Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,411
Gender
Male
Country
France
Nobuhiko Okamoto would be good too.
 

Popo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
165
Reaction score
435
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I wonder if they are using the blood on a different layer just in case of censorship?

It would be nice if some of the censored episodes before they had a layer of blood removed for tv and then added back to the dvds.
Madhouse has been using a lot of interesting animation techniques when it comes to HxH. I don't know how good your vision is, but the layers are really well done--far better than I'm used to seeing in animation. Their frequent use of background blur creates a greater sense of distance. Some shots even look 3D because the blur is so perfected:


Anyways, fantastic episode, as always. It seems that the stronger a practitioner of Nen is, their Ren gains color. Gon and Killua and Kastro and Zushi are all inexperienced, hence the white Ren. As one gets stronger, color will likely be added as it was for Riehlvelt. I never realized that Riehlvelt was the dominant member of the group until now, lol.
 
Last edited:

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
It seems that the stronger a practitioner of Nen is, their Ren gains color. Gon and Killua and Kastro and Zushi are all inexperienced, hence the white Ren. As one gets stronger, color will likely be added as it was for Riehlvelt.
I thought Riehvelt was using Hatsu while boosting, no?
 

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Oh, c'mon! It's just one week. Why does everyone take slight delays like this too seriously? It's not like they're canceling the show or anything! It's just one week. Take it as a chance to do other things instead.
man, I'm addicted to HXH! I can't stand a week without it!! ......nah, I'm just joking.
but man, waiting two weeks for Hisoka vs. Gon is just so hard. it's the fight I was waiting for since I watched the Opening in October 2nd!!
 

Popo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
165
Reaction score
435
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I thought Riehvelt was using Hatsu while boosting, no?
He was, but Hatsu is contingent on Ren. Basically, strong Ren should look like Hatsu all of the time.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
He was, but Hatsu is contingent on Ren. Basically, strong Ren should look like Hatsu all of the time.
Don't think so. Ren is just a strong release of aura, just for charging up before 'special attacks' - Hatsu. It doesn't need to have a color as it doesn't differ from person to person; Hatsu on the other hand is unique for every person so it has to be colored differently.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope we get a double episode for the Gon vs Hisoka fight. :)
 

Popo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
165
Reaction score
435
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Don't think so. Ren is just a strong release of aura, just for charging up before 'special attacks' - Hatsu. It doesn't need to have a color as it doesn't differ from person to person; Hatsu on the other hand is unique for every person so it has to be colored differently.
Isn't Water Divination the proof that Ren = Hatsu? Whenever someone exerts s strong Ren in the manga, it always seems like they're surrounded in a bright light (and the same thing happened with Hisoka on Zevil Island). Though I guess Togashi's shrouds could have been intended to look like steam.

I suppose that adding color only to aura when Hatsu is being used would be good for tension. It'll make Gon's ability reveal that much sweeter.
 
Last edited:

Diivil

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
229
Reaction score
238
Gender
Hidden
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Can Someone Post A Gif Of Riehvelt Using Aura Burst during his fight with gon?
 
Last edited:

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Isn't Water Divination the proof that Ren = Hatsu? Whenever someone exerts s strong Ren in the manga, it always seems like they're surrounded in a bright light (and the same thing happened with Hisoka on Zevil Island). Though I guess Togashi's shrouds could have been intended to look like steam.
No, it doesn't. Ren is just a chargeup before Hatsu as I've just said. And while the technique itself is the same for everyone, the aura differs; it already has all of Hatsu properties, but you can't use them. Water test helps to develop which of properties you're mostly inclined to, but you doesn't have to use that ability, just show the overall projection of the aura.
*Sorry for my bad English*
 

Popo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
165
Reaction score
435
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
No, it doesn't. Ren is just a chargeup before Hatsu as I've just said. And while the technique itself is the same for everyone, the aura differs; it already has all of Hatsu properties, but you can't use them. Water test helps to develop which of properties you're mostly inclined to, but you doesn't have to use that ability, just show the overall projection of the aura.
*Sorry for my bad English*
Ah. Now I see my mistake. I was under the impression that Ko = focusing Ren instead of being a combination of the four major principles.

