Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Sawashiro Miyuki is am-a-zing, better than Yuki Kaida in my opinion. :)
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I get the feeling there won't be any or much of Gon, Killua or Leorio in this episode even though it's in the chapters.
Hopefully I'm wrong.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I get the feeling there won't be any or much of Gon, Killua or Leorio in this episode even though it's in the chapters.
Hopefully I'm wrong.
I get that feeling too. Though I'm not really concerned as long as the scenes are covered immediately in the next episode. Many anime adapt manga chapters according to how well they jive together, even if it's not the exact order the original had them in. It's only a problem when the scenes are omitted completely or do not mesh well.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Raw GET. Yup, Gon, Killua and Leorio aren't listed in the credits.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
First let me get this out of the way I'm sure the Gon, Killua, and Leorio stuff that was in the corresponding chapters will be in the next episode. Because I didn't think madhouse wanted to split this awesome fight into two separate episodes.

Now for my thoughts on the current episode.... it was fucking INTENSE! The animation was smooth, dynamic, and sexy :hip

Oh yeah, Kurapika's hatsu color is yellow! :)

The mood felt right, and madhouse really highlighted Kurapika's brutality.... I actually shed a tear for Uvogin... R.I.P. dude, you'll always be one my favorite characters :scry

Next week it's time for Zepile! lol.
 

Veradux

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2012
Messages
64
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Wow... That was an excellent episode (maybe even the best so far). The pacing and the atmosphere (plus the music placement) were fantastic. Chain Bastard actually fit during the scene it was played in (unlike last episode's).

I sympathized with Uvogin's death. That was such a horrible torture... Also, Hisoka is so amusing (he just stole the end of the episode for me).

Next episode is going to be a huge contrast to the current episode. Gon and Killua look so adorable. Also Zepile appears next week! With that all of the characters from the OP and ED have been introduced. I can't wait for news about the next OP and ED!
 
Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
That was one sexy fight. I still prefer Gon vs. Hisoka, but I'll echo others here and say that Miyuki Sawashiro did an amazing job this episode. She was able to capture Kurapika's changing moods like a boss.

The animation scene of Uvo's death, with the black/white/red hues... simply breathtaking! I had goosebumps then. Then seeing Uvo's lifeless body as Kurapika was burying him... I felt bad for the guy.

Also, Hisoka is so amusing (he just stole the end of the episode for me).
Yeah, that eye shift made me giggle like a little girl.
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Damn. That was pretty awesome. 9/10 for me. They even brought in friggn' ufotable to assist with the animation. I didn't watch Fate/Zero, but I remember people talking about how awesome the animation was for it.

I liked some of the changes they made, especially Kurapika's torture of Uvogin before killing him. It really brings out the 'Grey' atmosphere of HXH. As in; the protagonist Kurapika is very antagonist like, while the antagonist Uvogin by not selling out his buddies seems more like the protagonist. Especially with how Kurapika just got on his phone and was like 'Oh all right, Imma be right over'. We see this dualism and role exchange again when Gon takes Komugi hostage during the ants arc. I gotta say that I am always impressed with how Togashi has but a thin line between good guy and bad guy in HXH, and even that thin line is blurred in grey.

I'm sure the Gon gang stuff will be covered next week now that they can dedicate a whole episode to it. I sorta hope that they don't...skip things. (Although I'm fairly sure they will.) In fact, I think it would be nice to have an episode without Kurapika. Doubtful, but I can hope.

Music was still just a smidgen off for me at some moments. (Seriously, the sound producer in this show needs to be reminded that life does not have a constant OST. Silence is golden too.)-Case in point, the silence when Uvogin died was especialy poginent though somewhat for the wrong reason since the OST kinda overplayed itself. I couldn't hear Sawashiro-san at some points. >.> Though again that moment when Uvogin dropped, the silence was perfect. All isn't terrible in OST land though, as I was happy to hear meimou play when Kurapika was burying Uvogin, as it played back when he first mentioned the spiders and it's such a sad, melancholy tune. I already knew how awesome Sawashiro-san is, so I have nothing more to add about her performance. :)
 
Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Damn. That was pretty good. 9/10 for me. They even brought in friggn' ufotable to assist with the animation. I didn't watch Fate/Zero, but I remember people talking about how awesome the animation was for it.
Really, ufotable? I had no idea, but the animation was pretty damn good this time around. Fate/Zero had some AWESOME animation.

