Discussion Gray Fullbuster Thread

Ice devil slayer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
2,534
Age
28
Country
France
Because there is no fight that happened according to the pattern in chap 452.Like Natsu didn't fight Ajeel,Erza didn't fight Dimaria.So if Invel is just a simple Ice Make without Slayer ability then Gray will not fight him.
Yes that's true but invel is one of the only spriggans left for gray except if he fights End when he comes to the guild
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Yes that's true but invel is one of the only spriggans left for gray except if he fights End when he comes to the guild
Ajeel is also left.Not sure whether he will definetly he will fight Ajeel but if he comes there is a possibity that he will fight him as Zeref hinted he will come back.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
Yes that's true but invel is one of the only spriggans left for gray except if he fights End when he comes to the guild
One thing is clear: if Gray ends up fighting Invel, we'll see that ice is not Invel's got. Besides astonishing MP, Gray is the worst possible counter if Invel's magic is based on ice, and assuming Gray can eat it and get overpowered with it...

As for Ajeel reappearing, I'm not so sure, and if he does, so what? He's very badly injured. He's not that much of a threat any longer...
 

Ice devil slayer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
2,534
Age
28
Country
France
One thing is clear: if Gray ends up fighting Invel, we'll see that ice is not Invel's got. Besides astonishing MP, Gray is the worst possible counter if Invel's magic is based on ice, and assuming Gray can eat it and get overpowered with it...

As for Ajeel reappearing, I'm not so sure, and if he does, so what? He's very badly injured. He's not that much of a threat any longer...
Yep but if gray doesn't fight ajeel or even invel then i don't see who the heck he will fight...except if he want to use his ace already on zeref/end
 

Tinitus

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
69
Reaction score
37
Age
28
Country
Georgia
Mashima has surprised us with the fights pairings and he's showed some original fights we didn't expect (e.g. Dimaria vs Wendy/Chelia, we expected Dimaria vs Sword Warrior such as Erza, Kagura or both) so I'm not sooo sure Gray is going to fight Invel. Besides, Invel is with Zeref, so if Gray goes there it should be with some backup, otherwise he'd be dead in a jiffy XD
Just because Mashima changed the formula, doesn't mean he's going to stay consistent with it. Sometimes there are enemies destined to fight the heroic opponents, and in this case Invel will most likely be Gray's opponent and mah boi needs to show feats too.

It wouldn't be fair for Gray to not fight a spriggan especially when nearly all of the main cast else got their time to shine against them.
I believe Invel is the type of guy to want to fight a character one on one through his pride, rather than have someone assist him.

There's a theory running around that Devil slaying magic is actually a curse not a pure magic, which is why Bradman was able to use Devil's Rage and how Gray was able to absorb a curse like Momento Mori thanks to DeS abiltiies being curse. If this theory is actually true, then Gray can actually damage Zeref, not defeat but atleast damage him.




Because there is no fight that happened according to the pattern in chap 452.Like Natsu didn't fight Ajeel,Erza didn't fight Dimaria.So if Invel is just a simple Ice Make without Slayer ability then Gray will not fight him.
What I said to Char, applies here.

Gray has fought every ice mage that was introduced.
To Lyon (three times), Ultear, Silver, and now Ur. Even against Rufus who had the ability to utlize ice make from Gray's memories (Memory Make: Sword of Frozen Black Lightning)

This clearly means Mashima will show Gray being the best ice magician in the series, when he takes on Invel. The comparables also don't work on the chapter foreshadowing especially when Ajeel and Dimaria have no similar aspects to in fighting style from elements toward Natsu/Erza respectively.
 

Ice devil slayer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
2,534
Age
28
Country
France
Just because Mashima changed the formula, doesn't mean he's going to stay consistent with it. Sometimes there are enemies destined to fight the heroic opponents, and in this case Invel will most likely be Gray's opponent and mah boi needs to show feats too.

It wouldn't be fair for Gray to not fight a spriggan especially when nearly all of the main cast else got their time to shine against them.
I believe Invel is the type of guy to want to fight a character one on one through his pride, rather than have someone assist him.

There's a theory running around that Devil slaying magic is actually a curse not a pure magic, which is why Bradman was able to use Devil's Rage and how Gray was able to absorb a curse like Momento Mori thanks to DeS abiltiies being curse. If this theory is actually true, then Gray can actually damage Zeref, not defeat but atleast damage him.






What I said to Char, applies here.

Gray has fought every ice mage that was introduced.
To Lyon (three times), Ultear, Silver, and now Ur. Even against Rufus who had the ability to utlize ice make from Gray's memories (Memory Make: Sword of Frozen Black Lightning)

This clearly means Mashima will show Gray being the best ice magician in the series, when he takes on Invel. The comparables also don't work on the chapter foreshadowing especially when Ajeel and Dimaria have no similar aspects to in fighting style from elements toward Natsu/Erza respectively.
I really think that gray use a curse power..and if it's true then he's going to help natsu to defeat zeref(hope please mashima)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I wonder why mashima is so hesitant to show gray's true powers..i mean everyone has been in a fight except him and gildarts xD..hope he gets a fight soon
 

Indira

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2016
Messages
267
Reaction score
807
Age
33
Country
Macedonia
Gray needs to fight. He needs his spotlight. Mashima is waiting for something big when it comes to him, as he's going to be the one to impress the most.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I really think that gray use a curse power..and if it's true then he's going to help natsu to defeat zeref(hope please mashima)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I wonder why mashima is so hesitant to show gray's true powers..i mean everyone has been in a fight except him and gildarts xD..hope he gets a fight soon
He's hestitant cuz maybe Gray's powers are going to one of the most impressive. Combining curse+magic can be lethal hax shit.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I think Gray being left til later has less to do with his powers but more to do with his match-up - assuming Mashima has planned who fights who. The status of every person is somewhat determined by who they're meant to fight imo. E.g Laxus was meant to fight Wahl, so Mashima took him out for a while/rest of the arc with injuries so that he won't interfere with upcoming match-ups.

