Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keirin

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
84
Reaction score
37
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Finland
Nice episode, I'd give 9/10!
I think the voices fit pretty well, but I preferred Feitan's voice from '99. Need to get used to shalnark's voice. Kuroro's voice disturbs me a little, because everytime he speaks, I think of Kiba from Wolf's rain (same voice actor).
And next time we'll see
Kurapika's and senritsu's chat, handwrestling and hopefully the ''family? What's that?''- scene :P
 

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Kuroro... they took away his shirt after all... He's no exhibitionist, dammit... And now it's church the Ryodaan are gathering at...? Seriously...? In short, I'm not fond of the changes and how Shalnark and (surprisingly) Pakunoda sounds and a few others but to a lesser degree...

Well, I like the teltale shot of, uh, lewd Hisoka. And I laughted when I heard clicking of Paku's heels after recalling that in this version she actually has flats, which means it was the ghost clicking that came back to hunt her from the old anime:teehee

On a serious note, though, what's going on so far is that Madhouse overstates and adds things to an uncomfortable degree ruining the atmosphere and making the character go ooc. Like with Kurapika's inner rage that's supposed to be quiet and hidden (yet still intense)... Like with Kuroro's madness that's supposed to be only visible after a very very good long look... Like with the Ryodan gathering (sorry, but the manga and the first anime made it look a lot more grand than the unnecessary symbolism Madhouse added to literally everything)... It's because things are subtle and understated in the manga that the impact they have on the reader is so profound...

I'm trying not to whine much, I'm really trying, believe me, but it looks like this is the first time when I actually have to say that I prefer the old anime (and above all, the original manga) to what Madhouse is doing with the Genei Ryodan arc so far... I have a feeling that the timeslot and its implication of kids watching has something to do with the fact that they spoon-feed all the things to their viewers, so that the kids understand everything... Alternatively, Madhouse is just trying too hard...
A question for those that understand Japanese...does Feitan still speak weirdly? I can't tell.
Yeah, his lines are the same as in the manga, practically word for word.
 
Last edited:

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Hm, Neon looks better than I thought. Her VA is good too. GR are great as well, but Shalnark's seiyu doesn't fit him imo =/
I think that much of a built-up for GR was unnecessary. Manga version was definitely better. And I'm disappointed they omitted the Gon & Killua challenge =(
Still, the atmosphere was just great, and I can't give this episode less than 9/10.

Yeah, didn't get the part with Chrollo&Hisoka from preview. Will it be a filler scene or this? http://www.mangareader.net/207-14085-19/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-76.html I think it's a bit too early for that scene, but... We'll se huh =)
Now, they adapted roughly three pages from the next chapter and omitted four from the current. I don't know if we can hope to see this (http://www.mangareader.net/207-14082-20/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-73.html) scene next week, but it would be a really great end for an episode. Another posibillity is either http://www.mangareader.net/207-14082-13/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-73.html or the Hisoka and Chrollo scene.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
In the manga Neon says "oh please. He's with a women." I don't like how they changed it to "he must be golfing."
Seriously we can have Killua rip out Jonas heart but we can't have extra martial affairs?
I actually believe they did that in order to make the character fit. If you think about it, you NEVER see him with many woman or being a lover. He's just a man for business and business only. I think it's a wise decision in order to make his portray better.

The whole "only nen users can visit the Hunter website" is not from the manga and I have to wonder if it might be contradictory.
But to be fair, it's more interesting than looking at a computer screen. I do like how it was just virtual reality.
makes you appreciate Greed Island more
I loved that detail. Made the website more interesting. When I found out later chapters, I realized that Hunter Website was a shame. More if you consider some other characters with certain mouse looks...
(I request a GIF and image of Gon trying to grab the drink XD)
GIF REQUESTS:
Nabunaga vs. Franklin as Menchi and feiten walk off
Gon trying to the virtual drink
Neon using her ability



On a serious note, though, what's going on so far is that Madhouse overstates and adds things to an uncomfortable degree ruining the atmosphere and making the character go ooc. Like with Kurapika's inner rage that's supposed to be quiet and hidden (yet still intense)... Like with Kuroro's madness that's supposed to be only visible after a very very good long look... Like with the Ryodan gathering (sorry, but the manga and the first anime made it look a lot more grand than the unnecessary symbolism Madhouse added to literally everything)... It's because things are subtle and understated in the manga that the impact they have on the reader is so profound...
Seriously? I think they're doing a better job at handling the symbolism behind the GR. The family feel, the bonds between them, their dynamics, their roles...It's all hinted there. The church, the religion, the belief leading to the cross, the man of the reversed cross.