Though this isn't my favorite fight, they definitely did deliver this time around. Did not disappoint. 10/10 for me.
 

Veradux

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2012
Messages
64
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I just noticed that Gon and Killua's skin tones are back to normal. Anyways, Kurapika is one hell of a SOB... nice work Togashi.

The Spiders seek revenge. The requiem awaits!
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Episodes like this is why I believe Madhouse to be the best animation studio going today. Not only do they consistently produce amazing anime series, but in what I believe is their first long running series (hunter x hunter) they have never once had an episode where the animation quality seen a significant drop. I dont care what anyone says but if I see Madhouse's name attached to an anime series, I dont give a fuck I'm watching that shit. This episode was perfect 10 out of fucking 10.
 

Noonealive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I personally think it did, if not for Miyuki Sawashiro alone.
Kurapika's condescending voice and arrogance. He was all over the emotional scale, yet she fucking sold every single line. No matter if it was snide, angst, or even just a deadpan threat. She is simply fabulous.

Also, just the content itself. The pure gore and torture that Kurapika deals Uvo. How, immediately after killing Uvogin, he's nonchalantly talking to Melody. It's some dark stuff.

The animation was also pretty spectacular. I don't remember the 99 series fight being so battle-esque. Every shot of Kurapika's eyes, whether showing disguist, rage, or his snideness also just adds to the epicness.
Dude stop calling kurapika a she..

But yeah badass episode...

edit: haha nvm i misread..didn't catch the name..
 
Last edited:

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Episodes like this is why I believe Madhouse to be the best animation studio going today. Not only do they consistently produce amazing anime series, but in what I believe is their first long running series (hunter x hunter) they have never once had an episode where the animation quality seen a significant drop. I dont care what anyone says but if I see Madhouse's name attached to an anime series, I dont give a fuck I'm watching that shit. This episode was perfect 10 out of fucking 10.
It's not really their first long running anime. Monster was a 70 episode show.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just re-watched the episode again... and it's just godly. The ending sequence with Kurapika impaling his Judgement Chain into Uvo's heart is perfection.
 

Noonealive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This episode was a 10/10....Direction and everything was perfect...Seems like Gon and Killua next week...awesome!!
 

bobop

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
196
Reaction score
319
Gender
Male
Country
Reunion
My only disappointment is that there wasn't the part where Killua told Leorio and Gon that his father once killed a Troupe member. They should have left this in the last episode before Uvo and Kurapika's confrontation. I only hope, it's not an omission but that they will move it into the conversation when they are keeping track of Nobunaga&Machi (though it won't definitely have the same impact :-_-)

Amazing episode. This is definitely not my favorite fight of the serie, but Madhouse sure puts effort in it. Very good job :super
I'm looking forward to the next fights with big expectations.
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Episode 47!!

Now as for the fight, I was really expecting this to top Gon vs. Hisoka and.... well to be honest it didn't for me. It was still a damn good fight with nice animation though, don't get me wrong. I think the best part of the episode for me was towards the end when Kurapika began tortouring Uvogin and I have to say, they did that PERFECTLY. Especially Uvo's death, I really felt bad for the guy especially when I saw his lifeless face being covered with dirt. Kurapika's dual sided ness was also nicely done, and by that, it really crept the hell out of me. I'll say this I've seen other shows where we've had a neutural antagonist who kills people, but I don't think any of them quite have the chill of Kurapika... no granted I haven't seen every anime, I'm sure someone's gonna through Light/Kira in my face or something, but from what I'VE seen, this guy can really be a cold stone killer...of spiders.

9/10 for me, looks like the stalk will be comming real soon!
 

ContractHunterMEMO

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2012
Messages
69
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
I like how reviewers/mostly newcomers to the series are saying that this is the best thing to happen to the series thus far. The fools, wait until the requiem :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top