Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anyone else LIKE the music for this episode?

I just hope they tone it down with Chrollo's theme and the Requiem Theme for a while until you know when.

Also has anyone noticed that we have not heard World of Adventure in a VERY LONG TIME.

I miss it. Of course it wouldn't fit in Yorknew. But maybe some where in Greed Island?
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Yeah Chrollo's theme as well as the Requiem (which share the same melody really) have been a little overused lately. I hope that Madhouse doesn't forget to use older tracks like a lot of other long-running shonen series do (I'm looking at you Bleach, even though there seems to be a distinct sound in each of your arcs).
 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
-EPISODE 43-

Manga: Second half of chapter 73, most of chapter 75
Nippon's Adaptation: Episode 52, first half of episode 53


Nippon's adaptation have ruined the surprise by adding this scene



Madhouse's adaptation did not show the disguised Uvogin and Shalnark among the crowd. We do see them however in the previous scene on Nippon's adaptation



Nippon's adaptation added Ivlenkov getting concerned about the ones who got killed earlier.



Dalzollene remembering the prophecy is also filler



The stage





Franklin is on, and we see some new details inside his fingers instead of solid black shading like the manga and Nippon's adaptation





The first massacre is on. While not as gruesome as the manga, it's still gruesome. In Nippon's adaptation we barely can see anything.





Here's another example of bad film masters. We can't even see Tocino's men in Nippon's adaptation.




Tocino's injuries are mostly the same as the manga. In Nippon's adaptation his wounds were glowing.





Ivlenkov tries to help Tocino by throwing chairs at Franklin in Nippon's adaptation



Tocino gets shot on his head from the sides instead of the front and not as gruesome as the manga.





Ivlenkov's death got toned down. His brain and eyeballs did not pop out of his head and he doesn't stagger afterwards. In Nippon's adaptation Shizuku goes for Baise first but she got pushed aside by Ivlenkov and Shizuku hits his face instead.





Baise's death scene was creepy in both versions




A giant pool of blood in Madhouse's adaptation. In Nippon's adaptation we can't see it clearly.




Blinky. Another name change by Viz and got carried here. The original name for the vacuum cleaner is Deme-chan. 出目-でめ-Deme means "Pop Eyed" and it's a type of Gold Fish (demekin to be exact) and we can see that on its design. (The googly eyes and the fish tail). So, Blinky isn't that incorrect, but it's still not an accurate localization of the name. But then again I don't know if they could use "Popeye".




We see here Blinky sucks it the blood, but we don't see the moment it sucks in the bodies. The same thing in Nippon's adaptation.




We don't get to see the last survivor's face in Madhouse's adaptation. And instead of Franklin shooting him it was Feitan who decapitated him. We do get to see Blinky sucks in his body this time. In Nippon's adaptation the guy's face got covered by his hair.





In Nippon's adaptation Kurapika and Senritsu look for their comrades and they find one of Baise's bracelets.



A filler call between Dalzollene and Nostrade in Nippon's adaptation. And instead of all of them going after the Troupe, Dalzollene and Linssen stays behind to guard Neon.

- "I'm heading over!!" - "We'll meet at the overpass along Central Square!!" - "Squala, leave five dogs behind, just in case!!"




Uvo needs a bigger phone...!


The reference to Judas and Jesus are kept here. I should point out that this caught my attention the first time I read it. Does the world of HxH have the same religions as our world?



In Nippon's adaptation Shizuku asks about the ten Dons and Franklin answers her. The conversation is part of Uvogin's dialogue of Chrollo. And speaking of which, Uvo's reaction to Shizuku's question is priceless. The gang must have patience of steel dealing with her naivety!



Madhouse give us a first look of the Shadow Beasts.



A side not here: Chrollo in Madhouse's adaptation is reading a book instead of having a drink. I guess Phinks had all the cans from the previous episode.





Nippon's adaptation shows us how Gon is doing.




U MAD BRO?


The Troupe members are going to play cards from the get go in Nippon's adaptation.



We get to see Uvo breaks the neck of the guy and gave us a look from his perspective as well as Uvo crushing his head. In Nippon's adaptation we didn't see his neck and some black blood got added and Uvo didn't crush his head.






More Uvo massacre. In Nippon's adaptation he crushes the head of another guy but no blood was shown.




A short filler scene in Nippon's adaptation.



In the manga we have two snipers. Here we have just one. In Nippon's adaptation the first one got hit in the stomach and the other on his face.





Uvo's shirt remained intact after the explosion.





More toned down violence





In Nippon's adaptation Kurapika figures that Uvogin is an enhancer.



The face here looks too feminine if you asked me.



As mentioned earlier, Dalzollene and Lenssen are not here in Nippon's adaptation.





