Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I have no doubt in my mind that Madhouse will do Greed Island justice. Now many of you know how big a fan boy I am of Greed Island and in particular it's main antagonist Genthru. I honestly am most excited to see Greed Island, even more so than Yorknew.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have no doubt in my mind that Madhouse will do Greed Island justice. Now many of you know how big a fan boy I am of Greed Island and in particular it's main antagonist Genthru. I honestly am most excited to see Greed Island, even more so than Yorknew.
I'm also really looking forward to Greed Island. Ironic since I use to find it boring.
I think the problem was that with the manga I hadn't own the volumes until recently
and in a way I feel more rushed when I read on the computer more so than with a book.

Genthru is great.

BTW Futurefrog...have you looked at the much love thread lately?

hint hint knock knock nudge nudge
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I'm also really looking forward to Greed Island. Ironic since I use to find it boring.
I think the problem was that with the manga I hadn't own the volumes until recently
and in a way I feel more rushed when I read on the computer more so than with a book.

Genthru is great.

BTW Futurefrog...have you looked at the much love thread lately?

hint hint knock knock nudge nudge
Honestly Greed Island is an arc that is best read in the books. It was a time of bad art quality for Togashi and thus most online scans dont feature the amazing artwork of the volume releases. It's a very under appreciated story arc in my opinion, one that deserves much more respect and definitely more analysis.

Just looked at the art thread and I must commend you sticky, that was an absolutely brilliant colouring. Looks gorgeous. I hope they use those colours. I love Morel's deep purple and the effect you used on the lighting strikes. (but lets not go too off topic here haha).

I'm really pumped for this weeks episode. I believe we will see Kite in the 'next episode' preview.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
They also forgot Maha

Man, MH is really stylish with their covers. This one may have to be my new favorite.

I'm looking forward to GI too, and I'm hoping they can manage to do something with the Chimera Ant arc, too. I really really just want to see the dodgeball scenes animated.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,710
Reaction score
61,420
Gender
Male
Country
France
If they keep the same pace,we'll see the Ryodan on 7/22 so what will be the duration of Kite's flashback?
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
There is a bit of material between the end of Heaven's Arena and beginning of Yorkshin (when the Ryodan appear). I really hope they include the Kite flashback when Gon returns to Whale Island. I speculate that would take up at least half an episode.

The next chance would be after GI then.

They events between Heaven's Arena and start of Yorkshin include Gon/Killua going to Whale Island, Gon learning about Ging, Gon/Killua learning about Greed Island, Gon/Killua raising some money to get Greed Island, and Kurapika being hired on as Nostrade bodyguard.

It's a lot, but in 4-5 episodes, assuming there isn't a recap, they should be able to fit that in and include a Kite flashback.... I don't want them to rush it, though, because I liked these transition scenes.
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Honestly Greed Island is an arc that is best read in the books. It was a time of bad art quality for Togashi and thus most online scans dont feature the amazing artwork of the volume releases. It's a very under appreciated story arc in my opinion, one that deserves much more respect and definitely more analysis.

Just looked at the art thread and I must commend you sticky, that was an absolutely brilliant colouring. Looks gorgeous. I hope they use those colours. I love Morel's deep purple and the effect you used on the lighting strikes. (but lets not go too off topic here haha).

I'm really pumped for this weeks episode. I believe we will see Kite in the 'next episode' preview.
True. I think the scans are starting to or have replace the bad scans with the good volumes. But at this point I already bought the volumes. Actually I just bought volume 9
digitally...because the only print version I own is in German :crying
Greed Island is one that really benefits from Togashi's writing style.

Thanks. I would actually prefer to add more luminescence to Dragon Dive.
Something I think would be awesome is if when we first see it if it goes
really fast like an eagle dive bombing on it's target and then it all of sudden
goes into slow motion while Pitou is in normal motion. Would look so beast.

I hope so.



I love the cover... I just wish
Alluka
~chan is there...
Too spoilerish. We're not supposed to know there even IS another brother sister sibling until Greed Island.

They also forgot Maha

Man, MH is really stylish with their covers. This one may have to be my new favorite.

I'm looking forward to GI too, and I'm hoping they can manage to do something with the Chimera Ant arc, too. I really really just want to see the dodgeball scenes animated.
They didn't forget. We don't see Maha until well into Yorknew.

Dodgeball is going to be crazy.

If they keep the same pace,we'll see the Ryodan on 7/22 so what will be the duration of Kite's flashback?
Likely half an episode to a full episode.


There is a bit of material between the end of Heaven's Arena and beginning of Yorkshin (when the Ryodan appear). I really hope they include the Kite flashback when Gon returns to Whale Island. I speculate that would take up at least half an episode.

The next chance would be after GI then.

They events between Heaven's Arena and start of Yorkshin include Gon/Killua going to Whale Island, Gon learning about Ging, Gon/Killua learning about Greed Island, Gon/Killua raising some money to get Greed Island, and Kurapika being hired on as Nostrade bodyguard.

