted by Rogue from 7 years in the future when this is basically the same Lucy isn't that impressive.
My mistake. You guys are correct in saying that Future Lucy and Future Rogue are actually from different timelines. However, after re-reading the chapters, I also came upon another point that I overlooked. The power they were sensing wasn't even Future Lucy's. It was Future Rogue. That explains why there was a slight resemblance between Future Rogue's and Zeref's power in my opinion.

I don't think the power of good and evil had anything to do with this but I do concede with the fact that you guys linked the power they were sensing to the Eclipse. From the way the manga was worded, I still happen to think Future Rogue was capable of possessing an immense amount of magic which was claimed to be similar to Zeref.

 
Last edited:

Mirage

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
472
Reaction score
541
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Jellal at a good mid diff.

Jellal has better everything. DC, speed, durability.
 

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
1,684
Gender
Male
Country
South Africa
Jellal at a good mid diff.

Jellal has better everything. DC, speed, durability.
No, he has nothing over Rogue.
Natsu couldn't even land 1 hit on Rogue, and as we have seen DS have over the top DC the only thing we could say he has Rogue beat on is durability but scaling would suggest Rogue is above him on that too, Rogue was probably stronger than anyone in that city he only lost thanks to PIS and CIS if not for that no one would have been able to beat him, he was that powerful
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Once again, I'm sorry for my confusing posts. Future Rogue and Future Lucy obviously does not have power even close to Zeref. That was a miscalculation by Crime Sorcière due to the magic power linked from Zeref's magic to the Eclipse Gate. This, however, still does not negate the fact that Future Rogue had a lot of magical power. First, LFD Natsu couldn't even defeat him. Second, he killed Future Sting who lived 7 years after the timeline of the GMG Arc. To put this into context, Alvarez Sting + Rogue are only about 1 year ahead of themselves since the GMG Arc. However, I think this was skewed a little so it might not really count as hardcore evidence or proof.
 
Last edited:

Mirage

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
472
Reaction score
541
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
No, he has nothing over Rogue.
Natsu couldn't even land 1 hit on Rogue, and as we have seen DS have over the top DC the only thing we could say he has Rogue beat on is durability but scaling would suggest Rogue is above him on that too, Rogue was probably stronger than anyone in that city he only lost thanks to PIS and CIS if not for that no one would have been able to beat him, he was that powerful
Let's see here.

Durability:
- F. Rogue tanked a LF attack from Natsu.
- Jellal tanked two DF hits from Natsu, and this was Pre 1st TS.


Speed:
- F. Rogue outspeeding Base Natsu I guess? His shadow form is everything.
- Jellal was outspeeding DF Natsu. Jellal easily ran circles around Jura with Meteor, something Laxus couldn't even do, and Laxus > F. Rogue in every stat. Jellal was reacting to Racer without Meteor and blitzed him with Meteor.

DC:
F. Rogue has nothing.
Jellal has Sema.

Yeah, such a close matchup.

Though choice..
 

Jackin

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 22, 2016
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Age
35
Country
Jersey
Let's see here.

Durability:
- F. Rogue tanked a LF attack from Natsu.
- Jellal tanked two DF hits from Natsu, and this was Pre 1st TS.


Speed:
- F. Rogue outspeeding Base Natsu I guess? His shadow form is everything.
- Jellal was outspeeding DF Natsu. Jellal easily ran circles around Jura with Meteor, something Laxus couldn't even do, and Laxus > F. Rogue in every stat. Jellal was reacting to Racer without Meteor and blitzed him with Meteor.

DC:
F. Rogue has nothing.
Jellal has Sema.

Yeah, such a close matchup.

Though choice..
When did Jellal tank Two hits from DF? He was enduring was he not?
Other than that statement,I agreed with the rest of what you said.
 

Mirage

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
472
Reaction score
541
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
When did Jellal tank Two hits from DF? He was enduring was he not?
Other than that statement,I agreed with the rest of what you said.
You can go back and look at the fight, he tanked two DF hits before going down by the final attack. I would link the pages but I'm busy right now.

Tanking is generally known as just taking a hit and being able to fight afterwards. Lots of people get confused with the definition.
 

Jackin

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 22, 2016
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Age
35
Country
Jersey
You can go back and look at the fight, he tanked two DF hits before going down by the final attack. I would link the pages but I'm busy right now.

Tanking is generally known as just taking a hit and being able to fight afterwards. Lots of people get confused with the definition.
I know he took on two fights from DF Natsu but seemed to be in a lot of pain afterwards, and I think he was knocked out for a short bit.
My definition of tanking is usually taking on an attack with little to no injuries. While Enduring is generally known of what you said.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Let's see here.

Durability:
- F. Rogue tanked a LF attack from Natsu.
- Jellal tanked two DF hits from Natsu, and this was Pre 1st TS.


Speed:
- F. Rogue outspeeding Base Natsu I guess? His shadow form is everything.
- Jellal was outspeeding DF Natsu. Jellal easily ran circles around Jura with Meteor, something Laxus couldn't even do, and Laxus > F. Rogue in every stat. Jellal was reacting to Racer without Meteor and blitzed him with Meteor.

DC:
F. Rogue has nothing.
Jellal has Sema.

Yeah, such a close matchup.

Though choice..
Tanking has such wide scope under your definition. Mard tanked a LFD attack and a DF attack, but it's clear that only the DF attack did any damage. Rogue wasn't damaged but Jellal was. You either compare durability thru the amount of damage they took by an equivalent attack or how big of an attack they took while taking equivalent damage. If that's impossible then you can scale or judge, but from the feats you gave it's either even or in Rogue's favour.

Jellal meteor got caught by DF Natsu. I think Meteor is faster than FRogue, but it's not much of a difference. It's not enough for Jellal to dominate the fight.
 
Top