Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm of the same attitude, but I also don't want to wait until the end of Greed Island to see Kaito, for reasons that others have stated.

I really want to see Gon and Killua bonding, Killua being exposed to a loving family (without the emo crap from the 99 version), and especially the Ging flashback. I want to see how the Flesh Collector's Mansion is animated as well.

As much as I enjoy the action in shounen, I enjoy the downtime as well. It gives you a nice glimpse of the characters' personalities as they would live everyday life.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Were people actually disappointed watching this episode? I get that it didn't have the beyond godly animation that the last one had (the music direction was also a little bland), but I though we all knew that based on the preview? I actually loved this episode! I especially loved the gorgeously animated scene that came after Hisoka's "orgasm" (lol). That scene was just as well animated as the fight in the last episode. And once again I'm surprised at how Madhouse had the guts to show Hisoka's pervertedness so blatantly! I now think that they might actually show his infamous Greed Island scene xD! Younger viewers might not really get Hisoka's pervertedness though (seems more like an adult bonus), I remember only noticing it when I was a little older.

As for Kite, yeah I'm a little disappointed that he didn't show up in the preview, but I still won't rule out him appearing in the actual episode. Even if they don't show the entirety of Gon's flashback, they may show just a little preview of Kite. That would actually be pretty cool in my opinion, something of a little tease for viewers.

By the way I took some screenshots of stills which I think would make pretty cool sigs:








PS: Awesome to see that they kept the Prince cameo (as random as it is xD). It's just a shame he wasn't blond or voiced by Namikawa Daisuke. I guess two unrelated characters with the same voice in the same episode would be weird.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Compared to how rapid fire punches are usually drawn in manga. If you've seen them in anime you'd understand how it usually depicted and why Gon's attack wasn't as good as it it's supposed to be.


No, no. You misunderstand. Now THAT looks good. See how you can actually see the hands?
One Piece episode all you saw was smoke or something of whatever. You didn't see hands.

One Piece manga panel you just showed looks AWESOME.

One Piece anime episode you showed earlier looks not so great.

I mean sure I can put two and two together and figure out it's Luffy's hands punching really fast. But it doesn't LOOK like hands punching really fast.

With Gon while it was tad too slow and should have been a flurry of punches I MUCH prefer it to what the One Piece anime gave.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Were people actually disappointed watching this episode? I get that it didn't have the beyond godly animation that the last one had (the music direction was also a little bland), but I though we all knew that based on the preview? I actually loved this episode! I especially loved the gorgeously animated scene that came after Hisoka's "orgasm" (lol). That scene was just as well animated as the fight in the last episode. And once again I'm surprised at how Madhouse had the guts to show Hisoka's pervertedness so blatantly! I now think that they might actually show his infamous Greed Island scene xD! Younger viewers might not really get Hisoka's pervertedness though (seems more like an adult bonus), I remember only noticing it when I was a little older.

As for Kite, yeah I'm a little disappointed that he didn't show up in the preview, but I still won't rule out him appearing in the actual episode. Even if they don't show the entirety of Gon's flashback, they may show just a little preview of Kite. That would actually be pretty cool in my opinion, something of a little tease for viewers.

By the way I took some screenshots of stills which I think would make pretty cool sigs:








PS: Awesome to see that they kept the Prince cameo (as random as it is xD). It's just a shame he wasn't blond or voiced by Namikawa Daisuke. I guess two unrelated characters with the same voice in the same episode would be weird.
That reminds me...

Did anyone else besides me like the muted version of "Sprint" after Hisoka won? Because I did.

I'm gonna hope against hope that Kite appears! And Kon too! Kon is too cool to be left out!

Imagine Ging, Kite and Kon all in one episode...FANTASTIC!
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I'm gonna hope against hope that Kite appears! And Kon too! Kon is too cool to be left out!

Imagine Ging, Kite and Kon all in one episode...FANTASTIC!
I really really hope for that too! But after the last ep preview, I lost almost all my hope =(
 

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
After re-watching the episode, I can say that all my real complaints are the first track played at the beginning, and the beginning of Gon's rush towards Hisoka, which was animated badly with just some still images.











the part in which Hisoka says "Oh, Gon... GON!" was animated greatly though.

it looks like Hisoka gets all the good animation, and poor Gon gets only some still images!


after that scene everything was animated as greatly as the previous episode. even Gon's parts.
 

Popo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
165
Reaction score
435
Gender
Female
Country
Canada










What an episode. 10/10. I want to see Gon absolutely destroy this cretin the next time they fight.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Were people actually disappointed watching this episode? I get that it didn't have the beyond godly animation that the last one had (the music direction was also a little bland), but I though we all knew that based on the preview?
Nah. I wasn't disappointed since it was expected anyway. Though I didn't feel a lot of tension, which was what I was unconsciously expecting (I didn't even realize I wanted tension in the battle until after I finished the episode - maybe it's the hype). Maybe you guys felt it, but I didn't. Though tension isn't really needed for this episode so... yeah. I just have unconscious expectations that don't make sense. :blink Which is why I'm trying not to expect Kite, in case he doesn't show up. But damn that's hard.

