Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I can confirm no trailer for CR. It'll likely pop up somewhere on the internet in no time, though.

I don't have too much input for this episode since I'll admit this part of the manga is a bit of a blur to me. The action was great, MH is still saying "eff you, censorship", and the music placement was a hit this time around.

I must say my favorite parts was Uvo tied up, Kurapika meeting with Hisoka, and Dalzollene's death. I'll admit I do feel a little something when something happens to a troupe member, completely forgetting they just killed a whole bunch of people.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,407
Gender
Male
Country
France
Another outstanding episode. I seriously love Madhouse. The pacing, music, blood, gore, and the little bits of filler they add are awesome! Phinks killing Dalzollene was perfect! and I loved the scenery for Hisoka, and Kurapika's little meeting.

10/10

I still can't believe this airs in the morning... lol.
My thoughts exactly.It was the best episode IMO.

When you watch all those fillers you understand why Feitan is the interim-danchou:teehee.
 
Last edited:

Veradux

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2012
Messages
64
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Damn, that was an excellent episode. Non-existent censorship ftw. Also, we finally see Phinks' costume in the anime (not counting the OP).

Kurapika's punch, Hisoka's lust, and Dalzollene's death.... :super
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Great episode, more violent than the manga even haha.

Gotta say that the relocation of Hisoka and Kurapika meeting place felt far more 'Hisoka-ish'. Loved it.
I loved how he was just playing solitaire while waiting haha.

Dalzollene's death was great and Uvo's rage was perfectly captured. I remember in the 99 series it really feels like Uvo has no real reason to be angry at Kurapika but here we see more than enough reason for him to want to settle the score with the Chain Bastard. Kurapika humiliated him and did something you just don't do to Uvo, make him feel weak. Uvo won't let that slide.

10 out of 10 no problems with this ep what so ever.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Didn't care much for the music placement here. Scenes that felt like they should be tense had action-y music and scenes that felt like they should be actiony had tense music. For instance I didn't like the silence from when they were driving. I thought they should have had some more exhilarating music there because it's
supposed to be a car chase. It just didn't really feel like they were actually going all that fast. Better music I think would get the heart racing as well as the scene.

Chain bastard was played a tad bit too early when Kurapika started talking imo. It kinda made the scene feel rushed in a sense.

Animation could have been better at some parts but as long as they get it right when it counts I'm fine with that.

Well we didn't get much of a fight with the shadow beasts but we got to see more of their forms and it was nice to hear the Phantom Troupe's plans
explained out a bit more throughly. I thought the extra Shalnark scene was great because I was wondering before why Dalzollene didn't get suspicious
when the Phantom Troupe called him.

Also Nobunaga was great in this episode. Poor guy. Haha.

I'm going to give this an 8 out of 10.

It was a good episode. But it could be better.

Still...I hope that means they put that much more effort into the upcoming episodes.
Especially you know what.
 

Keirin

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
84
Reaction score
37
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Finland
I thought Kurapika was portrayed just a little wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember him being pretty cold and emotionless in the manga... I'm getting a bit fed up with the chain bastard music too.
I don't know how to feel about the added scenes. Of course it's great that everything's explained, but showing the massacre of the injyu made them look so much weaker. It had greater impact when dalzollene was told on the phone. And you'd figure what happened later anyway. Next episode's going to be big.. Please portray it well, MH.

I'm giving 8/10 too
 
Last edited:

Diivil

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
229
Reaction score
238
Gender
Hidden
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Amazing episode!, Mad House is just too amazing, the scenery, the Art, The music, the animation,, characterization Everything is just perfect! The filler bit fit's perfectly!!!!
20/10!! The gore, violence and blood Is just Amazing <3

Can't wait for Shinobi-3's Comparaison <3


I don't know how to feel about the added scenes. Of course it's great that everything's explained, but showing the massacre of the injyu made them look so much weaker. It had greater impact when dalzollene was told on the phone. And you'd figure what happened later anyway. Next episode's going to be big.. Please portray it well, MH.
I'm giving 8/10 too
Uvogin Defeated 3 of them himself, only with his mouth and while paralysed and unable to move... This say's more about the Troupe being ridiculously Powerful rather the the Injyu being Weak.
 
Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah, I wondered why Killua and Gon were darker this week. LOL.
 

Diivil

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
229
Reaction score
238
Gender
Hidden
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Yeah, I wondered why Killua and Gon were darker this week. LOL.
my only logical explanation is that they got a tan, because the last few HunterPedia, took place outside in the sun.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought Kurapika was portrayed just a little wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember him being pretty cold and emotionless in the manga... I'm getting a bit fed up with the chain bastard music too.
I don't know how to feel about the added scenes. Of course it's great that everything's explained, but showing the massacre of the injyu made them look so much weaker. It had greater impact when dalzollene was told on the phone. And you'd figure what happened later anyway. Next episode's going to be big.. Please portray it well, MH.

I'm giving 8/10 too
Kurapika may be cold but he's DEFINITELY NOT emotionless in the manga. I think he was depicted just fine.

Chain Bastard is one of my favorite tracks actually. But when I hear I think of someone who's just completely lost it and is speeding towards destruction.

I would have prefer something more eerie for Kurapika's interrogation. Because I see him as restraining himself from killing Uvogin right then and there.
It's not that Kurapika wants to kill Uvogin that should make him frightening but that he's able to restrain himself. It's like is the nice guy we saw Kurapika
as before in the Hunter Exam---is that the real Kurapika or just a mask he wears?

I enjoyed the massacre. The phone call never really had impact on me because it always felt expected it in a way.
Honestly, in a way I found the phone call to be rather forgetable because it's like Shadow Beasts? Who again? You know?


Saw the Phantom Troupe trailer.
It looks pretty great.

And if it's any indication of how the rest of this arc will go...I think we'll have to take the whole "99 is darker" argument out the window.
Not just that darker in theme but darker in atmosphere as well. While the arc is already darker than the Zoldyck Arc was we haven't seen anything yet I'm sure.

After you know what happens I'm telling you it's going to be PITCH BLACK DARK.
Madhouse is going to wreck shit up like it's never wreck shit up before. :)
 

mousiehamster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
165
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
They really need to stop with the damn rock music that goes with Kurapica. The portrayal is just so wrong. It's not supposed to be a "cool" moment. It wasn't in the manga, it wasn't in the '99 anime and hell, it isn't even in the '11 anime. The soundtrack never fits the situation and is utterly horrible as a consequence. And for those of you who talk incessantly about the anime being faithful to the manga, look at how poorly they did Kurapika. He doesn't look anything like the manga version. Just compare the way he's drawn.

Car scene was meh, filler is just there and the Troupe were unnecessarily talkative. V. strange also how one of the Injyuu refers to the Troupe as "kids" (at least in the subs). Probably a reflection of what the Director thinks they are.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
They really need to stop with the damn rock music that goes with Kurapica. The portrayal is just so wrong. It's not supposed to be a "cool" moment. It wasn't in the manga, it wasn't in the '99 anime and hell, it isn't even in the '11 anime. The soundtrack never fits the situation and is utterly horrible as a consequence. And for those of you who talk incessantly about the anime being faithful to the manga, look at how poorly they did Kurapika. He doesn't look anything like the manga version. Just compare the way he's drawn.

Car scene was meh, filler is just there and the Troupe were unnecessarily talkative. V. strange also how one of the Injyuu refers to the Troupe as "kids" (at least in the subs). Probably a reflection of what the Director thinks they are.
I disagree that the portrayal is wrong. The song fits him it just doesn't fit the mood of the scene. Like you said it's not a "cool" moment.
Though I think of the song as more of a "hot temper" moment. Which character wise DOES fit with how Kurapika is feeling in the scene.
But the scene itself is more dark and sullen with what all is going on.

dunno what the problem was with Kurapika's drawing? He looked fine to me.

