Discussion How Powerful Is Enel considering everyone now?

WhatWhatinthebutt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's strange how everyone keep Magellan off their lists
 

RichardMNixon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
908
Reaction score
285
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It may be true if you put them 1v1 fight. But, that's not the only way to rate how powerful someone is. Enel can sink a huge chuck of island with his lightning, doubt Marco can pull it off with one move. Enel problem are probably haki users, logia intangibility such as light and counter DF such as Luffy. However, other than this lightning kills. And Marco is mythical zoan Phoenix. He won't be able to recover if he got one hit with 20 million volt. Of course I'm talking with with real world sense not One Piece. I believe it was pointed out somewhere that people have survived Enel million volts. Maybe the unit has different value than real life.
In real life, volts barely matter. It's the current that determines how deadly something is, the unit is amperes. We could all survive a 1 million volt shock if the current is low whereas one ampere of one volt would be the end for you.

People in One Piece very obviously do not have real world damage thresholds. Marco is just as able to survive a lightning bolt as Blackbeard is able to survive an earthquake on his face.

One on one, Enel will only be able to run away.

That Enel can do more damage to fodder is a more reasonable argument; we haven't really seen any crowd control from Marco, though presumably he could cut swaths through a battlefield just by flying through it with flaming wings.
 

WhatWhatinthebutt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I almost agree with you.
But, you're putting Smoker a lot too high!

Put him 6th, and you have it right! :tem

As for between Enel and Kizaru...
Light is faster than Thunder...

I'd put Kizaru first.
Enel is Lightning not Thunder...
 

Dasbones

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
157
Reaction score
35
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I almost agree with you.
But, you're putting Smoker a lot too high!

Put him 6th, and you have it right! :tem

As for between Enel and Kizaru...
Light is faster than Thunder...

I'd put Kizaru first.
Smoker was was even with Ace when their powers conflicted.

Edit: Nevermind

I don't think you can rate logias in that way. It's more like fruits have elements, and the elements have their own strengths and weaknesses. For instance, I can't see how smoke would affect sand or Ice. Heck, for that matter how does light affect fire?

It's not a 1-100 ranking, it's more like a pokemon type chart with immunity, normal and super effective comparisons.
I agree, but Akainu stated that Logia powers are based on levels of superiority 'Here', so I was trying to rationalize it.



Honestly..
Ace's logia > Aokiji's ? Seriously ? Kuzan can freeze miles of water with a finger but ok , your position is acceptable.
But you have to stop with Smoker. He is the worst logia ever. He have absolutely no attacks. And since Hancock broke his precious jitte , I can hardly think of a way for him to actually harm anybody. Maybe suffocating them ?
1. Ace can melt ice, I was simply saying which power would overpower the other, Ace can melt the Ice faster than Kuzan can create it. If you are trying to insiunate that I was saying that Ace was stronger overall than Kuzan (and put smoker on that same level): either I did not explain myself clearly, or you didn't read what I was saying.

2.Smoker's power is formless, its basically dirty air, it cannot be destroyed, it would simply bounce off of most everything else, and he uses it to outmaneuver his opponent, since he covers them in the smoke, and can attack them from any angle. Hancock is a Haki user, so even if he had his Jutte she would still be able to beat him.
 
Last edited:

Girlsryummy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 23, 2009
Messages
19
Reaction score
13
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lightning travels at the speed of light.
No it doesn't. Lightning bolts move at about 224,000 miles per hour, while light moves at 186,000 miles per second.

And I could see Enel destroying almost everyone that Luffy fought, like CP9 and Kuma (and all his copies). All he would have to do is be like all the other logias and become intangible and none of Luffy's past enemies could touch him. The only people who Enel wouldn't be able to beat would be the people that have haki, and other logias.

Enel is strong but he wouldn't be an admiral, but I think he's to good to be a shichibukai... He'd just be a bad ass...
 

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Everyone keeps saying that Enel's physical abilities suck and he'd just get owned by a Haki user, but he really wouldn't. Don't tell me that Haki would just nullify his lightning. He could definitely still use long range attacks on his opponents, and he's a decent close range fighter anyway.

Coupled with his Mantra, he's a pretty amazing enemy. He'll definitely come back to help Luffy sooner or later, and he'd just own everything in his way who isn't admiral level too.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Well, it's not like he can't fight Haki users, but he seems very unprepared to get injured during a combat...

Enel also seems to get in mental disadvantage once someone can stand after receiving one of his attacks. Don't you think that Whitebeard, Marco or Jozu couldn't take several of his attacks before falling?
 

Dasbones

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
157
Reaction score
35
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No it doesn't. Lightning bolts move at about 224,000 miles per hour, while light moves at 186,000 miles per second.
Aha, thanks for clearing that up, I was a little to lazy to look that up myself.

But I don't think Kizaru moves at that speed anyway, if he kicked someone at the speed of light, allot more shit would happen at the receiving end.
 

St Michael

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
166
Reaction score
34
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
@ Das Bones :
I clearly understand what you were saying.

But , IMHO , Mera Mera < Hie Hie. But as I just said , it's just personnal opinion , I got carried away in my last post.

However , about Smoker , I'm sorry but I really can't agree :p , his fruit seems so harmless to me. Actually the only damage potentiel he had was his seastone weapon.
Now that Hancock broke it , I don't see Smoker able to beat anyone worth to be mentionned. That's why I can't see him as a future admiral btw.