And now we have the Shadow Beasts. They look way better than what they are in Nippon's adaptation. Especially Worm. Rabid Dog's face in Nippon's adaptation is long to resemble a dog. In Nippon's adaptation also Squala explains who they are to Kurapika.










Overall, the episode is excellent and far exceeded my expectations. (With the except of Hunterpedia what the hell where they smocking?!)

9.5/10
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I actually loved this episode. Best thing added: The view of the broken neck guy. It was perfect. I so love those little details that makes the series more creepy.

So, the gifs.
First, the still images you all hated apparently but made it for me.



Second, Franklin time to shine:



Third, Shizuku creepiness that matches Gon and Killua.



Fourth, some head-chopping action.


Deme Chan deserves an appreciation time as well. I particularly loved the shoe detail.


And well, UVO.


You go get them, gurl.
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Blinky. Another name change by Viz and got carried here. The original name for the vacuum cleaner is Deme-chan. 出目-でめ-Deme means "Pop Eyed" and it's a type of Gold Fish (demekin to be exact) and we can see that on its design. (The googly eyes and the fish tail). So, Blinky isn't that incorrect, but it's still not an accurate localization of the name. But then again I don't know if they could use "Popeye".
This is just a Crunchyroll decision. It's still Deme-chan in japanese.

I guess you already knew it, but I'm saying it so people don't think of it as a Madhouse change.

The same happened with the Phantom Troupe. When it was first mentioned as "Phantom Troupe" in this anime, everybody was complaining for the change, when in fact it's still Genei Ryodan in Madhouse anime.
Phantom Troupe it's just Viz and Crunchyroll translation (imo not a bad translation at all).
 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
This is just a Crunchyroll decision. It's still Deme-chan in japanese.

I guess you already knew it, but I'm saying it so people don't think of it as a Madhouse change.

The same happened with the Phantom Troupe. When it was first mentioned as "Phantom Troupe" in this anime, everybody was complaining for the change, when in fact it's still Genei Ryodan in Madhouse anime.
Phantom Troupe it's just Viz and Crunchyroll translation (imo not a bad translation at all).
I did say it was a name change by Viz. That's what they did in the manga and the old anime. The same thing with Senritsu and Melody.
 

exacta

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
2,709
Reaction score
1,323
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow that episode was amazing from start to finish.....loved the soundtrack that played during the massacre, and the slow theme that played with Shizuku. I'm surprised by how violent they let it be.....I figured they would censor more. After all that bloodshed that whole "Brush Your Teeth" segment at the end looked hilarious. Quite a sharp contrast lol.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
To me it will always be Blinky. :)

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Some thoughts on Chrollo's Judas speech.

Chrollo thinks Judas is not a traitor. But he never really explains why. I think the reason
why Chrollo thinks so is because Chrollo sees Jesus as the real traitor and the one who
actually betrayed Judas. Jesus as it is known was said to be the Messiah of Israel.
Well many Jews like Judas had probably thought that Jesus would save them in the
literal sense of the Roman Empire. They were expecting a liberator. However
Jesus did not do so and instead it could be said made things WORSE for Israel.
Therefore, from a political stand point. Jesus could be seen as the traitor and not Judas.

Interesting thing to note...30 silver coins is said to be the price of a slave.
Talk about a low blow.

Another possible interpretation is that Judas did not betray Jesus because
his "betrayal" of Jesus was "all part of the plan". In order for mankind to
be saved from their sins it was necessary that Jesus had to die as he did.
So from this perspective Judas was only doing his duty. One could even
say that Judas had no choice but to hand over Jesus to the Romans/Jewish High Priests.

Sorry, I don't mean to make this into a theological debate. But I thought it was interesting.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Madhouse sure loves the colors blue and purple. It's always used for fast kills (Killua, Feitan) and creepy characters (Shizuku, Hisoka (though he gets green as well), Killua).
 

Noonealive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United States
When i see HxH compared to other animes, i tend to appreciate what madhouse is doing. The pallets, the amount of detail they put in certain backdrops. The angles they use. The effects also add very much to it.

I think what Togashi did was very very anime friendly if you really think about it.I personally think it's because his passed experience with anime directors. He didnt like dealing with there shit. In the end there isn't an over excess of animation needed in most of the scenes he presents. Theres a lot more story to it than action. Thats why i think madhouse has more liberties to focus on. It's probably one of the reasons why madhouse enjoys doing this anime. It's pretty simple and to the point.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Some thoughts on Chrollo's Judas speech.