And I believe that the madness was not there. He's a thief after all and he looks like one. After seeing other crazy characters I think He's quite stable xD He looks calm, yet motivational. EXACTLY the feel He has all the time, the enjoyment of the crime.

About the inner rage...I partially agree, since I like this more than the emo-girly stuff they did in the old anime.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks for posting these gifs Uriel :D

BADASS :hip


DAT animation! :hee


dammit... now I really want to see Nobunaga fight.... WHY!?! do you have to be on hiatus Togashi! :crying

EDIT*

found another cool gif
 
Last edited:

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
They didn't show

Killua and Gon betting on who will get more money. I mean, I know they're ~super best best friends~, but I wanted to see that spat. Best friends fight about the little things too.

I'm guessing they cut this because of time constraints.

I think Shalnark's voice sounded the way it did because he's an always -smiling character, so the VA might have been trying to show that and make the voice sound upbeat. In the process, it made Shalnark sound like a young kid. This... will take some getting used to. It's not too bad though. I like how he's always smiling and upbeat, but I wish he sounds a bit older and less like a twelve-year-old.

The transition towards the end felt odd and sudden. It's like they just slapped a random 'Kurapika is watching the sunset seriously' scene while the ending theme played.

Other than that, I have no major complaints. I like how the transitions between scenes weren't jarring, considering how large the cast is today (We're dealing with the Nostrade employees, the Spiders, and Gon and Killua simultaneously). I also love how they handled the Dalzollene-Neon interaction in the car. Probably my favorite scene in this episode. Neon is adorable. <3

Can't wait for the next episode. Especially

The arm-wrestling with Shizuku and Gon. I hope Madhouse adds the bet between Gon and Killlua here too, even if they skipped it this week. I also want to see Killua gamble half his money away.

And then some Kurapika-Senritsu interaction, hopefully.

Also, Leorio returns. <3333

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, get ready for a lot of replies. I just have a lot to say, apparently,

By the way, I have a question for you guys: Have you managed to get any of your friends into Hunter x Hunter?
No :(. Some of them know HxH from the '99 series, but I think they're fine with just that. They won't look further into the remake or the manga.

I guess this is why I spend so much time in this forum. I don't have anyone to fangirl with IRL. I wonder what that says about me.

also am I the only who thought it was funny when Hisoka had that big grin on his face once he saw Chrollo?
That was hella funny. I didn't think we'd get another Hisoka rape face this week, but apparently, Madhouse loves them.

I hope Kurapika wears a suit. He looks cool with a ponytail.
I'm waiting for Baise to wear a suit. I keep staring at her in the ED.

It was cute when Gon tried to take the glass of whatever from the bartender. I mean, I wouldn't doubt Gon having tried alcohol given Mito runs a bar.
He's also a ladies' man given how he tours the women who visits the island. :teehee

I just realized that Gon has more experience than I do. And he's twelve.

Killua changes his outfit... again. Not that I mind, but the current one is my favorite. I actually like it when characters change outfits constantly. Now I'm imagining Gon opening up his closet to a plethora of green jackets and green shorts.
I'm starting to dig his current outfit. Killua sure is fashionable. :mono

On a serious note, though, what's going on so far is that Madhouse overstates and adds things to an uncomfortable degree ruining the atmosphere and making the character go ooc. Like with Kurapika's inner rage that's supposed to be quiet and hidden (yet still intense)... Like with Kuroro's madness that's supposed to be only visible after a very very good long look... Like with the Ryodan gathering (sorry, but the manga and the first anime made it look a lot more grand than the unnecessary symbolism Madhouse added to literally everything)... It's because things are subtle and understated in the manga that the impact they have on the reader is so profound...

