Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobop

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
196
Reaction score
319
Gender
Male
Country
Reunion
Well, if in the current week, they don't update the website with Kite's picture, we'll have our answer.
I doubt we'll see him though.

Good episode this week, but as expected not as great as last week. It was a really fun fight.
I like that Hisoka tell us his analysis for all the nen users.
The farewell scene with Zushi and Wing was great. The character of Zushi was very well done in this version. I kinda hope, we see him later in the manga. I kinda hope, he wins the Battle Olympia. :derp

Seriously, this preview disappoint.
I wasn't in a good mood with Legend of Korra season final and Fate zero final, and then this.
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
This guy was actually included in the anime lol

I didn't know anyone read/watched Level E in the HxH section besides me xD

But, yeah... I was like "yo! this dude is Baka!" lol
Ahh...I didn't know who that guy was. Is level E nice to watch though?

Here are some Hisoka rape faces! :D
Seriously,Hisoka was as creepy as hell (even more creepier than the 1999 version). i think madhouse did a really good job in doing that particular scene.And Hisoka's voice actor makes Hisoka sound like an actual pervert.


On a side note,the extra scene of Zushi at the end really flesh out his character.Madhouse handle his character a lot more better.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
It's actually possible that they include the flashback... I believe in that...! T_T
Chap 63+Kaito fb+Chap 64 = 45 pages, just good for an episode... Please, Madhouse, just don't leave Kaito fb until after GI! It won't leave an inpact at all!
Episode downloading...

^Agreed on both Hisoka and Zushi. And yes, Level E is a great anime, you should definitely watch it.
 
Last edited:

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yup, Level E is a great anime (I haven't read the manga) If you like Pariston from HxH you'll love Baka xD

I'm just gonna leave this here.... enjoy :teehee
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,715
Reaction score
61,437
Gender
Male
Country
France
I think we'll see Kite next week when Gon will mention him.Mad House always show some pictures when they are explaining something unknown or talking about a mysterious person.We should at least see his face,Kon too.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Animations weren't as stellar as last week, but it was still good nonetheless. I'm starting to remember that HxH fights are filled with explanations, lol. Hisoka's flexibility is astounding. His VA is doing a good job, I must say.

Kite's appearance is making me worry. I'm starting to think if I shouldn't expect him in the next two weeks just so I won't be disappointed when if he doesn't show up. Or whatever. Haha, oh well. Whale Island is one of my favorite chapters, so next week should be fun nonetheless.

Yup, Level E is a great anime (I haven't read the manga) If you like Pariston from HxH you'll love Baka xD
Parsiton? :zomg Oh man. Now I want to read Level E now. Gah, maybe when I'm not busy. I should put that on my reading list.
 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
38
Gender
Male
To be honest, I thought the episode was underwhelming compared to the previous one. What happened?! unfitting soundtracks choices and average animation?!

The soundtrack here was unfitting.



We see here a strange man next to Cocco. According to steadynco and Netero, this guy is probably based on Baka from Togashi's other series "Level E", but no confirmations yet.




Hisoka's trick with the badge wasn't in the manga, but it nice to see.



At first I was gonna get annoyed if they're nor giving a flashback to what happened between Gon and Hisoka, but they did give a quick montage.



We didn't get closeups for Gon and Hisoka in this moment and I was really looking for it.




Hisoka once again gets the best quality. Here's some unnecessary glorious animation.



Hisoka gives his Nen personalty analysis for all six types. In the manga he only reveals for Enhancers and Transmuters and that's why Zushi was anxious to know the personality traits for manipulators.




Hisoka gives us his pink hatsu here.



I didn't like the animation here. It felt slow to me.



The damage effect was nice here.



Another crazy animation for Hisoka



Something tells me this is a reference to the sweat drops scene from the old version.



Hisoka describes his Bungee Gum here, but it felt like a monologue. If so, how did Gon know what's its name?



Hisoka's trick question was spot-on.



Then comes Gon's rush attack... that I thought was really underwhelming. The animation for the punches was really bad and didn't make enough impact. At least the animation for the first punch was good.



