Archived Hangout Thread v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gcat88

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
659
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
G Gundam was the only Gundam ive ever watched. anyone know of Zoids subbed??
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
@gcat88: I forgot to mention Death Note and Cowboy Bebop on my list yday :p, but yeah there's a whole bunch of Gundam series, I've only seen a few episodes of Gundam see and one other that I can't remember the name. Man I wish I was young again and could just sit at home and watch animes, now there's so much work!!! I'll find time to watch a new anime every 2 months, that's my promise MH!!!
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
The anime version of Death Note was awesome! It was even more mysterious and spooky-like lol. :tem I haven't watched Cowboy Bebop. :darn

I've only seen Gundam 00 and I thought it was really good. I might give SEED a try soon. goldb watch Honey and Clover! :thumbs I'm loving it so far lol.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'll put it on my list, I have a few other things to watch first ;). Hey if u wanna see my pics from Poland then go find my on the facebook page of MH :), some beautiful girls I met in Krakow, I'm defo going back in a few months!!!
 

Gcat88

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
659
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Why would we want to see pictures of poland???? do they have anything sight worthy there??? hehehehhehe. JOKING!!!! DeathNote was truly amazing. WHAT??????? Beboy is actually awesome. good old classic. I need to watch some Honey and Clover, every where i look its mentioned. There are a lot of Gundam series. i need to watch some more. I am trying to watch an anime a month, harder than it seems. The real reason why i havent finished a series in a month is due to work. DAMN JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish i could watch Anime everyday, but not all day. STAY HOME ANIME DAD???? Anyone know a rich girl looking for a latin anime lover???
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Looool you're a jooker gcat!!! Polnad was fun, and yes there's a lot to be seen, so many monuments, there's churches and cathedral nearly everywhere, really good. The people were so nice and we really didn't have much trouble, expect that we got stopped twice in Wroclaw to get our IDs checked :( they musta thought we were immigrants or something, but that was a minor anyways...
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen the pictures in the picture thread dude! Looks like you had one hell of a time! :)

Anyone know a rich girl looking for a latin anime lover???
You never know! :tem
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
@gcat: that type of girls are a rare breed, trust me I've looked and they are rare...
 

Gcat88

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
659
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Lucky me i found a girl who loves anime and loves me, BUT is poor. its like the saying goes, no one is perfect. she is smart so hopefully shell make money then my dream can come true. I have also always wanted to build a manga library. a place where people can go and read manga, japanese and english, without the pressure of having to buy it. would anyone go to that???
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Money means nothing!!! cherish what you have! preach!!!! If you build it, I'll be there for the inauguration ;)
 

Gcat88

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
659
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
"if you build it they will come"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if only that sentence was true today. anyways, im waiting till i can either support that idea or meet someone who is willing to support that idea.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Don't give up!!! just make sure you plan everything to the minute detail, then look for financial backers or something, it's a very interesting idea you have, could be very popular :)
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Lucky me i found a girl who loves anime and loves me, BUT is poor. its like the saying goes, no one is perfect. she is smart so hopefully shell make money then my dream can come true. I have also always wanted to build a manga library. a place where people can go and read manga, japanese and english, without the pressure of having to buy it. would anyone go to that???
A library? Probably not. I believe libraries are tax funded, so that's how they stay around. You will need other ways to conduct revenue, you know, late fees, events, etc, to get items and whatnot.

Something else? Try a manga cafe. It could work, just depends on where you build it. A smaller city, more than likely not. It will probably crash and burn. A bigger city, like NYC, Chicago, LA, etc, yeah, there's a good chance it will last for a while. I think NYC has their own manga cafe, but I am not 100% sure. Any who, as a cafe, you will have more revenue opportunities. If you do want it to be a cafe, remember that people go to cafes for the laid back atmosphere. Don't go hog wild on making it loud and whatnot.

Don't give up!!! just make sure you plan everything to the minute detail, then look for financial backers or something, it's a very interesting idea you have, could be very popular
I've made a business plan before, and it is very tough to do, especially to make your business marketable. If your business isn't going to turn a good profit, then a bank won't give you the time of day, especially for something as niche as manga. My business was projected to turn $10k a year, but I doubt a bank would still go for it.
 

Gcat88

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
659
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
youre right. you need to show a big percentage gain and show them that it will last. ive thought of having a cafe. its a work in process. one day, one day!!!
 

strawhatsarah

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Messages
75
Reaction score
18
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Lucky me i found a girl who loves anime and loves me, BUT is poor. its like the saying goes, no one is perfect. she is smart so hopefully shell make money then my dream can come true. I have also always wanted to build a manga library. a place where people can go and read manga, japanese and english, without the pressure of having to buy it. would anyone go to that???
You know, that is weird. :blink I too have a significant other who loves anime and loves me but doesn't have the money currently to build a manga library! And yea, I'm smart too, so I know that once I have the money I'll be more than willing to support his dream, so long as it won't ruin us. So gcat88, I WOULD go to that and love the fact that your gf loves anime + you and would support your goal! :tem
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Man, I wanna find a girl like that :darn, I've never been with a girl who likes anime. I'm not saying I want her to be some otaku or something, but at least find it interesting...
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
The closest I ever got to that was this girl who liked Avatar: The Last Airbender, and who have seen Sailor Moon during her childhood.
Apart from that it's "Anime???? YOU MEAN LIKE ******???"

Pffsch, how uneducated can you be? Gosh! :D
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Wow the closest I've been was "oh anime, you mean cartoons like Pokemon?:notrust"

But it's out there alright, just like One Piece, don't give up...like gcat has shown...
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't go uni today. I woke up late. :darn

I got one hell of a lecture from my pops. :scry
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
"DAMN IT BUGGY, WHAT DID WE TALK ABOUT YESTERDAY!!!" something liek that? today is my day offa!!! I'm jammin' on bread g!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top