Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

chei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
106
Reaction score
133
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Animation Directors by episode
Episode 35--Tomoko MORI


It seems like that we get the same animation director about every 7 episodes.
Thanks for the credit list. I'm surprised to find the animation production of episode 35 came from outsourcing (Korean). The director being Japanese helped the quality control perhaps? I tend to notice the Korean animated episodes tended to have very thick, black drawing lines.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

In hindsight I completely agree with the second half of this post, but really the point of me typing that in the first place was that it was a off put thought I had on said issue and how I really don't care about it one way or the other. That was all.

I'm not trying or insunuating anything about womens rights, but what I'm saying is that theres one spectrum of fanservice and then there's another. We can continue the discussion in PM's if you wish but that is all I'm saying on the matter in this forum. Period.
I have no intention to debate, I just think that mess up lol full back nudity scene shouldn't even be an issues (as it's part of Hisoka's character to have such role even in the manga) in the first place, it's awesome Madhouse went out there to portray his character like that. It's kinda revealing that you said it's like a justification for male catered fan service, because male nude would seem jarring enough for some males to feel threatened or whatever unpleasant feelings the scene provoked <-- kinda cool if that were the case (ha now you guys know how girls feel :3c)
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks for the credit list. I'm surprised to find the animation production of episode 35 came from outsourcing (Korean). The director being Japanese helped the quality control perhaps? I tend to notice the Korean animated episodes tended to have very thick, black drawing lines.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------



I have no intention to debate, I just think that mess up lol full back nudity scene shouldn't even be an issues (as it's part of Hisoka's character to have such role even in the manga) in the first place, it's awesome Madhouse went out there to portray his character like that. It's kinda revealing that you said it's like a justification for male catered fan service, because male nude would seem jarring enough for some males to feel threatened or whatever unpleasant feelings the scene provoked <-- kinda cool if that were the case (ha now you guys know how girls feel :3c)
Yes. yes we do.:^_^

Its still awesome initself cause Its totally within hisoka's character, its just. well... I'm a guy.

We have our reactinaries to thses sorts of things and Females have theirs, thats all I really wanted to say.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Almost forgot about a little easter egg in the episode



First panel...with the scribbly looking people.

Anyone else spot them in the episode?

Madhouse rules.

(BTW this page is actually from the 2ND half of the fight)
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Wow. Madhouse's attention to detail is astounding. I'm not sure anymore if this is because Togashi's working with them, or because they really just have maaaaad respect for the series.

Which wouldn't be surprising to know. HxH is awesome.

Hm, I should probably read the manga again just for the little details like these. Maybe when I have the time.
 

chei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
106
Reaction score
133
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
^I found! the scribble person! :nerd
LOL that's so awesome! You guys have the craziest sharp eyes. I re-discovered so many stuffs from the manga thanks to you guys on this board. I can't wait to see more of Togashi's random scribbles made into the anime. XD
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^No one! can draw better scribbles than our Togashi! :derp
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I usually read the chapters beforehand so I know what to look for.


You know what would be nice? If since Togashi actually changed some of the designs
in the Chimera Ant arc...if they kept some of the older designs as extras. Hell they
could use them as Netero's target practice. I wouldn't mind a brief minute of Netero
beating up low level Chimera Ants as a warm up. But that won't be for some time.

Think we'll see the Level E cameo next episode?

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

^No one! can draw better scribbles than our Togashi! :derp
Scribble man has such mad intensity.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Animation Directors by episode

Episode 1--Mai Ishii
Episode 2--Mika TAKAHASHI
Episode 3--Gi Nam KIM Daisuke YOSHIDA Satoshi TASAKI
Episode 4--Tomoko MORI
Episode 5--Tomohiro KOYAMA Yoshihiro SUGANO
Episode 6--Takahiko ABIRU
Episode 7-- Mai Ishii
Episode 8-- Mika TAKAHASHI
Episode 9--Daisuke YOSHIDA Kil Yong JANG
Episode 10--Tomoko MORI
Episode 11--Boo Hee LEE Jin Woo WOO
Episode 12--Tomohiro KOYAMA Yoshihiro SUGANO
Episode 13--Daisuke YOSHIDA
Episode 14--Takahiko ABIRU
Episode 15--Mai Ishii
Episode 16--Mika TAKAHASHI Daisuke YOSHIDA
Episode 17--Kil Yong JANG
Episode 18--Tomoko MORI
Episode 19--Boo Hee LEE Min-seob SHIN
Episode 20--Tomohiro KOYAMA Yoshihiro SUGANO
Episode 21--Takahiko ABIRU
Episode 22--Mai Ishii
Episode 23--Mika TAKAHASHI
Episode 24--Kil Yong JANG Kwon YUN-HUI
Episode 25--Tomoko MORI
Episode 26--Daisuke YOSHIDA
Episode 27--Chang Hee WON Min-seob SHIN
Episode 28--Yoshihiro SUGANO
Episode 29--Takahiko ABIRU
Episode 30--Mai Ishii
Episode 31--Mika TAKAHASHI
Episode 32--Kil Yong JANG
Episode 33--Chang Hee WON Min-seob SHIN
Episode 34--Yoshihiro SUGANO
Episode 35--Tomoko MORI


