Archived Hangout Thread v.14

Status
Not open for further replies.

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
They look proper Arab.
 

Fortisdiablos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
687
Reaction score
84
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
Jeez...where'd everyone go?
 

Strider's♥Death

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
260
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why must gas prices anally rape america D:
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
well, maybe you don't know it but.. reality check.. gas prices rape everybody, not just americans.
 

Strider's♥Death

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
260
Gender
Male
Country
United States
D: Are u sure, cus our rate over here right now is a little over 2 Dollars. V.V Tis not the good kind of rape.
 

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
at least it's not as bad as last summer when it was like 5 dollars a gallon.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
there's actually a thing called exchange rate. and countries rely on each other for materials and goods, so it's all a domino effect. nvm. -_-; I'm being too anal about it.
 

Strider's♥Death

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
260
Gender
Male
Country
United States
U know I was expecting for u to do the exchange rate lol. Seems u lazied out D:
@bean
Ehhhhh last year gas prices was such a dick on my V8's and the turbochargers didnt help either e.e.
 
Last edited:

Fortisdiablos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
687
Reaction score
84
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
2 dollars is nothing nowadays. And thankfully it didn't get anywhere near 5 here in Jersey. The most I've seen was 4.05. That's still ridiculous, but at least we have it better than most other states.

And gas in Europe has been much more expensive than here and for a lot longer. Take at look at this: http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/gas1.html

The Dutch have it pretty bad.
 
Last edited:

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
petrol/gas= liquid gold...... (got that from watching fast & furious 4 :p)
@baboysai- I like your avatar and signature!! ^^
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
at least it's not as bad as last summer when it was like 5 dollars a gallon.
I have a math and logic disorder, so correct me if I do it wrong:

1 US Gallon = 3,8 Liter. I paid 1,34 Euro today for 1 Liter gas.

1,34 Euro = $-US 1,75 * 3,8 = $-US 6,65 per 1 US Gallon. Calculation correct?

That is currently a normal price over here, actually cheap compared to last summer which would have been (converted) $-US 9,50 per gallon. When I got my drivers license in 2001 I paid (converted) $-US 4,60 per gallon. A ridiculous cheap price from my point of view. I would be glad to be back on that level.

My daily way to university was 40km each by car plus 15 km each for the kindergarten of my daughter (total of around 120-180 km each week day for uni, kindergarten, work, shopping and trips). That is kinda normal to drive daily in my area. Plus I drive a classic car (1978) which isn't really economical in terms of gas usage.

That kinda explains why I own 1000+ manga on my hdd but only 10 on my shelf.
 
Last edited:

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
it's all relative eni.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Indeed. It leaves relatively little money in my pocket >.>
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
That's the main drawback I have with commuting to my University. I drive 50 miles there, and 50 miles back (I don't know what that is in km, sorry >___>) at least three days a week, plus a 20 mile round trip 4 days a week for work, and when I start my second job (assuming everything works out) it's another 60 mile+ round trip 3 days a week. All my free money goes to gas and the rest goes into my savings for tuition, books, etc.


And in the fall, I'll drive to Uni 5 days a week, so it'll get even worse >__<
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
1 miles = 1,6 km :D

Meh, yes. After paying my rent, the most part of my income goes to travel expenses (gas, train tickets, car maintenance). Only good thing about university was the train ticket for the whole area that was included in the semester fee but due to my apartment being far away from the next station and my kids having their kindergarten in the other direction, I had to take the car most of the time.

Can't wait for getting into a 'normal' job next year. I'm so sick of just-enough-to-live income >.<
 
Last edited:

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Meh I got bored, old pic, with censorship for legal reasons.
 
Last edited:

nat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,979
Reaction score
2,132
Gender
Female
Country
Bermuda
er.....I like the white....it brings out your....hair?
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Well my hair isn't like that anymore, like I said its a old pic.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top