Hangout Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02]

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
1st Quarter 2050? :XD
I mean IT COULD.

But I don't know why I'm feeling HxHish. I think it will come out soon.
Still, if I have to wait I just don't mind. Togashi taught me patience (?)
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I mean IT COULD.

But I don't know why I'm feeling HxHish. I think it will come out soon.
Still, if I have to wait I just don't mind. Togashi taught me patience (?)
I hope so. I also think when he returns, he will return with more than 10 and possibly more than 20 chapters. My theory was that this arc concludes in 30 chaps, so that is what he might be going for.
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
That moment when you're waiting for Togashi, while people are waiting for you TO MAKE A LIST OF YOUR TOP 10 HxH CHARACTERS...

:heh
@shionoro
 

Rizaadxn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Messages
687
Reaction score
984
Age
23
Country
United Kingdom
He will come back in the third quarter 2021, drop 10 chapters, then leave again for 3 years :crying
 

DDed

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
215
Reaction score
172
Age
29
Country
Vietnam
That moment when you're waiting for Togashi, while people are waiting for you TO MAKE A LIST OF YOUR TOP 10 HxH CHARACTERS...

:heh
@shionoro
Lol, I don't even have to vote because I am 100% know that Killua is gonna win XD
Gon was 3 or so
Leorio is still top 10 despite not getting his time to shine yet
Hisoka or Kurapika are gonna be like 2 or 4 (I think the westerns like Hisoka while Kurapika was likeable in Japan)
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I am sorry, i have a personal conviction against top ten lists or ratings @uberfayt @Uriel
It goes against my deepest philosophical beliefs. I am not even kidding.

The thought of one character being better than another is alien to me, as characters are parts of a whole and all play their distinct parts.

Killua is not an inherently better character than, say, binolt. He just has the role of a likeable maincharacter while binolt has the role of a relatively despicable side character. It is obvious which character is better liked, but that is supposed to be like this and not a seal of quality.
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I am sorry, i have a personal conviction against top ten lists or ratings @uberfayt @Uriel
It goes against my deepest philosophical beliefs. I am not even kidding.

The thought of one character being better than another is alien to me, as characters are parts of a whole and all play their distinct parts.

Killua is not an inherently better character than, say, binolt. He just has the role of a likeable maincharacter while binolt has the role of a relatively despicable side character. It is obvious which character is better liked, but that is supposed to be like this and not a seal of quality.
No worries Shio ^^
I guess it depends on how you see lists. Personally, the ranking in the lists doesn't mean a lot to me, what I like to see is who voted for whom (kinda like Ging in the election arc) to understand some people's preferences, then engage in conversations to give more detail on some characters. This latter point is what's truly fun for me.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Lol, I don't even have to vote because I am 100% know that Killua is gonna win XD
Gon was 3 or so
Leorio is still top 10 despite not getting his time to shine yet
Hisoka or Kurapika are gonna be like 2 or 4 (I think the westerns like Hisoka while Kurapika was likeable in Japan)
If Killua doesn't win everything will be bad in the world (?


I am sorry, i have a personal conviction against top ten lists or ratings @uberfayt @Uriel
It goes against my deepest philosophical beliefs. I am not even kidding.

The thought of one character being better than another is alien to me, as characters are parts of a whole and all play their distinct parts.

Killua is not an inherently better character than, say, binolt. He just has the role of a likeable maincharacter while binolt has the role of a relatively despicable side character. It is obvious which character is better liked, but that is supposed to be like this and not a seal of quality.
It's not a ranking on the qualities of the characters, it's just a popularity poll of sorts. The intention is to have fun by contrasting your view against with others and discuss the characters as they are shown.

There were some interesting debates as well as part of that.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
If Killua doesn't win everything will be bad in the world (?



It's not a ranking on the qualities of the characters, it's just a popularity poll of sorts. The intention is to have fun by contrasting your view against with others and discuss the characters as they are shown.

There were some interesting debates as well as part of that.
Yeah I do understand that, I just do not really like these things, comparing views with others as basis to talk about a character.

I'd love to talk about some characters i am fond of, but not as part of a list.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah I do understand that, I just do not really like these things, comparing views with others as basis to talk about a character.

I'd love to talk about some characters i am fond of, but not as part of a list.
Maybe we you could do a character debate each week. With this hiatus, I don't think we will finish even if we do one per day.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Maybe we you could do a character debate each week. With this hiatus, I don't think we will finish even if we do one per day.
I might actually, super busy right now but that would probably be fun. I'd start with Melody <.<
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

After all, i argued with someone about HxH today and when i was searching for proof in the manga, i got hyped again just by reading some panels and got into 'lamenting hiatus' mode.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I might actually, super busy right now but that would probably be fun. I'd start with Melody <.<
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

After all, i argued with someone about HxH today and when i was searching for proof in the manga, i got hyped again just by reading some panels and got into 'lamenting hiatus' mode.
That is me every day. I mean about arguing. (?)
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That is me every day. I mean about arguing. (?)
I rarely argue with people nowadays. I used to do it a lot, far too much for my own good. Now I am only arguing with myself most of the time. I guess it comes with teaching. I do sometimes teach people and when you teach them, you kinda learn not to argue but think deeply about how to make them see what they should see and explain without inciting resistance.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I am going to make a bold prediction
and yeah maybe I will be wrong but whatever.

HxH will return in April just because
and within the next ten chapters

THE BOAT WILL SINK
 

DDed

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
215
Reaction score
172
Age
29
Country
Vietnam
I am going to make a bold prediction
and yeah maybe I will be wrong but whatever.

HxH will return in April just because
and within the next ten chapters

THE BOAT WILL SINK
Nah, I think is Silent Majority resolved
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I am going to make a bold prediction
and yeah maybe I will be wrong but whatever.

HxH will return in April just because
and within the next ten chapters

THE BOAT WILL SINK
Wooooo, calm down Titanic. Although there could be vibes of it.

My prediction is that in the next 10 chapters one of the top princes will die. And we will see another Genei Ryodan member killed by Hisoka.
 
Top