Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
On the "dumb", it was just a joke :P. Kurapika simply had no way of knowing that it used Emission, as you put it quite well.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
On the "dumb", it was just a joke :P. Kurapika simply had no way of knowing that it used Emission, as you put it quite well.
Ok then.

I see the manga as Kurapika making a lucky guess as to the ability but making the logical conclusion that Tocino was the user.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
There is a large thread to talk about Nen Abilities. And it's abandoned. Give it some love, please.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
There is a large thread to talk about Nen Abilities. And it's abandoned. Give it some love, please.
Well I was talking about an alleged mistake by Madhouse so I do think it fits here but which thread are you talking about?
 

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
...wait. Tochino said to Kurapika that he was right (he was a Manipulator), right? Well... in this very episode he said that Franklin was "also an Emitter". Keyword being "also".

Either A) Madhouse screwed up at one of the two scenes B) he just went along with what Kurapika said (after all, why reveal your Nen type like that?)... or C) It was a mistranslation.
I think it was a mistranslation.
In Japanese, 操作 (Sōsake) means Manipulator, and 放出系 (Hōshutsuke) means Emitter.

and after checking the episode I found that Kurapika clearly said : 放出系 (Hōshutsuke).
 
Last edited:

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I verified it myself too. I already knew "Sōsake" was Manipulator in Japanese. And Kurapika appears to say "Hōshutsuke". For the more skeptical, what Scuwala (when he says he is a Manipulator) and Kurapika (when he says Tochino's type) says is clearly different.

This may seem minor, but it has been bugged me ever since. I'm too sleepy to clearly explain why, but, after Kurapika's explanation, it always seemed like a logical deduction to me to conclude that he was an Emitter.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I verified it myself too. I already knew "Sōsake" was Manipulator in Japanese. And Kurapika appears to say "Hōshutsuke". For the more skeptical, what Scuwala (when he says he is a Manipulator) and Kurapika (when he says Tochino's type) says is clearly different.

This may seem minor, but it has been bugged me ever since. I'm too sleepy to clearly explain why, but, after Kurapika's explanation, it always seemed like a logical deduction to me to conclude that he was an Emitter.
How is it a logical deduction? How could Kurapika have known Tocino was an emitter?
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Killua had a logical deduction that Leorio was an enhancer. :derp
Based off of Hisoka's unreliable personality test. :)

Of course Emitter's are similar as their "not very detail oriented" may be confused with the "simple-minded" enhancer.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

About next episode. I REALLY hope they use the creepy shading on Uvogin when he's grinning
after eating Leech's brain

It would be a nice touch.
 

Noonealive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, i really want to see Uvo shine in the next episode. These sequences defined Uvo. Great way to build him up for whats to come to. As long as MH does it like the manga, It'll turn out great, I'm sure of it.. Of course i don't mind some creativity in the mix.
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Yeah, i really want to see Uvo shine in the next episode. These sequences defined Uvo. Great way to build him up for whats to come to.
I can't disagree with that.
Uvogin is actually one of the favorite phantom troupe member.But then again I like almost all of them.
Too bad he was the first to die.But his death did serve an important purpose and thankfully it wasn't just a fodder death.
I don't think I have seen anyone who doesn't like even one of the phantom troupe member.
The whole mafia community is chasing you down and trying to kill you and their reaction is to relax and play cards.There is just plain crazy and a bit overly confident on their part.In short,they are just outright mad.That's their charm.
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I always thought that, if Tochino was a Manipulator, he would be able to give more complex orders. It was already clear that his "creatures" were made of pure aura, so it was already obvious it used Emission. As to why it makes the most sense? Well, every time a Manipulator (when they do use it) uses Emission, it is used to achieve their Manipulation. In Tochino's case, his Manipulation would be used to make his Emission have any sense, which meant Emission would be the "primary type".

Could a Manipulator do it? Sure, but I don't think it would be as effective.

Let's just forget about it or move it to another thread, as I don't think this discussion belongs in this topic anymore.
 
Last edited:

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
why... this... bad ass episode only got a 3.0% (8/12)???
Source: here
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Olympics maybe? They did just end recently after all.
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Looks like it One Piece also dropped lower than usual too. Mind these ratings for HxH are still good but it's shown it can do better
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well I had top go to the library to see this since y webs out, and I have to say that was a pretty badass episode and I can't wait to see the rest of Uvogin!
 

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
When we see the last recap with 4.8%... No link rating-badass, obviously ^^ But yeah, don't worry =)

Oh, guys, I have a question about Chapter 77/Next episode and Kurapika's behavior :

I wonder why Dalzollene keep him. I mean, he lack of respect and doesn't listen instructions. His power ?

Kurapika seems to have a real problem with respect and authority : Leorio, Mizuken, Dal...
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
When we see the last recap with 4.8%... No link rating-badass, obviously ^^ But yeah, don't worry =)

Oh, guys, I have a question about Chapter 77/Next episode and Kurapika's behavior :

I wonder why Dalzollene keep him. I mean, he lack of respect and doesn't listen instructions. His power ?

Kurapika seems to have a real problem with respect and authority : Leorio, Mizuken, Dal...

1. Because Kurapika was strong enough to get out of the Flesh Collector's Mansion alive
2. Because Kurapika got the items

3. Because you'll see why

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

What I meant is that they could show Kurapika capturing Ubo and GR starting to chase them (without getting to the car chase yet tho). That'd be a great end for an episode.
And I didn't want to say they shouldn't include the flashbacks. The thing is most of them are covered already. There's only the vow and the Specialization part left.

Based off Episode 45 being called - × bit × promises high-speed according to Google Translate here's what I think 44 will end

It will end with Kurapika choking Uvogin and remembering the vow he made.

45 will then include more Kurapika and Mizuken flashback but only the part about making the vow. Then it will return to the car chase.

I think if we see character designs for the rest of the shadow beasts there's a good chance we'll see their fight
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
^ I don't think it's a good idea to reveal the vow part before the battle huh =O
Tho I don't see another explanation for the title.

On the second thought, it could explain right away why is Kurapika's chain so strong.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^ I don't think it's a good idea to reveal the vow part before the battle huh =O
Tho I don't see another explanation for the title.

On the second thought, it could explain right away why is Kurapika's chain so strong.
The manga already has Kurapika thinking in his head about the vow during the car chase and he explains it.
So the flashback would just be saying the same thing. Actually they could show them both at the same time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top