For a long time, I had a real manga fatique. But now there are so many nice series to read that i sometimes spend a whole evening slowly reading it while pausing and doing something else every few chapters to digest.
At the moment, there are four series i read. And three of those four i just started and never read em before.
I am reading tokyo ghoul, allrounder meguru, seven seeds and jojo.
I feel like whatever happens, i will never run out of jojo chapters.
And if i ever finish those, i can read spirit cycle because i really enjoyed lucifer and biscuit hammer back in the days
I like the diversity in the 4 i mentioned.
Tokyo ghoul is a shonen, but one of the smarter kind like HxH. I also really enjoy the maincharacter who is (at least to the point i read) not the usual 'i learn everything on a fly' person. That was refreshing.
Allrounder meguru (sportfighting manga) is a good motivation for getting back in form (just started doing martial arts again) and on a whole and it is a more realistic approach on the genre than some things i just could not even force myself to keep reading (looking at you, karate shoukoushi and baki). It is a bit like Ippo but with characters I like a lot better than in ippo.
Seven Seeds is just great. You are unsuspecting at first because it is a shojo after all. So you get your romance subplots (WHICH - I - HATE, just for the record) and a rather mellow drawing style (which i dislike, i often cannot tell apart characters)
So why do i still like it when such big parts are unappealing to me? Well, simply because it is the best post apokalyptic manga i know. And i actually do think that the shojo genre does offer a lot of potential here, because psot apokalypse works a lot on character relationships and those are usually rather shallow in shonen or even seinen.
It also does a lot to keep things interesting. At times, it might introduce too many characters, but the mainarcs are pretty good and it has a very good balance between drama and funny things.
It also does a very good job at worldbuilding and showing wastelands which were once megacities and evolution at work.
Lastly, jojo.
Honestly`? I know nothing about jojo. I have read the first characcter arc to some point and then stopped for no reason. I also know that many people will tell me to start with the better rated arcs. BUt that is not how i role.
And i enjoy the first arc. It has a traditional appeal to it when it comes to manga.
I feel like i am in for a real ride as the manga evolved.
So, i cannot complain about not having enough to read (and after all, i am also an avid comic reader)....But i'd still be overjoyed when eventually the message will pop up here that togashi continues.
sj to kubo: yeah wrap it up lol
sj to togashi: take all the time you need fam
well, to be fair, the HxH sales didnt decline like the bleach sales. Togashi would have a much harder time if he wouldnt sell the amounts he does.