Discussion Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Just random thought as I was rereading HxH.

In York Shin Arc before the meeting of Genei Ryodan it is mentioned, that since last meeting 3 years ago, two members has changed, number 4 (Hisoka) and 8. Now Kalluto joined Ryodan to find Alluka, the missing Zoldyck kid. Could it be, that Alluka has something to do with the changing of members during this 3 year period? Maybe he was the former number 4 or preferably 8 (as 4th was prolly killed by Hisoka).

Okay, I admit he's a bit young considering the time line. He's younger than Killua, but older than Kalluto, so around 11. But the heck, 10-year-old Kalluto is in the Spider and Killua is a monster though, so it's not entirely impossible.
 

Yuki-Onna

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 27, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Just random thought as I was rereading HxH.

In York Shin Arc before the meeting of Genei Ryodan it is mentioned, that since last meeting 3 years ago, two members has changed, number 4 (Hisoka) and 8. Now Kalluto joined Ryodan to find Alluka, the missing Zoldyck kid. Could it be, that Alluka has something to do with the changing of members during this 3 year period? Maybe he was the former number 4 or preferably 8 (as 4th was prolly killed by Hisoka).

Okay, I admit he's a bit young considering the time line. He's younger than Killua, but older than Kalluto, so around 11. But the heck, 10-year-old Kalluto is in the Spider and Killua is a monster though, so it's not entirely impossible.
By the picture shown in ch. 229 Alluka should be around Illumi and Milluki's age. I think you're right in saying that he was the former #8 spot though.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

By the picture shown in ch. 229 Alluka should be around Illumi and Milluki's age. I think you're right in saying that he was the former #8 spot though.
Hunter x Hunter wikia however states that Alluka is the second youngest brother. And in that pic, I don't think Alluka looks much older than Killua.

On a side note, as I've kept reading on, Killua mentioned Silva's order to stay away from Ryodan after an incident that happened "2-3 years ago". Matches pretty neatly with the last meeting of Ryodan.

If Togashi somwehow manages to progress with the story, I think hte mystery of Alluka and his connection to Ryodan will be a major plot point.

And as personal theory, what if this Ryodan/Zoldyck incident actually was Silva having to kill Alluka as a Ryodan member? Now that would make amazing drama and give more depth to Zoldyck family. However, I don't know how this would be overall plotwise of any signifigance.
 

den_lim

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
36
Reaction score
18
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

No news about this series?
 

•Sasuke•

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
869
Reaction score
7,307
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

No news about this series?
No.
I think that the best for now is to wait till we found some news on mangastream. Their group will post something on their site when some news is on the WSJ magazine.
I know it's a mess but for now is the best option.

:(
 

Halso

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

It's such a shame about this series. I only hope that if/when togashi continues, he doesnt only produce 10 chapters and takes another break.

I want the ant arc to end and to get on with the REAL story.

I THINK i heard somewhere that the series might resume in march, but dont quote me on it. I think it was somewhere on the MangaStream forums.
 

v3g374

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Messages
122
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

What are you talking about? :P
This chrimera arc is the best so far. :)
 

mak123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
520
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Well, the best is YSC arc ^_^
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

So I recently picked up this series and I was wondering what the deal with the numerous unfinished pages/chapters is?

There are quite a few pages throughout the series which seem to be just quick sketches without backgrounds or any movement.
 

v3g374

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Messages
122
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Pick up the tankoubons, not the wj chapters.
 

Magnus

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2010
Messages
313
Reaction score
63
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Yes the tankobon are way better.
But I'd rather have poor sketches with a story moving on than nothing as it is now.
 

v3g374

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Messages
122
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

sometimes the poor sketches actually works better, it gives the pages some sort of stylish look and helps focusing the characters more...
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Just caught up with this series, I noticed that quite a few of the chapters had notices at the end indicating breaks in serialization, how often do these normally last? Because, if I understand correctly this last break has been going on for nearly 9 entire months now?
 

IamJacky

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2010
Messages
136
Reaction score
135
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Just caught up with this series, I noticed that quite a few of the chapters had notices at the end indicating breaks in serialization, how often do these normally last? Because, if I understand correctly this last break has been going on for nearly 9 entire months now?
the current hiatus has been going on since June 2010 so yeah it's about 9 months now; the last hiatus went on for about a year in 2009; and the one before about half a year...

the author shows the tendency of getting back into serialization for 10 chapters before getting back into hiatus each time.

currently there's still no news in regards to when HxH will come back, which really, really sucks.
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Wow, so he writes enough for 2.5 months per year and takes the other 9.5 months off? What a lazy bum.
 

luffyg2

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
39
Age
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Well I think it's because of some healt problem ... if he was just lazy they would stop publishing his manga ...I dont think such professionalism would not be tolerate in Japan
 

Josl

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
241
Reaction score
321
Gender
Male
Country
Austria

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

All I am saying is that 2.5 months worth of manga without any disabilities or sickness taken into account shows a lack of commitment.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

All I am saying is that 2.5 months worth of manga without any disabilities or sickness taken into account shows a lack of commitment.
Well, no one really knows why exactly he does not write the manga. Rumors are numerous at best. Some time ago I read he was actually sick and could not write hence the hiatuses. Later on someone said the author actually dispised the very notion of drawing a manga and since he is who he is he simply placed the manga on hiatus and went on to other projects. The other rumor is that he is too busy doing his wife (who is the mangaka from sailor moon) and taking care of the children.... Who knows. I for one have given up on seeing a proper end to this manga. I honestly think the author will simply rush finish it (kinda like yu yu hakusho, the last arc was done in 15 chapters lol) or die before he actually gets anywhere near the end. Seriously, with the ants, the ryodan and gon's dad there is already enough plot material for 300 more chapters. There is no way this guy is going to live long enough to properly finish the manga lol.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top