Shounen - Go-Toubun no Hanayome by Haruba Negi | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Go-Toubun no Hanayome by Haruba Negi

JOA20

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Itsuki's issue has not really been solved. I know she doesn't want to worry Futarou but that's his job. Futarou himself should have asked to see all of this, I guess he is too busy about the festival.
He's doing two part-time jobs (bakery and cake shop) plus tutoring Ichika twice a week besides the usual tutoring sessions and studying by himself, I'm actually surprised he doesn't seem overworked yet.
Nino's thoughts about Maruo are cute. They still don't know that he is the reason why they could visit their grandpa and also the reason they are in the same class. He'll definitely appear during this festival.
Yeah, I also think he'll say something that may trigger the revelation of Yotsuba's secret. Not to mention there has to be some conflict between Maruo and Fuutarou for the stepfather not to come to his daughter's wedding.
Miku gets a date. Will be a good way to gauge how her current relationship is with Futarou since we didn't get to see them much when they were baking together.

Is something big, unexpected going to happen? We have the Ordinary Days Continue and the Ordinary Days Start Changing, the Ordinary Days Change next? :hmm

Ichika's "departure" was the biggest change to their daily lives but the issue was solved in Chapter 95 and the thin about daily lives continuing was in Chapter 96. So, who will be at the center this time? Yotsuba?
I guess Fuutarou will start to get active or something, so far he's been passive when it comes to love stuff. Itsuki advised him not to rely on that book but to try doing what he feels like doing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Seems like we'll get some backstory on Isanari and Maruo soon. So they knew each other even before Yotsuba and Fuutarou met in Kyoto?
An aquarium date? Color me impressed, I thought Miku and Fuutarou were going shopping for the festival. Looks like Miku's turn is over, from now on it's Fuutarou's time to move.
That Itsuki double spread was very well drawn. Fuutarou has decided to do something regarding Miku's feelings, I wonder what he's planning.
Finally it's time for the Sunrise Festival. Yotsuba's going to help the theatre club? I don't see it going well, with her crappy acting skills.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Miku is so cute. I am not sure what's going to happen now that it's Futarou's turn. I doubt something like a rejection can happen at this point, seems too early to me.

The quints(with Ichika and Itsuki being less relevant), Futarou and his family, Maruo. This festival should be fun.

Very curious to see Yotsuba acting. I hope she'll reveal that she was the one he met as a kid somehow. I am kinda tired of this being hidden.

JOA20

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Whoa, he said it. Negi sure loves to tease a harem ending despite clearly stating it won't happen. Pretty surprised by Fuutarou's declaration here, though I believe he'll end up saying he can't date anyone until graduation. It looks like he's pushing himself, I wouldn't be surprised if he collapsed before the end of the festival. Idol Nino was a sight to behold.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Some of Futarou's decisions have been really weird lately. Nino and Miku are the ones who confessed and he is certain of their feelings, but he called the five sisters like this... He has an answer? Isn't it too early to confess? Anyway, it would have been better to do that at the end of the festival. Some of the quints will probably behave strangely because of this(I am thinking Yotsuba and Nino).

Chaos at the end of the first day... Maruo has been painted as an antagonist from times to times but he isn't that bad. I think we'll see the quints's biological father in this festival.

Time skip, the bad event of D1 not mentioned, Takebayashi appears and knew the Nakano were quintuplets for some reason, Yotsuba's getting closer and closer to revealing the truth. And suddenly another time skip. We didn't even get to see the play or Maruo(or was it him who stopped the camera?)

After all of this it would be rather disappointing to return to status quo IMO. I am hoping for something substantial.

JOA20

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Negi's choices are confusing me as of lately. It seems that he's going to explain what happened at the end of Day One and the whole Day Three of the festival through flashbacks. Takebayashi's one-off appearance was quite exceptional, she pretty much showed the quintuplets who's boss, only Itsuki managed to give a mature response. Too bad that Ichika wasn't there or that Yotsuba got interrupted, it would've been a sight to see.

Whooo boy, so we'll see the festival from all quints' persepectives, and in multiple parts no less? That means the festival will continue in volume 13. That's a lot of stuff.
Ichika knew about the bell kiss? I don't think she witnessed the event (if she did, though... Miku's chances skyrocket, since Ichika went out of her way to undermine the middle quint's efforts), and the likelihood of her being the girl is sorta low for me. I believe she heard the sound of the bell, but didn't realize what it meant until much later (maybe when she saw the photo? That might explain why she asked Yotsuba to form a group with her and Fuutarou, to keep her under watch).
Had to laugh when the child talked about the drama with sisters fighting over one guy, it was like a warning to Fuutarou. I refuse to believe he sent the mail to all sisters by mistake, but his answer will definitely change by the end of the festival.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This arc will be very long, with a chapter like this it means there will be nine other chapters at least. I don't believe that Futarou sent that message by mistake, nor do I believe what he told her at the end.

That kiss was definitely not seen by the others, I don't see how that would make sense. Either Ichika is the one who kissed him or she wanted to confirm that Nino had really kissed him. That's how I see it. With an arc this long my expectations are rising even more.

After the second part of Ichika's side I wonder who will be next, most likely Itsuki or Miku then Nino I guess? Yotsuba was busy the second day and her play is the third day? I am now certain that the guy who stopped Tsubame or Tsubaki was Maruo. During D2, Nino, Miku and Itsuki seem to have more free time. If that's the day Maruo is coming then the next one will be either Itsuki or Nino probably.