It seems like that we get the same animation director about every 7 episodes.
Tomoko Mori is actually a woman. In fact a lot of the main artists are ladies.

Also the director of Kaiji worked on a few episodes of HXH, though I can't remember which ones right now.

Post 1,200. :)
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Tomoko Mori is actually a woman. In fact a lot of the main artists are ladies.

Also the director of Kaiji worked on a few episodes of HXH, though I can't remember which ones right now.

Post 1,200. :)
welll then she did a great job.

---------- Post added June 18, 2012 at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was June 17, 2012 at 07:51 PM ----------

my prediction for the upcoming schedule and animation directors.
This is ignoring any kind of break.


June 23rd Ep 36 Gon vs Hisoka part 2 Takahiko Abiru
June 30th Ep 37 Whale Island/Kite Flashback Mai Ishii
July 7th Ep 38 Ging Mika Takahashi
July 14th Ep 39 Flesh Collector's Mansion Kil Yong Jang
July 21st Ep 40 Greed Island Outsource
July 28th Ep 41 To Yorknew/Auction Begins Daisuke Yoshida
Aug 4th Ep 42 September 1st (Franklin and Feitan shoot up Auction) Yoshihiro Sugano
Aug 11th Ep 43 September 1st ( Uvogin demolishes mafia) Tomoko Mori
August 18th Ep 44 September 1st Kurapika captures Uvogin Takahiko Abiru
August 25th Ep 45 September 1st Uvogin escapes Mai Ishii
September 1st Ep 46 September 2nd arm wrestling Mika Takahashi
September 8th ep 47 September 2nd Kurapika vs Uvogin Kil Yong Jang
September 15th ep 48 September 2nd Uvogin dies Outsource
 

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
I'm late, as always lately, but whatever.

First, on the new look of the Genei Ryodan.

-Kuroro's coat has purple lining...? They kinda made him look like some vampire count or something with it like that... And I still don't like his nose. Also, I'm not sure how I feel about his eyes being gray. First, in the manga they're pretty dark, black even where it's impossible to distinguish between the pupil and the iris, and on one pic Togashi colored they were dark blue; and second, Kurapika's eyes are also gray already... I don't want this repetition.

-Phinx as a blonde... somewhat weird, but hey, I'll just think of him as a punk with bleached hair, and it'll be alright.

-Shalnark's pinkish clothes... from OP2 it was obvious they would be pink, but still, that color will definitely take some getting used to...

-Speaking of weird color patterns, Pakunoda's also looks kind of weird. And... where're her trademark high heels...? Give 'em back!

-Oh, and now Coltopi looks like a real bum straight out of a garbage bin. I know he's not exactly an example of a neat person with good fashion sense as it is, but I think it's his new hair color that adds to that impression and makes him look even more bum-y.



Pretty much everything was said about the episode. I can only agree and repeat, 'Perfection'. Animation quality was superb; it's like they're pulling out all the stops. They even kept the glowing crotch! And there was even extra fanservice with stark naked Hisoka. Not that I complain, being a girl and all, but I admit I wanted to see that outfit with bandages he wore in the manga when Gon called him as it was kind of cool.

Anyway, if Madhouse aimed to outdo the 1999 anime, they clearly succeeded. But what impressed me the most was the sequence before the fight. That's how you get your viewers all excited! I was seriously going, 'Wow!' during the locker room shots, the fire show when the fighters appeared and when they were going to the arena... WWE, only so much cooler!

Ah, and seeing that Mori-san is a woman, damn I'm so awed!

I only hope Madhouse won't stop, and the level of the Genei Ryodan arc will be just as crazy high as this episode.

I'll be repeating myself, I don't think there'll be a new op until episode 52.
Cuz you know, if they are changing openings every 26 eps, they won't insert a new one midway.
Under the normal circumstances, I'd agree. But considering that the 2nd OP wasn't really new, with almost the same song and good chunks of recycled animation, as well as the mood change that the next arc brings, I cling to the hope that it was done on purpose to save some money in order to use it for a brand new OP specifically for the Genei Ryodan arc (which is widely considered the best arc of the manga so far). Though, probably the arc will start with the old op, and the new one will make its appearance not in the beginning of the acr (Whale Island), but only when the Genei Ryodan do (that is, when they all gather in Yorkshin).