I liked this scene as well.



Hisoka's explanation for his final strike wasn't in the comical format like the manga.




The final scene between Gon & Killua with Wing & Zushi was filler, but it was okay.



Overall, like I said, the episode was underwhelming and didn't live up to my expectations and the quality was low compared to the previous episode, and that's why I give it 8 out of 10.



NOT THIS SH!T AGAIN!!!



Episode 41:

Gon's punch to Hisoka hurt his hand a little. In the manga it didn't.




Also a note on the soundtrack here: It felt very similar to a bunch of Madhouse's soundtrack like Fanfare!, The World of Adventurers, Hunter yo Eien Nare!, or Boys, Be Courageous!.




Episode 42:

Next problem, we have Machi coming to watch the match. Some may ask what's the problem, but her presence here makes a plothole for future events.



Here's an error. You can see the gap where the stone block that Gon used in the previous episode is right behind him. It wasn't like that in the previous episode. And there were those who outraged and called Madhouse names just because they forgot the hole Majitani made in episode 10 and yet, here we have similar errors. Those hypocrites!



The guy sitting next to the announcer wasn't like the one from the manga, but instead he was a guy wearing a Togashi avatar mask.




This moment was closer to the manga than the new version.




This moment was cool




Some minor differences here. Hisoka elbowed Gon with his right instead of the left, and he made two more strikes after the double smack on Gon's back.




A difference in the order of events here. In the manga, Gon circles around Hisoka for a bit before answering Hisoka's taunts. In the anime He taunts him first and then circles around Hisoka after he got the gum on his cheek.




We talked about this scene previously.



In the manga, we see the gum after Gon uses gyo. In the anime we see it beforehand.





After realizing the he got into a trap, Gon tries to yank the gum off by running. In the manga, Hisoka pulls him instantly. In the anime he also gives Gon not just one, but two punches.




Hisoka talks a bit about the atmosphere and how it was similar to the final exam. This scene was not in the manga.



Hisoka explains the gum to Gon. We talked about this scene previously as well.



This scene was not in the manga.



Gon's rush attack got extended a bit. Gon's monologue was before Hisoka's instead of after the attack like the manga. The animation and the effects like the sweat drops were superb. In my opinion, this was better than the new version.




When Hisoka tells Gon to look to the right, we see the rock hits his head from the back. In the manga we see from the front.




Hisoka's explanation for the trick was verbal only and wasn't like the manga.




Episode 43:

We see another error here. As we all remember, There were two block used in the fight and we did see two gaps, however in this episode we see one gap only.



Everything else has been covered in episodes 33 and 34 from the new version.


Episode 44:

Gon tries to ask Killua if he'd like to come to Whale Island with him in a bashful way like he feels ashamed of asking him. In the manga it was Killua who suggested the idea to gon.




As they leave we get to see one last look at the workers there, Killua does a prank on one of them. Nice touch (If we ignored to misused ren)



Until we get to... *sigh*... the elevator girl again...!! Just look at it... The same backgrounds, the same angles, the same poses, and even the girl's rage and the boys' bruised faces were recycled from previous episodes! Oh, and apparently she can use nen as well...! At least that's the end of this overused joke.


So overall, there were minor differences and doesn't affect that much (Except Machi and the change of events and the the final elevator scene), but for the fight itself, I say the old version did it better in the second part.
 
Last edited:

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Hohoho, that Hisoka's perversion. :teeheeThey're actually showing it in the morning. Great! :superReally gives me hope for Yorkshin.

Anyway, Hisoka's 10 victories gave him the right to challenge one of the Floor Masters who're supposed to be, like, the strongest fighters around. I sincerely doubt he'd pass up a challenge like that, and also I believe he'd be able to win with relative ease and become a Floor Master himself. I'd really want to know how things turned out there, but ever since the end of Tenkuu Togijou arc nothing has been mentioned which makes me a little sad as Battle Olympia seemed like an interesting idea...
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,715
Reaction score
61,437
Gender
Male
Country
France
Hohoho, that Hisoka's perversion. :teeheeThey're actually showing it in the morning. Great! :superReally gives me hope for Yorkshin.