I'm trying not to whine much, I'm really trying, believe me, but it looks like this is the first time when I actually have to say that I prefer the old anime (and above all, the original manga) to what Madhouse is doing with the Genei Ryodan arc so far... I have a feeling that the timeslot and its implication of kids watching has something to do with the fact that they spoon-feed all the things to their viewers, so that the kids understand everything... Alternatively, Madhouse is just trying too hard...
I miss the subtlety too, though I'm probably not as annoyed by the lack of it. At least Madhouse didn't go all out with Gon's personality. I can deal with taking away the subtlety in all the other characters except Gon. They better not touch him.

I wonder if the lack of subtlety has anything to do with the medium being used. I find that I'm much more aware of the subtleties when I read them as opposed to when I watch them. I feel like there's just so many things going on onscreen (lighting, colors, dialogue, music, backgrounds, etc...) that it's hard to focus on everything. I have to rewind to catch these subtleties and have them impact me. On the other hand, I can take my time reading the panels in the manga and soaking in whatever Togashi isn't explicitly saying. Which gives these little subtleties more impact. At least for me.

Though I wish Kurapika starts becoming colder soon. I really miss that side of him.


Long post is long. Why do I keep doing this.
 
Last edited:

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
You know, now that I think about it, it's great that they omitted Gon&Killua meeting Leorio for now. It's definitely better to show thing in chronological order in anime. For the same reason I look forward to
Abengane, cause when he met Gon&Biscuit after everyone in his group was blown up I didn't get what happened. It'd make more sense if they showed it in chronological order, first he asks Gon's group for help, then everybody explodes.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,689
Reaction score
61,399
Gender
Male
Country
France
GR voices fit well(especially Feitan and Chrollo),i don't like Shalnark voice but it fits to his character ,music was perfect too.I particularly liked Hisoka filler(his discussion with Machi shows that he doesn't fear Chrollo at all,it's easy to remark that he is trying to provoke him).Ratings will be surely better than last week.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You indeed love Neon, huh?
More that I found over here and there:


And remember all the complaints about darker atmosphere?

I particularly enjoy a lot Madhouse backgrounds. They're so full of life.

And again...Feitan is AWESOME.



Oh, and some three gifs from previous chapters that I forgot to add:


 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
in my female list (hxh) she's my number one, if
Alluka~chan is confirmed female then she (Neon) is my number 2.
Since only a few people in tumblr made gif's of her, I decided to make a few...
I guess I'll be making some gif next time when the fight starts, I almost forgot how to do this....
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I said before there is a family vibe to the Phantom Troupe but now thinking about it.

I say there is a family vibe in the entire episode and I believe for the whole Yorknew Arc

This arc is basically one big huge Family Feud

You got the

1. Spider Family
2. Nostrade Mafia Family
3. Light and Neon Family
4. The Main 4 Family (Gon, Killua, Leorio, Kurapika)
5. The Kurta Family as represented by Kurapika

And then you have Hisoka who seems like he doesn't really belong...much of anywhere. Nobunage may be a samurai. But I think Hisoka is the true ronin.

It's been said before that Kurapika is the mom and Leorio the dad. But I don't get this vibe. I see all four as brothers. Gon and Killua are the younger
brothers and Kurapika and Leorio are the older brothers. I don't see the mom and dad aspect because I don't see Kurapika or Leorio controlling the
group at all. Kurapika is not a motherly figure. Even with the group he builds up a wall when it comes to his revenge. To Kurapika it's his problem
and he doesn't want others getting in the way. Kurapika cares about the others but at the same time I'm not sure Kurapika wouldn't have fought
the others to go down the short path had Gon not figure out his clever and yet simple trick. Actually I think all Kurapika, Killua and Leorio would
have fought each other. Killua would to protect Gon from losing (as Killua doesn't care about the Hunter Exam himself). Leorio and Kurapika would
because of their drive and ambitions. Though Leorio is more likely to quit and just be the sacrifice---after killing Tonpa probably. Gon has the
ambition for sure but he has a my way or the highway type attitude. Gon figured out the trick because he was just that stubborn. Gon refused
to give into and fall prey to the trap of majority rules.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Yay I got to watch an episode on Sunday! And a very good one at that! I'm loving the Spiders' voices, particularly Feitan the badass. Shalnark's is my least favourite though. He sounded pretty good when calm but then he began sounding like a twelve-year old. Neon's voice is also awesome. I love how cute she is in the new anime, and I'm loving that Poo cell phone accessory. Nice to see Hisoka with some new colours, they look pretty good. Overall I think this episode did a great job handling so many different characters, it was a lot more coherent than the episode that came out two weeks ago.
 

