Discussion Gray Fullbuster Thread

Tinitus

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
69
Reaction score
37
Age
28
Country
Georgia
In feats Gray is below Erza. That should be obvious to anyone who reads the manga.

From an opinion standpoint, I believe Gray will surpass Erza later in the manga.

Anways, I don't care much power ranking characters and all that because Mashima is so inconsistent in it. So I tend to just enjoy the overall character, the comedy and the overall plot. Power is just secondary to me.
 

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
Eeh Gray doesn't have the feats because he hasn't gone all out, I think portyal puts Gray above Erza in this arc anyways. Gray is portrayed on Natsu's level and Natsu is above Erza. Not to mention Erza's arsenal hasn't improved much while Gray has some trump card he hasn't used yet.
 

Tinitus

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
69
Reaction score
37
Age
28
Country
Georgia
1) How strong is Gray right now?
Erza and Natsu tier from portrayal.

2) Who does he fight?
Invel

3) What secret move does he have up his sleeve?
Possible complete Demon force where he turns into a ice demon.

4) Personality/Appearance this arc

Just badass in general.
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
1) How strong is Gray right now?
Erza and Natsu tier from portrayal.

2) Who does he fight?
Invel

3) What secret move does he have up his sleeve?
Possible complete Demon force where he turns into a ice demon.

4) Personality/Appearance this arc

Just badass in general.

While I do somewhat agree with 2, 3, and 4..... I don't really understand what you mean by #1.


I mean, imo, Natsu and Erza are not in the same tier.


I believe Natsu is stronger than Erza at this point. While Erza did lose to Ajeel, Natsu fared just fine against Jacob, who in my opinion is stronger, if not the same as Ajeel.


But to state my case, I believe Gray is closer to Natsu in terms of power than Erza.
 

Tinitus

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
69
Reaction score
37
Age
28
Country
Georgia
While I do somewhat agree with 2, 3, and 4..... I don't really understand what you mean by #1.


I mean, imo, Natsu and Erza are not in the same tier.


I believe Natsu is stronger than Erza at this point. While Erza did lose to Ajeel, Natsu fared just fine against Jacob, who in my opinion is stronger, if not the same as Ajeel.


But to state my case, I believe Gray is closer to Natsu in terms of power than Erza.
When I mean Natsu, I mean Base Natsu. Base Natsu is in the same tier as Erza..

FDKM Natsu is above Erza and Gray.
 

Ice devil slayer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
2,534
Age
28
Country
France
So i think gray vs invel is going to be the last spriggans fight..that fight better very good..i want to see demon force gray also
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
Mashima has surprised us with the fights pairings and he's showed some original fights we didn't expect (e.g. Dimaria vs Wendy/Chelia, we expected Dimaria vs Sword Warrior such as Erza, Kagura or both) so I'm not sooo sure Gray is going to fight Invel. Besides, Invel is with Zeref, so if Gray goes there it should be with some backup, otherwise he'd be dead in a jiffy XD
 

Ice devil slayer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
2,534
Age
28
Country
France
Mashima has surprised us with the fights pairings and he's showed some original fights we didn't expect (e.g. Dimaria vs Wendy/Chelia, we expected Dimaria vs Sword Warrior such as Erza, Kagura or both) so I'm not sooo sure Gray is going to fight Invel. Besides, Invel is with Zeref, so if Gray goes there it should be with some backup, otherwise he'd be dead in a jiffy XD
Yep if gray go where zeref is he needs jellal/meredy to go with him..but what zeref will do if gray says ''i will kill End" in front of him..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
While I do somewhat agree with 2, 3, and 4..... I don't really understand what you mean by #1.


I mean, imo, Natsu and Erza are not in the same tier.


I believe Natsu is stronger than Erza at this point. While Erza did lose to Ajeel, Natsu fared just fine against Jacob, who in my opinion is stronger, if not the same as Ajeel.


But to state my case, I believe Gray is closer to Natsu in terms of power than Erza.
How strong do you think des gray full power will be ?
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How strong do you think des gray full power will be ?

If we are talking about full-powered Gray, I put him on par with max-powered Natsu and Gildartz.


In my opinion, in the Fairy Tail guild alone, the top 3 strongest members are all tied. Gray, Natsu, and Gildartz.

Then, you would have a level below that, which would be handed down solely to Laxus.

Then you would have another level below him and that would be Mirajane.


One notch below that would be Makarov.


And the last level of the "strongest members" would be given to PoF Erza and Gajeel.... with PoF Erza being a little stronger.
 