JOA20

Reaction score
Country
Italy
After the second part of Ichika's side I wonder who will be next
I don't believe we'll get Ichika's part 2 next, since she's at the festival on the final day despite saying that she might not be able to come. Unless you mean that we'll get Day 2 and 3 from Ichika's perspective before the other quints'.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't believe we'll get Ichika's part 2 next, since she's at the festival on the final day despite saying that she might not be able to come. Unless you mean that we'll get Day 2 and 3 from Ichika's perspective before the other quints'.
I don't know how Negi will handle the time but the next chapter should definitely be the second part of this chapters since there is a 1 in the title. We know she wasn't here D2. So he'll probably focus on what she did the rest of D1 then skip to D3. Or it'll be like you said.

Ichika! :hearts This might be one of my favorites of this series, if not my favorite. The more I read their recent interactions the more I start to believe that Futarou is into her. But maybe my bias is affecting my judgement too much :p.

Very curious to see how the other POV chapters will compare to this one.

Great chapter :wtf. The girl who collapsed must be Yotsuba.

Last edited:

JOA20

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Very nice chapter. Ichika has finally accepted that she still likes Fuutarou (lately it seemed like she was trying to deny her feelings out of guilt for what she did in Sisters' War), and Fuutarou does treat her differently from Nino and Miku. At this point the only one who can top the eldest is Itsuki, I think (Yotsuba has a strong card but if she's the one who's hospitalized Fuutarou sure doesn't act like he's worried about her).

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Nino's side now. I guess it'll be in birth order.

Isanari, Maruo and Shimoda were classmates. I thought about that while rereading the chapters not too long ago so I am not really surprised.

I still think Yotsuba is the one who collapsed.

JOA20

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Whoops, seems like I forgot to comment about chapter 103. Not that it wasn't interesting, but compared to the previous one it obviously felt lacking. I'm not too sure I want to see Fuutarou kiss all quints before he makes his decision. Yeah, Yotsuba is almost certainly the one who collapsed at this point. Looking forward to Fuutarou and Maruo's confrontation, it's about time the quints find out about their stepfather banning their tutor from having any romantic relationships with them.
On a side note, volume 11 sold almost double than Nanatsu's vol. 38 in their first week. That's just... wow.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I am 100% sure that he won't get a kiss from all the quints. I doubt there will even be another one.

Huh, another kiss... Maybe I was wrong after all :sweatdrop.
Good chapter, the discussion between Maruo and Rena makes me think that he never confessed?

About the kisses, I guess it'll happen with everyone or everyone but Itsuki now.

JOA20

Reaction score
Country
Italy
So Nino kissed Fuutarou before Ichika did? I liked Maruo's flashback. We've yet to know what happened at the end of Day 1 and which quint collapsed at the end of Day 2. I really can't imagine Itsuki kissing Fuutarou on purpose, so I guess in her case it'll be an accident. Let's see what Miku and Yotsuba do first.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Ichika is the last person he met D2 so if all the others kissed him then she was the last. I hope I won't get tired with chapters following such a pattern. With Nino's daddy issues solved I hope it'll be the same for Yotsuba regarding her identity. Now that Ichika's side is over, her side is the one I want to see the most.

JOA20

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Ichika is the last person he met D2 so if all the others kissed him then she was the last. I hope I won't get tired with chapters following such a pattern. With Nino's daddy issues solved I hope it'll be the same for Yotsuba regarding her identity. Now that Ichika's side is over, her side is the one I want to see the most.
What about Day 3, though?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What about Day 3, though?
D3 is the day he tells them about his choice and we have seen D1 and D2 for Ichika and Nino. With Ichika giving him the final push to choose one of them. Which means that even after everything that happened in these two days he was still planning to reject all the sisters.

I think we'll see D1 and D2 for the others and D3 will be without these POV chapters, in real time. He'll spend more time with them as a group, at least until he makes his choice. We know Ichika will be free, the one who collapsed should be free as well. I am expecting them all to be free D3.

Looks like Miku might be the one who collapsed after all... Is Maeda already in a relationship with Matsui? If not, I guess it'll happen the third day.

JOA20

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I doubt Miku collapsed also at the end of Day 2, unless she's sick (she wasn't working in the stall during Day 2). Wonder how the fire will affect Yotsuba since she was the one who did the safety inspection.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
And Miku's kiss ends up being the most aggressive of all. Decent chapter. It confirms that she wasn't the one who collapsed.

If the second parts all have scenes similar to Futarou's moments with the featured quint then it's going to be Itsuki? Collapse from food poisoning? :XD

JOA20

Reaction score
Country
Italy
And thus Miku surpasses even Nino. Now it's time for the two quints who have yet to join the bowl. Ichika's parallel was the fireworks, Nino's the bike, Miku's the rooftop. Itsuki is probably the one who collapsed, her parallel should be the hospital visit. As for Yotsuba, if there are no swings then it's gotta be the "confession" of chapter 21.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yotsuba's turn now. Outside of the class unlike the three others so she must be the one who came late. She is indeed the one who collapsed and worked too hard again... She looked great in that Maou outfit.

I guess that when Maruo got a call it was because of her. Just like Miku the second part should have D3 events.