heron bpv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
254
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Just watched. Pretty nice, liked all the voices so far, though I think Uvo could be screaming bloody rage a little more =P
Shalnark is awesome, reminds me of his voice actor of the '99 brazilian version and fits his character. The let down goes to Feitang, the brazilian voice puts this one to shame any day of the week =D
The rest is ok, as far as the voices goes, and the fillers, though bothersome, showed interesting details of the Ryodan and the work of Neon's bodyguards (stick there while I have fun, b****es). Oh, and is the competition between Gon and Killua before or after they take some losses? Can't remember right now.
 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
-EPISODE 41-

-Manga: Chapters 70, second half of chapter 71, First part of chapter 72
-Nippon's Adaptation: Episodes 50, 51


Nippon's adaptation did not show the cafe sign. Not that we could read it.




The homepage is different between the three versions.





Madhouse's adaptation gave us a brief description of the site.



Madhouse's adaptation did this scene in reverse. In the manga, Gon inputted his license's number before swiping the card. Nippon's adaptation shows us the number.

-Panel 1-
-"Enter License Number."

-Panel 2
- "Please Swipe License."





The wanted posters are absent in both adaptations.





A look at the site and browsing it. The design in Nippon's adaptation is closer to the manga. In Nippon's adaptation Gon also clicks on other characters before the bartender. Gon's feeling about paying the fee is not in the manga.





Madhouse's adaptation made getting into the site by nen. And this is something we will see in the future. This is not something new if you know what's coming. Although I don't need to mention because they do tell us about Greed Island and how it's played. The scene in the manga was normal, although it had a "twisted" looking background.




The glass is a hologram an not real.



Nippon's adaptation kept it normal, but they added a voice recording of one of the game's owners.



A look at some of what they are selling.



A filler scene in Nippon's adaptation between Kurapika and Senritsu.



The town square.





Madhouse's adaptation omitted the challenge between Gon and Kurapika. And it's a shame because I really wanted to see it! Hopefully they'll bring it up next episode. The scene including Togashi's advice is in Nippon's adaptation.


=Page 1=
-Panel 1-

- Gon: "How much left?"
- Killua: "... 10.84 million jenny combined."

-Panel 2-
- Killua: "That geezer tricked us!! What a fraud!!"
- Gon: "The first vase sold for double, too..."
- Killua: "Yeah, that was the trap>"

-Panel 3-
- Killua: "He let us get chump change so we'd trust him..." - "... Then he swindled an arm an a leg from us."

-Panel 4-
- Gon: "I told you we should stick with reputable sites!!"
- Killua: "It took us 8 hours to make a measly J985! How many centuries will it take to make 8 billion?!"
- Gon: "It's better than losing money!"
- Killua: "You thought it was a good idea, too!!"
- Gon: "Oh yeah?!"
- Killua: "Yeah!!"
- Togashi: "Without substantial experience, making big purchases based on photographs is risky business. Caveat Emptor."

=Page 2=
-Panel 1-

- Gon: "All right, let's see who can do this better!!"
- Killua: "You'll be sorry."

-Panel 2-
- Gon: "We have two weeks until the auction. Take 5.42 million each..."
- Killua: "Bring it on!"

-Panel 3-
- Gon: "... And whoever has more money at 9 PM on Aug. 31 wins!!"
- Killua: "Fine." - "And if you lose?!"

