Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I am absolutely speechless. It was perfection. That was simply incredible.
It literally took my breath away. The tension was thick enough to cut with a knife and the atmosphere was intense.
I loved the direction of the fight, whether it was the animation, the music or the story telling, it was simply a beautiful episode and I think Madhouse have finally proven all their detractors wrong with this episode. Surely there can not be any question about this now.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Not only did Madhouse deliver on the fight...

We even got some good character development with Zushi.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Just imagining Deep Purple with this animation and Palace Invasion gives me chills. :C

First gif of this ep:

Hollywood scene about Gon's Enhancement.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just 'shazoomed' thinking about the Uvogin fight, and some of the ants fights with this godly animation. XD Also while I didn't need to see Naked Hisoka, it proves that some of people's worries about censorship were off base. (At least sorta.)
The way I see it. This is fanservice for the ladies.

The kind of fan service I like to see...Pakunoda helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon nurse...will appear later.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
BTW...Does anyone think that the scene explaining each Hatsu had as background an awfully similar style of the map shown of Outside World?
 
Last edited:

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ohhhh, I can hardly wait to see some ummm Paku....:hee
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Haha, Madhouse just went like "Fuck that weird bandage suit, people want some stiff ass :hee"

No, I think it was unnecessary fanservice, but who cares, fan girls will appreciate it.

About the fight, to me what makes the fights so awesome in this anime is not the animation, it's the direction. The clever angles of the camera and perspectives help to make breathtaking scenes. But this week the animation was really good too.

By the way, please let me know if something I said sounds weird. I'm not an english speaker, so maybe I sound like a cave dweller and I don't realise it xD
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just imagining Deep Purple with this animation and Palace Invasion gives me chills. :C

First gif of this ep:

Hollywood scene about Gon's Enhancement.
I'm sure there's got to be an inappropriate joke involving this clip...I just can't think of it.

ANYONE?
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Haha, Madhouse just went like "Fuck that weird bandage suit, people want some stiff ass :hee"

No, I think it was unnecessary fanservice, but who cares, fan girls will appreciate it.

About the fight, to me what makes the fights so awesome in this anime is not the animation, it's the direction. The clever angles of the camera and perspectives help to make breathtaking scenes. But this week the animation was really good too.

By the way, please let me know if something I said sounds weird. I'm not an english speaker, so maybe I sound like a cave dweller and I don't realise it xD
Actually I think the animators seriously thought

"Dang this weird bandage suit Hisoka wears in one friggin panel is difficult to...FUCK IT. FANSERVICE!"

Fan girls (and some fan boys) "GARBLE GLUBBBLE GLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK" *faint*

"I think that means they approve."

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Shazooom.

That is all.
Well played.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

One thing I loved about the fight...

Hisoka and Gon's expressions. It's like you can read their thoughts. It actually felt like people (with super human abilities) fighting and not just ragdolls tossing around.
Anyone else think so? I mean does it ever see like in a fight it has all the action but it's like it feels like a ragdoll fight or something? This wasn't that. Not at all.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
By the way, please let me know if something I said sounds weird. I'm not an english speaker, so maybe I sound like a cave dweller and I don't realise it xD
Usually you realize that after re-reading yourself. Don't worry though. As long as you're coherent there shouldn't be any issue. Ask me in Spanish if you have any problem. Not that I handle English perfectly, but still.

And what I was talking about in the earlier post:


(I had to post this on Tumblr as well :P)

And...MOAR GIFS. The funny one at least. Tomorrow there will be an invasion of gifs from the fighting scene.

 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
OH. MY. GOD. THIS EPISODE WAS HELLA. SUUUUUUUUUPA. GIGANTALING GUNNIN.

BEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTYYYYY!!!!!!!

I'll get to the fight in abit though, the first half of the episode nicely displayed their hastu training and- blah blah, that was fun, but this is more awesome.

THAT FIGHT WAS FLAWLESS!

I've seen Nippon's version and while that was great, dude, this version just WENT. IN.

I tension was there, everytime one or the other character moved I was like "OH SHIT! WHOA! OUH.... that hit home..." THIS IS HOW YOU DO A ANIME FIGHT! NOT JUST HUNTER X HUNTER, ALL SHOUNEN ANIME NEEDS TO FOLLOW THIS GLORIOUS EXAMPLE. (O.k. I may be missing something but dammit, it was that awesome, let me have fun.)

