Anime - Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion | Page 99 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netero

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
^It's going to be a complete massacre....

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

After watching this episode I can't wait to see how madhouse animates

Gon smashing Pitou's skull because seeing how brutal Kurapika's torture of Uvogin was...

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
9 out of 10 for me.

I would have preferred for Gon to be in the episode for the contrast and because that's how it is in the manga.
But at the same time it's better than their scenes being cut short. If next episode we get the "missing" scenes
intact I will consider it a reasonable trade off.

But as far as what was actually shown--namely the Kurapika vs Uvogin "fight". It was rather good...Excellent...but not perfect.

My issues with it...

Music. The music choices weren't really "bad" but I like to hear some of the other tracks for a change.
I'm rather disappointed that "Death Agony" was not used at Uvogin's death. It would have been excellent.
And while I really like Man of the Reversed Cross I feel as if it's losing meaning. It really oughta be a track
used sparingly. And of course Chain Bastard is played just so Madhouse can mess with me. Lol. Well whatever.

The animation I don't think was as good as Episode 35 but of course there was a lot more fighting.
I would say the animation however was better than 36 (which I think was still very good).
So I'd say overall if you find the average of 35 and 36's animation, this is the best animated fight yet.

Imagery was great. Visually this episode was phenomenal.
And it definitely got the mood right. Am I the only one who
kinda wanted Uvogin to escape? I mean damn Kurapika.

I wish the flashback came before the emperor time.
It's not bad how it is but I think having the flashback
first would have greater impact.

And well while the ending is a good cliff hanger...I dunno it just doesn't feel very "Hunting for you dream" awesomeness.
Not like I think the actual chapter ending (Chrollo's scene is right before the chapter ending). To me I think you need
a really GAR scene for maximum Hunting for your dream effectiveness.

Example:

Hisoka: throwing cards at the wall "they're not ready. not yet" HUNTING FOR YOUR DREAM! That was total GAR.

Chrollo's scene while cool and exciting. I dunno. But tt's not really GAR. It's hard to explain why. But I suppose it's TOO dramatic.
A perfect GAR Hunter for your dream ending you want there to be a little bit of fun in there. Like you know it's gonna get crazy
but you also know that it's gonna be crazy fun. It has to be "Kick ass and chew bubble gum" awesome. This was more serious awesome.

And is it just me or was this episode BLOODIER than the manga?

Not that I mind. ;)

But as I said 9 out of 10 for me. There was a lot I like and liked a lot and some I didn't like or wanted to see. But it was definitely a much better episode than 46
(which wasn't a bad episode. 46 was good but not great). This was a great episode but not perfect. Though it easily surpassed 99 Uvogin vs Kurapika for me.

And now I think it's time for some Zepile goodness! Americandream is your body ready? :D

Noonealive

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This episode is actually doing the manga justice...It's teaching people about nen and it's principles...Nen is very important when it comes to HxH....So it was a 10/10...I really want to see how they're gonna handle the next episode though..

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
I get the feeling we won't see the missing Gon stuff from the end of Volume 9 since it could in effect be taken out and not have much impact

I mean it's basically Gon and co NOT finding the Spiders. For the sake of being accurate to the manga I hope they have it.

The next episode should be...3 chapters long believe it or not

Rest of chapter with Gon pawning off his license. Then Zepile goodness. The reason it should be 3 chapters long
is because it shows the dude that looks like the prisoner Tonpa fought... with a goatee.

I worry that Madhouse will cut out a lot. :(

I'm not sure if they can fit all that in one episode. Especially when it's mostly dialogue.

ZonikStrike

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Now this was the best freaking episode so far... 10/10. My only complaint is that they decided to move (hopefully not exclude) the part with Killua's story about Silva. It would have a bigger impact right before the battle.
For the next episode, I'm a bit confused... They definitely can't remove all the omitted parts so far because that just doesn't make sense plot wise. But the episode showed a guy who appears only in the end of ch. 87, while now there are 84 chapters covered with omission of 8 pages of Gon&co stuff. I was pretty sure they wouldn't go further than ch. 86. Not to mention that the guy (don't remember the name lol) seems to be actively arguing with Zepile which is chapter 88... Man, I don't know anymore what's MH up to.
P.S. RIP Uvo T_T

Last edited:

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
I suspect they think that people will be bored or something with Gon searching for Greed Island and so are trying to get through that as quickly as possible.

Depending on how the next episode is I might have to give up on Yorknew as far as the hunt for Greed Island goes.

Though Kurapika's revenge story should likely be spot on. So I'll say 2011 for Kurapika. 99 for Greed Island Hunt. Lest Madhouse proves me wrong.

After that it will be up to Greed Island to decide once and for all who is the more faithful to the manga.

ZonikStrike

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Actually, this part was rushed in NA version as well. They covered 85 through 88 in a single episode.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually, this part was rushed in NA version as well. They covered 85 through 88 in a single episode.
the question though is how much is changed or left out.

futurefrog

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Really interesting review on Anime Say of this episode:
http://youtu.be/1oSP3hAtfM4

What he says about Kurapika's soul hanging in the balance in this arc is 100% true.

Cinnabar

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I waited two whole hours to watch this because our internet connection was that bad.