-Panel 4-
- Gon: "You do one thing the winner asks!!"

-Panel 5-
- Killua: You're on!" - "Ill bury you in gold!"

-Panel 6-
- "Ready..." - "Set..."

Panel 7-
- "Go!!"






Back to Kurapika and the gang. In Nippon's adaptation they talk to Squalla first instead of Dalzollene. Senritsu's trophy is different and Baise's skull got a different shape.





We see then the portrait man, who was the guy we saw at the end of the previous episode. In Madhouse's adaption he looks like he's wrapped in plastic! In Nippon's adaptation he looks scary!





Here's Eliza.



And here's Neon. Now I know some have complained about her colors, but I don't have a problem with it. Almost looks like Gothic style and the first one to come to mind is Stocking. Personally, I didn't like her Nippon's colors. Too much pink for my taste.



Stocking for those who don't know:




A filler scene between the guards and what they think of Neon.



Hmm... looks like we skipping some of chapter 71 and we get an early look of THE PHANTOM TROUPE!!


Here's what I think of the voices:

- Shalnark: It fits.
- Pakunoda: Smexy!
- Phinks: Cool!
- Uvogin: Super Cool!
- Shizuku: It fits.

Phinks does not wear his Pharaoh outfit! Even though we saw it in the opening theme. Bonolenov's design is also different. Early in the manga, his bandages had a different shape that later changed to regular bandages. I guess Togashi made it that way to be easier to draw.






A filler scene of Hisoka in Nippon's adaptation.



Episode 51 of Nippon's adaptation start with this scene talking about Yorknew. And speaking of which, I think these backgrounds are lazy! Yes, we get it... The city is called Yorknew and it's based on New York! But couldn't they make their own backgrounds instead of these saturated pictures of the real New York without any alterations?!



A change of dialogue here. Madhouse's adaptation made Nostrade's excuse to be absent is playing golf and hunting instead of having some time with a woman.

- Dalzollene: "They're close friends of your father..."
- Neon: "And where's daddy?"
- Dalzollene: "He has a meeting he can't-"
- Neon: 'Please. He's with a woman."




Side note: One of her phone straps is a doll of Pu from YuYu Hakusho.


"I'm sorry, but I think I'm in the wrong show! Nobody else got Moe eyes but me!"


We see here Neon's ability. Madhouse gave the phantom a blue/purple color. Nippon's adaptation made it green and I swear every time I look at it I keep thinking of Slimer from Ghostbusters! Both version showed us how the phantom writes by controlling Neon's hand. This was not shown in the manga.




And just in case you don't know Slimer:



"Meow"


Then we see the second patch of the Phantom Troupe.


What I think of their voices:
- Nobunaga: Good enough.
- Feitan: Mega cool!!
- Franklin: Good enough.

Side note: Feitan speaks in a special manner in Viz's translation. Feitan uses wrong grammar like how a person tries to speak a language he's not fluent with and often chooses the wrong words or inaccurate grammar. For example, here Feitan says "I don't like Hisoka". In the manga he says "I no like Hisoka". There's a reason why he speaks like this and it's revealed in the Chimera Ants arc.


Another thing to note is Franklin's design. Madhouse got it right, but in Nippon's adaptation he had piercings/rings instead of the stitches and he had green sleeve thingies that cover his earlobes.




Next scene is from chapter 71 and yes, both adaptations moved it early on.




Nostrade is here... and his hair is brown? Didn't see that coming. I always thought his hair is white or light gray.



Back to the previous chapter, we finally see the Spiders together!



In the previous desert scene, there was an extra dialogue between Feitan and Machi that got moved to this scene.


-Panel 1-
- Machi: "What do you thin he's after?" - "I bet it'll be some old books." - "He loves books."

-Panel 2-
- Feitan: "No." - "Must be game."

-Panel 3-
- Machi: "Game?"
- Feitan: "They have most expensive game in world here."

-Panel 4-
- "Most dangerous too." - "Makes me curious."

-Panel 5-
- Machi: "But's it's only a game."
- Feitan: "Well..." - "... He'll tell us."