I agree that the car scene was meh. Well...it's not too exciting in the manga either but well I was hoping Madhouse up the ante. Oh well.
When I say not too exciting in the manga I mean the actual chase itself. It seems like literally a vehicle to the next plot point.

I thought filler was fine. Nothing amazing. But I don't really have much complaints about it.

I don't have a problem with the Troupe being talkative. I don't see them as being a group of doom and gloom. I mean yes they are murderers and kill
people without batting an eye. But I don't think we need every scene with them being all DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM DA TROUPE IS HERE!

Hell I'm glad they are making the Troupe so giddy right NOW. Because after "that scene" happens. Fire and brimstone. Spiders are gonna bring it.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
too bad there's no filler battle only lines.... but anyway....
RIP for the second time Dalzolne and remaining Injuu...
 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
Comparison is coming up, but first a correction in episode 42 comparison:

Leoreo's knowledge, or should I say ignorance about nen got extended a bit with a part from chapter 76. That part in Nippon's adaption was not adapted well as seen in episode 54. Especially when they didn't even show Leoreo in that scene.

-panel 1-
-Leoreo: "So..." - "you guys learned nen, right?"

-panel 2-
-Killua: "We sure did."
-Gon: "You're going to learn after applying to school, right?"

-panel 3-
-Leoreo: "No." - "I've learned it already."






-Gon: "Leoreo..." - "That's called Ten, and..."
-Leoreo: "What?!" - "There's more?!"
-Killua: "Figured as much."




Leoreo's knowledge, or should I say ignorance about nen got extended a bit with a part from chapter 76. In Nippon's adaption, this scene is in episode 54.

-panel 1-
-Leoreo: "So..." - "you guys learned nen, right?"

-panel 2-
-Killua: "We sure did."
-Gon: "You're going to learn after applying to school, right?"

-panel 3-
-Leoreo: "No." - "I've learned it already."






-Gon: "Leoreo..." - "That's called Ten, and..."
-Leoreo: "What?!" - "There's more?!"
-Killua: "Figured as much."



---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

-EPISODE 45-

Manga: Second half of chapter 77, chapter 78, last page of chapter 76, first page of chapter 79
Nippon’s Adaptation: Most of episode 54


Gyo




The thread scene wasn’t done right. It was a very quick cut and we don’t get the chance to take a good look at it. I even had to rewind the scene numerous times to get a good caption!




Owl' crash




Nobunaga’s face wasn’t as goofy as the manga




Nippon’s adaptation didn’t show us Nobunaga’s position in the car




The rest of the Shadow Beasts




Filler


Side note, but have we heard Linssen talk since his depute? His lines are all given to Basho in this episode!


Another filler



Nippon’s adaptation made Dalzollene’s sword a bit more special instead of just a fancy looking regular sword, and they took their time showing us its abilities and how it stands against Uvo.




Kurapika’s theme at this moment was a miss in my opinion. I preferred if it remained silent at least until the punch.


Kurapika was still cool headed in the manga in contrast to Madhouse’s adaptation where he yells at the top of his lungs which is something I’ve noticed since his return in this arc: He got anger issues and can’t hold back! Other than that about this scene, I liked the shadow under his fist before it strikes Uvo’s face. In Nippon’s adaptation, instead of asking Uvo if they’ve killed the guests, she asks him “why”, and she punches him with Baise’s bracelet in her hand. We don’t get to see the punch as well.




A filler scene in Nippon’s adaptation



Another PT filler, although we get somewhat an idea on Feitan’s interrogation methods



Even as a fugly, Pakunoda is still a woman

This scene was omitted from the previous episode, but as expected, it got moved to this episode.


“Or you’re grounded for a month, clear?”

This scene was in the manga, although (again) Kurapika is angry and they gave Senritsu a bit of an extended role. In Nippon’s adaptation she asks permission from Dalzollene to leave.