I predict Gray's power level with DeS will be around Erza level. Not quite Spriggan level but good enough to fight them without being destroyed. His trump card however could push him higher (from when he hyped himself pre-war; Gray isn't a gloating villain so I take it he does have something significant).
 

Ice devil slayer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
2,534
Age
28
Country
France
Gray needs to fight. He needs his spotlight. Mashima is waiting for something big when it comes to him, as he's going to be the one to impress the most.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


He's hestitant cuz maybe Gray's powers are going to one of the most impressive. Combining curse+magic can be lethal hax shit.
I hope you're right dude gray combining curse+magic is going to be awesome ! But i wonder if with his curse he can hurt zeref ?
 

Otaku shrink

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2015
Messages
273
Reaction score
526
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
I think Gray being left til later has less to do with his powers but more to do with his match-up - assuming Mashima has planned who fights who. The status of every person is somewhat determined by who they're meant to fight imo. E.g Laxus was meant to fight Wahl, so Mashima took him out for a while/rest of the arc with injuries so that he won't interfere with upcoming match-ups.

I predict Gray's power level with DeS will be around Erza level. Not quite Spriggan level but good enough to fight them without being destroyed. His trump card however could push him higher (from when he hyped himself pre-war; Gray isn't a gloating villain so I take it he does have something significant).
I'm going for one of two bets with the trump card: Memento Mori or if we are getting shippy, Juvia is now able to freeze her water to be a nearly limitless power supply.
 

Ice devil slayer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
2,534
Age
28
Country
France
I'm going for one of two bets with the trump card: Memento Mori or if we are getting shippy, Juvia is now able to freeze her water to be a nearly limitless power supply.
I was thinking about the memento mori or an ice demon form maybe that would so cool
 

Talenel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2016
Messages
692
Reaction score
789
Age
36
Country
United States
My boy. :hip
1) How strong is Gray right now?
As powerful as Laxus if he doesn't hold back. He's been portrayed next to Natsu who I believe to be superior to Laxus in combat ability.

2) Who does he fight?
Invel....hopefully its awesome. He'll also get his shot at the fire demon E.N.D.

3) What secret move does he have up his sleeve?
Memento Mori or another unique curse of some kind hopefully but he'll probably just show off a powerful demonic form. Afterall, it was implied that Silver had a demonic form of some kind.

4) Personality/Appearance this arc
Awesome as ever. He's cool, aloof, and willing to buck the mass opinion.
 

Ice devil slayer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
2,534
Age
28
Country
France
So now that gray is alone who he will fight ?
Invel(likely)
Larcade ?
Ajeel(unlikely)
And i wonder if gray has an demon force or ice demon mode.
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Can someone make a list of all of post-DeS power-up Gray's abilities? I don't really know his abilities since I don't focus on him much so I just want to know them as I can make a fair power comparison for him against other characters. If its already somewhere else, I'm sorry.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
I'd also like to see that list. I don't think he's showed much after the TS. Before, he was capable of piercing through Mard Geer with an insanely fast ice arrow that expanded upon contact.




After the TS, I think he only used the DeS mode against Ajeel. He was capable of freezing a considerably big area and repeling a few sand monsters.



It's also been noted that he gets an MP boost upon activating DeS.


Aside from that, he hasn't shown much more, but if you ask me, he should be superior to DF Wendy but inferior to Laxus or DF Gajeel. I'd give him an edge against Erza, while Erza would have the edge against base Gray.
 
Last edited:

Ice devil slayer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
2,534
Age
28
Country
France
I'd also like to see that list. I don't think he's showed much after the TS. Before, he was capable of piercing through Mard Geer with an insanely fast ice arrow that expanded upon contact.




After the TS, I think he only used the DeS mode against Ajeel. He was capable of freezing a considerably big area and repeling a few sand monsters.



It's also been noted that he gets an MP boost upon activating DeS.


Aside from that, he hasn't shown much more, but if you ask me, he should be superior to DF Wendy but inferior to Laxus or DF Gajeel. I'd give him an edge against Erza, while Erza would have the edge against base Gray.
I wonder if gray can spam an attacks like im silver..the aoe of this attacks is crazy..lol can't wait to see him at full power..maybe he's going to freeze an entire village like silver did ?
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I wonder if gray can spam an attacks like im silver..the aoe of this attacks is crazy..lol can't wait to see him at full power..maybe he's going to freeze an entire village like silver did ?
I do think it's possible for Gray to spam IM Silver level attacks. Gray didn't seem troubled or exhausted. I would say his finishers can't be spammed.
 

Talenel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2016
Messages
692
Reaction score
789
Age
36
Country
United States
Im interested in knowing if moves like Long Sword of the Ice Demon Zero are now spammable. When he used it to defeat Ur, the move certainly didn't have the same pizzazz that it did preskip......it looked like he just sort of waved his hand to slash outwards.
Personally, I'm still waiting for a variant of the 7 blade dance to show up. Remember when that used to be Grey's big finisher? I dont think we've seen it since he used the red ice variant against Urtear.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Im interested in knowing if moves like Long Sword of the Ice Demon Zero are now spammable. When he used it to defeat Ur, the move certainly didn't have the same pizzazz that it did preskip......it looked like he just sort of waved his hand to slash outwards.
I think we'll see a much more impressive Long Sword when Gray amplifies his magic with DeS markings. The one vs Ur wouldn't have been much stronger than Lyon's attack for the unison raid, both seemed fairly equal.
 
Top