I WANTZ MORAH! 11/10

On a side note, Hisoka's fanservice scene is EXACTLY why I'm not ashamed to enoy fanservice for males. Girls have THEIR FANSERVICE(This hisoka scene) and us men have our OWN fanservice. If Girls have to avert their eyes for FS for men Like I had to for this one that was CLEARLY for the ladies(or some males. O_0) Then honestly, all the complaints I've been hearing about the issue officially mean SHIT to me. Not to start a war nor debate. Just sayin'.

HUNTER X HUNTER FTW!!
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've been all over the interwebs.... and the PEOPLE are going totally bonkers! over the epicness that madhouse/Hunter x Hunter have produced today

*Schwing!


and for the ladies...


 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
OH. MY. GOD. THIS EPISODE WAS HELLA. SUUUUUUUUUPA. GIGANTALING GUNNIN.

BEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTYYYYY!!!!!!!

I'll get to the fight in abit though, the first half of the episode nicely displayed their hastu training and- blah blah, that was fun, but this is more awesome.

THAT FIGHT WAS FLAWLESS!

I've seen Nippon's version and while that was great, dude, this version just WENT. IN.

I tension was there, everytime one or the other character moved I was like "OH SHIT! WHOA! OUH.... that hit home..." THIS IS HOW YOU DO A ANIME FIGHT! NOT JUST HUNTER X HUNTER, ALL SHOUNEN ANIME NEEDS TO FOLLOW THIS GLORIOUS EXAMPLE. (O.k. I may be missing something but dammit, it was that awesome, let me have fun.)

I WANTZ MORAH! 11/10

On a side note, Hisoka's fanservice scene is EXACTLY why I'm not ashamed to enoy fanservice for males. Girls have THEIR FANSERVICE(This hisoka scene) and us men have our OWN fanservice. If Girls have to avert their eyes for FS for men Like I had to for this one that was CLEARLY for the ladies(or some males. O_0) Then honestly, all the complaints I've been hearing about the issue officially mean SHIT to me. Not to start a war nor debate. Just sayin'.

HUNTER X HUNTER FTW!!
The truth. You speak it.



So I was comparing the fight to the manga...

Yeah. It's just about exact. Perhaps some camera angle differences but that
kinda comes with the change in medium and hell it worked for me.

But two rather subtle scenes in the fight that they included (and even added to)
during the fight...

1st the top few panels



here it looks like Hisoka is going to attack...with cards or something but it's a feint.
It's pretty easy to miss and I think the 99 version skipped it. The 2011 included it
and there's even a nice reaction shot of Wing and you can tell he's thinking
"This could get bad" or something like that.

Another



This may be in the 99 version. I don't remember.
But I really enjoyed that little reaction shot of the ref.
Plus all the other reaction shots.

Madhouse did their homework.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
OMG OMG OMG ASKFBHETVHERIPQAQY5IEOYPFJCZXMBCAVKSDFASDFGHJKLQWERTYUIOPZXCVBNM :zomg

The fight, man. The fight. It was only ~5 minutes long, but it was so intense that I was telling myself not to blink too much or I'll miss all the action, lol. This episode was worth all the waiting. No words can describe how much this episode took my breath away. I was literally holding my breath because the tension was so thick and the episode was so awesome and asdfghjkl I'm not making sense anymore in my head.

*ahem.* Anyway. Incoherent fangasming aside.

I don't know where to start! I'm glad to see Zushi characterizations, and I hope I see him appear in the manga again. Hatsu training was done well. Madhouse has a penchant for subtle and different expressions for all characters (Killua, Gon, Zushi, Hisoka), and I like that. Those expressions say a lot, even if they only last for a second or so. Madhouse, you keep proving to me that you can handle HxH extremely well. You guys need to know you're awesome.

The music direction was spot on here. I thought Megumi Han sounded a liiiiitle bit too feminine while Wing was congratulating Gon for passing the exam. BUT, during the fight, her grunts and usual Gon-is-fighting-slash-struggling sounds were amazing. Or maybe I've been admiring her too much lately. :teehee Anyway, props to her and Madhouse.

Heh, I usually don't care for fanservice whether it's aimed at the male or female audience. I usually cringe if there's too much of it (Code Geass, anyone?). But, eh, Hisoka is ~fabulous~ so... The fanservice actually made me laugh than anything. So amusing.

CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
one thing I like

Well the animation here was excellent it's nice to note that this isn't a case of

this episode being superb animation and everything else being lame.

rather this is superb animation and everything else is good.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,719
Reaction score
61,445
Gender
Male
Country
France
Nothing to add, it was just perfect!Animation was really excellent,i wonder what can a 99 fan say about this episode.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top