Anyway, Hisoka's 10 victories gave him the right to challenge one of the Floor Masters who're supposed to be, like, the strongest fighters around. I sincerely doubt he'd pass up a challenge like that, and also I believe he'd be able to win with relative ease and become a Floor Master himself. I'd really want to know how things turned out there, but ever since the end of Tenkuu Togijou arc nothing has been mentioned which makes me a little sad as Battle Olympia seemed like an interesting idea...
Hisoka killed the floor master and went to York Shin
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
To be honest, I thought the episode was underwhelming compared to the previous one. What happened?! unfitting soundtracks choices and average animation?!
Hm... I think the animations were underwhelming because of the explanations mid-battle. For example, when Hisoka is doing his thought-monologue on Bungee Gum, all the actions were shown in slow motion until the end of the monologue. It was a bit dragging for me, just a little bit, because of all the slow mo. The fight wasn't continuous because there were a lot of talking in between the action (but that's HxH for ya). Plus, the music direction. I don't think it was that bad, but it definitely wasn't as good as last week's.

This episode also came after last week's godly animation-ed episode. Last week, the tension was thick because the audience isn't supposed to be sure how the fight will go. Will Gon stand a chance? Or will he get creamed? Can he even land a hit? It was also hyped as one of the most anticipated fights. Imo, the tension is lost in this episode because we know that Gon, having just punched Hisoka last episode, actually has a chance to win (if he had enough experience). Plus, Gon's goal of paying back his debt has been reached last week, so there isn't really much to look forward to because Gon's goal isn't to actually win the fight (though he does want to prolong the fight and get stronger).

After all the Kite talk, I was more interested in the preview than anything else. But this episode was solid imo. There just wasn't any tension this week.
 
Last edited:

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Yup, Level E is a great anime (I haven't read the manga) If you like Pariston from HxH you'll love Baka xD

I'm just gonna leave this here.... enjoy :teehee
Omg, its not gonna be long till people in in the fanart world makes something out of this...
======

Overall I gave HXH 36 5/5, they really did great in this...

=====
well I'm not surprise if there will be no Kite next week, coz producers directly say so, that Kite is gonna appear In order to lessen the gap between his appearance and reappearence.
may be after GI (we'll get his back story).
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It was a good episode, Props to Madhouse for handling the orgasm scene. It is somewhat difficult to understand backgrounds from Togashi. The whole distortion of the body which is obviously on purpose played a great trick in that instance, because the whole fight felt like it was from the point of view of Hisoka.
That even was evident in the speed of the fight, the slow motion feeling...As if everything was just easy to predict.

For some it maybe "not as great animation" as last episode. For me it was an awesome way to figure out Hisoka and represent it with little details everywhere.
You can notice in this moment: Even if the background was lame and the floating effects is kinda lame (I'm not blind) this whole set of punches were introductory to Hisoka orgasm...So they SHOULD be slow. It's supposed to be as Hisoka sees it, after all.


So...some gifs. First, Magic Hisoka.

Second, lame giving badge.

Because Palm-face is not enough...ROCK FACE. (Gonna edit it with that text afterwards xD)



---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

And the gif I couldn't resist to make:
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Never thought of the episode as it coming from Hisoka's perspective. Interesting take on it.
 

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
It's a supposition.

What kind of Voice would you want for Ging and Kite?
What an interesting question! For now I'd say I'd like Ging to have a masculine voice but not too much and a lighter a bit higher pitched for Kaito, that is Koyasu Takehito or Onosaka Masaya or even Ikeda Shuuichi for Ging (yeah, I'm really undecided on his va) and maybe Horie Kazuma for Kaito.
 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
38
Gender
Male
Why was I disappointed with Gon's rush? Look at how it was in the manga.


When I read it, I always thought it should be like this:

NOT like this:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top