Unfortunately, this awesome scene was not shown. Hopefully it'll be brought back when they're on the move.


As for Chrollo's voice, I think it's badass.


In this scene, the mummy in Nippon's adaptation was not shown. Or to be exact they tried to censor it using Dalzollene's head like it's too gruesome to be shown...! Madhouse gave us the mummy like any normal one.



8.5/10
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
-EPISODE 41-

-Manga: Chapters 70, second half of chapter 71, First part of chapter 72
-Nippon's Adaptation: Episodes 50, 51


Nippon's adaptation did not show the cafe sign. Not that we could read it.




The homepage is different between the three versions.





Madhouse's adaptation gave us a brief description of the site.



Madhouse's adaptation did this scene in reverse. In the manga, Gon inputted his license's number before swiping the card. Nippon's adaptation shows us the number.

-Panel 1-
-"Enter License Number."

-Panel 2
- "Please Swipe License."





The wanted posters are absent in both adaptations.





A look at the site and browsing it. The design in Nippon's adaptation is closer to the manga. In Nippon's adaptation Gon also clicks on other characters before the bartender. Gon's feeling about paying the fee is not in the manga.





Madhouse's adaptation made getting into the site by nen. And this is something we will see in the future. This is not something new if you know what's coming. Although I don't need to mention because they do tell us about Greed Island and how it's played. The scene in the manga was normal, although it had a "twisted" looking background.




The glass is a hologram an not real.



Nippon's adaptation kept it normal, but they added a voice recording of one of the game's owners.



A look at some of what they are selling.



A filler scene in Nippon's adaptation between Kurapika and Senritsu.



The town square.





Madhouse's adaptation omitted the challenge between Gon and Kurapika. And it's a shame because I really wanted to see it! Hopefully they'll bring it up next episode. The scene including Togashi's advice is in Nippon's adaptation.


=Page 1=
-Panel 1-

- Gon: "How much left?"
- Killua: "... 10.84 million jenny combined."

-Panel 2-
- Killua: "That geezer tricked us!! What a fraud!!"
- Gon: "The first vase sold for double, too..."
- Killua: "Yeah, that was the trap>"

-Panel 3-
- Killua: "He let us get chump change so we'd trust him..." - "... Then he swindled an arm an a leg from us."

-Panel 4-
- Gon: "I told you we should stick with reputable sites!!"
- Killua: "It took us 8 hours to make a measly J985! How many centuries will it take to make 8 billion?!"
- Gon: "It's better than losing money!"
- Killua: "You thought it was a good idea, too!!"
- Gon: "Oh yeah?!"
- Killua: "Yeah!!"
- Togashi: "Without substantial experience, making big purchases based on photographs is risky business. Caveat Emptor."

=Page 2=
-Panel 1-

- Gon: "All right, let's see who can do this better!!"
- Killua: "You'll be sorry."

-Panel 2-
- Gon: "We have two weeks until the auction. Take 5.42 million each..."
- Killua: "Bring it on!"

-Panel 3-
- Gon: "... And whoever has more money at 9 PM on Aug. 31 wins!!"
- Killua: "Fine." - "And if you lose?!"

-Panel 4-
- Gon: "You do one thing the winner asks!!"

-Panel 5-
- Killua: You're on!" - "Ill bury you in gold!"

-Panel 6-
- "Ready..." - "Set..."

Panel 7-
- "Go!!"






Back to Kurapika and the gang. In Nippon's adaptation they talk to Squalla first instead of Dalzollene. Senritsu's trophy is different and Baise's skull got a different shape.





We see then the portrait man, who was the guy we saw at the end of the previous episode. In Madhouse's adaption he looks like he's wrapped in plastic! In Nippon's adaptation he looks scary!





Here's Eliza.



And here's Neon. Now I know some have complained about her colors, but I don't have a problem with it. Almost looks like Gothic style and the first one to come to mind is Stocking. Personally, I didn't like her Nippon's colors. Too much pink for my taste.



Stocking for those who don't know:




A filler scene between the guards and what they think of Neon.



Hmm... looks like we skipping some of chapter 71 and we get an early look of THE PHANTOM TROUPE!!


