Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Hiatus (NOT CURRENTLY)

Hiatus (NOT CURRENTLY) -> Hiatus or Hiatus (CURRENTLY)
 

Kizo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
59
Reaction score
26
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus (NOT CURRENTLY)

For anyone interested, I've written an article regarding this latest hiatus and the plot developments of the last 30 chapters. The article also features some interesting statistics regarding all the time Togashi has missed. (Please be aware, the article also contains spoilers for chapters 311-340.)

I seriously hope this hiatus won't last as long as the last one.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus (NOT CURRENTLY)

Nice article Kizo.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Haha awesome :)!
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Being a Hunter X hunter fan is like being an abused wife. You know that the your husband is hurting you, but you keep going back.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ha Ha, I wouldn't go that far. It's like having a dead beat dad. He;s good to you when he's around. Then he leaves and you grow resentful. In the end Togashi is a lot like Ging.
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hopefully he doesn't take another hiatus until the next arc is done, but who am I kidding.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Im glad he took it after ending 2 arcs. not mid arc. I just hope he comes back soonish, and its with some amazing chapters. i want to see particular things expanded on in the universe and see Gon develop his abilties more. I know Killua was always ahead of Gon but I feel in NGL, Killua's nen abilities far outshine Gon's JaJanken, so I want him to learn something to make it more versatile or something.
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Im glad he took it after ending 2 arcs. not mid arc. I just hope he comes back soonish, and its with some amazing chapters. i want to see particular things expanded on in the universe and see Gon develop his abilties more. I know Killua was always ahead of Gon but I feel in NGL, Killua's nen abilities far outshine Gon's JaJanken, so I want him to learn something to make it more versatile or something.
That is probably why they were separated. As long as they were together, Killua would have been one step ahead of Gon. Killua will be back when his family come into play. I am guessing there will be an arc revolving around Killua vs Illumi, and that's when Gon will reunite with him. I wonder if there is a time skip coming up though? I am kind of torn whether or not I like the idea of one.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gon is cute. I refuse to let go of cute adorable Gon. basically my reasoning behind not wanting a time skip. I don't care for changing characters designs much. I guess I'm just picky that way. I am sure Japanese were the same way about Goku in Japan with Dragonball. And in that case I prefer Younger Goku over older.
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gon is cute. I refuse to let go of cute adorable Gon. basically my reasoning behind not wanting a time skip. I don't care for changing characters designs much. I guess I'm just picky that way. I am sure Japanese were the same way about Goku in Japan with Dragonball. And in that case I prefer Younger Goku over older.
I don't think there will be a timeskip. It doesn't fit with the series themes.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
If there is a time skip, it won't be to age or redesign the characters significantly, but to strengthen characters and move along the storyline faster off panel (Togashi did this in YYH).
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If there is a time skip, it won't be to age or redesign the characters significantly, but to strengthen characters and move along the storyline faster off panel (Togashi did this in YYH).
Yeah, I don't see him doing an older version of the character until maybe at the very end.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope so. I am too close to cute adorable Gon. If they were aged up to 15 I could see them looking relatively the same actually.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
LOL, I'm always one of the supporters of the timeskip in every manga. Don't know, why, I actually like that things changes offscreen and trying to figure out how works now and the new relationships.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Timeskips are good, but only when they serve a purpose in my opinion.
One Piece timeskip = Bring all Strawhats together for New World adventure
Bleach timeskip = No difference really besides a few character redesigns lol

If HxH did one, it would need a strong purpose otherwise we'd just end up with a BS timeskip like Bleach that meant nothing in the long run.
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Timeskips for timeskips sake is just lazy writing.
 
Top