Hi, I'm new here. though, I keep reading and monitor it as a silent reader (HxH section mostly) since you guys are so quick with Hantaa Hantaa and Togashi's updates.
I wonder if anyone has notice that Hunter x Center will be fatured on next jump issue, cmiiw. refered to this:
credit to kaizou@apforums
[Box of text] can anybody understand what does it says?. I'm sorry if it's something unrelated or unimportant information.
other than that, I want to ask, what manga you guys currently read to filled HxH void, I need some good recommendations. as for me, I'm now reading Birdmen [Tanabe Yellow] and Evil Heart, both have good plot and character development, sadly the chapters/scans released on irregular pace, I need something good that already completed. so, please don't mention berserk, vinland saga, or tower of god...
Even if there's something related to HxH on this page it probably isn't important or it's here to remind us that it's on hiatus.
You can try to catch up to the JoJo franchise and not read the eighth part which is ongoing. Tokyo Ghoul first part is also completed, since you like Birdmen there's also Kekkaishi, from the same author.
The fate series gave a /similar/ feel, especially Zero, in that different characters undertake action based on a mindset for winning. But no, for me nothing else quite fills the gap
The wait is so long but I still hope for new chapters to come out, it was just getting so exciting...
And nothing really fills the void for me as well, the only thing I do is to re-read the whole thing.
One of my all time favorite manga ended a year ago or two after its 19-year run (I'm 33 and started reading it when I was 15-16 I think), it's called Blade of the Immortal, totally different manga from HxH but the characters, story, art, and overall quality of the manga is just superb.
But of course, nothing can really fills HxH void, I mean just for a little distraction ^^.
Me too. to be honest after really getting back into it (I used to watch HxH when I was a kid) any manga or anime media I've watched (until now) couldn't really satisfied me enough (especially shonens). I can't really feel excitment or enthusiaism like I got from HxH. for an exampleI used to enjoyed D.Gray, but now I couldn't really find myself entertained or attached like I used to be. Hoshino is geeat artist, indeed, but we know Togashi is on different level. a single chapter from him could brought us to long talk and enjoyable discussion (like you guys have been doing) not only unpredictable plot, but the panel he produced, the expressive and relate-able characters, the intriguing dialogs, and not to mention NEN. argh... so much to talk and discussing.
I don't expecting something good as HxH is (they aren't exist as far as we know), just something good or interesting enough to distract me from HxH and hiatuses, yeah, something temporarily.
as for Fate, I happened to try it long time ago, the Zero one. though, couldn't really bring myself to finish it. It might be gave simillar atmosphere (you mean the anime one, did you?) but for know I don't really interested in it. thanks for reminder, though .
I will try my bet on Blade of Immortal. It does make me curious. Thanks.
Even if there's something related to HxH on this page it probably isn't important or it's here to remind us that it's on hiatus.
You can try to catch up to the JoJo franchise and not read the eighth part which is ongoing. Tokyo Ghoul first part is also completed, since you like Birdmen there's also Kekkaishi, from the same author.
JoJo is on my waiting list, I will try it sometimes. I've read Kekkaishi and adored Tanabe Yellow styles because of it. as for tokyo ghoul, I couldn't bring myself to past 1st volume... it's just not my cup of tea.
==========
So, it is something unrelated in the end?. well, hopefully we'll get some enlighment in upcomoing months << (pray for some stuffs happened on jump ryu, like you guys mentioned)
Ain't no manga doing that job for me too, at least not anymore.
When i was younger and more exciteable, there were several manga and anime i could really get invested in.
Dragon ball was one, one piece was one and naruto until the timeskip (and gantz, too).
There are some comics able to do that, tho, but they are not battle manga types.
Really hope HxH will have a worthy ending at some point.
The ending point the anime's had (both ofh them) were pretty good in my book (more so the second one), but....When rumours spread that it was the actual end of the manga, i felt sad about it.
I really goddamn wanted to see that dark continent and i am glad togashi will take us there (at...some point).
I would not mind the manga going on indefinite hiatus and getting abandoned if i wouldnt know that togashi actually CAN bring all that chaos and open plot points to a compelling conclusion (if HxH was gantz, i would not even want to see what will happen One 'Katastrophe' is more than enough.)
It should sound good, people teach that stuff in zen Karate
But ya, little detours <:
I think by now, togashi rather sees HxH as a detour and his life (however that may be shaped) as his mainpath.
That has pros and cons.
we dont get a lot of chapters, but i think that Togashi actually does write HxH only when he enjoys it and when he is 100% convinced of what he is writing.
I just hope he is not forced to end it sooner than he wants to by his health.
Wish he would give some information out about his status.
Something like 'working on it, will take roughly half a year' would be enough for me.
Oh well, maybe it will at least be 30 chapters this time, wrapping up the boat arc.
Actually, if togashi had more freedom about how he releases stuff (and wasnt bound to the weekly format), it would probably be best for him to
release one arc once it is finished.