But woah. Woah. I have no words.

This is perfect. Just perfect. I think they nailed the characterizations here. Kurapika and Uvogin had amazing VA's. And yeah, I'm just gonna repeat what everyone already said with the torture scene and how you would feel sorry for Uvo, and you could clearly see the gray area in HxH, especially with Kurapika. So instead of expounding on that, I'm just gonna say that I like how they did Kurapika's eyes during the end, when he was burying Uvo. That dark, glazed look where you can hardly see any details... that's the set of Kurapika eyes I was looking for since the arc started.

I always felt like the phone call was supposed to be chilling, and I think MH delivered well. I have no complaints over Kurapika's character here. I think he was done perfectly. He was the perfect balance of angry, composed, condescending, and calculating.

I don't usually grade episodes, but 10/10 for me.

Also, I forget, but was burying Uvo also in the manga? I just find it interesting that Kurapika still has the decency to bury the guy, haha.

Demonspeed

Spider Yokai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I waited two whole hours to watch this because our internet connection was that bad.

But woah. Woah. I have no words.

This is perfect. Just perfect. I think they nailed the characterizations here. Kurapika and Uvogin had amazing VA's. And yeah, I'm just gonna repeat what everyone already said with the torture scene and how you would feel sorry for Uvo, and you could clearly see the gray area in HxH, especially with Kurapika. So instead of expounding on that, I'm just gonna say that I like how they did Kurapika's eyes during the end, when he was burying Uvo. That dark, glazed look where you can hardly see any details... that's the set of Kurapika eyes I was looking for since the arc started.

I always felt like the phone call was supposed to be chilling, and I think MH delivered well. I have no complaints over Kurapika's character here. I think he was done perfectly. He was the perfect balance of angry, composed, condescending, and calculating.

I don't usually grade episodes, but 10/10 for me.

Also, I forget, but was burying Uvo also in the manga? I just find it interesting that Kurapika still has the decency to bury the guy, haha.
I had the same problem than you...Yes it was really perfect, the darkest episode.Even if i would have preferred Death Agony instead of The man of the reversed cross.At least,this episode showed that they haven't forgotten Genei no Banka.

I find the fact that we feel sorry about Uvo's death a little funny because i realize after that without all these deaths,the manga wouldn't be the same:^_^.

And yes,he buried him in the manga.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
:blai

I got goosebumps at 4:07 when Kurapika said "You will atone through death!" and Uvo makes that "Huh? Don't fuck with me you cocky bastard" expression. Shame I couldn't find a gif of that one. Uvo's facial expressions are just plain badass.

but seriously when Uvo made that expression and went

I was going YES! :blai :zomg :wtf since then I knew it would be epic and it really was. My anticipation for this fight was really, really high but it was even better than I expected.
Seriously, you just have to love this episode :pleased

/fanboy rant over

Chrollo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
Next week is the most boring part of YN arc >.< Skip it lol

Cinnabar

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I disagree. I wouldn't actually mind if Kurapika doesn't show up next week, haha.

And I just realized that next week Zepile will be appearing and everyone would be walking around Yorkshin. Worldbuilding opportunities!

I am actually getting excited for the next episode. Madhouse, do your best. Make me fall in love with the place.

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I really don't have much too say, except that once again...

If there was anything wrong with it, it was the sound. The sound effects were awesome in episode 35, though in this episode they were a little muffled (is that the right word?) due to the background music. Also, I really wanted to hear Death Agony in this episode. I really, really did. Anyway, besides those gripes, this episode was a work of art! Sawashiro Miyuki blew me away with her incredible voice acting!

Akia999

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
It is just me or does Kurapika actually look more feminine looking in this episode? Considering that he is a girl... I really got distracted by his look during the fight.
I really like the fight scene but it wasn't at the level of Hisoka vs Gon fight.
And the amount of blood in this episode was just...wooah. The manga version didn't have that much blood.Madhouse really wasn't kidding about the level of violence.

8/10 for this episode.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

It's because of viewers like you that they decided to rush this part =/
What's the matter, really? Am I the only one to find it one of the most entertaining parts?
I do like that part but somehow Kurapika's story is more interesting and that's why most people pay attention to it.The 1999 version put the spotlight more on kurapika story.I hope madhouse doesn't do that.

Chrollo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
Yea I enjoyed it once...a different take on it is unimportant...Chimera Ant arc already :P

Cinnabar

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I really like how you get to see the difference in the length of Kurapika's hair when you compare his hair in the fight and his hair during the flashback. Minor detail, I know. But it's still interesting.

Question: What did you guys think of Kurapika's eyes? I expected them to be a bit brighter honestly, though this is just me nitpicking. I do like how they used black and white for Uvo's death though, which really brings out the red in the blood and the moon, and of course, Kurapika's scarlet eyes. And I've already mentioned how I loved how his eyes looked when he was burying Uvogin.

It's because of viewers like you that they decided to rush this part =/
What's the matter, really? Am I the only one to find it one of the most entertaining parts?
I find them to be just as entertaining as Kurapika's parts. Hence why I'm excited for next week. I love Zepile. And I think we need a breather from Kurapika for a moment, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.