It's a lot, but in 4-5 episodes, assuming there isn't a recap, they should be able to fit that in and include a Kite flashback.... I don't want them to rush it, though, because I liked these transition scenes.
I really don't want to have to wait until Greed Island to see Kite.

I hope they give us SOMETHING at least.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Too spoilerish. We're not supposed to know there even IS another brother sister sibling until Greed Island.
We are. There was mentioned already that there are five siblings.
But I agree, showing Alluka on a cover would really be too spoilerish. Same with Maho.

Likely half an episode to a full episode.
Actually, Kaito flashback is only 9 (!) pages long. And 5 more pages - meeting with Kon in real time and farewell with other animals. The current pace is about 35 pages per episode. I don't think it deserves more than half an episode.
When writing this I suddenly noticed one thing. Gon said that Kon cannot meet him because female foxbears don't like human scent plus Kon shouldn't associate himself with a human being the king of the forest; but he actually met him before Gon went on a journey. So basically they could move that part to Whale Island return arc. Plus meeting Kon would be a great chance to introduce Kaito flashback like in the first chapter. And they could even leave the 'Kon can't meet humans' part. I can already imagine Gon hugging Kon and saying to him like 'Kon, don't you care that you'll smell like human? Won't your wife and other animals be angry? You're forest king after all!' lol. And they could make departing from the Whale Island again much more moving with all the animals coming out and waving goodbye like in the first chapter. And that will leave a bigger impact than being in the very beginning imo. Cause, you know, Gon returned really quickly after departing on a Hunter Exam, but now he's not gonna return for a long time (dunno, maybe forever even)
Again, sry for my bad english x)
 
Last edited:

bobop

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
196
Reaction score
319
Gender
Male
Country
Reunion
People will really be disappointed if they don't put this Flashback before Yorknew.
If only we have some clues about Kite's introduction being in Whale Island.

We'll have to wait until sunday, with the preview of episode 37.
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
People will really be disappointed if they don't put this Flashback before Yorknew.
If only we have some clues about Kite's introduction being in Whale Island.

We'll have to wait until sunday, with the preview of episode 37.
Yeah, I'm actually more anxious to see the preview of episode 37 than the end of the fight between Gon and Hisoka.

Episode 37 should be chapter 64 + Kite. That would be perfect...
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I guess they are going to start the new 13-pack with Kurapica's mansion; and there are 53 pages until that after Heavens' Arena. Too little for two episodes. They have four options: dragging those 53, adding chapter 69 to them, fitting Kurapica's mansion in half an episode during Whale Island Arc and finish a 13-pack with it or adding a Kaito flashback. The last one seems like the easiest one and the most logical. Let's hope they'll go with that one
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
We are. There was mentioned already that there are five siblings.
But I agree, showing Alluka on a cover would really be too spoilerish. Same with Maho.


Actually, Kaito flashback is only 9 (!) pages long. And 5 more pages - meeting with Kon in real time and farewell with other animals. The current pace is about 35 pages per episode. I don't think it deserves more than half an episode.
When writing this I suddenly noticed one thing. Gon said that Kon cannot meet him because female foxbears don't like human scent plus Kon shouldn't associate himself with a human being the king of the forest; but he actually met him before Gon went on a journey. So basically they could move that part to Whale Island return arc. Plus meeting Kon would be a great chance to introduce Kaito flashback like in the first chapter. And they could even leave the 'Kon can't meet humans' part. I can already imagine Gon hugging Kon and saying to him like 'Kon, don't you care that you'll smell like human? Won't your wife and other animals be angry? You're forest king after all!' lol. And they could make departing from the Whale Island again much more moving with all the animals coming out and waving goodbye like in the first chapter. And that will leave a bigger impact than being in the very beginning imo. Cause, you know, Gon returned really quickly after departing on a Hunter Exam, but now he's not gonna return for a long time (dunno, maybe forever even)
Again, sry for my bad english x)

Well half an episode sounds good. I know everyone is anxious for Yorknew.
But I want Whale Island and I want a good Kite and Kon flashback.
I don't want to have to wait until Greed Island and I don't want them
simply rushing through it just to get to Yorknew.

About Half an episode dedicated to Kite, Kon and perhaps even a little bit of when
Ging rescued Kite from the streets (Kite said this in chapter 1). I don't mean a full
filler of it but something like that of Leorio's flashback back in episode 4.

The way I feel is that this is such a great opportunity to have Kite and perhaps
even build on that that I think it would be madness NOT to have a Kite flashback here.
The 2011 Gon has grown a LOT as a character, has he not? Whale Island should in a way
be the "origin story" where we meet Kite, Kon and learn about the enigmatic Ging.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Here is my predicted structure for the next few episodes:

36: (Chapter 62 and 63)
Rest of Hisoka vs Gon fight. An extended Goodbye to Wing/Zushi and Heavens Arena (it's one panel in manga, needs expansion for anime)

37: (Chapter 64 and part of 1)
Return to Whale Island, Gon and Killua go out and Gon recounts the story of Kite and Kon, return to Gon's house and Mito promises to reveal the truth of Ging.