However, what about the Ren belonging to the Chimera Ants? Togashi makes it a point to color their aura black.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hello, new to this forum. :^_^
Welcome! To any question I'm the mod of this section. Don't hesitate to PM me whenever you find necessary.
Anyways, fantastic episode, as always. It seems that the stronger a practitioner of Nen is, their Ren gains color. Gon and Killua and Kastro and Zushi are all inexperienced, hence the white Ren. As one gets stronger, color will likely be added as it was for Riehlvelt. I never realized that Riehlvelt was the dominant member of the group until now, lol.
Actually I've my doubts about it. Color seems to be added to special techniques only. Namely, when using Hatsu.
If you notice, Gido tops have a yellow aura around them as well.
Ah. Now I see my mistake. I was under the impression that Ko = focusing Ren instead of being a combination of the four major principles.
However, what about the Ren belonging to the Chimera Ants? Togashi makes it a point to color their aura black.
Because it's not human, probably. And I think He only used that with En, not Ren.

Color in aura seems so far to obey the law of "under Hatsu" effects as something different than the regular techniques. That will help later with Gon, since His technique is basically simple stuff.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
However, what about the Ren belonging to the Chimera Ants? Togashi makes it a point to color their aura black.
I think that was just for dramatic effect. Remember Killua vs Illumi, for example; or that mentioned Hisoka's hunt. It is not Ren colored but background as I see it.
Or maybe Togashi wanted every person to have his own aura color not depending on what technique he uses. And making Ten, Ren and Zetsu same for everyone was what Madhouse thought of.
Imo Ren is simply too basic to differ it in battles by coloring (not that they use it so often anyway). Hatsu is the only unique ability.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
This was the best image of this episode, I love distorted faces.


And well...Gift-a-thon:





Killua being awesome:



The one I posted last week:

And more about Gon

 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
And I think He only used that with En, not Ren.
Yeah, but En is still not very unique to color it I think.

That will help later with Gon, since His technique is basically simple stuff.
I think they'll still color it as he actually uses Hatsu.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah, but En is still not very unique to color it I think.
I think they'll still color it as he actually uses Hatsu.
I think that as well, but his Hatsu is basically using the same basic techniques under Enhancement. Get my point? I'm saying that they are doing this to differentiate the special techniques of the basic techniques.

Which will be awesome, since it causes many confusions at first.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I think that as well, but his Hatsu is basically using the same basic techniques under Enhancement. Get my point? I'm saying that they are doing this to differentiate the special techniques of the basic techniques.

Which will be awesome, since it causes many confusions at first.
Ah, then yeah, I agree ) It will be much more clear that way indeed.

Wandering off the point but just remembered another one moment in GI that seemed unclear from the beginning to me... When they lost their Sword of Truth, it wasn't obvious that they did. I hope Madhouse includes the part where they lose it as they do include the parts with Sadaso and Gido forfeiting their fights and that seems more obvious than in the manga.
 

BlackListHunter

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 20, 2011
Messages
39
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands

Epic Killua is epic. Telling guido(no legs) and Riehvelt (paralyzed legs) that he will hunt them down when they are taking a dump.
 
Last edited:

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Best thing about this episode: Gido and Riehvelt's screams, as well as the latter's hilarious expressions. This episode really delivered when it came to well animated fights. Gon and Killua were once again badass! Riehvelt's electricuting Killua made me wonder if that's what Kanmuru will look like. The electricity looked pretty damn good, just maybe make the dark blue border lines a lighter colour.

Even though we only saw a snippet of Gon vs Hisoka, from what we could see it looks like it will be a godly fight. This is one of my most anticipated moments in the series, and hearing that there's no episode next week is making me crazy. Watching Hunter x Hunter is one of the best things about my Sundays xD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top