Here's what I think of the voices:

- Shalnark: It fits.
- Pakunoda: Smexy!
- Phinks: Cool!
- Uvogin: Super Cool!
- Shizuku: It fits.

Phinks does not wear his Pharaoh outfit! Even though we saw it in the opening theme. Bonolenov's design is also different. Early in the manga, his bandages had a different shape that later changed to regular bandages. I guess Togashi made it that way to be easier to draw.






A filler scene of Hisoka in Nippon's adaptation.



Episode 51 of Nippon's adaptation start with this scene talking about Yorknew. And speaking of which, I think these backgrounds are lazy! Yes, we get it... The city is called Yorknew and it's based on New York! But couldn't they make their own backgrounds instead of these saturated pictures of the real New York without any alterations?!



A change of dialogue here. Madhouse's adaptation made Nostrade's excuse to be absent is playing golf and hunting instead of having some time with a woman.

- Dalzollene: "They're close friends of your father..."
- Neon: "And where's daddy?"
- Dalzollene: "He has a meeting he can't-"
- Neon: 'Please. He's with a woman."




Side note: One of her phone straps is a doll of Pu from YuYu Hakusho.


"I'm sorry, but I think I'm in the wrong show! Nobody else got Moe eyes but me!"


We see here Neon's ability. Madhouse gave the phantom a blue/purple color. Nippon's adaptation made it green and I swear every time I look at it I keep thinking of Slimer from Ghostbusters! Both version showed us how the phantom writes by controlling Neon's hand. This was not shown in the manga.




And just in case you don't know Slimer:



"Meow"


Then we see the second patch of the Phantom Troupe.


What I think of their voices:
- Nobunaga: Good enough.
- Feitan: Mega cool!!
- Franklin: Good enough.

Side note: Feitan speaks in a special manner in Viz's translation. Feitan uses wrong grammar like how a person tries to speak a language he's not fluent with and often chooses the wrong words or inaccurate grammar. For example, here Feitan says "I don't like Hisoka". In the manga he says "I no like Hisoka". There's a reason why he speaks like this and it's revealed in the Chimera Ants arc.


Another thing to note is Franklin's design. Madhouse got it right, but in Nippon's adaptation he had piercings/rings instead of the stitches and he had green sleeve thingies that cover his earlobes.




Next scene is from chapter 71 and yes, both adaptations moved it early on.




Nostrade is here... and his hair is brown? Didn't see that coming. I always thought his hair is white or light gray.



Back to the previous chapter, we finally see the Spiders together!



In the previous desert scene, there was an extra dialogue between Feitan and Machi that got moved to this scene.


-Panel 1-
- Machi: "What do you thin he's after?" - "I bet it'll be some old books." - "He loves books."

-Panel 2-
- Feitan: "No." - "Must be game."

-Panel 3-
- Machi: "Game?"
- Feitan: "They have most expensive game in world here."

-Panel 4-
- "Most dangerous too." - "Makes me curious."

-Panel 5-
- Machi: "But's it's only a game."
- Feitan: "Well..." - "... He'll tell us."


Unfortunately, this awesome scene was not shown. Hopefully it'll be brought back when they're on the move.


As for Chrollo's voice, I think it's badass.


In this scene, the mummy in Nippon's adaptation was not shown. Or to be exact they tried to censor it using Dalzollene's head like it's too gruesome to be shown...! Madhouse gave us the mummy like any normal one.



8.5/10

As always, excellent comparison. :)


You know what I think they should do? They should have the Phantom Troupe Power Walk as the intro before the opening.
 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
Now just to let this out of the way, I don't have a problem with Shalnark's voice. Why? Because I heard it before and got used to it in the past. Shal is voiced by Noriko Hidaka who voiced Seta Sojiro in Rurouni Kenshin. If I didn't have a problem with it back then, why should I have one now? Just because this is Hunter x Hunter?!



Plus, I got used to the who male characters voiced by females (Goku, Kesnhin, Luffy, Komatsu, etc)
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Shalnarks voice ain't bad it's just i'm so used to his old English dub voice lol.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top