38: (Chapter 65 and 66)
Mito recounts Ging story, Gon and Kil try to open the box, after opening it they play the tape. They hear Gings message, which then overwrites itself. Killua tells Gon about the memory card and episode ends with Killua telling Gon they need to get a Joystation.

39: (Chapter 67 and 68)
Straight up the entire Flesh Collectors Mansion, I think there will be an extra brief escape scene from the mansion that is alluded to in the narration at the end or it may just be pronounced by the narrator.

That is what I think will end this 13 episode pack on a high note. I do not believe there will be a recap. If there is a recap, which I don't think would make sense, the Flesh Collectors Mansion will be episode 40. Hard to say.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Oh man. I'm excited for the transition scenes (Whale Island, Kurapika in the mansion). While I was reading, I felt that they really set up the stage for Yorkshin in the manga. So I hope Madhouse doesn't mess them up. Not that I think they will, of course, but let's wait and see. Kite needs to be shown.

On another note...


The great family of assassins.
This looks awesome. Though I've always wondered why Killua is the one who has white hair amongst the siblings.
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
I do not believe there will be a recap. If there is a recap, which I don't think would make sense, the Flesh Collectors Mansion will be episode 40. Hard to say.
Now that you mention about the recap,I think it is possible to have one. (though I hope not)
Madhouse could easily take one episode of Gon telling mito about the events in heaven arena.

This looks awesome. Though I've always wondered why Killua is the one who has white hair amongst the siblings.
Cause he's special and a genius ?? I think it's Togashi way to emphasis how special and importance Killua is in the family ,it also make him stand out with that hair colour. In a way,similar to his grandfather and father.

That cover is probably the best out of all the covers I seen.But why doesn't Kikyo have the bandage on her face?
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I was talking more on genetics. I thought his grandfather's hair is white because he's old. And Silva's hair looks more blond than white in the cover. Even if his hair is white, is the gene for white hair super recessive that only Killua was able to inherit it? I just thought that, with all the research Togashi does for HxH, he could have thought of gene inheritance too. Oh well, I actually forget about our hereditary lessons in biology, so I may just be rambling nonsense here. It could be possible that Killua is the only one who inherited white hair. Or whatever.

Though considering this is a manga slash anime, I don't really mind. I just thought it's cute how he's the only one with white hair. Lol.

Anyway. I hope there's no recap episode again. I'm already psyched to see Whale Island.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
As Madhouse doesn't include recap episodes in their DVDs, there could aswell be no recap this time with season being only 24 episodes long (they divide it into 3 eps per DVD and they don't want OP and ED to change midway through DVD)
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Why there should be a recap without a festivity?
The previous two were because that reason, I don't see Madhouse doing that just because they feel like it.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I was talking more on genetics. I thought his grandfather's hair is white because he's old. And Silva's hair looks more blond than white in the cover. Even if his hair is white, is the gene for white hair super recessive that only Killua was able to inherit it? I just thought that, with all the research Togashi does for HxH, he could have thought of gene inheritance too. Oh well, I actually forget about our hereditary lessons in biology, so I may just be rambling nonsense here. It could be possible that Killua is the only one who inherited white hair. Or whatever.
When it comes to heredity, there are recessive and dominant genes. Each offspring receives a "version" of a specific gene (dominant or recessive) from each parent when they're made. For a single gene, which will also determine the appearance of the offspring, this will come in 3 varieties: XX (where capitalized "X" is the dominant gene), Xx (where the lowercase "x" is the recessive gene, and "X" is the dominant gene), and xx (where "x" is, again, the recessive gene).

Although the recessive version may be present in the Xx variety, because the dominant version is there, the dominant version is the one that will be displayed.

So, supposing X = black hair (the dominant gene) in the Zoldyck family, and x = white/lighter hair (recessive).

If we're going to characterize Silva's genes, he would require "xx" since he needs two recessive genes to get his lighter colored hair.

I'm going to assume Kikyo has dark hair, but based on Killua's appearance, we know she also carries the recessive version with her since he has light hair. So I'm going to characterize her genes as "Xx".

Now if I match up Kikyo and Silva's genetics to get the probability of a light-haired kid showing up, I get these four genes: Xx, Xx, xx, xx.

This means there's a 50% chance of a kid with light hair showing up. The other ones have black hair.

If no one cares or this doesn't make sense to anyone, I apologize.

/Biology geekdom

Of course, I doubt Togashi thought of it that in depth. According to his profile, I thought Silva has silver hair and blue eyes, and so does Killua. It's probably to reiterate the fact that out of all his siblings, Killua is unique and therefore the named heir of the Zoldycks. I'm going to assume the other siblings take after Kikyo's appearance in some way or another, but I still see characteristics of Silva in the older siblings as well (i.e. height). I'm also speculating that by the time Killua reaches Milluki or Illumi's age, he's going to be pretty tall.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top