Another PT filler


More filler


Nippon’s Leoreo taking a walk and putting posters all over YN


Kurapika’s meeting place with Hisoka is changed from some abandoned buildings to an abandoned theme park that really gives me a Silent Hill 1 vibe…! ((must buy it from PS Store))




Another filler of the trio in Nippon’s adaptation


The usual MH’s 5 Star Hisoka service




This scene in the manga was just Hisoka talking. In Madhouse’s adaptation it’s a conversation between the two.



A work of art in MH’s adaptation compared to the manga and Nippon’s adaptation.





“I already used a “U Mad Bro” joke”

Dalzollene’s death scene was bloodier than the manga!




Phinks' pharaoh hat finally make an appearance…


As well as Blinkys conjuration



Poison sucking




The yell was perfect this time in both adaptation ((Nippon’s was a bit less impressive))



Dalzollene is still alive in Nippon’s adaptation and sent a warning to Senritsu and the rest and challenges Uvo.


I’m serious here: The tattoo looks like cr@p here!


Angry faces!







Another new look for the Hunterpedia



An excellent episode. The filler helped explain the unexplained things from the manga. However, I'm starting to get annoyed with the over usage of "Chain B@$tard" in all of Kurapika's scene.

9\10
 
Last edited by a moderator:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Mousiehamster, why is it that every episode of 2011 you find to be absolutely horrible and somehow manage to find a problem in everything and anything? I'm not sure if you genuinely hate it or are trolling, seems you never have anything positive to say and just hate everything about 2011 anime.
Well to be fair I've given some criticism to this episode and not a whole lot of praise and I think it's much evident that I'm a 2011 fan.

But to say something positive...I liked the scene with Melody and Kurapika without the dialogue and I was really happy they got Chrollo's scene right this time.
Though if it seems like I do I just want to clarify that I do not hate this episode. I liked this episode. I thought it was good. But not everything about it was
good. Though two weeks without HxH can make my expectations grow so may be part of it. Still, this wasn't a "Madhouse what are you doing!? I'm gonna
boycott this show for the next six days!" but more of a "I know you can do better than that Madhouse." Sorry, I know I ask a lot. But I like being spoiled. :)

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

another great review shinobi-03

but two points I must disagree with you on

1. What are you talking about fugly? Pakunoda is hot. At least when she's drawn right. Early manga she's "ugh", Nippon she's "meh", later manga she's "mmm"
and then Madhouse she's "Dayum Gurl". Madhouse gets an advantage though of being in color and what not. Anywho different strokes for different folks

2. What is everyone going on about Kurapika being "cold" in the interrogation scene from the manga? The dude is totally NOT cool headed there.
I mean he just punched Uvogin in the face without receiving any orders to do so. Yes, they're interrogating Uvogin and well basically torturing him.
But you don't see Melody delivering a knuckle sandwich...which would be awesome. Plus Kurapika's expression doesn't seem very cold either
in the manga either. He looks plenty pissed off to me. Now does he seem MORE pissed off in the Madhouse version. Yes. But I don't this is
going from the T-1000 to Rambo. Or from Duke Togo to Guts. And I think Kurapika SHOULD have a hot temper here. He's in the same
room as one of the people who killed his entire tribe. Kurapika has been wanting to kill this guy for a LONG time. Of course he will be going
off the handle. But it's actually amazing how Kurapika punched him ONLY once. Or better yet how he even got to the place without
crashing the car in an angry uncontrollable rage yelling "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU..." Kaboom.
Kurapika's temper here will make it all the more unsettling as he learns to keep his calm and bottle up his anger only to let it explode later.


Which is what I think will make Kurapika vs Uvogin all the more disturbing as there we'll see him commit premeditated murder.
It's not so much that Uvogin doesn't deserve it. Hell he probably does. But for the sake of Kurapika's own psyche and well being.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Great episode! For some reason it reminded me a lot of Death Note. Must be the interrogation scenes :D

This made me lol....
Seeing as there was no explanation at all for them being so dark, I think it might've been an animation mistake lol
 

Chrollo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2011
Messages
60
Reaction score
43
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Did anyone catch the typo in Hisoka's text shot? The sender was "UNNOWN" :P Or is that how HxH world talks? :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top