@ Whatwhatinthebutt : what's the real difference between thunder and lightning?

edit :
He'll definitely come back to help Luffy sooner or later, and he'd just own everything in his way who isn't admiral level too
You really think Ener is coming back from his dream land to help the only one dude who beat the hell out of him? Really ?
 
Last edited:

WhatWhatinthebutt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@ Whatwhatinthebutt : what's the real difference between thunder and lightning?
Sound and lightning speeds are two VERY different things (about 125,000 mph difference on average) which makes me wonder why Enel was so slow that Luffy's punches could catch him, regardless of trajectory, if Oda is even following the dynamics of nature (human that is).... :notrust

Luffy Second Gear might breach the sound barrier, but NO WAAAAYYYY could he be fast enough to hit real lightning!!!! Oda miiiiiiight have exaggerated a bit....;)

Also lightning has the capability of reachhing light speeds it is not as stagnant in speed as light and @Das your probably right.... no one (Don't care if your WB or BB) would be living after a direct.
 
Last edited:

Ashura_Ichibugin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Messages
100
Reaction score
33
Gender
Hidden
Country
Turkey
Luffy Second Gear might breach the sound barrier, but NO WAAAAYYYY could he be fast enough to hit real lightning!!!! Oda miiiiiiight have exaggerated a bit....;)
Enel has lightning speed, not lightning reflexes. First he should see the punch, than react to it, than he is at the speed of lightning. If the punch hits him before he starts moving, his speed has no use.
 

undertoe

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
309
Reaction score
116
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Umm al-Qaiwan
I have a feeling we have yet to see the full extent of Smoker's abilities... Note that all his attacks are based on "white." Since when is smoke only white? I'm sure he has some attacks based on very acrid black smoke up his sleeve.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
But I don't think Kizaru moves at that speed anyway, if he kicked someone at the speed of light, allot more shit would happen at the receiving end.
Nothing would happen, if you move at the speed of light, you become light. :p
 

beastboy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2009
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
284
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I think Enel must have done something about being weak against people who can touch him, and maybe he got rid of a bit of his god complex (not all, he would lose the fun), so I guess that when we see him in the blue sea, if we see him, he is going to be a little more powerfull.
And I agree with the person who said, he has lightning speed, not lightning reflexes..
A normal human reaction time is 1 sec. if you're paying attention and trained, you're reaction time would be like 0,1 sec.!
But Enel has the Bonus of Mantra, so he would see things first, he would be able to react in less than 0,0002 sec if he was habituated to dodge, but is logia made him almost unable to dodge, his natural reflexes went to waste cause, in sky island, he never felt the need to dodge.
So while he could predict attacks, he didn't move right after the attack.. I mean, when Luffy stretches the arm back, he is wide open, he could just punch him, but he couldn't react in time, so he could only dodge cause he was thunder...
Yet he was unable to dodge the octopus attack, because without the Mantra Bonus, he could not react in time, and he didn't try to move before the punch hit his face....

So a trained Enel, that trained is reflexes, would pwn NORMAL Luffy in no time.
And with that, pwn every thingle being wich has not haki..

Yet, has he went down with a reject, he wouldn't handle a Rokuougan, and would lose to every experienced Haki user, that could find a way to bind him!
 

Dasbones

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
157
Reaction score
35
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
However , about Smoker , I'm sorry but I really can't agree :p , his fruit seems so harmless to me. Actually the only damage potentiel he had was his seastone weapon.
Now that Hancock broke it , I don't see Smoker able to beat anyone worth to be mentioned. That's why I can't see him as a future admiral btw.
It's hardly worthless, its a great defense. I never said it was any more powerful offensively, but I really can't see most of the other logias actually being able to destroy the smoke; Kuzan cannot freeze smoke, Fire cannot destroy it, since fire requires oxygen in order to burn, Magma has shown it's worth as destroying everything short of Marco's mythic fire. I agree with you in the sense that the smoke itself is not that powerful at all, its more how you use it that matters; but I never actually stated that Smoker could beat anyone below him on the list, but his smoke power is something that's difficult to destroy, since it's formless.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Hmm, wouldn't Akainu do the same to Smoker he did to Ace? Also, Aokiji could at least create a prison that Smoker couldn't escape...
 

Dasbones

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
157
Reaction score
35
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well that's just Kuzan using his power in a more creative way, it doesn't mean it outright beats Smoker's power though.

As for Akainu, his logia is pure destructive force, I'm not holding out on the possibility that Smoker could survive an attack from him, its just very unlikely
 

St Michael

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
166
Reaction score
34
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Hmm, wouldn't Akainu do the same to Smoker he did to Ace? Also, Aokiji could at least create a prison that Smoker couldn't escape...
There is a difference between what Aka Inu could do to Smoker , and what lava fruit can do to Smoker's.

I'm part of the people who think that Aka Inu used haki to burn Ace's fist , instead of any lava superiority over fire.

Besides the punch through Ace is simple to explain : Ace wanted to protect Luffy from Sakazuki .. and he made himself tangible. Otherwise , the fist would have make his way to Luffy anyway.

Sum up : in don't believe in "Lava beat Fire" , "Hakized lava beat fire" seems more accurate to me.

Oups I got (again) carried away. There is no way the lava fruit alone could harm the smoke user. At least IMO , it would make no sense.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
But lava superiority was the explanation given by the series!

Also, before that, Akainu and Ace matched long ranged attacks, and Ace burnt his hand... so that makes not possible for the theory of ace being in the tangible state.
 
Top