Last edited:

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
226
Reaction score
133
Age
30
Country
Croatia
lol I would definitely put Laxus on the level of Gray and Natsu.heck,I would put him above them without any PIS power ups.saying that he is below Gray and Natsu(one doesn't even have any real fight yet) is ridiculous,no offense.Natsu is roughly equal to Laxus.

anyway,Gray will definitely fight Invel.
 
Last edited:

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
lol I would definitely put Laxus on the level of Gray and Natsu.heck,I would put him above them without any PIS power ups.saying that he is below Gray and Natsu(one doesn't even have any real fight yet) is ridiculous,no offense.Natsu is roughly equal to Laxus.

anyway,Gray will definitely fight Invel.


The only PIS power ups out of the three (Gray, Natsu, and Laxus) is Red Lightning. So I don't really know what you mean by that.


Natsu's Igneel power up made some sense because Igneel handed it down to Natsu after Tartaros and Natsu trained over the 1 year timeskip.


Gray's Ice Devil Slaying Magic made sense because he earned it after he defeated Silver in Tartaros.... and by the way, Laxus and Natsu are both Dragon Slayers.


Gray wasn't... So giving him Ice Devil Slaying Magic just made it fair, nothing else.


By the way, Laxus had a lacrima installed in his body for him while Natsu learned it from Igneel along with his magic...


Gray had to earn it the hard way to get his Slaying Magic. I don't see any reason why anybody would call it PIS
.




As for Laxus, Red Lightning was the most asspull out of the three characters. To this day, I still don't understand how Red Lightning works....


"Lightning that exceeded lightning itself"....... Like really.... Wth does that mean???


Lightning is lighting... it can't exceed itself otherwise it shouldn't be lightning anymore.



So no, if you scale it right, there is no way Gray and Natsu have more PIS than Laxus. If it bothers you, I can possibly agree that Gray, Natsu, Gildartz, and Laxus are all on the same tier.


But no way in hell will I say Laxus is above Gray and Natsu, let alone Natsu is roughly equal to Laxus.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
What of Gray and Juvia fights Ajeel.I am sure he will not fight Invel.But what if he fights Ajeel.
 

Ice devil slayer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
2,534
Age
28
Country
France
What of Gray and Juvia fights Ajeel.I am sure he will not fight Invel.But what if he fights Ajeel.
How can you be sure that gray will not fight invel ? I can see him going where zeref is
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
If we are talking about full-powered Gray, I put him on par with max-powered Natsu and Gildartz.


In my opinion, in the Fairy Tail guild alone, the top 3 strongest members are all tied. Gray, Natsu, and Gildartz.

Then, you would have a level below that, which would be handed down solely to Laxus.

Then you would have another level below him and that would be Mirajane.


One notch below that would be Makarov.


And the last level of the "strongest members" would be given to PoF Erza and Gajeel.... with PoF Erza being a little stronger.
Your personal power scales (as anyone's) are respectable. So I respectably (and strongly) disagree XD

First of all, Laxus has shown feats that no-one in the FT guild has shown so far (except for Igneel powered Natsu, that's another story).

Laxus should be the strongest member currently. He'd be in one level alone.

Below that level, should be Glidartz and probably BDKM Natsu. And also
DF Gajeel

Below this level should be DeS Gray. Maybe Erza would be here.

Below this level would be Erza and base Natsu.

Below should be Mirajane and Makarov.


Laxus was the only in-FT member shown to be capable of having an equitable brawl with a Spriggan. Natsu needed external help, Erza needed external help, Gajeel needed external help. Gray so far hasn't fought any spriggan but I think it's rather implied he'd also need outer help. Juvia and him may be enough to beat some Spriggans, maybe.

I'm talking here from a rather impartial point of view. It's clearly noticeable you favour Gray because it seems to be one of your favourite (or your favourite) character, but I have no favourite character amongst the ones I mentioned...

What of Gray and Juvia fights Ajeel.I am sure he will not fight Invel.But what if he fights Ajeel.
Nice one, but why Ajeel? He was already beaten, no?

I'd say in his current state, they'd be capable of defeating him with very high difficulty. Juvia is a nice counter (element wise) and DeS Gray is beastly.
 

Ice devil slayer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
2,534
Age
28
Country
France
Sorry if i looks like a fanboys or something like that but my dream would be to see gray and End vs zeref while the others fights acno
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Laxus was the only in-FT member shown to be capable of having an equitable brawl with a Spriggan. Natsu needed external help, Erza needed external help, Gajeel needed external help. Gray so far hasn't fought any spriggan but I think it's rather implied he'd also need outer help. Juvia and him may be enough to beat some Spriggans, maybe.