Chrollo thinks Judas is not a traitor. But he never really explains why. I think the reason
why Chrollo thinks so is because Chrollo sees Jesus as the real traitor and the one who
actually betrayed Judas. Jesus as it is known was said to be the Messiah of Israel.
Well many Jews like Judas had probably thought that Jesus would save them in the
literal sense of the Roman Empire. They were expecting a liberator. However
Jesus did not do so and instead it could be said made things WORSE for Israel.
Therefore, from a political stand point. Jesus could be seen as the traitor and not Judas.

Interesting thing to note...30 silver coins is said to be the price of a slave.
Talk about a low blow.

Another possible interpretation is that Judas did not betray Jesus because
his "betrayal" of Jesus was "all part of the plan". In order for mankind to
be saved from their sins it was necessary that Jesus had to die as he did.
So from this perspective Judas was only doing his duty. One could even
say that Judas had no choice but to hand over Jesus to the Romans/Jewish High Priests.

Sorry, I don't mean to make this into a theological debate. But I thought it was interesting.
That's an interesting thought.
I tried to understand what Chrollo meant as well, but then I thought "Meh, probably the translation isn't accurate".

So I've watched the last two episodes and, actually, I think they could be better. No major complaints, but the animation could be better, and the music direction is not so great either. 8.5 for both of them.
I didn't like smiling Shizuku tho. I don't remember her smiling in manga at all. That's part of her character for me. ...Maybe I'm being too picky?
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's an interesting thought.
I tried to understand what Chrollo meant as well, but then I thought "Meh, probably the translation isn't accurate".

So I've watched the last two episodes and, actually, I think they could be better. No major complaints, but the animation could be better, and the music direction is not so great either. 8.5 for both of them.
I didn't like smiling Shizuku tho. I don't remember her smiling in manga at all. That's part of her character for me. ...Maybe I'm being too picky?
The translation is the same thing Viz has.

I think given his name is Lucifer, Chrollo would think Jesus was the traitor.

Also I think Chrollo would resent the idea of a savior figure.
Part of this is because
of how little value Chrollo thinks of his own life despite being the "leader". I think Chrollo doesn't
want the spiders to rely on him but rather on strength in numbers.
 

chei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
106
Reaction score
133
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Episode 43 is packed and so enjoyable! It's definitely noticeable that they cut corners for some of the animations...imagine how satisfying it'd be if we see Uvo slaughter those mafia like paper in extremely detailed and fluid animations! (I'll replay that over and over again) Oh well I don't feel that entitled given this is TV production, they made it up with gorgeously rendered frames and rich colors. As long as the budget went to Uvo vs the Shadow beasts, it's all good! I can't wait for the next episode...NOW that's the fight I have high hopes for.

Those Shadow Beasts guys are such nasty piece of work, I remember feeling so sorry and cringed for Uvo when I first read the manga. I don't know how Madhouse can portrayed that sense of revulsion (probably won't ever live up to the manga, the 1999 series couldn't do it) but I hope they will make a impression.

Feitan is...so moe...for me, I'd never see that until now. :teehee That rakish expression and creepy voice (great acting!) really elevated the character for me. Shizuku's vacuum cleaner still felt very...ouch... yikes. I noticed they dimmed the brightness of Franklin's bullet, they probably don't want the Pikachu's seizure inducing effect again.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
When did she smile? I don't even remember anymore. I need to rewatch the episode. Shizuku never really smiles though, that is part of her character to me. She's sort of deadpan and stupid. I don't think its that she can't smile, we just haven't seen anything she deems worth smiling about yet.
 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
When did she smile? I don't even remember anymore. I need to rewatch the episode. Shizuku never really smiles though, that is part of her character to me. She's sort of deadpan and stupid. I don't think its that she can't smile, we just haven't seen anything she deems worth smiling about yet.
She smiled in the previous episode.
 

Noonealive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United States
As long as she doesn't laugh than I'm fine wid it. :hip

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

I know exactly why they showed more violence in this episode. I think MH was teaching kids that being in the mafia is a bad idea. You'll get involved in incidents such as these.

Smart move! :mono
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Doesn't she also smiles when She says that She forgets everything? Some chapters ahead, I don't want to spoil.

Thanks to Tumblr I just realized this:
senor-bizarro on Tumblr said:
I JUST FIGURED OUT her name comes from the French word baiser, which means “to kiss”, or, less innocently (and more commonly in modern French, IIRC), “to fuck”.
Then I remembered that Nostrade was a a clear reference to Nostredamus (Which was also pointed out at me) and thinking about clear references that I did not realize in time I just understood the references about Jesus, Judas and the 12 apostles members of the spider. When He says that Judas is not a traitor it's high level of clever foreshadowing from Togashi.


...And more gifs.


...Brazzers.


And this one is EPIC.



And the fanservice must be there.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Correction: It's Lucilfer. Not Lucifer.
But he's still named after the fallen angel, right? I mean the upside cross kinda hints towards that way. But I could be mistaken.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top