Overall, it was an enjoyable episode. I don't actually see too many complaints with this one. Daisuke Namikawa is doing an amazing job as Hisoka, and I liked the Zushi filler. And the various expressions in Gon's and Hisoka's faces. And the animations weren't that awful, just a liiiiiittle bit slow at times. Though I liked this episode better when someone here (Uriel?) mentioned about seeing the episode through the way Hisoka sees it, which is interesting. It was all good. Solid episode, really.
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
After re-watching the episode, I can say that all my real complaints are the first track played at the beginning, and the beginning of Gon's rush towards Hisoka, which was animated badly with just some still images.











the part in which Hisoka says "Oh, Gon... GON!" was animated greatly though.

it looks like Hisoka gets all the good animation, and poor Gon gets only some still images!


after that scene everything was animated as greatly as the previous episode. even Gon's parts.

Hm..Actually the still images here didn't bother me at all and I usually hate still animation.
To me it was less about seeing Gon rush Hisoka and more about Gon jumping into the lions den.
So to me the slow motion/still animation fit and had just enough movement in the background
that it felt like Gon was moving but it was as time itself had slowed down.
The scene is more about the characters then it is about the fight.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Also in a way it almost feels like Gon is flying towards Hisoka rather than just running. As if Gon was a missile with a single purpose...destroy the target.

And of course this rage makes Hisoka all hot and bothered creepily enough
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I have read a lot of comments in differents forums saying something like "Now a little filler and then finally York Shin."

I find it annoying, because this short stay at Whale Island is a part of the manga that I love.

Especially this scene:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/20615/hunter-x-hunter_ch64_by_no-group/10

It's like... the beginning of what will be the premise of the manga for the next 250 chapters, at least. With this heartwarming scene, the adventure of Gon and Killua officially begins.
Personally when I read the manga, this was the point when I started to grow fond of the characters.

Edit: they updated the official site with Ging's design:


And no Kite =S

Still, I'm hoping they put him on episode 38 or 39...
 
Last edited:

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
^Wait wait... Why is Ging listed as a Heavens' Arena arc character?!
 
Last edited:

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
^Wait wait... Why is Ging listed as a Heavens' Arena character?!
It's just the way they divide the arcs.

To me Whale Island is the beggining of York Shin arc, but it doesn't really matter, is all the same story.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Kinda strange as they've made Zoldycks Mansion a different arc while not changing the arc title to Whale Island or Yorkshin.
And I've just noticed... Why is there no Gon's Grandmother, Captain, Quiz Gran, Kiriko family? They're all Hunter Exam arc characters =O Even Mike is there =|
 

bobop

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
196
Reaction score
319
Gender
Male
Country
Reunion
Ging's design is actually damn good. But fuck, no Kite. :gwah
I lost all my hope. We are not going to see him.
I am starting to be disappointed. I really hope i am wrong, and that we'll see him after.
I would prefer a full filler episode about Kite and Gon's past for episode 39, instead of a recap.
I just don't want another recap !!!!! I don't !!!:wall:wall
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I'd prefer another recap though with Kaito fb this week... It just fits better imo. I can't find a better place for it now =/
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
12-years-ago Ging is a lot cooler than the Ging of the manga and his 3 days stubble :XD

Anyway, the character design in the site were my last hope. Now I'll just wait and try to enjoy the anime anyway. Hopefully, Madhouse knows what is doing.
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ging's design is actually damn good. But fuck, no Kite. :gwah
I lost all my hope. We are not going to see him.
I am starting to be disappointed. I really hope i am wrong, and that we'll see him after.
I would prefer a full filler episode about Kite and Gon's past for episode 39, instead of a recap.
I just don't want another recap !!!!! I don't !!!:wall:wall
Even though he is right here
[/url][/IMG]
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Last Gifs for this chapter!




And well, next chapter will be somewhat boring for those who want animation. Someone knows who will direct it?
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
And well, next chapter will be somewhat boring for those who want animation. Someone knows who will direct it?
The animation director will probably be Mai Ishii.
He/she did episodes 1, 7, 15, 22, 30.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
12-years-ago Ging is a lot cooler than the Ging of the manga and his 3 days stubble :XD

Anyway, the character design in the site were my last hope. Now I'll just wait and try to enjoy the anime anyway. Hopefully, Madhouse knows what is doing.
3 day stubble Ging is awesome. He's like a Hobo version of Yusuke Urameshi. X)

Though Ging looks awesome there.

I didn't like Ging's Greed Island look too much though. At least not in the anime. I forget how he looked in the manga.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top