Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, do you know some which are good?

I thought about writing something up myself, but with HxH it is not that easy. Continuing the story seems kinda dull to me, because that effort will be for naught when the manga goes on.
Content that seems promising would be focussing on a sidecharacter like hanzo, zushi, biscuit, hisoka or the spiders, or some non mainstory related
stuff about the main chars, like killuah's youth or leorio's studies.
 

magickirua

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2013
Messages
77
Reaction score
83
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
France
Well a Greed Island story with another player could be nice. You have everything already created and you can develop more how to get the cards. It's actually crazy to see the number of things Togashi created that were not in the manga.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ya, togashi put a lot of effort into details in HxH.

A story about the creation of GI would probably be interesting, but it would also be canon territory.

I think the most promising idea would be stories about other hunter exams.
You could use new characters or characters of which you know that they have cleared the exam and just think of some crazy tests for them and intrigue.

You could also have known hunters as examinators.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,719
Reaction score
61,445
Gender
Male
Country
France
:s What is this and what does it mean?
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,231
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
seems it's an autograph he did for someone :hmm

I may be wrong, but I don't think it's a fanart I've checked out on of his recent pics, and it's definitely the same sign. (see below)

 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,719
Reaction score
61,445
Gender
Male
Country
France
Looks like it's an autograph indeed. Still wants to know what is written exactly above... He could really come back in May...
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,231
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Looks like it's an autograph indeed. Still wants to know what is written exactly above... He could really come back in May...
Demon-kun, it's obvious,
we all know what it says : "Dear fans, don't worry, I'll be back very very soon, thxs for your support" :hmph
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,719
Reaction score
61,445
Gender
Male
Country
France
Demon-kun, it's obvious,
we all know what it says : "Dear fans, don't worry, I'll be back very very soon, thxs for your support" :hmph
Well, if it 's an autograph it's most likely something nice with the name of the fan on it. Nevertheless it's a great news.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,231
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Such a lucky guy, would love to get an autograph from Togashi too, possibly an Hisoka sketch


So Togashi-sensei please, if you happen to read this, ♥ I'm sure you do :teehee, Ill be gratefull if you could grant my wish, I'll make sure to check my pm very carefully. ★--_--⚰



To mods : time to add an hisoka smiley : :hmph


@ Demon, yeah I know, I'm just joking around ::teehee
 

Drakrami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
753
Reaction score
420
Gender
Male
Country
Balearic Islands
so... how long has it been?
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
too long my friend. too long.

But it does look like he will at least return this year.

At least he does not strike me as the type to completely give up something before he finished it.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,719
Reaction score
61,445
Gender
Male
Country
France
The Jump Ryu lineup has been updated on their site BTW:
Haikyu on May 2.
SnS on May 19.
To Love Ru on June 2 and Kenshin on June 16.

That leaves

  • Akira Toriyama (Dragon Ball)
  • Masashi Kishimoto (Naruto)
  • Eiichiro Oda (One Piece)
  • Tite Kubo (Bleach)
  • Tadatoshi Fujimaki (Kuroko's Basketball)
  • Yusei Matsui (Assassination Classroom)
  • Kōhei Horikoshi (My Hero Academia)
  • Kazuki Takahashi (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
  • Osamu Akimoto (Kochikame)
  • Hiroyuki Asada (Tegami Bachi: Letter Bee)
  • Hirohiko Araki (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
  • Kyosuke Usuta (Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar)
  • Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata (Bakuman.)
  • Masakazu Katsura (I''s)
  • Kazue Katō (Blue Exorcist)
  • Naoshi Komi (Nisekoi - False Love)
  • Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro (Toriko)
  • Hideaki Sorachi (Gintama)
  • Yūto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Sōma)
  • Yoshihiro Togashi (Hunter X Hunter)
  • Haruichi Furudate (Haikyu!!)
  • Masanori Morita (Rookies)
  • Yuusuke Murata (original work: ONE, One-Punch Man)
  • Kentaro Yabuki (writer Saki Hasemi; To Love-Ru -Trouble-)
  • Nobuhiro Watsuki (Rurouni Kenshin)

There is nothing to confirm my theory but it is less likely that he'll come back in May now.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well....He will be the last one.....wont He?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,719
Reaction score
61,445
Gender
Male
Country
France
Well....He will be the last one.....wont He?
No... Last one means next year and I am sure he'll come back this year with all these hints. I don't even want to consider that possibility...
 

lulukaruins

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2016
Messages
456
Reaction score
658
Country
Sabertooth
Hi, I'm new here. though, I keep reading and monitor it as a silent reader (HxH section mostly) since you guys are so quick with Hantaa Hantaa and Togashi's updates.

I wonder if anyone has notice that Hunter x Center will be fatured on next jump issue, cmiiw. refered to this:
credit to kaizou@apforums
[Box of text] can anybody understand what does it says?. I'm sorry if it's something unrelated or unimportant information.

other than that, I want to ask, what manga you guys currently read to filled HxH void, I need some good recommendations. as for me, I'm now reading Birdmen [Tanabe Yellow] and Evil Heart, both have good plot and character development, sadly the chapters/scans released on irregular pace, I need something good that already completed. so, please don't mention berserk, vinland saga, or tower of god...

*pardon my spelling and grammar.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,539
Reaction score
21,811
Gender
Female
Country
China
There's nothing that can fill the HxH void :emocat

The fate series gave a /similar/ feel, especially Zero, in that different characters undertake action based on a mindset for winning. But no, for me nothing else quite fills the gap
 

IamJacky

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2010
Messages
136
Reaction score
135
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new here. though, I keep reading and monitor it as a silent reader (HxH section mostly) since you guys are so quick with Hantaa Hantaa and Togashi's updates.

I wonder if anyone has notice that Hunter x Center will be fatured on next jump issue, cmiiw. refered to this:
credit to kaizou@apforums
[Box of text] can anybody understand what does it says?. I'm sorry if it's something unrelated or unimportant information.

other than that, I want to ask, what manga you guys currently read to filled HxH void, I need some good recommendations. as for me, I'm now reading Birdmen [Tanabe Yellow] and Evil Heart, both have good plot and character development, sadly the chapters/scans released on irregular pace, I need something good that already completed. so, please don't mention berserk, vinland saga, or tower of god...

*pardon my spelling and grammar.
I don't see anything related to HxH as well.

The wait is so long but I still hope for new chapters to come out, it was just getting so exciting...

And nothing really fills the void for me as well, the only thing I do is to re-read the whole thing.

One of my all time favorite manga ended a year ago or two after its 19-year run (I'm 33 and started reading it when I was 15-16 I think), it's called Blade of the Immortal, totally different manga from HxH but the characters, story, art, and overall quality of the manga is just superb.
 
Top