I'm talking here from a rather impartial point of view. It's clearly noticeable you favour Gray because it seems to be one of your favourite (or your favourite) character, but I have no favourite character amongst the ones I mentioned...


No, actually, Laxus is not the only one so far that has shown to have an equitable brawl with a Spriggan.



Technically speaking, he had help from Yuriy because his Red Lighting was a PIS power up that cannot be explained.


Laxus also used borrowed magic in that fight with the Jutsu Shiki. That was supposed to be Freed's move.


We had no intel of Laxus ever being able to use Rune Magic, so him pulling it out all of a sudden when he was in deep crap seems reasonable enough to assume it was an asspull.




As for Natsu, other than him being stupid and trying to solo Zeref 1v1, he never needed any help.


It was a coincidence that Lucy and Makarov were present and happened to have chose to fight, but Natsu never requested their assistance.


Not to mention, Natsu never went full powered unlike Laxus who gave that fight everything he had got.






As for Gray... close.... just because somebody is my favorite character, it doesn't mean I favor them. In fact, I remain unbiased in all of my opinions despite having a favorite character.


Unlike most people, I know when Gray loses and when he doesn't because I don't make biased arguments. But hey, what can I say? You guys can make any sort of assumptions or judgements you want.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Sorry if i looks like a fanboys or something like that but my dream would be to see gray and End vs zeref while the others fights acno

I think it should be Gray and END vs. Acno. Acnologia is by far the strongest opponent.


I wouldn't mind seeing Gildartz or August fight Zeref, but knowing the latter, he probably wouldn't.
 

Ice devil slayer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
2,534
Age
28
Country
France
No, actually, Laxus is not the only one so far that has shown to have an equitable brawl with a Spriggan.



Technically speaking, he had help from Yuriy because his Red Lighting was a PIS power up that cannot be explained.


Laxus also used borrowed magic in that fight with the Jutsu Shiki. That was supposed to be Freed's move.


We had no intel of Laxus ever being able to use Rune Magic, so him pulling it out all of a sudden when he was in deep crap seems reasonable enough to assume it was an asspull.




As for Natsu, other than him being stupid and trying to solo Zeref 1v1, he never needed any help.


It was a coincidence that Lucy and Makarov were present and happened to have chose to fight, but Natsu never requested their assistance.


Not to mention, Natsu never went full powered unlike Laxus who gave that fight everything he had got.






As for Gray... close.... just because somebody is my favorite character, it doesn't mean I favor them. In fact, I remain unbiased in all of my opinions despite having a favorite character.


Unlike most people, I know when Gray loses and when he doesn't because I don't make biased arguments. But hey, what can I say? You guys can make any sort of assumptions or judgements you want.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



I think it should be Gray and END vs. Acno. Acnologia is by far the strongest opponent.


I wouldn't mind seeing Gildartz or August fight Zeref, but knowing the latter, he probably wouldn't.
I can more see gray going against zeref than acnologia though..since it's most likely to be acno vs the dragon slayers and gray said he has ace in the hole for zeref as well..
 

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
226
Reaction score
133
Age
30
Country
Croatia
The only PIS power ups out of the three (Gray, Natsu, and Laxus) is Red Lightning. So I don't really know what you mean by that.


Natsu's Igneel power up made some sense because Igneel handed it down to Natsu after Tartaros and Natsu trained over the 1 year timeskip.


Gray's Ice Devil Slaying Magic made sense because he earned it after he defeated Silver in Tartaros.... and by the way, Laxus and Natsu are both Dragon Slayers.


Gray wasn't... So giving him Ice Devil Slaying Magic just made it fair, nothing else.


By the way, Laxus had a lacrima installed in his body for him while Natsu learned it from Igneel along with his magic...


Gray had to earn it the hard way to get his Slaying Magic. I don't see any reason why anybody would call it PIS
.




As for Laxus, Red Lightning was the most asspull out of the three characters. To this day, I still don't understand how Red Lightning works....


"Lightning that exceeded lightning itself"....... Like really.... Wth does that mean???


Lightning is lighting... it can't exceed itself otherwise it shouldn't be lightning anymore.



So no, if you scale it right, there is no way Gray and Natsu have more PIS than Laxus. If it bothers you, I can possibly agree that Gray, Natsu, Gildartz, and Laxus are all on the same tier.