Wasn't it that you're not supposed to LEARN specialization unless it is your initial category? It was mentioned that only Manipulators and Conjuers do have a chance.
Yeah, I noticed that inconsistency too, cause I clearly remember Kurapika's sensei telling him tokushitsukei was a unique category with hardly any connections to the rest of the types and out of reach for everyone who isn't sousa or gugenka (and even those have only a tiny chance to become specialists later in life) and doesn't have special genetic features that make them different from the normal people. It's especially true if we consider Kurapika's case who has both requirements met (gugenka in the first place and has a unique genetic makeup (hi no me)), but can't be a specialist the whole time, only shifting into specialization when his special genetic feature is active (Emperor time). I guess the relation between the types was simplified a bit for now to keep it understandable and later we'll get a more detailed explanation.
 
Last edited:

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One of the thing I didn't say much about before was how madhouse added walkouts to the ring, and being a huge fan of mma, this reminded me of the old PRIDE FC walkouts.



 
Last edited by a moderator:

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Concerning a new opening and when it will show up, normally anime series tend to change an opening around the start of a new anime season (also known as a "cour"). There are four anime seasons (Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter), each one lasting more or less 13 episodes/weeks. That's why openings tend to change every 13 (or so) and/or 26 (or so) episodes. It's also why some series, like Death Note for example, have an odd number of episodes (it had three anime seasons). So Hunter x Hunter could maybe change openings around episode 39 or so (I think).
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
^It could only if it started in that pace. But they didn't even actually change opening at ep 26! Even more, they didn't change ending midseason as most of anime usually do! I very doubt that there will be a change of opening. Moreover, if they changed it at ep 39, GR would debut with a new opening, so it was no need to add them in this one. Plus they won't change the ending for sure; and I haven't seen anime changing opening but not changing ending.
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
To be honest , I didn't even wanted to watch the episode at all.Call me crazy , I wasn't particular interested in the hisoka vs gon fight and was more looking forward to the Yorknew arc.
God know what witchcraft this episode cast on me but this episode was bloody awesome ,extraordinary and simply went out of my expectation. Despite my internet being crap ,the episode took ages to load ,and after loading , it was still lagging but it was still amazing to watch.
I particularly love the locker room scene and the entrance scene to the stage ,it keep me on the edge of my seat.Everyone has pretty much comment on it.
Also, I love the part where gon was using hatsu. I love the way the water was coloured and stuff.I just like the colouring at that part.

As for hisoka being in his birthday suit ,it came as a shock to me but there is nothing wrong with a man being naked in his room (And being hisoka ,you came expect that much from him) .Correct me if I'm wrong ,but doesn't the show air in the morning? It is approriate to show such a thing in the morning?

The only drawback of the episode was at the end where Gon and Killua was doing that "thing" of theirs.And it was just wrong on so many level.
Apparently tomoko mori ships Gon x Killua .



^I found! the scribble person! :nerd
With the fight on going ,I didn't notice that.Guess I need to pay attention to the background a bit more to pick up the easter egg.XD
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
I was in Grade 4 or 5, not very much alerted to differences before... All I want is to see how the 99 was animated (since I am a manga follower)... For me nen explanation was ok, and the Gon and Hisoka fight something to be remembered...
Looking back and seeing how nice and how fast anime techniques changes... All I can say this episode (35) was amazing... I mean when I download the video and watch it by myself using a hdd player, the room around me with my little brothers, they were stunned seeing that fight.. Which was favorable to me coz most of the time when I watch anime they are always noisy.... They were amaze and now they are more addicted than me. Told them Na~ is retard series...

Now looking forward on the massacre I mean York shin arc.... I wonder how they will make Genei Ryodan epic???
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Here's what I will think will happen for the opening

we will get a new SONG at episode 52

I suspect however that at Episode 37 we will get new animation in the latter part of the opening

Gon using his fishing pole, Killua skateboarding, Kurapika using his two wooden swords, Leorio being Leorio...that will be replaced with nen training

Gon chasing Hisoka will be replaced as he achieved his goal. Likely will change to Ging.

Possible chance of Kite appearing the opening??? That would be cool.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Gon using his fishing pole, Killua skateboarding, Kurapika using his two wooden swords, Leorio being Leorio...that will be replaced with nen training
Now that is more possible, but still, I wouldnt hope too much. I mean, they could as well change it at the beginning of the season.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top