But no way in hell will I say Laxus is above Gray and Natsu, let alone Natsu is roughly equal to Laxus.
Lacrima for DS magic which is not even his main weapon.he usually uses just his elementary and by powers I mean Nakama power ups and emotions that would surpass him and you misunderstood me.I never said that they had PIS power ups.I said that if they got some PIS asspulled power up to be far above Laxus.power ups for Natsu in entire Fairy Tail were boring as hell.also,he fought a Spriggan who is immune to electricity and beat him.Red Lighting is a good addition.finally something new for him.him borrowing Freed's magic is not an asspull.he could have simply learned that in one year time skip.I respect your power scale but don't talk such nonsesnse as who deserved what.going by that logic during GMG Erza,Lucy,Natsu,Wendy,Gray didn't deserve that Second Origin and they would be rekted if they didn't have that which is a bigger asspull than Red Lightning.

besides,this is irrelevant.my point was,Gray is not above Laxus because he didn't showed us anything....yet.Natsu(with Igneels flames)is definitely above Laxus.
 
Last edited:

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
No, actually, Laxus is not the only one so far that has shown to have an equitable brawl with a Spriggan.



Technically speaking, he had help from Yuriy because his Red Lighting was a PIS power up that cannot be explained.


Laxus also used borrowed magic in that fight with the Jutsu Shiki. That was supposed to be Freed's move.


We had no intel of Laxus ever being able to use Rune Magic, so him pulling it out all of a sudden when he was in deep crap seems reasonable enough to assume it was an asspull.




As for Natsu, other than him being stupid and trying to solo Zeref 1v1, he never needed any help.


It was a coincidence that Lucy and Makarov were present and happened to have chose to fight, but Natsu never requested their assistance.


Not to mention, Natsu never went full powered unlike Laxus who gave that fight everything he had got.






As for Gray... close.... just because somebody is my favorite character, it doesn't mean I favor them. In fact, I remain unbiased in all of my opinions despite having a favorite character.


Unlike most people, I know when Gray loses and when he doesn't because I don't make biased arguments. But hey, what can I say? You guys can make any sort of assumptions or judgements you want.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



I think it should be Gray and END vs. Acno. Acnologia is by far the strongest opponent.


I wouldn't mind seeing Gildartz or August fight Zeref, but knowing the latter, he probably wouldn't.
You don't get my point about Laxus. The whole point is he was handicapped but he was never overwhelmed by the spriggan. They fought on equal terms, very evenly. Laxus' last move might be considered "external help" if you want, but he could've beaten Wahl without it... And if you think he couldn't have, then that's fine, but Laxus would be Spriggan tier still, just a little bit below Wahl.

Erza never fought "on equal terms". She was always clearly surpassed by the spriggan, even when she had the advantage (element wise, wind vs sand). Natsu was brawling with Jacob but he was overwhelmed by the physical skills of the mague, with his hidden weapons, and the possibility to "erase himself" (and plausibly kill anyone before they even notice). He needed Lucy's help to render spatial magic unusable, and only then could he wreck Jacob. Ah, with a little help from Happy preventing him from using spatial magic again, and Makarov to reach max speed.

Another thing I'd like to clarify is that I don't think Laxus borrowed "magic" (Freed's, I mean), he borrowed knowledge. It was not a shared spell but a learnt spell. So it's his own feat. It might've been an asspull, but it's not inconsistent if you think that he and Freed have been close friends for a long time (if not more than friends). They probably have learnt a few tricks from each other.

Natsu never needed any help in trying to defeat Zeref. Ah, wait, yes, he needed Igneel's help, since he was using Igneel's mode, which pretty much means he was using the remnants of Igneel's magic. I was talking about the Natsu who fought Jacob. Hadn't it been for Lucy and after that for Happy (as crazy as it sounds........) spatial magic would've been too much for Natsu and he definetely wouldn't have won.

Natsu never requested their assistance? I think you should understand that Jacob's magic is too complex for Natsu to understand, decypher and fight against. Natsu wouldn't have won on his own, that's for sure. BTW, yes, Natsu went full power as he used one of his major (if not his major) attack against Jacob, in BDKM mode. We don't know if he was going all out as we don't know if he can use DF, but other than Igneel powered Natsu, which does not count in this, BDKM mode is Natsu giving it his all.

You claim "As for Gray... close.... just because somebody is my favorite character, it doesn't mean I favor them. In fact, I remain unbiased in all of my opinions despite having a favorite character." Yet you put Gray above Laxus, which is inconcievable... Glidartz is not a factor because we don't know if he's improved or he's deteriorated (as I think he's past his prime), but if we're talking about pre-time skip Glidartz, he should be well above Gray, even in his DeS form...
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
How can you be sure that gray will not fight invel ? I can see him going where zeref is
Because there is no fight that happened according to the pattern in chap 452.Like Natsu didn't fight Ajeel,Erza didn't fight Dimaria.So if Invel is just a simple Ice Make without Slayer ability then Gray will not fight him.
 
Top